Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? (3174 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
it has come to mind about the act of speaking in an unknown tongues, there is no word that doesn't have a meaning in other language in this whole world. when christ embassy members speaks in tongues i know for sure is fake tongues, because speaking is tongues should be lead by the holy spirit and the person will not be cautious of this word, it should comes out not when you want to or decide to, but unknownly by itself. but this people are say begin to speak in tongues and the whole people are cautious of what they are saying like amala ehkalimalakubashimami skolobanaba. i tell you they have their rewards
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
speaking in tongues should be like someone who is filled with wine and no more cautious of himself or what he is saying. in fact he or she cannot remember when something of that nature come out from the month, but only the surroundings people will hear the words. this is to awakening the church to their responsibility.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
It has always been fake. Of all languages in the world, what ever they blab happen not be any language or dialect. Its a shame when I see them blabbing like that.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
It's a Spiritual gift.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Goshen360: It's a Spiritual gift.
dont get you either, which is gift explain
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Princewell2012(m): 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
A canal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit, because it is unprofitable unto him, it only takes a spiritual man to understand the things of the spirit.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
Joel.:
dont get you either, which is gift explain

I will explain in the morrow, ain't got no time much today. It's a spiritual gift for the new man...inside.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by clemz85(m): 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
uncle oo!
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 8:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Speaking in other tongues that happened on the day of Pentecost is not the same as the gibberish been uttered in churches today. The event as recorded said the people spoke in other languages different from their dialect. The purpose of this was because all nations of the world were represented in the crowd thus people there were not speaking the same language. God enabled the followers of Christ to preach (prophesy) to them in different languages.

6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?

Apostle Paul addresses only the Corinthian church about speaking In tongues cos they totally missed what the gospel is all about. The gift of speaking in tongue and miracles seized ,the only gift we have now as the followers of Christ is the one of prophesying/ teaching and the one of knowledge.

Don't be deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
^

1 Corinthians 14: 1-End is our text & 1 Corinthians 12:1,4-11 & 28-31.

Goshen360:

There are two categories of tongues recorded in scriptures namely:

1. The Sign Tongues
2. The Prayer Tongues

The Sign tongues happened on the day on Pentecost and it was a known and understandable tongues by the unbelievers. This was given to spread the gospel as a SIGN and the Apostles don't have to learn the tongues or languages. What happened on Pentecost is a SIGN (and WONDERS) tongues to the promise of God.

14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: Acts 2, KJV

to be continue
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
Goshen360:

The prayer tongues is a Spiritual gift that engages one's praying in the spirit. verse 2; 13-14 of I Corinthians 14. This kind of praying tongues, no ONE understand it neither is it a known language because it is mysterious in the Spirit, (verse 2). If no one understands this tongues here, it means it is a different kind of tongue compared to the sign tongue of Pentecost because that was clearly understood.

However, today I often see many church folk speaking in tongues in the open Christian meetings without any interpretation and such is against scripture. Many preachers often intercept their preaching and messages in between by speaking in tongues. This is nothing but an abuse of speaking in tongues and disorderly worship to God. My favourite Apostle Paul said,

"27 No more than two or three should speak in tongues. They must speak one at a time, and someone must interpret what they say. 28 But if no one is present who can interpret, they must be silent in your church meeting and speak in tongues to God privately".

"Silent" in this context doesn't mean they cannot speak or pray or sing etc in church meetings but rather, they MUST hold their peace and rather speak or pray (in tongues if you would) to God PRIVATELY. It is saddening that even preachers encourage such kinds of abuse of the gift of speaking or praying to God in tongues in our churches like the Corinthian Christians. As you read through this piece today, you're encourage to take corrective measures in the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
goshen i think you are lost in this post. the tongues in the bible was led by holy spirit that everyone understand the words and natives of others. not talking nonesense as exclaimed by christ embassy. the church is at sleep and they need awakening. just that this people are brainwash and in mental slavery. they worship and practice what they dont know.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
^

The tongue that was spoken in Act 2 was well understood. That is very clear to every bible student. How then do you explain this verse (below), if it is the same tongue with that of Acts 2 that was understood?

