Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133010 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by BestmanNnamdi(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
cnnamoko: when i say developed states, i mean states that have good roads, good malls, best infrastructures and wider coverage outside their capital cities
says who dat Anambra state is the second developing state?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by anulaxad(m): 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
THE PROBLEM WITH THIS THREAD IS THAT NO PART OF NIGERIA IS DEVELOPED.

NOT EVEN THE CAPITAL.

SO CONTINUE DECEIVING YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by dovemart(m): 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
Anambra State? God forbid. I wanna even change my citizenship as an anambrarian.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by mydex93(f): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=dont8]Your list is thrash not complete without Cross River state and not forgetting Ondo State.[/quote If i hear ondo state...infact its an underdeveloped state
]
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ba7man(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
Even though Lagos aint up to scratch compared to a lot of cities around the world and some in Africa, in Nigeria it comes second, right after Abuja. Others can be classified as cities only by population.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abagworo(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
People confuse beauty with development. I'll like someone to state what my State of Imo lacks. IMHO what Imo lacks is world class health care system, integrated water scheme, sewage system and steady power supply . But which Nigerian State has these?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by chino11(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=liberty300]My list:
1. Lagos
2. Anambra
3. Enugu
4. Rivers
5. Akwa ibom
6. Kano
....and the rest [/quote

On point
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by chino11(m): 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Can I candidly advice you to consult the dictionary and check for the definition of urbanisation? A place cannot be urbanised if it has not got a comparative advantage to other places, hence the reason an urbanised area is developed. It becomes subjective what you call development. Your example of country side being developed is a misnomer else they would not be called countryside aka glorified name for rural area. Going by your example again, money will exchange hands only if the sophistication in trade and commerce of that place is more developed compared to the other places, again this does not fit in the definition of development according to the United Nations habitat...http://www.un-documents.net/ocf-02.htm

Am buying you two bottles of Hero drinks tonite for the clarification
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by JoelFelix(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
as you people are talking about, you forgot to put taraba amoung because even them too, they are developed in terms of food.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abagworo(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
In terms of basic infrastructure such as World class health care system, integrated water scheme, sewage system and steady power supply .Which Nigerian State has these? None.

Some Nigerian States are blessed with good roads and natural cleanliness such as my State Imo but road is not the only basic infrastructure. Imo is also one of the most livable States in Nigeria outside FCT. Owerri is currently the fastest growing city in the Southeast in terms of increase in population and urban landmass. Imo is also the most educated State in Nigeria. The major industry is agriculture and tourism and that is why it has one of the highest GDP in the country.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by pearlesther: 1:25am On Apr 23, 2013
asha 80: what about edo,ogun?
and why did ur list exclude abuja?just asked though
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by chino11(m): 6:20am On Apr 23, 2013
ifechez:

onitsha main market is far bigger, global and more patronised than all the big malls in northern nigeria put together.

The same mall shoprite is building in a lagrer scale in Anambra cities coupled with highrise 5star hotel
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by chino11(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2013
Zona.com:

cant believe abagworo typed the above. I bet even chino would give you a kiss when he reads this ur post

Cant believe that abagworo I know can ever stand on the path truth and unbiasness. Let's enjoy while it last
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Biafradiplomat: 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
Abagworo: In terms of basic infrastructure such as World class health care system, integrated water scheme, sewage system and steady power supply .Which Nigerian State has these? None.

Some Nigerian States are blessed with good roads and natural cleanliness such as my State Imo but road is not the only basic infrastructure. Imo is also one of the most livable States in Nigeria outside FCT. Owerri is currently the fastest growing city in the Southeast in terms of increase in population and urban landmass. Imo is also the most educated State in Nigeria. The major industry is agriculture and tourism and that is why it has one of the highest GDP in the country.
Yep brother, you certainly on point. If Imo state is to be a country, its literacy rate would be at par with advanced countries like Japan, USA etc. This year's JAMB statistics attested to it, Imo as usual came tops at 126,319 candidates followed at a distance by Delta 95,161 and Anambra at 87,607. GDP wise Imo is not doing badly, it came 5th in Nigeria. Both GDP and literacy rate are the basic asessors used in gauging development!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by anulaxad(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2013
Abagworo: People confuse beauty with development. I'll like someone to state what my State of Imo lacks. IMHO what Imo lacks is world class health care system, integrated water scheme, sewage system and steady power supply . But which Nigerian State has these?

Thats exactly what development is.
Development if you do not know means to improve.MEANING BETTER LOOKING AND SAFER ROADS,BETTER LOOKING AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS(SCHOOLS) FOR STUDENTS.E.G

YOU GET MY POINT.
AND AS I WILL SAY AGAIN THERE IS NOT A SINGLE PART OF NIGERIA THAT IS DEVELOPED.
FACT:THERE IS NOT A SINGLE GOOD ROAD IN NIGERIA.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by franchizy(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2013
musiwa24: 1. River state Is the most developed in Nigeria because it has Nigeria govt largest investment worth billion in oil.
2. Lagos
3 Akwa Ibom invisible 70 oil platform
4 Kaduna host the military
5 Kano host textile
6 Bayelsa i was shock to see alot of develop
7 Anambra
8 Enugu
9 delta

