Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row (23332 Views)

Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release / Can Nigerian Deportee From Usa(overstayed Visa) Apply For Canada Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2008
Again obviously you dont get it

There are people complaining about the fact that this happened to a Nigerian, that's their own

That is NOT what my complaint is about. Like I said I dont care if some are vocal and some are docile. Who gives a shit? That's the point.

Shouldnt be there in the first place and the fact that someone who decided to vocalize his concerns was arrested is what I have a problem with, NOT the fact that he's Nigerian.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by EloSela(f): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2008
@D-Loaded

As I said before Mr.Omotade should have kept a zip on it. I wonder if he now thinks it was worth speaking up seeing as he missed his brother's wedding because of it.

The man wasn't dying but was afraid that he would die if sent to Nigeria and hence the reason why he was making so much noise. No one should have to travel under such conditions but maybe a an official complaint against the airline might have sufficed instead of confronting immigration officials doing their job.

I am not privy to Police procedure but I have heard that Heathrow was on high security red alert on that day. In such situations, once the Police are given orders about a disturbance on an aircraft they go in like zombies and ask questions later.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 11:56pm On Apr 13, 2008
EloSela:

In such situations, once the Police are given orders about a disturbance on an aircraft they go in like zombies and ask questions later.

Sounds very NIGERIAN-ish to me.

and how ironic that excuses are mde in the name of "craft disturbances" by the police when they are the ones disturbing paying passengers with the screams of criminals
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 2:21am On Apr 14, 2008
Despite all that happened on that flight, I believe that the cabin crew were a lot more courteous in their dealings with passengers than what I experienced in domestic Nigerian flights. My experience was that our domestic cabin crew were uncultured, arrogant and full of nasty surprises for passengers. No one is defending the attitude of BA but with all due respect to patriotic villagers, Nigeria cannot manage an indigenous carrier, a feat achieved by the likes of Kenya and Ethiopia.

The problem is that all the 'other airlines' treat nigerians with the same level of disdain. fundamentally, it is something wrong with us and not the airlines!!!
ILN TOO – calling on all villagers to exercise some level of self introspection.

instead of copying just one persons opinion about the issue you should have atleast copied the reply he received!

seems as long as the leaders in nigeria are treating us badly we should just shut up and take whatever we get! so long as we don't have our own airline we should just keeping quiet wherever we get shoddy services nice! didnt know they pay so much for ass licking!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere". Today, it is Mr. Omotade, tomorrow it could be you.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Teriba(m): 4:37am On Apr 14, 2008
The truth is that those of us with inferior brains would nerver see anything wrong in what BA did. [b]Anyway, I just want to urge those that care to make sure that they sign the petition on NVS, as well as spread the news- should the need for world-wide boycott arise. [/b]We aren`t helping anyone by so doing, but merely fighting for our dignity as Nigerians. Until the message is sent out that when you disrespect one Nigeria, you disrespect all Nigerians the way we are treated world-wide shall remain the same.
It was a game of cricket, but that didn`t stop the people of Pakistan ( including their Prime-minister ) from rising up recently when they were called `cheats`by a British umpire.
The treatment meted out on that flight is a metaphor for what most Nigerians experience world-wide, but that is just too difficult for some people to understand.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Apr 14, 2008
Teriba:

The truth is that those of us with inferior brains would nerver see anything wrong in what BA did. [b]Anyway, I just want to urge those that care to make sure that they sign the petition on NVS, as well as spread the news- should the need for world-wide boycott arise. [/b]We aren`t helping anyone by so doing, but merely fighting for our dignity as Nigerians. Until the message is sent out that when you disrespect one Nigeria, you disrespect all Nigerians the way we are treated world-wide shall remain the same.
It was a game of cricket, but that didn`t stop the people of Pakistan ( including their Prime-minister ) from rising up recently when they were called `cheats`by a British umpire.
The treatment meted out on that flight is a metaphor for what most Nigerians experience world-wide, but that is just too difficult for some people to understand.

I am glad you identify yourself as one who has inferior brain cells but have you also considered that maybe you should start by dealing with problems with the airlines linked to your own country before you go around calling for outside airlines to hear you out ?? I happen to be a Nigerian living abroad and I believe Nigerians should deal with issues in their home lands first and foremost before going out to claim to be Nigerians outside of their homelands. This is just my 2 cents.

