Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,282 members, 7,780,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:27 PM

The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind (19673 Views)

He Proposed To His Girlfriend In The Swimming Pool Of A Lagos Hotel (photos) / My Girlfriend Sends Nude Pics To Her Male Lovers ??? / My Best Nigeria Love Song Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by 2sexyus: 11:00am On Apr 25, 2013
So true... That is why I love the Chinese Government. In China, no facebook, only specific program are allowed to be aired on TV( mostly educative ones)and here in Nigeria, it the direct opposite.

MTN, Glo and all other big brands are also making it worse with their washed talent hunt shows...

Just a while ago, I was telling myself I need to do some more reading and explore more.

Truth be told, I have deviated from who I used to be, a little, but when I see post like what the OP has done here, I am more compelled to go back to the drawing board and re-orientate my mind on the right focal length.

God bless US!
mekula:

We are just being lazy and the corporate media is not doing anything to help the youth. Heck, the youth have access to blackberry and internet but instead of availing themselves of myriads of opportunities that exist in the surreal world of cybertech, they prefer to download and trend anything azonto.(I just might burst my kungfu on someone the next time I hear any other azonto song angry) I wonder if I had taken JAMB in this day and age or gone to the university in this day and age, with the amount of resources at my disposal now, hmmmnnnn! Na ace be dat, like seriously. They have everything easier now and instead of taking advantage of it, they are wasting it. We are plain lazy. We want fame and fortune without the good old labour and hardwork. I agree times have changed and there are smarter ways of making a living, but how many of them know anything apart from yahoo and entertainment? Meet up with the girls and it is only brazillian hair and make up. Nothing upstairs, no grey matter, only tissue paper and used condoms full them heads. Sorry I sound harsh, maybe the problem is with me. I'm just plain old fashioned!
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
2sexy.us:
So true... That is why I love the Chinese Government. In China, no facebook, only specific program are allowed to be aired on TV( mostly educative ones)and here in Nigeria, it the direct opposite.
Truth be told, I have deviated from who I used to be, a little, but when I see post like what the OP has done here, I am more compelled to go back to the drawing board and re-orientate my mind on the right focal length.

God bless US!

undecided Truth be told u don deviate from what u used to be well, well
In Your case, forget Chinese government
U need the Saudi Arabian or a Taliban government corrective educational program to reorientate u o
2sexy.us
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2013

And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach" (Isaiah 4:1).
sad yea right.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by 2sexyus: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
Hahaha
esere826:

undecided Truth be told u don deviate from what u used to be well, well
In Your case, forget Chinese government
U need the Saudi Arabian or a Taliban government corrective educational program to reorientate u o
2sexy.us

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
BoboYekini: lol, on guard sir! Let us duel for the nyansh bum of that fair damsel yonder (ishilove) tongue

it feels more appealing and duel-able that way
(but una say she's in her mid-40's naw. I no get liver to stretch that far)

On a side note, what are your thoughts on the pick-up artist scene? Do you think such aids to seduction might work in Nigeria? maybe with a little local spin?

wetin that wan mean?
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
esere826:

wetin that wan mean?
Its a movement that suggests that you can seduce almost any woman by employing specific body language, verbal suggestions e.t.c., regardless of your financial or physical limits.

As per Ishilove, I confess she remains a mystery to me. Still attractive nonetheless.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Insanity(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
BoboYekini: Its a movement that suggests that you can seduce almost any woman by employing specific body language, verbal suggestions e.t.c., regardless of your financial or physical limits.

As per Ishilove, I confess she remains a mystery to me. Still attractive nonetheless.

Exactly.
@esere, I will like to get ya response to this question using the earlier quoted theorem 'cuz I hav a 'Coach' junking ma spam box with mails on how to vibe wif any lady of ya choice in no time.
Nice Thread BTW!
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
BoboYekini: Its a movement that suggests that you can seduce almost any woman by employing specific body language, verbal suggestions e.t.c., regardless of your financial or physical limits.
+ @insanity

O that. smiley
I have my views on that alright
But I think I have a better suggestion.
Why wouldnt the person use body and verbal languages to make money instead
If one can use it in seducing babes, one could also use it garnering business
and in turn use the finances so gained in toasting

What do u think?