New International Version (©2011)
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won't be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:2

Notice, the tongue that was spoken in Acts, was spoken to the PEOPLE NOT TO GOD. The tongue talked about here is NOT to people, unlike the one in Acts BUT TO GOD. How do you differentiate the two please, you people need to understand 'something' very very well before you go out attacking it.

I need an answer please and don't tell me I'm lost about the subject if you cannot explain this verse very well. I'm waiting please.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
shdemidemi: Speaking in other tongues that happened on the day of Pentecost is not the same as the gibberish been uttered in churches today. The event as recorded said the people spoke in other languages different from their dialect. The purpose of this was because all nations of the world were represented in the crowd thus people there were not speaking the same language. God enabled the followers of Christ to preach (prophesy) to them in different languages.

6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?

Apostle Paul addresses only the Corinthian church about speaking In tongues cos they totally missed what the gospel is all about. The gift of speaking in tongue and miracles seized ,the only gift we have now as the followers of Christ is the one of prophesying/ teaching and the one of knowledge.

Don't be deceived.
Sorry i have to say this. This is NAKED ignorance, pls study ur bible.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
Joel.:
goshen i think you are lost in this post. the tongues in the bible was led by holy spirit that everyone understand the words and natives of others. not talking nonesense as exclaimed by christ embassy. the church is at sleep and they need awakening. just that this people are brainwash and in mental slavery. they worship and practice what they dont know.
u err because u dont know the WORD- PLS STUDY.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
christemmbassey: u err because u dont know the WORD- PLS STUDY.
you think i need to study? let me tel you something the other tongues as clearly read by goshen state that only the speaker and God can understand. but you guys dont even understand what you are saying not to talk of God.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by truthislight: 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;
whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." (1 Corinthians 13:8 )

when exactly will that ^ come to pass?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
Joel.:
you think i need to study? let me tel you something the other tongues as clearly read by goshen state that only the speaker and God can understand. but you guys dont even understand what you are saying not to talk of God.
sorry, its a shame u're displaying ur ignorance publicly. Go and study or u ask humbly. God bless.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
now goshen upto you.
1 Corinthians 14:13-17 New International Version (NIV) 13 For this reason the one who speaks in a tongue should pray that they may interpret what they say. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding. 16 Otherwise when you are praising God in the Spirit, how can someone else, who is now put in the position of an inquirer, [ a ] say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since they do not know what you are saying? 17 You are giving thanks well enough, but no one else is edified.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
christemmbassey: sorry, its a shame u're displaying ur ignorance publicly. Go and study or u ask humbly. God bless.
i can see you have got a blank brain, and been brainwashed by your master's. i have not really see any meaningful input from you. when mature mind are debating children like you should watch and learn from people like us who have gone far already.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
Joel.:
i can see you have got a blank brain, and been brainwashed by your master's. i have not really see any meaningful input from you. when mature mind are debating children like you should watch and learn from people like us who have gone far already.
sorry sir, we dont DEBATE the word of God, the word of God has INTEGRITY, He can speak for Himself. Sorry i i refered to ur post as 'ignorance' and u mistook it for abuse, am sorry if i sounded 'abusive' not intended pls. When God said, 'my ppl are destroyed for lack of knowledge', am sure he didnt meant to abuse us. Having said that, i still insist, from ur post, u need a good teaching on the subject of speaking in tongues. Remain blessed.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
@ Joel,

We need take this issue one another the other, otherwise, we mix things up. First, I need you to explain how one can understand one tongues (as per Acts of the Apostles chapter 2) and NOT understand another tongues (as per 1 Corithians 14:2). One was spoken to PEOPLE and those PEOPLE clearly understood it (Acts) and one is SPEAKING TO GOD & NO ONE UNDERSTANDS HIM (1 Corinthians 14:2). One do you reconcile both? You need first answer that my question and then I fill follow-up to explain what the rest of the verse you quoted is talking about. Thanks bro Joel.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
@ truthislight,

Maybe you are the one that will answer the time frame of when that SHALL cease. cheesy
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by truthislight: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
truthislight: "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;
whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." (1 Corinthians 13:8 )

when exactly will that ^ come to pass?