I like to stand up for causes that make sense but I believe this is one of those that will only make sense if Nigerians actually were able to fight and win their right within their own borders first and foremost. I hope you find people to sign your petition, but I have to say I will not cause I think,
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 5:42am On Apr 14, 2008
im still trying to understand why someone is talking about Nigerian airways in this?

if a Nigerian is beaten by American police, why should anyone say ' hey nnaija police beat people everyday so maybe you should deal with that first?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 5:47am On Apr 14, 2008
Dis Guy:

im still trying to understand why someone is talking about Nigerian airways in this?
if a Nigerian is beaten by American police, why should anyone say ' hey nnaija police beat people everyday so maybe you should deal with that first?

Here is the point I am trying to make here. If a Nigerian is beaten outside of nigeria, instead of RUSHING to make it about Nigeria, first deal with it as a case against another, say Illegal immigrant or a person but not a NIGERIAN issue. Cause when you jump to add the nationality tag or the RACE tag to it, you have to have some sort of SOLID proof of such before you go ahead with it, and at the same time. In this particular case, the law is against anyone interferring in the way that this dude did. He could have been arrested and had the books thrown at him big time. People now trying to make it a NIGERIA issue are not making it better. You could try to report it as a case of his rights being violated but when you bring up the HIS RIGHTS AS A NIGERIAN argument then you RUIN it cause the world knows Nigerians practically have no rights in their own COUNTRY and that actually is shameful.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 6:11am On Apr 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Here is the point I am trying to make here. If a Nigerian is beaten outside of nigeria, instead of RUSHING to make it about Nigeria, first deal with it as a case against another, say Illegal immigrant or a person but not a NIGERIAN issue. Cause when you jump to add the nationality tag or the RACE tag to it, you have to have some sort of SOLID proof of such before you go ahead with it, and at the same time. In this particular case, the law is against anyone interferring in the way that this dude did. He could have been arrested and had the books thrown at him big time. People now trying to make it a NIGERIA issue are not making it better. You could try to report it as a case of his rights being violated but when you bring up the HIS RIGHTS AS A NIGERIAN argument then you RUIN it cause the world knows Nigerians practically have no rights in their own COUNTRY and that actually is shameful.

I think the main reason why they didn't was because there was nothing there in the first place so no book throwing!
people making it a nigerian issue are probably doing so because it is getting a bit frequent isn't it, you might not have experienced it but many frequent travellers have and what about the others on the plane?

i still don't get this part
you RUIN it cause the world knows Nigerians practically have no rights in their own COUNTRY and that actually is shameful.

so because people have no rights in their country they have to be treated differently in other countries?
he(they) is a customer like everyone else they all have a right! Nigerian or not, its not like a judge will look
for cases related to nigerians? the laws of where ever they are should apply!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 6:16am On Apr 14, 2008
Dis Guy:

I think the main reason why they didn't was because there was nothing there in the first place so no book throwing!
people making it a nigerian issue are probably doing so because it is getting a bit frequent isn't it, you might not have experienced it but many frequent travellers have and what about the others on the plane?

i still don't get this part
so because people have no rights in their country they have to be treated differently in other countries?
he(they) is a customer like everyone else they all have a right! Nigerian or not, its not like a judge will look
for cases related to nigerians? the laws of where ever they are should apply!

Making it a NIGERIAN issue without substantial evidence for this is ridiculous. First it has been happening for over a year now. It has been happening across the board and so it is not a NIGERIAN issue at all. I mean if you look at the airline customer service records for the past 2 years in the united states alone, it is ridiculous but you do not see any group going out there to claim it is about RACISM, do you?? If a group however decides to claim that the problem is about RACE then they ridicule the whole situation and could risk a situation where others who actually are fighting for more rights for all customers are not able to achieve much cause of such ridiculous claims.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 6:32am On Apr 14, 2008
I don't equate a Nigerian issue to racism!!! this is pure customer service issue and perhaps cultural issue
customers are different I don't expect them to serve pork on a plane going to saudi arabia just because thats their law, i bet there'll be many people boycotting them or shouting as much as we seem to be doing!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 6:37am On Apr 14, 2008
Dis Guy:

I don't equate a Nigerian issue to racism!!! this is pure customer service issue and perhaps cultural issue
customers are different I don't expect them to serve pork on a plane going to saudi arabia just because thats their law, i bet there'll be many people boycotting them or shouting as much as we seem to be doing!!

