Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,589 members, 7,801,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss (7448 Views)

New Gtbank Mobile Money Transfer And Recharge: Risky? / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money / Congrats To All Gtbank Customers As Gtbank Mobile Money Application Got Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by defemz(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2013
Hello everyone,
I recently downloaded the GTBANK mobile money app android version to my phone. I registered and a'One Time Password' otp was sent to me, which I used to activate my account. I then proceeded to their nearest branch to link my GTBANK account to the mobile money app so as to be able to start using it for various payment. I filled a form and was assured my account will be linked in 48 hours. It is now more than a month and my account is not yet linked. I have visited their customer service severally but the story has been the same. On some occassion, the customer service guy gave me a number '3001' if I remember correctly to dial. I did but the guys at the other end were either dumb or ignorant of how the service worked. Well, since I could not fund my mobile money account by linking it with my GTB account, I proceeded to fund the account through the interswitch channels(web,ATM) etc. but the error message I kept getting is that my mobile money no is not in use or existence. Let me say at this juncture that it is the mobile no I used to open account with gtbank, and I have previously activated the mobile no on GTBANK mobile money app and have successfully logged in. This service which was suppose to make customer lives easier has frustrated me beyond measure. And let me quickly say here that I am tech savvy and by no means a novice in all of these. My question is why is GTBANK rolling out a service when it is obviously technically not ready for it?. A visit to their google app store speaks volume. There, there are overwhelming negative reviews by users of both the app and the service. So nairalanders with experience with this service, what is your take on it.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by busoye19: 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
I had similar experience initially when I requested for my account to be linked with GT mobile money. I waited and was calling the customer service for almost 3 weeks, nothing happened. I had to re-visit the branch again to register my grieviance. The branch's customer service was telling me that, there was a particular info I failed to provide in the form and that was why the request was not successful, they never told me that while I was calling them. They brought out the form and asked me to provide those information, which I did. They assured me that the acct would be linked within 24hrs.
Lo and behold, I waited again for another 3 weeks the acct was not linked.
I had to visit another branch and make fresh request. They asked me to fill a form and hold on for 24hrs that I will receive a text message. That after receiving the message, I should proceed and start using the mobile money. I waited for another 1 week, no text message came to that effect. I went back to the branch again. The customer service guy told me that he forwarded the request and it was not rejected. Which means I should receive text message. He advised that I should try and use tha application. To my surprise, I tried it and it worked. I have been using it since then.
I will advise you to visit another branch and make fresh requested. Goodluck!
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by defemz(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Thanks, hope others would share their experience.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by ifababa(m): 12:27am On May 14, 2013
I downloaded the App with another sim in my phone and on trying to register my account with my own sim i was faced with a similar problem and the mobile money,
Gtconnect and the guys at the other end of the phone including the bank branch just didnt get what i was complaining about,like dumb heads that dont even know hw it should work themselves...I sense though that the application auto-registers the number of the sim used in downloading the App ...They didnt understand my problem and like that old saying,you cant give what you dont have really...So im still there hoping some brilliant guy would pick up the call from the other end someday....
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by maximale: 12:34pm On May 14, 2013
Here's the download link for the GTB mobile money app for those who havent downloaded it.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by Fadajasi(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2013
Pls guys, I did my registration some months back, but never further it frm there, but now I installed it again on my bb, I logged in, but now am not so sure if I had already activated it, I just wanna ask, can one successfully log in without activating 1st? Thank you
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by ibietela2(m): 7:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
[size=38pt]MISS[/size]
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by Dermie: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
MISS
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by gwadabe81(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
I had a similar experience too.I filled a form twice to link my Gtb mobile money account with my savings account.To my greatest surprise they were unable to do.The third time i went there i was advice by one of the customer care agent to call their centre,which i did.I'm still waitin for their reply.
I don't think Gtbank are ready for this.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2013