Is this post hidden?

Is it possible that it has no explanation?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by truthislight: 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Goshen360: @ truthislight,

Maybe you are the one that will answer the time frame of when that SHALL cease. cheesy

Oga Gosh.

Ah! You dey here and you dey look my question anya anya(for eye for eye).

Abeg, use that spirit that causes speaking in tongues to explain the scriptures na?

Oga me, i dey wait o! cheesy
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
truthislight:

Oga Gosh.

Ah! You dey here and you dey look my question anya anya(for eye for eye).

Abeg, use that spirit that causes speaking in tongues to explain the scriptures na?

Oga me, i dey wait o! cheesy

I salute o, bros. I have told you folks, there are two categories of tongues. If any tongues SHALL cease or if at all HAD CEASED, that will be the SIGN tongues. Praying tongues DO NOT CEASE. I have taught on the abuse of tongues in churches in one of my teachings in the past, check my profile bro. Paul, the Apostle NEVER told people to be speaking in tongues in church gathering or worship places BUT in private since no one understands the PRAYING tongues; when they speak or pray to GOD, it must be done in PRIVATE because it is not what anyone understands.

27No more than two or three should speak in tongues. They must speak one at a time, and someone must interpret what they say. 28But if no one is present who can interpret, they must be silent in your church meeting and speak in tongues to God privately....39So, my dear brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and don’t forbid speaking in tongues. 40But be sure that everything is done properly and in order. << 1 Corinthians 14 >> New Living Translation

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2013
"Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;
whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Bro remember Apostle Paul's teaching of the gospel is divided into three parts namely LOVE, FAITH and HOPE. He was speaking to the Corinthian church as babies in the faith. This was the worse church amongst all the churches the Apostle wrote to,it can be compared to the present state of our churches today. He would not speak about spiritual gifts like speaking in tongues with the Thessalonian church,this church understood love and faith already, though they were still confused about HOPE.

We must understand that the only gift present now is the gift of Prephecies which is same as teaching in this context and knowledge.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 7:54am On Apr 23, 2013
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.[color=#990000][/color]

Notice how the Apostle ignored the tongues mentioned in verse 8 in verse 9.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 8:51am On Apr 23, 2013
Goshen360:

I salute o, bros. I have told you folks, there are two categories of tongues. If any tongues SHALL cease or if at all HAD CEASED, that will be the SIGN tongues. Praying tongues DO NOT CEASE. I have taught on the abuse of tongues in churches in one of my teachings in the past, check my profile bro. Paul, the Apostle NEVER told people to be speaking in tongues in church gathering or worship places BUT in private since no one understands the PRAYING tongues; when they speak or pray to GOD, it must be done in PRIVATE because it is not what anyone understands.

27No more than two or three should speak in tongues. They must speak one at a time, and someone must interpret what they say. 28But if no one is present who can interpret, they must be silent in your church meeting and speak in tongues to God privately....39So, my dear brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and don’t forbid speaking in tongues. 40But be sure that everything is done properly and in order. << 1 Corinthians 14 >> New Living Translation
mwaah to you broda Goshen 1000 000 likes for this post
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2013
shdemidemi: Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.[color=#990000][/color]

