Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind (19694 Views)

He Proposed To His Girlfriend In The Swimming Pool Of A Lagos Hotel (photos) / My Girlfriend Sends Nude Pics To Her Male Lovers ??? / My Best Nigeria Love Song Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Unluvable(f): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
FXKing2012:
Why the anger?

Because he's among the dxy populace offended by a dxx specie for not wanting to deal with an xy whose wallet is empty grin
Hope I got the damn analysis grin

2 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
Unluvable*:

Because he's among the dxy populace offended by a dxx specie for not wanting to deal with an xy whose wallet is empty grin
Hope I got the damn analysis grin

U sure are smart
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
(Post #7)

Pastor Paul's case study for leveling the female innate power differential desire:

A friend invited me to the Rock cathedral for Paul's wife's (Ify) 40th birthday clebration
I sat in, enjoying the rich taste of architecture and AC cooling my thought processor
Pastor Paul reeled out praises on his wife and told the story of how he courted his conspicous looking wife
(Hope I got the story correctly)

Paul is from a prominent home
His dad was a Chief judge or something like that
Paul had his challenges and was kicked back to Nigeria from the UK.

A girl he was toasting dumped him
With Pauls eye's for good stuff, I wont be surprised if the chick was also the beautiful daughter of a big shot
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
.......Pastor paul continued

In his dejected state, and out of work etc, he ran into Ify who was still in university
and began a courtship with her that led to marriage.

He talks about how many times, there would be no food at home, and they would use kerosene stove to cook etc
He was very appreciative of his beautiful wife for sticking by him and asked his congregation to believe in dreams

His congregation bursted out in Hallelujah's
I could see the nod of 'shei I tell u' from the guys
while u cld see the gals trying hard to swallow this great call to faith

Me, I sat back relaxed and unemotional, and started dissecting and making sense of the story I just heard

.... I'll use my model in the case study analysis next
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by chronique(m): 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826: To avoid angry and unproductive outbursts
let us quickly move to finding solutions to the malady afflicting our societal marital/mating structure
and clear the backlog of unattached females in our society

The preceeding narratives should be useful to both guys and gals

I'll be using Pastor Paul Adefarasin as a case study and weighing his relationship against my model developed in Post #3

@ all: kindly bring out your pen and jotter and write something down. We have a lot to cover cos the syllabus is quite wide and our lecturer won't be going back. If you're just joining us,refer to previous lecture notes and presentations by lecturer and participating students. This promises to be a quite interactive class. If you have questions,pls ask. If you fall into the "dxy" group,pls keep your anger in check before the "dxx" group starts feasting on you.

Go on mr lecturer grin

4 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
^^^^^
ROTFL
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by plaetton: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
eagle,eye:

Like someone already said, there are exceptions to the rule. "Love" is not the norm in Nigerian relationships, it's an exception.

"I love you" from a girl could mean different things.
@ishilove

love is too wishy washy to be considered in this type of analysis.Like the guy said, in Nigeria, love means a lot of things. It is a very unreliable metric in the analysis of social contracts in our society.

Afterall,the people in broken marriages once professed undying love for each other before the reality of unrealized expectations hit them.

2 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ishilove: 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
IamAthens: You are a foooooooooolllll. Its eida u do ashawo or wait 4 dangote et al pikin 2 kip u as a mistres. No go wrk 4 ur moni dey dia dy wait 4 man.
And you are the bigger fool. Shuuuuuuu... Is it my fault that poverty dey wound you? You dey craze o. Stay there and keep on swallowing the spirit of the poverty of your father's house.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Analysing Paul's relationship

I suspect that Paul's first toastee was his equal in terms of class, age bracket and positioning
I also suspect that she was at that point in his life better financially positioned than him

