Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Edo State Local Government Election Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Local Government Election Update (31250 Views)

Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH / Nigeria's Election Update - 29-03-15 3:50 Pm / Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2013
The Edo State masses are warning up for today's LG polls. We are seriously waiting in patience to once gain exercise our franchise and choose who will represent us in our various wards and local goverments. One question that is popping up at this point in time is, WILL IT BE A FRUTILE WAITING AND WARMING UP OF THE ELECTORATE? This question is being asked because, right about now, voting materials have not left Benin City, the state capital to various Local Goverment Areas not to talk of each wards and polling unit. The state INEC chairman while answering questions from press men said, he has not seen the materials as all materials have been diverted to the goverment house instead of the state INEC office. Is this a delibrate act to fustrate the electorate? Is our comrade governor about going against his policy of ONE MAN, ONE VOTE?
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by touch4mony: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2013
The best rigger will win and opposition will now come and cry as usual
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 8:08am On Apr 20, 2013
The rigging party is quite obvious here. What will become of us if, the man will hold in in esteem and the same man who has been crying of foul play is now becoming the foul player?

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2013
Materials have been shared, my source at the INEC office just notified me that they just left Benin on their to akoko-Edo. Its a 2hours journey. Hopefully they will be here by 10:pm
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 8:18am On Apr 20, 2013
Materials have been shared, my source at the INEC office just notified me that they just left Benin and coming to akoko-Edo. Its a 2hours journey. Hopefully they will be here by 10:pm

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 8:32am On Apr 20, 2013
Journalist should make investigation of any news they come across to avoid misleading member of the public. What actually happened in EDSIEC, Benin city was that due to the delay in the arrival of non-sensitive material for the election different people most especially the opposition party started having all kinds of assumption that the ruling party is making efforts to rig the eletion, which is absolute false. Election in Edo state will be free, fair and peaceful.
There is nothing like voting material in the Govt House and no result has been written.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 8:36am On Apr 20, 2013
Mod., i want this at the front page , pls
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 9:11am On Apr 20, 2013
sunch: Journalist should make investigation of any news they come across to avoid misleading member of the public. What actually happened in EDSIEC, Benin city was that due to the delay in the arrival of non-sensitive material for the election different people most especially the opposition party started having all kinds of assumption that the ruling party is making efforts to rig the eletion, which is absolute false. Election in Edo state will be free, fair and peaceful.
There is nothing like voting material in the Govt House and no result has been written.
pls do u Have any idea wat caused the delay? It's 9am now and sensitive materials have not arrive. Don't you think it's a cause for alarm from the opposition parties?
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 10:00am On Apr 20, 2013
onimcee1: pls do u Have any idea wat caused the delay? It's 9am now and sensitive materials have not arrive. Don't you think it's a cause for alarm from the opposition parties?
voting materials as been dispatched to various polling units. There is no cause for alarm as voting wld commence soonest. And which LGA are you?
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 10:01am On Apr 20, 2013
Materials just arrived Igarra, akoko-Edo Local Government headquarters. Arrangement is on for disbursements to each ward.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 10:03am On Apr 20, 2013
sunch:
voting materials as been dispatched to various polling units. There is no cause for alarm as voting wld commence soonest. And which LGA are you?
akoko-Edo Local Government, the farthest from Benin.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2013
Pls lets represent where we are reporting from, for am reporting from GRA. Oredo LGA
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2013
sunch: Mod., i want this at the front page , pls
MODERATOR, PLS GET THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE, COS WE WANT ALL EDOLITES TO MAKE AN INPUT AND KNOW HOW THE ELECTION GOES IN OUR LOCALITIES
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by abbeybanks(m): 10:22am On Apr 20, 2013
lol the whole polling units or from just one in the reserved area?
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 10:40am On Apr 20, 2013
Disbursement has started in ward one of akoko-Edo local government area. They are at unit 3 now.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Guddy(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2013
I believe our comrade governor will live up to expectation in this election. I pray for a peaceful and violence free I election.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 11:35am On Apr 20, 2013
sunch:
MODERATOR, PLS GET THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE, COS WE WANT ALL EDOLITES TO MAKE AN INPUT AND KNOW HOW THE ELECTION GOES IN OUR LOCALITIES
@MODERATOR,
I WRITE WITH DISMAY AND BITTERNESS OF HEART THAT THIS TOPIC IS YET TO MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE WHEN TOPICS THAT ARE IRRELEVANT AND DOESNT ADD VALUE TO OUR LIFE MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE.
I HEREBY STATE EMPHATICALLY THAT IF THIS TOPIC DOESNT MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE BEFORE NOON I SHALL DERAIL ALL TOPICS IN THE FRONT PAGE.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by richardbry: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Live @ polling unit 12, ward 1, akoko-Edo local government area. We are still awaiting the arrival of non-sensitive materials from EDSIEC. some people are going back home as they have been waiting in vain. Others have started going to the market as today is Igarra market day. What is happening EDSIEC?
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by thelastPope(m): 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
There is no election in Edo state. The whole thing was a hoax. I am a fan of Oshiomole but he has just disappointed big time. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by richardbry: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
Election postponed in Oredo and Ikpoba-Okha LGA..... http://ynaija.com/politico/liveblog-edolg-election-coverage/
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ikpoba oka and oredo lga election has been rescheduled
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
No news yet in akoko-Edo, whether there is election or not. We are still keeping our fingers crossed.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
So Oshiomole cannot get election materials to arrive early for local council polls? But this same Oshiomole harshly criticised Prof Jega for late arrival of voting materials at the last Edo elections?
This is a perfect case of talk is cheap.
Smh!

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Ponel: 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
Materials has just arrived esan south east lga ward 6.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 20, 2013
Am with the presiding officer of unit 12, ward 1, akoko-Edo but no materials yet. We are still waiting shaa.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by vizboy(m): 12:54pm On Apr 20, 2013
Men na auchi i dey oh but i no sure say i go vote today. Any how shall how the election dey be for una area
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by sunch(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2013
Can anyone feed me with report from Etsako Central LGA, pls
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by thelastPope(m): 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
sunch: Ikpoba oka and oredo lga election has been rescheduled

What a shame. What a calamity! SMH!
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Omon605(m): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
Am from esan north east local government council uromi. The voting materials have arrived, they almost started the disbursement before they discovered that the results sheets is not complete and the DPD members refuse the election in spite of the plea from the people that the election should go on and waited for the sensitive materials.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Ponel: 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
Accreditation has started in unit 1-5(ward 6) esan south east lga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zakir Naik And Nigerian 'Muslim Airforce' At Abuja Airport / N-power: 109,823 Beneficiaries Now Business Owners – Sadiya Umar Farouq / Wonderful Picture Of President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.