What information do you have that supports this being cultural in nature?? That has been one of the major questions from the beginning up to this moment. Racism/cultural, what is the evidence for such in this case or any other case so far??
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 6:46am On Apr 14, 2008
and where is the evidence that over 130 people had to be booted off the plane for being noisy?

the fact that many Nigerians have been complaining about this is enough to call for a boycott!!

some people on here are saying 'oh I know how Nigerians behave', so?? does that mean we should accept being maltreated just because we are not as stiff as the British? or perhaps because we don't have our plane or better service mean we should put up with anything, heck they paid for the service like others do they should get the same treatment

BA/police will obvious say anything to justify their actions
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 6:51am On Apr 14, 2008
Dis Guy:

and what is the evidence that over 130 people had to be booted off the plane for being noisy?

the fact that many Nigerians have been complaining about this is enough to call for a boycott!!

some people on here are saying 'oh I know how Nigerians behave', so?? does that mean we should accept being maltreated just because we are not as stiff as the British? or perhaps because we don't have our plane or better service mean we should put up with anything, heck they paid for the service like others do they should get the same treatment

Look, You still have not provided evidence to show that this would not have happened if all those who were on board where, say americans. I can give you over and over cases of people carted off planes for such conduct here in the last couple of months. There have been tons of cases like this over the last 2 years. People thrown off planes for causing commotion and infact whole flights delayed for hours for such. So again, what is the evidence that this is a cultural/racial issue and not just one of the many customer service issues that the company has had to deal with like many other companies have?? Trying to make it a WE issue is what gets people irritated. CRY FOUL only when it is RIGHT and you have EVIDENCE to do so, not just doing so for the sake of it or cause you can.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 7:00am On Apr 14, 2008
how can yo uask me for evidence when im not even on the plane?

what sort of evidence exactly do you want?

why do people boycott business?
if all those people were Americans and they called fellow Americans or friends to boycott same thing!!
what exactly is wrong with Nigerians doing the same, the people on the flight were Nigerians, who should he tell
Japanese?

by the way I'm not saying they are deliberately targeting Nigerians, I'm saying they've got poor customer service especially naija-to uk route (because that's the one I know of/care about and can speak of!)
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 7:09am On Apr 14, 2008
Dis Guy:

how can yo uask me for evidence when im not even on the plane?

what sort of evidence exactly do you want?

why do people boycott business?
if all those people were Americans and they called fellow Americans or friends to boycott same thing!!
what exactly is wrong with Nigerians doing the same, the people on the flight were Nigerians, who should he tell
Japanese?

by the way I'm not saying they are deliberately targeting Nigerians, I'm saying they've got poor customer service especially naija-to uk route (because that's the one I know of/care about and can speak of!)

What proof do you have that all the people who were sent out of the Plane were all Nigerians?? Where all the people who were booted off the plane ONLY THE NIGERIANS on the plane or everyone else on the plane as well who contributed to the chaos of the situation?? THESE PEOPLE INTERFERED IN THE DUTIES OF THE AUTHORITIES,  I don't know if you have ever been on a plane yourself with a DEPORTEE ON BOARD,  YOU DO NOT INTERFERE or CAUSE COMMOTION AT ALL,  NO MATTER WHERE THE DEPORTEE IS BEING MOVED TO

http://www.africanloft.com/nigerians-booted-off-london-lagos-british-airways-flight/

Here are some important lines on this , 

A British Airways captain ordered 136 passengers off his plane in chaotic scenes after they all started complaining to cabin crew.

As the flight waited to take off at Heathrow the row was sparked by the restraint of a man being forcibly deported.

Many were distressed by his pitiful cries of “I go die” and one passenger, Ayodeji Omotade, 39, spoke up on his behalf.

The deportee was taken off the Lagos-bound jet by immigration staff and police.

But five officers returned and arrested Mr Omotade. This outraged the other 135 passengers in the economy class section and they complained to cabin crew.

Amid riotous scenes in the aisles, 20 police officers boarded to calm everything down.

