Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? (2087 Views)

Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos / How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? / How To Connect Your Laptop/desktop To Internet With Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by mufutau55(m): 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Can someone please explain in details on "How to connect Laptop to Internet in Nigeria"?
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by traceroute: 6:19am On Apr 22, 2013
Are you from Niger and you just arrived nigeria? Your name resembles that of a boko haram and your question.You can connect to internet by walking into any Glo or airtel office with your laptop and buy the modem.Airtel should be 4000 now.
Re: How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by gabbytabby: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
better still you can use your phone as a modem if it has bluetooth and you laptop also has bluetooth. Check for instruction of how on the MTN sim card package. Buy credit use relevant code and you get connected.
Re: How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by mufutau55(m): 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
traceroute: Are you from Niger and you just arrived nigeria? Your name resembles that of a boko haram and your question.You can connect to internet by walking into any Glo or airtel office with your laptop and buy the modem.Airtel should be 4000 now.

I am very surprised at some guys like you with your response.. This kind of attitude leads nowhere.
For your information, Who or What is Boko Haram? That should tell you that I know nothing about
Boko Haram you mentioned. Yes I will just be arriving in Nigeria with a Laptop and needs some info
before I arrive.

PS..Look at my other posts on nairaland and that will give you some info about me.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by mufutau55(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
gabbytabby: better still you can use your phone as a modem if it has bluetooth and you laptop also has bluetooth. Check for instruction of how on the MTN sim card package. Buy credit use relevant code and you get connected.

Thank you very much for your response.. Sorry, I have no knowledge about the Nigeria phones and the SIM cards,
I guess when i arrive in Nigeria I will get the info on the MTN SIM Package you just mentioned. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by gabbytabby: 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
Make sure you load the relevant software for your phone unto your laptop from the internet before you leave its free.

eg.
Nokia -PC Suite
Samsung -PC Studio
Sony Erricson - PC Companion
Re: How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by mufutau55(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
gabbytabby: Make sure you load the relevant software for your phone unto your laptop from the internet before you leave its free.

Thank you. I shall do that. The phone may be to be purchased in Nigeria anyway, as my phone from USA will not work in Nigeria when I come. Thank you for the info.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How To Connect Laptop To Internet In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
@op, jeez ur post make Nigeria look like a bloody village! I guess u mst be around now.
Internet is available everywhere in Naija as long as have d money. Some places even have wifi hotspots

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tips: Reducing Your Data Usage On Android Smartphones / Dell Xps 13 Touch Screen Needed / [must See] Hilarious Customised Apple Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.