(u can also refer to my post #93 to 97 for a glimpse of what I think ur referring to
https://www.nairaland.com/994349/how-create-economic-success-out/5)
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
esere826:
+ @insanity

O that. smiley
I have my views on that alright
But I think I have a better suggestion.
Why wouldnt the person use body and verbal languages to make money instead
If one can use it in seducing babes, one could also use it garnering business
and in turn use the finances so gained in toasting

What do u think?

(u can also refer to my post #93 to 97 for a glimpse of what I think ur referring to
https://www.nairaland.com/994349/how-create-economic-success-out/5)
very interesting, your other business thread.
hmm, well the PUA school of thought argues that man is intrinsically wired to pursue different forms of success all to one end - to get to mate with desirable females.
So, why not cut to the chase and approach the target directly?
Lol, I am not that base so I suggest one can apply the skills to making money AND toasting chics.
If pressed to pick one, abeg gimme the money!

p.s. I am committed to reading all 7 pages of this :https://www.nairaland.com/994349/how-create-economic-success-out/5)
smiley
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by AjanleKoko: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
@esere,

Oya head out to the Religion section and Gladwell them with your breakthrough thinking. wink
Some perspectives on the religious dynamics in Africa would be interesting to debate grin
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ishilove: 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
esere826:

it feels more appealing and duel-able that way
(but una say she's in her mid-40's naw. I no get liver to stretch that far)

Chei, I don suffer!! shocked angry
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by DrBobbysmart(m): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Well all I can say is "wow, am impressed!". Av always gone thru threads on NL as a guest, buh afta going thru dis post and comments, I changed my mind & decided to register! This is so impressive...so far frm d norm...keep it up, guys!!!

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ishilove: 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
BoboYekini: lol, on guard sir! Let us duel for the nyansh of that fair damsel yonder (ishilove) tongue
You can't afford my nyash grin tongue

BoboYekini: As per Ishilove, I confess she remains a mystery to me. Still attractive nonetheless.
grin cool grin
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by adconline(m): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2013
esere826: My wilderness years of breaking down LOVE lead me to these important questions

1) Why is it that when a partner dies, the living partner can later love again?
2) Why is it that someone can 'love' someone; if rejected he/she goes on to love another person later on?
3) Intelligence agencies have this way of sometimes waiting for years then appealing for people that have past information to come forward. They believe that at some point in future, bonds might have weakened

4) Why do some people fall inlove with more than one person?
5) Do we really have 'A' sould mate?
6) what happens if that soul mate is in Japan? (ref taken from TD Jakes)
7) What happens if the person whom we 'love' is married?
8 ) What happens if we love someone, the person gets missing for 6 years; we then love the 2nd person; then the 1st love appears (a rough example is Winnie and Nelson Mandela)
9) Is love only applicable when both parties love themselves? what if I love u, and u dont love me back. What happened? Did cupid missing and strike only one instead of both parties?

Look through these questions, critique, answer and draw some conclusions

Romantic love is the most selfish thing. Love is in consideration for something......its not free and never will be.You can only love that person if he/she has most of the qualities you are looking for. It's like marketing..3ps. place, price, product. All these things must fall in place before a buyer pays,so is romantic love. most of the desirable traits must fall in place before we can settle. This we do in order to protect our selfish interest. So falling in love involves protecting one's interests; expanding those interests and gaining more ground. Falling in love has never been altruistic, it's like using what you have to get what you would not have gotten if you were to be alone.

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
adconline:

Romantic love is the most selfish thing. Love is in consideration for something......its not free and never will be.You can only love that person if he/she has most of the qualities you are looking for. It's like marketing..3ps. place, price, product. All these things must fall in place before a buyer pays,so is romantic love. most of the desirable traits must fall in place before we can settle. This we do in order to protect our selfish interest. So falling in love involves protecting one's interests; expanding those interests and gaining more ground. Falling in love has never been altruistic, it's like using what you have to get what you would not have gotten if you were to be alone.