Then the BA pilot took the extraordinary decision to boot off everyone who had witnessed the arrest of Mr Omotade, an IT consultant from Chatham, Kent.

The captain took the view they were all guilty of disturbing the flight, although no more passengers were arrested.

After the economy class section was virtually cleared, the deportee, aged about 30, was brought back on and the flight left.

Scotland Yard confirmed: "A man was arrested for affray and causing a disturbance and was bailed."

Ba said: "Police were called to the BA75 service to Lagos on March 27 after a large number of passengers became disruptive.

Many were removed.

"We take any threats against our crew or passengers very seriously and this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated."

Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2008
no i have never been on a plane with a deportee, i hope i never am!

by the restraint of a man being [size=14pt]forcibly[/size] deported.
Many were distressed by his pitiful cries of “I go die” and one passenger

that's enough to make anyone distressed and agitated!!!!!!!!! I'll even ask to come down from the plane!!!!

why don't they get a separate plane to deport people or ask their respective govt to come and pick them up anyway?

Amid riotous scenes in the aisles, 20 police officers boarded to calm everything down.

you see they did the right thing at first until the tipsy pilot boot everyone off!

Then the BA pilot took the extraordinary decision to boot off everyone who had witnessed the arrest of Mr Omotade, an IT consultant from Chatham, Kent.

so basically people are guilty for not telling the IT guy to shut up or for just being there?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2008
Dis Guy:

no i have never been on a plane with a deportee, i hope i never am!

that's enough to make anyone distressed and agitated!!!!!!!!! I'll even ask to come down from the plane!!!![/QUOTE]

how many people do you know who are WILLINGLY DEPORTED??

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/major-airline-refuses-to-help-with-forcible-removal-of-immigrants-394451.html

[QUOTE]
why don't they get a separate plane to deport people or ask their respective govt to come and pick them up anyway?
you see they did the right thing at first until the tipsy pilot boot everyone off!
Well, thousands of people get deported each year and they use regular flights to deal with such things. I mean we the tax payers are ok with the way it is being done now as it saves us money. I mean if Nigerians are willing to pay for private planes then sure, they would use em.  The Pilot has every right to usher people causing commotion on his plane off. I don't know if you have ever taken a bus before but it does happen even on buses and trains. If people are causing commotion, usually the best thing is to get them off, allow them to cool down and THEN get them back on when you have everything under control. It is routine.

so basically people are guilty for not telling the IT guy to shut up or for just being there?

No, people were guilty for interfering as well. Instead they could all have NOT added to the commotion and caused it to escalate to the extent that it did. The IT man was WRONG for trying to do the work of these police men in the first place. I think that could have easily been a felony and again, I have to stress that he got off EASY. Now the other people who raised their voices ended up adding to the commotion and that was equally wrong. If I had been on such a plane myself, I would have asked to be allowed to get off and waited for the next plane cause considering that sort of commotion, I would not have wanted to see what would have happened later on with the same group.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 7:55am On Apr 14, 2008
by the restraint of a man being forcibly deported.
Many were distressed by his pitiful cries of “I go die” and one passenger

isnt that distressing?? what do you do when you are on a plane with someone crying i go die? you laugh at him cause he's been deported or perhaps faking it or you actually say something?

Well, thousands of people get deported each year and they use regular flights to deal with such things. I mean we the tax payers are ok with the way it is being done now as it saves us money. I mean if Nigerians are willing to pay for private planes then sure, they would use em. The Pilot has every right to usher people causing commotion on his plane off. I don't know if you have ever taken a bus before but it does happen even on buses and trains. If people are causing commotion, usually the best thing is to get them off, allow them to cool down and THEN get them back on when you have everything under control. It is routine.

£11,000 per person is not exactly cost effective! they should get a plane fill it up with deportees only, if possible go en route dropping people on the same continent, not distressing fee-paying passengers on a regular flight!
I'm sure many of the people on that flight were tax payers too!!
after paying tax and ticket fares you just want them to shut up because their country cant provide anything better?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:05am On Apr 14, 2008
Dis Guy:

isnt that distressing?? what do you do when you are on a plane with someone crying i go die? you laugh at him cause he's been deported or perhaps faking it or you actually say something?

