Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,955 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:21 AM

Boko Haram Leader Endorses Amnesty Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Leader Endorses Amnesty Committee (532 Views)

Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram / Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Endorses Amnesty Committee by Camilia247: 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
THE factional leader of the Boko Haram, Mallam Mohammed Marwan, has said that he ordered the recent release of kidnapped French nationals in order to prepare grounds for dialogue with the  Federal Government.

Marwan, in an interview with the Hausa Service of the Voice of America (VOA), said he also issued a directive that security agents should not be attacked unless such operatives unjustly attack Muslims.

He explained that the decision to release the nationals was reached when he and 11 other sect members met on the issue.

“I gave the directive that they should be released yesterday, at about 2pm. I gave the directive as a result of some discussions we had among us. The discussions revolved around what the government came up with after their meeting with Northern elders.

“That was why I ordered that they should be released and allowed to go without being handed over to anybody. I said a vehicle should be brought so that they could go back to where they came from. It was as a result of many calls and preparations ahead. That was why I gave that order after our joint meeting.”

Commenting on the amnesty committee, Marwan said: “We thank Allah. We should all sit. They should stop what they are doing and we too should stop what we are doing. I also directed that no security official would be touched unless he touches the Muslim community or us.

“I have given the directive. We will see how they would go about it, unless another confusion comes up again.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=119542:boko-haram-factional-leader-endorses-amnesty-committee&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

(1) (Reply)

Easy Ways To Boost Nigeria's Electricity Generation / Fashola: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please / Hope Rise In Nigeria's Battle To Beat Power Deficit - Financial Times Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.