Dafuq are you guys going on 'bout registrations and forms and shite? I just downloaded the app, entered my phone number, account number and pin. Chikena!
Although I haven't been using the "mobile money" aspect of it (I've been using my card in POS stations), I've never had to purchase MTN recharge cards from physical vendors since. I just transfer whatever amount I need from my bank account to my phone. Did I hear you say convenient?
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by defemz(m): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
The real color of a typical nigerian thing is clearly evident in this GTbank mobile money. after much hazzle, i was finally able to use the app on my old phone. After i got another phone and i reinstall the app on my new phone, the stupid app was not allowing me to login saying my account is currently being used by another phone. So this means i have to continue using the old phone till eternity because i want to continue using this stupid app. GTbank has really messed up in this one. Even when i was using it my old phone, if i wanted to recharge i usually encountered countless unsuccessful attempts. In short this is one of the worst app in the google store. The reviews given by numerous users on the google android market is appalling. we should in short ask google to yank this diagrace of an app off the android market
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by walcolm(m): 7:19am On Aug 07, 2013
definitely a miss..the whole mobile monie shenanigan is a complete waste of time
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by femi9naija(m): 8:28am On Aug 07, 2013
For me, it's an HIT. I have linked my number since the time of GTMobile. GTMobile has now been replaced with this new GTMobileMoney. Even though I prefer the old one cos I can pay DStv, PHCN and water bills with it. But I can't with this new one. Still ok though, since I can recharge my phone with it & credit another's GTMoney account with it. HIT.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by solelymade: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
well it is not unexpected dat some pple will have issues wit d mobile moni platform. I download d app frm playstore witout knowin d use and some days later got a msg frm GTB about usin d contained pin to register then i launched d app, read d quickguide, registered on my phone and enjoyed everything d service can provide. Also i did all dis witout steppin in any of GTB branch. All my moni dey inside my mobile moni acct, steal my ATM CARD wit pin AND BECOME A NAJIA BILLIONAIRE.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by Babylox(f): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
GT Mobile is only good for buying phone credit.
I don't go to vendors to buy credit anymore. I just leave about 5k in my wallet regularly.

I lost my ATM card and decided that this was a good enough time to try out their mobile banking ish. Unfortunately, I tried the Cash Out thing and to my dismay 5 days later I'm still waiting for them to refund my money to my account. I call them everyday and they tell me [size=14pt]STILL PENDING. WAIT ANOTHER 24 HOURS. I called an hour ago. Same thing.

I also tried the transfer to GTB account option. Apparently, if the person does not have mobile money app, it cannot send money to their GT account. SO WHAT'S THE POINT??

So if you find yourself in a bind and need cash pronto DO NOT DEPEND ON GT MOBILE. Unless it's for phone credit, then by all means carry go.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by sandman79: 6:35am On Aug 21, 2013
I haven't started using the app but I've downloaded it. Is First Banks first money mobile app any better?
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by felucci(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2013
I got the app and activation code but it just doesn't activate. I've called customer service to resend me another code and that one still doesn't work. I later switched to Stanbic mobile money by dialing *909# and it works nicely. I guess I'm not going back to GTb'S mobile money for now. A waste of time. I did a review of them here: nabanker.com/cgi-bin/page.pl?b=mobile-money&bn=1&m=2
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
defemz: Hello everyone,
I recently downloaded the GTBANK mobile money app android version to my phone. I registered and a'One Time Password' otp was sent to me, which I used to activate my account. I then proceeded to their nearest branch to link my GTBANK account to the mobile money app so as to be able to start using it for various payment. I filled a form and was assured my account will be linked in 48 hours. It is now more than a month and my account is not yet linked. I have visited their customer service severally but the story has been the same. On some occassion, the customer service guy gave me a number '3001' if I remember correctly to dial. I did but the guys at the other end were either dumb or ignorant of how the service worked. Well, since I could not fund my mobile money account by linking it with my GTB account, I proceeded to fund the account through the interswitch channels(web,ATM) etc. but the error message I kept getting is that my mobile money no is not in use or existence. Let me say at this juncture that it is the mobile no I used to open account with gtbank, and I have previously activated the mobile no on GTBANK mobile money app and have successfully logged in. This service which was suppose to make customer lives easier has frustrated me beyond measure. And let me quickly say here that I am tech savvy and by no means a novice in all of these. My question is why is GTBANK rolling out a service when it is obviously technically not ready for it?. A visit to their google app store speaks volume. There, there are overwhelming negative reviews by users of both the app and the service. So nairalanders with experience with this service, what is your take on it.
I see I am not the only one that seems to have been abandoned by gtb on this issue. I have a very powerful online banking system with them so I just abandoned it.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by sirrich05(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
Guys guys guys! Are you all saying that one cant use the app without having an avcount with gtbank? I downloaded it and it working fine with the pass word and the rest. My only problem is how to fund it since i dont have a gtbank account. Zenith easy money where i bank isnt helping too. So does anyone know anyother way to fund this gtmobile money account without opening an account with gtbank?
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by drdams: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nt until some of u go 2 d head office @ Akin Adesola street, VI; it might take eternity.
Since I frequent there , I used d opportunity to branch and b4 I got to d exit, I got a message indicating my complaint has been resolved n it really was..