The tendency would then be for her to look UP for love, and manage SIDEWAYS relationships
Paul must have at that time fluctuated between SIDEWAYS and DOWN on her power scale
thereby making him unattractive to her
especially if she was ready for marriage; and/or had other 'potential' suitors; and/or had family pressures etc
On Pauls own power scale, the first toastee must have fluctuated in his SIDEWAYS and UP range
(the man too like better thing)

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
In Came Ify

Ify is 10 years younger than Paul -she was looking UP, UP to him in the Age range category of her power scale
Although he was out of work, she was a University Student still under the care of her comfortable parents
She was not under pressure to marry while stiil in uni -Putting Paul SIDEWAYS in finance
Pauls' big familly name must have also tickled her, pushing him UP in her power scale

Paul get sweet mouth and is extremely intelligent (afterall na him build the Rock Cathedral) -Pushing him UP in her intellectual power scale
Paul is widely travelled -UP in her adventurism power scale

For Paul, Ify's beauty would have put her in his UP power scale
Her pedigree (dad is a prof, mum German) would put her in his SIDEWAY power scale
Paul's mum and Ify's mum are both none nigerians -Gives them something to talk about and share)
Many other conditions would have been in the SIDEWAY to DOWN power scale from Paul's perspective
plus offcourse she could manage him. Afterall she was not in a hurry to go anywhere at that point in her life

With such perfect conditions
GBAM ....LOVE was in the air

7 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by blaise26abj(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
@ Op; while i admire the simplicity of your analysis, i believe the dynamics of mate selection is much more complex and should not be limited to finances.

2 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by plaetton: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826: ^^^

Nna
me and you apparently have this in common:
We no dey use woman matter play

Chei!! see scientific analysis

My own summary is simply that 90% of available women are chasing after 10% of the eligible men, men whom they think or see as being high up in the social strata.

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by AjanleKoko: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Assumption: For long term mating, you want to start nailing a particular 'class' of girls outside ur present laegue

Steps include, but not limited to:
Like everything else in life, it first requires planning and an acceptance of some false start
Examine the kind of men they seem to like
What is the gap between the guys and u?
What can be changed, that you want to be changed to breach that gap
for example type of education, type of company those guys hangout with etc

Identify your target
place her on the the scale i have prepared
What do u have that is greater than what she has, and she aspires for
accentuate such value
*isolate her if need be. This reduces natural tendency to compare you with others
Get into her mind and then redefine and shape her values to fit into urs

She's all yours when you are through with this

*isolation should not be taken literarily in this text

Interesting premises sha.

The kind of chicks I dated in uni were what I considered to be easier marks for. Not much drama, averagely okay, and met my criteria for form above substance. A few 'hidden gems', i.e. chicks that were not bad looking, but didn't roll with the 'it' crowd. Those ones did not give me much hassle, as I had an above average rep, not doing badly in school, and I didn't have to be a club boy or anything to roll with.

When I started life after school, the entire picture changed. I decided to 'step up' to the chicks that prolly would not have fit into my dating criteria in school, or would have not gone out with me out of social pressure. That presented a different type of challenge, but a richer and more rewarding dating pool.

In fact, I even spent time and resources chasing a niece of one of the richest SW tycoons in Nigeria. Of course it didn't fly, but I ended up getting closely connected to that family nonetheless. And what eventually clicked into marriage for me was Grade A stuff grin
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by AjanleKoko: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Assumption: For long term mating, you want to start nailing a particular 'class' of girls outside ur present laegue

Steps include, but not limited to:
Like everything else in life, it first requires planning and an acceptance of some false start
Examine the kind of men they seem to like
What is the gap between the guys and u?
What can be changed, that you want to be changed to breach that gap
for example type of education, type of company those guys hangout with etc

Identify your target
place her on the the scale i have prepared
What do u have that is greater than what she has, and she aspires for
accentuate such value
*isolate her if need be. This reduces natural tendency to compare you with others
Get into her mind and then redefine and shape her values to fit into urs