Notice how the Apostle ignored the tongues mentioned in verse 8 in verse 9.
dude you are quoting that scripture out of context. Yes the bible did say prophecies, tongues and knowledge would cease. The question now is when? Who said it would cease during the after the early apostolic era?
V9-10. "for we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when THAT WHICH IS PERFECT IS COME that which is in part shall be done away"
miracles, tongues would cease when. The perfect will of God is fulfilled, his perfect will is for us to live in perpetual health, live forever, eliminate pain and suffering. That was why he said Jesus to earth. That can only happen when the rapture takes place, but since we are still "in a part" of his will, he made the gift of miracles available so that we can be healed when we are sick, prophecy so that the mysteries of God be made known to you. When we are in heaven #the perfect now come# we wouldn't need healing would we? Because we can now live in perpetuel health

btw you haven't answered my 3 questions?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2013
1. Speaking in tongues, whether known or unknown is still very valid and genuine. The fact that there are fake naira notes does not mean that there are no genuine ones or all naira notes are fake, furthermore, the fact that some Nigerians squeez and batter the naira does not make it fake, its a matter of miss handling. 2. Speaking in tongues, known or unknown will never cease as long as there is still christianity and Jesus tarries. because its a gift just like prophecy, miracles, healings, faith etc. ( 1cor 12:7-11, Mark 16:17-18. 3. How do you know whether a tongue is known(of men) or unknown.(of angels) 1cor13, the fact that i dont undastand Japanese, Chinese, or even Ijaw etc does not make these tongues fake, God helped the believers who had the pentecost experience, imagine if dif nations were not there, remember the same thing happened in Cornelius house and Peter used the experience of pentecost to act appropriately, Acts10:44-48, Acts11:15. The fact that u are yet to experience speaking in tongues does not invalidate that glorious gift of the spirit 4. The OP said, the man that speaks in tongues 'suposed not to be conscious' of his experience, Paul said, "i will pray with the spirit and i will pray with understanding also" 1cor14:15, it means i consciously do it, not the spirit doing it tro me, am the one to decide when i want to pray in tongues and consciously do it' remember its a gift,' if uve not been given, u cant use it. So, speaking in tongues is genuine, it is a gift' if you want it, ask God and dont assume it is fake just because you dont have it. God bless.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
christemmbassey: 1. Speaking in tongues, whether known or unknown is still very valid and genuine. The fact that there are fake naira notes does not mean that there are no genuine ones or all naira notes are fake, furthermore, the fact that some Nigerians squeez and batter the naira does not make it fake, its a matter of miss handling. 2. Speaking in tongues, known or unknown will never cease as long as there is still christianity and Jesus tarries. because its a gift just like prophecy, miracles, healings, faith etc. ( 1cor 12:7-11, Mark 16:17-18. 3. How do you know whether a tongue is known(of men) or unknown.(of angels) 1cor13, the fact that i dont undastand Japanese, Chinese, or even Ijaw etc does not make these tongues fake, God helped the believers who had the pentecost experience, imagine if dif nations were not there, remember the same thing happened in Cornelius house and Peter used the experience of pentecost to act appropriately, Acts10:44-48, Acts11:15. The fact that u are yet to experience speaking in tongues does not invalidate that glorious gift of the spirit 4. The OP said, the man that speaks in tongues 'suposed not to be conscious' of his experience, Paul said, "i will pray with the spirit and i will pray with understanding also" 1cor14:15, it means i consciously do it, not the spirit doing it tro me, am the one to decide when i want to pray in tongues and consciously do it' remember its a gift,' if uve not been given, u cant use it. So, speaking in tongues is genuine, it is a gift' if you want it, ask God and dont assume it is fake just because you dont have it. God bless.

There is nothing difficult in speaking in tongue at this present time, stop the deceit and face the essence why these gifts were given in the first place. I was a victim of "speaking in tongues for 3 years", if you attend winners chapel today you will speak in tongue a week after.

The corinth church was a carnal church,Learn about the Corinth church, only then would you understand the problems the apostle encountered with them. Ask yourself why the apostle never talked about this same issue with other churches. Emulating this church by doing what they did is carnal, if there was any church worthy of emulation, it has to be the Thessalonian church.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Truth About Tithing - Muyiwa Afolabi / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof) / Another Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.