D only prob nw is dat since yst, I cant recharge. To carry money go buy card na palava.

I guess it wud b a prob wit d service providers...
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by RoyalRoy(m): 6:27am On Sep 09, 2013
Its a bloody waste of time.
Can't recharge the account online!!

So if I have to go to p.o.s or a.t.m terminal to fund the account each time, then why is it called mobile?

The previous one they had on was even better. At least I recharge my phone lines & pay some bills on it.
This new one is crap!

***trying to load call credit for someone since 2am cos of an emergency & no way out. Useless application!
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by toluxa1(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2013
Babylox: GT Mobile is only good for buying phone credit.
I don't go to vendors to buy credit anymore. I just leave about 5k in my wallet regularly.

I lost my ATM card and decided that this was a good enough time to try out their mobile banking ish. Unfortunately, I tried the Cash Out thing and to my dismay 5 days later I'm still waiting for them to refund my money to my account. I call them everyday and they tell me [size=14pt]STILL PENDING. WAIT ANOTHER 24 HOURS. I called an hour ago. Same thing.

I also tried the transfer to GTB account option. Apparently, if the person does not have mobile money app, it cannot send money to their GT account. SO WHAT'S THE POINT??

So if you find yourself in a bind and need cash pronto DO NOT DEPEND ON GT MOBILE. Unless it's for phone credit, then by all means carry go.

My money was held for nearly 3 months before it was released. I called more than 25times
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by tofek4real: 1:27am On Oct 01, 2013
Gtb mobile money is totally useless n baseless. Did everything i was asked to do, and even to recharge my fone no way. My money is stocked in my acct 4 natin
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by Hawlahscho(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
defemz: The real color of a typical nigerian thing is clearly evident in this GTbank mobile money. after much hazzle, i was finally able to use the app on my old phone. After i got another phone and i reinstall the app on my new phone, the stupid app was not allowing me to login saying my account is currently being used by another phone. So this means i have to continue using the old phone till eternity because i want to continue using this stupid app. GTbank has really messed up in this one. Even when i was using it my old phone, if i wanted to recharge i usually encountered countless unsuccessful attempts. In short this is one of the worst app in the google store. The reviews given by numerous users on the google android market is appalling. we should in short ask google to yank this diagrace of an app off the android market

this is What am passing tru too.... have you now solved it,?
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by U1(m): 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
A BIG miss! Sadly, GTB got this one wrong.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss by jclassiq(m): 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
defemz:
The real color of a typical nigerian thing is clearly evident in this GTbank mobile money. after much hazzle, i was finally able to use the app on my old phone. After i got another phone and i reinstall the app on my new phone, the stupid app was not allowing me to login saying my account is currently being used by another phone. So this means i have to continue using the old phone till eternity because i want to continue using this stupid app. GTbank has really messed up in this one. Even when i was using it my old phone, if i wanted to recharge i usually encountered countless unsuccessful attempts. In short this is one of the worst app in the google store. The reviews given by numerous users on the google android market is appalling. we should in short ask google to yank this diagrace of an app off the android market

And I guess u are nt aware that u will need to log out from ur old phone before trying to log in in ur new phone.. Yet you are here calling names.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Black Friday: How To Benefit From The Biggest Sales On Konga/jumia / How Can I Import From China / Access Bank Statement On MMM (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.