The above is lust not love. Love is selfless. I have once fallen in real love with someone who didn't have the qualities I wanted in a woman, I fell in love with, who she was not what I wanted from her. also I have friends who have the qualities I want in my ideal woman, but I am not attracted to them talk less of falling in love. In my opinion this qualities increase the probability of you liking or fancying someone but not a sure bet to induce love.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by lordkrato(m): 1:12am On May 01, 2013
first,i salute oga prof,sori 4 being late sir,na stab i dey stab o.
i had to sign attendance so that at least my progeny would feel proud of me being part of this.
serious! i have saved the pages of this material for further study, dxy no be joke o!
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by lordkrato(m): 1:20am On May 01, 2013
Also its very sad that our people r nt stimulated by analytical nd non emotional topics,
such a shame.

a thread lyk ds suppose gt part 2,if na derailers paradise nw, b4 i update,25 people 4 don kill server,i dy pity 4 seun,takin care of retards,smh!
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Unluvable(f): 7:55am On May 01, 2013
lord krato: Also its very sad that our people r nt stimulated by analytical nd non emotional topics,
such a shame.

a thread lyk ds suppose gt part 2,if na derailers paradise nw, b4 i update,25 people 4 don kill server,i dy pity 4 seun,takin care of retards,smh!

That's how nairaland works, people respond more to thrash and gossips. And this thread doesn't really give room for insults!!

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by adconline(m): 10:39am On May 01, 2013
Matthew briggs:

The above is lust not love. Love is selfless. I have once fallen in real love with someone who didn't have the qualities I wanted in a woman, I fell in love with, who she was not what I wanted from her. cryalso I have friends who have the qualities I want in my ideal woman, but I am not attracted to them talk less of falling in love. In my opinion this qualities increase the probability of you liking or fancying someone but not a sure bet to induce love.
So if the woman asked u to name one thing that made u fall in love, what would that be?
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Matthewbriggs(m): 5:54pm On May 01, 2013
adconline:
So if the woman asked u to name one thing that made u fall in love, what would that be?

I will tell her the qualities I see in her, that I love about her, Because that's what she wants to hear. But deep down I know that that's not the main reason, because there thousands of women with same qualities and I never fell for them. Love is a force I can't explain, no matter how we try it remains a mystery.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by adconline(m): 7:55pm On May 01, 2013
Matthew briggs:

I will tell her the qualities I see in her, that I love about her, Because that's what she wants to hear. But deep down I know that that's not the main reason, because there thousands of women with same qualities and I never fell for them. Love is a force I can't explain, no matter how we try it remains a mystery.
There is something that drew u to that woman.. Maybe physical..b0oty
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by walan(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2013
adconline:
There is something that drew u to that woman.. Maybe physical..b0oty

True, something physical may draw you to a person but that is at one level. If you really look within yourself, you may find something deeper - something more like the need to connect/commune, to experience the sublime! - like MBriggs called it - something like a force that defies explanation. There is a flip side to all the materialistic lustings we humans engage in - call it the spiritual (i don't know but its there!) - that after all our graspings and gettings, still needs fulfilling and we glimpse it when we are with someone we truly truly like. The physical features might play a part but it doesnt end there always!

2 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by kristofa09(m): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2013
esere826:

Your suggestion actually waltz me towards the subject I initially intended to pursue. i.e the dwindling pool of male lovers:

My observation/hypothesis shows that the 24 to 29 age demography of women (lets call this Dxx)
have a short supply of 'right' men in that same 24 to 29 age demography (Lets call this Dxy)

In Nigeria, The 'right' men can be found more in the 32 to 42 years demography (Dyy)
Unfortunately, Dyy men that are single are few

Consequences:
1) As the Dxx ladies gradually approach the nothern age boundaries of their demography they unconciously or conciously start 'lowering' their standards for mates
2) With Dyy type males in 'short' supply, and a strong need to satisfy the aspirational instincts to mate with Dyy type men, Dxx ladies tend to throw themselves at the few single Dyy men. In the absense of this, they 'tend' to cheat with Dyy men that are married

esere very beautiful write up...honestly we need to talk...especially on d love axis.i still feel love can make things tilt.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
dis is really gud ish ...na how 2 port enta dyy guyz be koko oohh
but why d thread kan stop na "sad"
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
Just WOW!!! @esere...you're an intellect. I love reading articles that are written with wisdom and devotion. You really carried out a deep research on this topic.