She's all yours when you are through with this

*isolation should not be taken literarily in this text

The kind of chicks I dated in uni were what I considered to be easier marks for me. Not much drama, averagely okay, and met my criteria for form above substance. A few 'hidden gems', i.e. chicks that were fine and from an above average background, but didn't roll with the 'it' crowd. Those ones did not give me much hassle, as I had an above average rep, not doing badly in school, and I didn't have to be a club boy or anything to roll with them. More importantly, I no get money to burn, or other efizis grin

When I started life after school, the entire picture changed. I decided to 'step up' to the chicks that prolly would not have fit into my dating criteria in school, or would have not gone out with me out of social pressure. That presented a different type of challenge, but a richer and more rewarding dating pool.

In fact, I even spent time and resources chasing a daughter of one of the richest and most recognized names in SW Nigeria. Of course it didn't fly eventually, but I got so close that I ended up getting closely connected to that family nonetheless. And what eventually clicked into marriage for me was Grade A stuff grin

3 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
(Post # 8 )

Case Study Conclusions and Lessons Learned

1) When a girl is in her younger years in Uni, it might make sense to date corper level guys

-At this stage, she is still receiving support from dad and mum. Corper can share some of his allowee. By the time she is getting out of school, there is a greater probability that the guy is financially and mentally ready for marriage.

-Ladies, you will still be insulted by guys in uni for dating upwards. But no worry na so life be

2) Girls and guys, ensure you bring something to the power matrix table that will make you attractive thereby leading to that love spark. You cannot eat from what you have not sown

-How can a wowo, dull girl from a poor home realistically think that she can marry a handsome intelligent guy from a rich home and vice versa.

-Such things are only possible with God. And like someone once said, miracles are an exception, not the rule.

So approach your mating desires with pragmatism and a lot of calculation; and stop falling love sick

4 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ishilove: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

you forgot to add

.....And cofee maker
grin
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
AjanleKoko:

The kind of chicks I dated in uni were what I considered to be easier marks for me. Not much drama, averagely okay, and met my criteria for form above substance. A few 'hidden gems', i.e. chicks that were fine and from an above average background, but didn't roll with the 'it' crowd. Those ones did not give me much hassle, as I had an above average rep, not doing badly in school, and I didn't have to be a club boy or anything to roll with them. More importantly, I no get money to burn, or other efizis grin

In fact, I even spent time and resources chasing a daughter of one of the richest and most recognized names in SW Nigeria. Of course it didn't fly eventually, but I got so close that I ended up getting closely connected to that family nonetheless. And what eventually clicked into marriage for me was Grade A stuff grin

wink you apparently know how we roll
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ishilove: 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
brokoto: chilo.
Eric
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ajanlekoko made a fine point that reads just like me

I understand the dynamics of dating, but prefer stretching Upwards and Sideways
This would invariably mean that some chicks like their male counterparts would label me a gold digger
I dont player hate chicks when they diss me

I instead learn my lessons, improve my power value, dust my khaki and get ready for the next moutain climbing grin

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by phaya(f): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
@Op your post is so intelligent that MOST people are afraid to comment! Keep it up!!! Thank your stars you are already taken or else.... :-/
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by AjanleKoko: 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826: Ajanlekoko made a fine point that spells like me

I understand the dynamics of dating, but prefer stretching Upwards and sideways
This would invariably mean that some chicks like their male counterparts would label me a gold digger
I dont player hate chicks when they diss me

I instead learn my lessons, improve my value, dust my khaki and get ready for the next moutain climbing grin

Hehehehe.
A dude (player or seeker) must always take time to study chicks, in order to place them in which category they belong. Which will inform your strategy for 'closing'.
Unfortunately, most people can't just see beyond makeup, wig, and skinny jeans, bum bum, face, and frontal grin
Ironically, womenswear parade by far the greater percentage of fake merchandise cheesy What with the legendary koste, and Buttini (Obesere's words, not mine cheesy)