The man apparently does not want to be deported and I don't think it is far fetched to actually believe he may have been faking it. No one I know of have ever been willingly deported before. He may as well had been trying to cause a commotion and succeeded. Notice that the article did not say anything about the policemen trying to shove his head under the seat or anything. It simply says he was forcibly deported which is the same phrase that is used for people being deported and I did post another article that uses the same words. The article only points out that the man was crying but does not actually state that anything inhumane was being done to him by those responsible for him.

£11,000 per person is not exactly cost effective! they should get a plane fill it up with deportees only, if possible go en route dropping people on the same continent, not distressing fee-paying passengers on a regular flight!
I'm sure many of the people on that flight were tax payers too!!
after paying tax and ticket fares you just want them to shut up because their country can't provide anything better?

Just cause of this incident, they should get a plane? NO. This is not always the way it goes down. Usually, passengers know to stay away from police and allow them to do their job. This man interfered and got what came to him does not mean there is a problem with the system and so it needs to be changed.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by anonimi: 8:40am On Apr 14, 2008
BTW, there is no mention of the Nigerian High Commission in Britain.
I guess that if our government cannot be bothered about our welfare at home it is pointless expecting them to bother when we are being deported.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by anonimi: 8:47am On Apr 14, 2008
I am sure all those crying BOYCOTT, send email to BA CEO etc should consider what happens daily in Lagos and all over Nigeria.
Drivers and conductors are beaten, some even killed by our policemen for not paying bribes. Meanwhile, the passengers dare not intervene. How many of such situations have we witnessed or read about? What have we done?
Why can't we use the same energy we have displayed on this BA matter to write to Mike Okiro, the state CPs, DPOs and our political representatives to deal with such erring policemen Yet we expect oyinbo make im respect us even when they are aware sey we no get liver to confront our own civil servants who oppress us daily with impunity.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:49am On Apr 14, 2008
anonimi:

I am sure all those crying BOYCOTT, send email to BA CEO etc should consider what happens daily in Lagos and all over Nigeria.
Drivers and conductors are beaten, some even killed by our policemen for not paying bribes. Meanwhile, the passengers dare not intervene. How many of such situations have we witnessed or read about? What have we done?
Why can't we use the same energy we have displayed on this BA matter to write to Mike Okiro, the state CPs, DPOs and our political representatives to deal with such erring policemen Yet we expect oyinbo make im respect us even when they are aware sey we no get liver to confront our own civil servants who oppress us daily with impunity.

Abi ooo,
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2008
I mean we the tax payers are ok with the way it is being done now as it saves us money.

Please speak for yourself. I most likely pay more taxes than you and NO I am not ok that they find it ok to have PAYING CUSTOMERS deal with crying and non-disruptive deportees.

Rofl @ "he was interfering with place job", never knew making a comment was a "disruption" to carrying a criminal away. I've seen "criminals" being taken away before, sometimes you see people yelling stuff like "He didnt do it!" "Leave him alone" "You're hurting him!", yet I dare the NY police force to try to arrest such people for making their views heard even if they are wrong they still have the right to speak and even Omotade's situation is better because the deportee WAS DISTURBING THE PEACE of the aircraft and he decided to speak up for the rest of the passengers

he said the wailing went on for over 20 mins. Can you possibly imagine how annoying that must have been? I'm sure if the dude just made the noise once, nothing would have happen but he freaking went on and on, who wouldnt complain?

Gosh some of you are so gross. "Well we don't get treated well in Nigeria so let's just accept any kind of treatment in foreign countries." Disgusting. If it were up to a few of you, the dude that videotaped the Rodney King beating would d have been the one to go to jail for "interfering with police business" of beating someone half to death. Rubbish.

Point is they should get aircrafts specifically for these people and make us hear word. We pay our tickets thus we have the right to peace and quiet.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by EloSela(f): 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-Loaded ]

Sounds very NIGERIAN-ish to me.

and how ironic that excuses are mde in the name of "craft disturbances" by the police when they are the ones disturbing paying passengers with the screams of criminals
[/quote]

No it is called post 9/11 paranoia.

[quote author=D-reloaded:

Please speak for yourself. I most likely pay more taxes than you and NO I am not ok that they find it ok to have PAYING CUSTOMERS deal with crying and non-disruptive deportees.