In fact, I am enjoying the whole posts, the comments from readers (the intelligent comments though), really educating, enlightening and entertaining. Wonderful!!!

You just earned a medal from me...I hardly give out medals, but u earned one with your intelligent write-up.

Why hasn't this thread hit the front page pls This merits a national forum/discussion for national enlightenment.

Well done. Well done! I'm so impressed, will come back to finish the remaining pagessmiley
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by tpia5: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
didnt read the thread but i think women have to up their game somehow.

its not good seeing so many single bachelors who prefer to remain unmarried because of what they see around them, or whatever other reason.

by up your game i dont mean sex, since you've already upped that.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by topsquino(m): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
I think we need to re-define dis verb called 'LOVE' (in naija context) but before dat i wud lyk us to go back to history .
those days , a man marries a woman dat he barely knew and there is a high probability dey both end up loving each other but these days the reverse is the case, most girl(Dxx) wants to date a guy with d pretext of wanting to know him better and knowing whether he is financially capable to tk care of her.she does this before finkin about love. in conclusion, I fink we can learn to love anybody provided we r mentally prepared for it and I fink Love is a function of d qualities we see in an individual, d moment those qualities r missing, d love eventually fades away with time.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ugosample(m): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
esere826:
(Post 6)

Conclusions

Dissecting the theory will be too long for this forum,
so I'll race straight to the conclusion
(U can always refer to the diagram to understand scenarios better)

1) When women are ready to settle down (even when they do not have jobs) their university boyfriends are many times not ready because their graduate job slaries cannot cater for the pair
2) when the bf and gf have both finished university and have jobs, there is a stronger tendency to take the next step into marriage

3) wen ladies have jobs but their bf's dont have, there is a strong tendency for the girls to suddenly start seeing faults in their bf and start looking out for new relationships. Sometimes even cheating
4) Guys that have 'arrived' in Nigeria are most times married
5) Girls because of their inate desire to date upwards have a tendency to cheat with these married guys

6) Guys in their 20's because of their economic emasculation complain that ladies are bitches and gold-diggers
7) Sons of: politicians, top bureacrats and top private sector chiefs have it easier with all category of girls in Nigeria even if theyhave not yet got employment. This is because they represent the higher pecking order that girls desire to date. Thanks to their dads cash, they would already have nice furnished houses, cars and a bright future even while in university

8 ) When your boyfriend travels abroad and you dont yet have a job, U need to be worried because the probability is that except he has a job that can cater for both of you, he will dump u and pick a girl that can complement him there
9) When ur girlfriend travells abroad. The only time u shld be scared is if u dont have a job. Then, she will look out for some other alpha male

10) If ur gf travls abroad, and u both have jobs that pay same rate (all other economic condition being equal), the tendency is also for her to look out for males in the higher order. If she does not find any, she's coming for u.

These are all things that I have observed. Stay blessed

You are so right bro.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by justwise(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2016
mirob:

Forget movies, in real life before a girl of that status stoop to date or marry that kind of guy check it she didn't get †ђξ required attention from guys of the same class or guys that are in higher class than her. grin

You are absolutely right!

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by chronique(m): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
Someone liked a post I made here 3 yrs ago and this brought me back here. Glanced through this thread and thought it would be nice if we get lalasticlala to move it to the fp.

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ugosample(m): 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2016
chronique:
Someone liked a post I made here 3 yrs ago and this brought me back here. Glanced through this thread and thought it would be nice if we get lalasticlala to move it to the fp.

So that small children of Nairaland will spoil the thread? lol; D

There is no harm in your suggestion, but Nairaland had really degenerated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coded Runs Girls Are Balling / Do You Think Abuja Based Ladies Are All Runsgirls? / Share Your Worst Date Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.