I'll give an example. Saw one Britico chic on the tube in London last week.
Pretty gal, Hermes bag, Follie Follie watch, Loubotin shoes. Obviously class, one way or another.
The irony was, if I had not dated 'upwards' at some point, there was no way I could recognize any of those accessories as original or fake, or even identify which social class the chick belonged. I'd have just gone with face, tits, and ass like any other fella tongue

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
So Dxy guys, if u really dig Dxx girls
and u feel that they are snubbing you because of your social status

What the hell
plan and take the plunge
You can only learn when you fall
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by FXKing2012(m): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
phaya: @Op your post is so intelligent that MOST people are afraid to comment! Keep it up!!! Thank your stars you are already taken or else.... :-/
Or else what?
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
blaise26.abj:
@ Op; while i admire the simplicity of your analysis, i believe the dynamics of mate selection is much more complex and should not be limited to finances.

I dont think I insinuated that
What I have continuosly pointed out is a 'power scale' that trigers 'reciprocal love'
Finance is only one member of this power scale

I once did a soul search (reflection) on love
by asking myself what are the characteristics of girls that I had so far "fallen crazy in love' with
I was amazed to find out that there was a pattern to this 'madness'

The next challenge was getting my 'type of girls' to 'love' me back

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
phaya: @Op your post is so intelligent that MOST people are afraid to comment! Keep it up!!! Thank your stars you are already taken or else.... :-/

thanks dear
thank ur stars ur an e-personality or else ...........
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
*dashes to grab a seat* this topic is so on point!
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by FXKing2012(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
platinumricky: *dashes to grab a seat* this topic is so on point!
My friend start from the first page jare, dont you know you must start from 100level before joining those of us already in 300level.

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Your suggestion actually waltz me towards the subject I initially intended to pursue. i.e the dwindling pool of male lovers:

My observation/hypothesis shows that the 24 to 29 age demography of women (lets call this Dxx)
have a short supply of 'right' men in that same 24 to 29 age demography (Lets call this Dxy)

In Nigeria, The 'right' men can be found more in the 32 to 42 years demography (Dyy)
Unfortunately, Dyy men that are single are few

Consequences:
1) As the Dxx ladies gradually approach the nothern age boundaries of their demography they unconciously or conciously start 'lowering' their standards for mates
2) With Dyy type males in 'short' supply, and a strong need to satisfy the aspirational instincts to mate with Dyy type men, Dxx ladies tend to throw themselves at the few single Dyy men. In the absense of this, they 'tend' to cheat with Dyy men that are married

Bro, your analysis is perfect. You must be an engineer or someone within physical sciences.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Nigerian girls like all other girls around the world fall in love
The idea behind my writeup, is that love is largely quantifiable and can therefore be valued
Within the brutish nature of the Nigerian society, it is only natural that love shares the same denomination as money
you are a pro. I must commend you. Your analytical skill is excellent.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by nitrogen(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826: To avoid angry and unproductive outbursts
let us quickly move to finding solutions to the malady afflicting our societal marital/mating structure
and clear the backlog of unattached females in our society

The preceeding narratives should be useful to both guys and gals

I'll be using Pastor Paul Adefarasin as a case study and weighing his relationship against my model developed in Post #3

cheesy grin grin
Man! You are too good, imagine!
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by tpia5: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
Topic

The govt has to get involved at some point, at both the local and national level.

Bring in husbands for the women.

I think they (govt) know what to do. undecided

Dont just leave these things to babalawos and crime lords only undecided
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by AjanleKoko: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:
Topic

The govt has to get involved at some point, at both the local and national level.

Bring in husbands for the women.

I think they (govt) know what to do. undecided

Dont just leave these things to babalawos and crime lords only undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Welcome Baby Girl (photos) / Meet Sandra Areh Chinelo, Apostle Joshua Selman Wife To Be / Ridiculous Misconception And Assumptions About Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.