Rofl @ "he was interfering with place job", never knew making a comment was a "disruption" to carrying a criminal away. I've seen "criminals" being taken away before, sometimes you see people yelling stuff like "He didnt do it!" "Leave him alone" "You're hurting him!", y[b]et I dare the NY police force to try to arrest such people for making their views heard [/b] even if they are wrong they still have the right to speak and even Omotade's situation is better because the deportee WAS DISTURBING THE PEACE of the aircraft and he decided to speak up for the rest of the passengers

he said the wailing went on for over 20 mins. Can you possibly imagine how annoying that must have been? I'm sure if the dude just made the noise once, nothing would have happen but he freaking went on and on, who wouldnt complain?

Gosh some of you are so gross. "Well we don't get treated well in Nigeria so let's just accept any kind of treatment in foreign countries." Disgusting. If it were up to a few of you, the dude that videotaped the Rodney King beating would d have been the one to go to jail for "interfering with police business" of beating someone half to death. Rubbish.

Point is they should get aircrafts specifically for these people and make us hear word. We pay our tickets thus we have the right to peace and quiet.

There you go talking out of you’re a$$ again.

So the police do not arrest people for interfering with Police duties in America?
http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20071024144939684

After the interdiction, Cox approached the officers again, asking for identification. The ACLU worker said both officers refused to give their identification numbers, counter to municipal policy. The female officer even covered her badge.

Another officer pulled up, and eventually one of the officers told Cox that he was being arrested for “interfering with a police investigation.”

Are you sure you are in America or are you just another glorified couch potato in Nigeria thinking you know about the world when really you don’t know didley squat!

As I have said, Mr. Omotade interfered with Police duties and got his just desserts for doing so. Granted, no one really likes to travel with a Deportee who is incessantly crying their eyes out about their predicament, but guess what? Shit happens! And it will continue to happen as long as the Government tries to save on a buck or two by not hiring a whole charter flight just to take one Deportee home!

http://cf.alpa.org/internet/tm/tm061198.htm
According to a recent article in the Wall Street Journal, the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) deported more than 23,000 illegal immigrants last year via commercial airline aircraft; other reports place this number even higher.

Deportees of every nationality are shipped back to their respective countries on commercial flights every day from various countries such as the US, Europe, Canada and China. It seems that it is only when Nigeria is concerned that people feel that they require special treatment because they have paid! Please! Are Nigerians the only ones who pay for their flights?

And yes, instead of Nigerians doing a song and dance out of this, in my view, they should really put more energy into trying to sort out the more serious issues of negligence that are killing innocent people in plane crashes every month or so in their own country.

Furthermore, if some Nigerians feel they should be treated with more respect on international flights then maybe they should start behaving like they deserve it. Just because one pays for something it does not entitle you to be abusive to your hostesses and to still expecting courteous behaviour in return!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2008
Not even gonna read the rest of your garbage but Im baffled by this

You know good and well that you were referring to ALL US cops and not just the one in NY,

Um then why didnt I just say "American cops" or the "cops of the US" in the original post? 

I know why I didnt write that. I live in NY, have been here for 17 years, I can mainly give personal examples from here, why would I mention the whole United States seeing that laws and law enforcers differ abit in various states?  Instead for YOU to admit YOUR error of mistaking the state of NY for USA, you are now yarning garbage and trying to make me claim something I never did.

Please go back to licking British ass and comot from my face. You're a pitiful person.

This is the same retard that was getting all high and mighty huffing about the fact she took a bunch of "horrible Nigerians" to a Japanese resturant as her way of showing them around London. Ode.  Then getting mad because apparently they didnt "appreciate" it. Cos you know the garbage you like must be liked by everyone else so they are "ungrateful animals that should go back to their country". Foolish hick. Even though I'm not even a fan of lubracrasi like that, Im glad he put you and your pathetic self into check

Bet you're one those tarts who go around claiming "British with Nigerian parentage" Disgraceful troll.