I disagree wit ur views for not including Abia state the Gods own state. U need to visit Abia state especially Aba the commercial hub of Nigeria to see the good roads, recreational centres, Health care centres, steady Electricity, all provided by our God sent Gov T. A Orji.
Abia has almost 200 oil wells and contibutes at least 30% of the countrys GDP.
I therefore demand dat Abia state be included in d list
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
franchizy:

I disagree wit ur views for not including Abia state the Gods own state. U need to visit Abia state especially Aba the commercial hub of Nigeria to see the good roads, recreational centres, Health care centres, steady Electricity, all provided by our God sent Gov T. A Orji.
Abia has almost 200 oil wells and contibutes at least 30% of the countrys GDP.
I therefore demand dat Abia state be included in d list
I agree wt u, althogh abia state has set back recently, bt I tink d rehabilitation of aba roads is something
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by premlove(m): 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
Vision2017: Delta shouldn't make the list. Truth be told, there are only 2 major cities in Delta and these are Asaba the state capital and Warri. Other glorified towns cum cities are only but a mere shadow of what a city should be. Delta is mostly beclouded by thick bushes and forest virtually everywhere. Nothing is happening in Delta and I can't help but wonder why Delta made your list of the most developed state in Nigeria. Delta remains a dungeon where wild animals thrives
have u been to delta state. I dont think so becos if u have been there u woun't be running ur lousy mouth any how
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by enny5: 2:38am On Jul 08, 2013
Please what do you think development is? None of those states on that list is a developed state. Becoz they lack basic infrastructure, they have low quality of life and bad sanitary policies. So please what are ur indicators for development? Many houses? SMH!!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by enny5: 2:41am On Jul 08, 2013
anulaxad:

Thats exactly what development is.
Development if you do not know means to improve.MEANING BETTER LOOKING AND SAFER ROADS,BETTER LOOKING AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS(SCHOOLS) FOR STUDENTS.E.G

YOU GET MY POINT.
AND AS I WILL SAY AGAIN THERE IS NOT A SINGLE PART OF NIGERIA THAT IS DEVELOPED.
FACT:THERE IS NOT A SINGLE GOOD ROAD IN NIGERIA.

Exactly!! development is a measure of a general increase in quality of life of the people. from the basic infrastructures down to their waste management policies. dey think wen dey say america is developed they refer to the big houses!!! SMH.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by enny5: 2:45am On Jul 08, 2013
[size=8pt][size=8pt]YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP ARGUING!! THER IS NO DEVELOPED STATE IN NIGERIA. BECOZ DEVELOPMENT IS A MEASURE OF THE GENERAL INCREASE IN THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF THE PEOPLE FROM THEIR BASIC INFRASTRUCTURES TO THEIR WASTE MANAGEMENT POLICIES.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by indigold2010(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
Delta deserves to be on that list, even higher. There is only 1 steel company in Nigeria and it's in delta. 2.there is only one glass company in Nigeria and it's in delta. 3.there is only one petroleum training institute in West Africa and it's in delta.4,one of Nigeria refinery is located in delta as well. Two of the few power generating company of the PHCN are in delta. There are others that I haven't written. And u calling delta names, u must be literate cos u can write but u very uneducated and very unravelled. So keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Jojorisy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
that right dont8 is impossible list without cross river
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by DotaOfAKnig(f): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
Hope d numbering is just formalities? Else Akwa Ibom is meant to top dat list
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by softheart4love(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2016
The following table presents a listing of Nigeria's 36 states ranked in order of their total GDP (PPP) in 2007.[1]

Rank State PPP GDP
(in millions
of USD)
1 Lagos State US$91,000[2]
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334
11 Cross River State US$9,292
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Jojorisy(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2016
Even though in ur dream that u are told to list most developed state in Nigeria, so u would'v except cross river state? Child of God u dont know anything... Visit this city/town in cross River state; Ogoja city
Obudu
Ikom city
Ugep town &
City Calabar etc.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Wizaugpet(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
musiwa24:
1. River state Is the most developed in Nigeria because it has Nigeria govt largest investment worth billion in oil.
2. Lagos
3 Akwa Ibom invisible 70 oil platform
4 Kaduna host the military
5 Kano host textile
6 Bayelsa i was shock to see alot of develop
7 Anambra
8 Enugu
9 delta

Bro, u shouuld try just for once and understand the Post...
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by OVB123: 10:38pm On May 16, 2023
Chillypelly:
It is laughable when people include enugu on the list. Outside cosmetic touches in enugu and nsukka the okpa spirit lives on. Akwa Ibom should be included but not before Lagos, Anambra, Rivers, Ogun, Edo, Delta and kano. Development is not about the flyovers and roads but the commercial transactions, road interconnectivity, literate population and standard of living as the measuring index. You may include provision of basic facilities in rural areas by govt and individuals as a yastic. Imo has a huge urban and semi urban population rested on the one city drive by the govt. Litracy level in Imo is mind bugging ( about 83%) highest in west and central africa according to UNESCO. With the insane development of cities in Imo state ( about 11 of them) its sure the are ready for the top. Cross River is just one big joke. Outside Calabar the state capital, lions and reptiles rule the the state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.