Dont even know why I'm arguing with you. Nothing the Brits or anyone in the West does is wrong in your eyes. I'm not even one of those "anti-West" fiends, but I have no problem stating what is wrong is WRONG despite living in the country. Slave minded lunatic. Get some respect and standards for yourself. Gosh  cry
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Rofl @ "he was interfering with place job", never knew making a comment was a "disruption" to carrying a criminal away. I've seen "criminals" being taken away before, sometimes you see people yelling stuff like "He didnt do it!" "Leave him alone" "You're hurting him!", yet I dare the NY police force to try to arrest such people for making their views heard even if they are wrong they still have the right to speak and even Omotade's situation is better because the deportee WAS DISTURBING THE PEACE of the aircraft and he decided to speak up for the rest of the passengers

I seriously doubt that claim of yours @D-Reloaded. By the way, did you know that the Top 1% of this country pays about 70% total of taxes each year So please if you feed you would want to pay for the planes which you propose as way to stop your people from learning to OBEY THE LAW, I SAY you go ahead and Pay the money then so that we do not have issues where you jump to cry NIGERIA FOUL like this. This practice has been going on for decades now but as soon as some Nigerians break the law and get arrested for it, you decide the best way is to BUY PRIVATE planes for transporting the deportees instead LMAO!!!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by IncaGold(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2008
Quote from Elosela
'I go die' and not 'I don die!'. Anyone who understands pidgin would know that the latter meant that the person in question was probably under undue physical pressure and pain from the people trying to deport them. Does Mr.Omotade mention anything about the state of the deportee? Was the person really dying? Was he being sat upon by several policeman? He doesn't and I am sure if that had been the case Mr.Omotade would have used that to strengthen his beef against BA and the Police

HOUSE ELOSELA HAS GOT A Ph.D IN PIDGIN ENGLISH!!!!! tongue
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I seriously doubt that claim of yours @D-Reloaded. By the way, did you know that the Top 1% of this country pays about 70% total of taxes each year So please if you feed you would want to pay for the planes which you propose as way to stop your people from learning to OBEY THE LAW, I SAY you go ahead and Pay the money then so that we do not have issues where you jump to cry NIGERIA FOUL like this. This practice has been going on for decades now but as soon as some Nigerians break the law and get arrested for it, you decide the best way is to BUY PRIVATE planes for transporting the deportees instead LMAO!!!!

If you werent blind, you'd see that I've said many times that my concern has nothing to do with the fact that said dude is Nigerian. Get over yourself. It's right there in my first post.

The only thing I talked about was the fact that deportees are STILL being placed in commercial airlines. I knew about such before but I long assumed that they stopped the practice and I think it's PATHETIC that nothing has been done about it.

It's like carrying criminals on a commercial bus on the way to prision. Seeing that alot of commercial buses' routes actually go by certain prisons, would it make sense to have a police officer in the back with an arrested criminal hoping to hop off once they get near that destination, all in the name of "saving money". Give me a bloody break. If they wouldnt do that for the safety of passengers on buses why the hell should they do it on commercial planes?

Dont know how anyone can defend such madness. Having people cry in your ears for 8 hrs and actual;ly be fine with it because you know the great oyibo people are trying to save us money. Nonsense. Why don't they put such people in first class sef and lets see if the "first classersd" wouldnt complain seeing that they are paying EVEN more than "regular" passengers.
No regards for people. Ugh
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

If you werent blind, you'd see that I've said many times that my concern has nothing to do with the fact that said dude is Nigerian. Get over yourself. It's right there in my first post.

The only thing I talked about was the fact that deportees are STILL being placed in commercial airlines. I knew about such before but I long assumed that they stopped the practice and I think it's PATHETIC that nothing has been done about it.

It's like carrying criminals on a commercial bus on the way to prision. Seeing that alot of commercial buses' routes actually go by certain prisons, would it make sense to have a police officer in the back with an arrested criminal hoping to hop off once they get near that destination, all in the name of "saving money". Give me a bloody break. If they wouldnt do that for the safety of passengers on buses why the hell should they do it on commercial planes?

Dont know how anyone can defend such madness. Having people cry in your ears for 8 hrs and actual;ly be fine with it because you know the great oyibo people are trying to save us money. Nonsense. Why don't they put such people in first class sef

Look,  let me repeat myself. This has been the way it has been handled for DECADES,  if you do not like it, please BUY THEM A PRIVATE PLANE with YOUR OWN PRIVATE MONEY and then come back to TALK. If you are suddenly trying to make an issue where there really does not exist one at least be willing to fuel it with your money and if you can not, do not move to BURDEN people who apparently have had no problem with it for decades so far as they have come to accept it as it is. Sheeesh!!!

Just cause you are one  of the tax payers does not mean we all want to be burdened whenever you have issues. Bring up the money or learn to accept the way it is done.  On the other hand, if you are a RACIST with your GREAT OYIBO people comment there,  that , my friend has to do with your person and not everyone else and so that does not change Facts on ground. I pay taxes, I like it the way it is. I have travelled on planes carrying deportees and even some criminals to their destination. Criminals are carried on buses, on trains, even along the same highway you and I have plowed for years now. All of a sudden a loud Nigerian is reason for you to believe that all of them are rowdy and loud?? LMAO!!! They are not all loud. Infact, this is the first loud case I have heard of so far and the man was removed and I am sure he did not travel making noise all the way. Glad that you can easily assume that without actually doing some research to be sure of what ended up happening though.  Never had a problem with them and I am certainly not going to sit and watch while someone else who has a problem tries to demand that I be forced to pay for their issues.  BUY THEM A PLANE OR SHUT UP,  Simple!!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

This is hilarious. . . . But where would u want deportees to be? In a bloody canoe?
These people are human beings and they have the right to fly on a commercial airplane just like u and i.
The Nigerian deportee was just making a scene. . . . They use that method to buy sympathy from the public and they r sometimes taken back to their deportation centres if the trouble gets uncontrollable.

Furthermore, The Nigerian geezer that was bounced out for complaining musta gone over the top.
A pilot can only take little pressure. . . . . Flying over 600 passengers from UK to Nigeria is stress on its own.
I have heard cases of pilots turning the plane somwhere else when the cabin crew found some Hot twits shagging in a plane.
Tell me, how does that disturb the peace of the passengers. . . . .but, they still got done for their misdemeanour.
If that is considered to be a  huge offence then tell me one reason why Mr Omotunde shouldn't be bounced for causing ruckus!!!

@Kobojunkie,

Mr CAPITAL PUNISHMENT . . . .
I still havent put u to the sword properly . . . .
In all honesty, i feel you are just a sadist fot championing death penalty for anyone.
How do u justify the killing of a man by killing another one?
Lets face it. . . . U dont have a clue, do ya?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Rofl amazing how Seun made a lunatic like yourself a moderator. hahaa like mind sha grin

How about "don't liek segregation, get out of this country!", Does that work for you too?

So because you are fine with it, people shouldnt voice their opinions? Who the hell are you? Dude werent you the one who claimed not have a job from 2002 to 2007? Well I WAS working then and I was paying taxes thus more than you, and still doing so, so sorry but in THIS country which I'm also a citizen of, I can voice my opinion

Freedom Of Speech. Ever heard of that? Have a problem? You can always go cry yourself to death in a corner. Loser. There's a difference between being a racist and being disgusted by those who would do anything too appease others. I put "great oyibos" in quotation marks for a reason. Short bus riding retarxd

Lol your "caoplocking" makes me shiver in my boots Btw. Loser cheesy

Well, here is the problem I have with your opinion. First you tried to make the issue what it is not, simply by you reacting emotionally to the issue. I believe so many posters already provided you with adequeate logic to help you understand that idea would not fly.
You complain about things not being right according to YOU in NY where you live and I ask you to move to free your mind. I myself have moved around a lot myself. I moved from Delaware to NY to Alabama to Georgia and so many places until I ended up here. My move has been for me to find a place where I can best fit in and thrive and I suggest you consider that instead of sitting down in the same place and blaming government and everyone else for your misery. There is so much world out there that there is no excuse for you to remain living a miserable existence in anyplace at all. If your state is not thriving, move out to the other states where the economy there happens to be booming even NOW.

Now you want to attack the way deportees are being moved by demanding that more tax payers money be used to buy planes and I am saying why demand that we pay more for something that apparently not all of us have issues with?? Why don't you who have a problem with it be the one to truck over all the money to see your dream come true?? I do not want to burdened with someone else's issues and I am sure that the very fact that millions watch and do not complain about the situation are not burdened either so why do you want us to pay for it when we are not for it??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Speeding Driver Kills Nasarawa University Student (Photo) / If You Were To Get Second Africa Citizenship, Which Country Will It Be? / PTI Students Involved In Tragic Accident After NANS Convention In Gombe. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.