Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY (7730 Views)

How I Registered My Private Limited Liability Company With Cac Online With 40k / How I Am Earning $30 Daily Using Paidverts(step By Step Guide) / How Much Does It Cost To Register A Company With CAC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
Registering a business is so easy that anybody can do it, provided you have time to spare. See d procedures below:

1. Go to CAC office @ No 7, otunba Jobifele way. Behind MKO gardens, alausa, ikeja. (Behind shrine). U will get cabs goin to CAC by d central mosque opposite alausa secteriat. Its N50..
2. Obtain availabilty form for N500 (five hundred naira only).
3. Fill d form with 2 business names u wish to register. Your favorite should be d first one u fill.
4. Submit d form imediately after filling.. U would be told to check back in 7 days time for d result if any of d names is available. But it is usually ready within 24hrs.. I checked back the followind day and d result was ready.
5. Buy registration form for N250 (two hundred and fifty naira only)
6. U need 2 passport photographs and a proper Id ( driver's licence or international passport.. U only need d photocopy)
7. Fill d forms and take it to ministry of justice @ alausa secteriat for attestation. D office is on d 6th floor. U will pay N200 (two hundred naira only) I don't know if this is official though cos no receipt is given. One good thing is.. They don't waste time there. I didn't spend 5 minutes @ d office!
8. Go back to CAC.. Pay N10,000 (ten thousand naira only) for business registration
9. Submit your form and u would be told to check back in 2 weeks time for the certificate.

That's all it takes to register a business name in Nigeria. There's nothing tedious abt it. Anyone can do it.
Cheers
If none of ur chosen names are available.. U would need to buy another availability form for another search again. So make sure u av unique names @ every point in time.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by arbitrage: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
Is this guide the same approach to follow when registering a Limited company?
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Moschino26(m): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
More info abt dis pls
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
arbitrage: Is this guide the same approach to follow when registering a Limited company?

To some extent d services of a lawyer or a chattered accountant is needed in order to register a limited liability company.
CAC hotline: 07091049807. They close by 3:00pm
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by tjmc: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
Great and timely info. I would have paid someone N45K to help me with dis.

Thanks man
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by groovie(m): 7:26am On Apr 24, 2013
thanks man!
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by ojjp: 7:52am On Apr 24, 2013
Hpe is d same amount all ova d country.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Keziehenry(m): 8:07am On Apr 24, 2013
I did my IT with CAC and all d info given by d op is correct,but in our branch nothing like attestation frm d court except if it is ltd coy and d certificate is available within 2days.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 11:55am On Apr 24, 2013
Keziehenry: I did my IT with CAC and all d info given by d op is correct,but in our branch nothing like attestation frm d court except if it is ltd coy and d certificate is available within 2days.

Pls which branch is yours? Pls name it here.. I think it will be useful for peopl residing around there. But as for lagos branch.. One would be refered to ministry of justice for attestation and d fee is just N200 ( two hundred naira) for business name registration.
I think d 2 week time frame they usually give is just to take care of Discrepancies.. D certificate is usually ready before the 2 weeks given.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Keziehenry(m): 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
lomzy1:

Pls which branch is yours? Pls name it here.. I think it will be useful for peopl residing around there. But as for lagos branch.. One would be refered to ministry of justice for attestation and d fee is just N200 ( two hundred naira) for business name registration.
I think d 2 week time frame they usually give is just to take care of Discrepancies.. D certificate is usually ready before the 2 weeks given.
ebonyi state office,equally u dont need a drivers licence,international passport or national id for biz name reg here except if u are incorporatn ur ltd coy
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
Keziehenry:
ebonyi state office,equally u dont need a drivers licence,international passport or national id for biz name reg here except if u are incorporatn ur ltd coy

That's so easy. Thanks for sharing d info. But is dis info current? The rules may have been changed from what it used to be while u were serving there. I guess d same rules and regulations should be applicable to all d states in Nigeria.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
ojjp: Hpe is d same amount all ova d country.

The amount should be d same all over d country. D official registration fee is N10,000 for a business name. N750 for d 2 forms u would buy and d N200 for attestation (for lagos). So d entire amount is approx N11,000
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Keziehenry(m): 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
lomzy1:

That's so easy. Thanks for sharing d info. But is dis info current? The rules may have been changed from what it used to be while u were serving there. I guess d same rules and regulations should be applicable to all d states in Nigeria.
d info is very current cos i normally file job there.the requirement of id card or international passport for ltd companys became effective as frm dis yr 2013 cos formally it ws not required.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by nxanadu: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
thanks bro for d info. does it applies to a venture? eg "Cambel Venture" does this process applies to a biz name including venture to it
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Keziehenry(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
nxanadu: thanks bro for d info. does it applies to a venture? eg "Cambel Venture" does this process applies to a biz name including venture to it
yes
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by quin9(f): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
To add to what the OP has said,there also a CAC office at Aje str Sabo,behind.First Bank building,also you can do the attestion at any Magistrate Court near you for 250naira,a treasury receipt is usually issued(the litigations dept close 11am on fri nd 1pm every other day),CAC opens 9am-3pm daily.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2013
@quin9.. Thanks for d info. If I had known they have a branch @ sabo, I wouldn't have gone all d way to alausa.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by nxanadu: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
thanks bro. plz can i open more than one type of biz with one biz name? eg. have a food stuff biz, barbing salon, laundry biz, haulage biz and fashion home with only one registered biz name for all of them?
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
nxanadu: thanks bro. plz can i open more than one type of biz with one biz name? eg. have a food stuff biz, barbing salon, laundry biz, haulage biz and fashion home with only one registered biz name for all of them?

yes you can.. there is a space in the form where your type/area of business is to be indicated.
you may use.. general business service, general merchant, trading, import and export. you could also specify the 3 examples given. any of these 3 covers a whole range of business and the kind of biz u specified above are covered.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by dailydolla4u(m): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
Info like these is what quite a number of peopl pay thousands to get, But u guyz give it free. May God bless u all 4 this info and so many more infos. lLuv N/L. N/L is my No. 1 Forum In Naija. Long leave N/L nd all d gud peopl of de Land.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by chiboy11(m): 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
quin9: To add to what the OP has said,there also a CAC office at Aje str Sabo,behind.First Bank building,also you can do the attestion at any Magistrate Court near you for 250naira,a treasury receipt is usually issued(the litigations dept close 11am on fri nd 1pm every other day),CAC opens 9am-3pm daily.
do u mean sabo @ yaba , which of d sabo in lag, pls reply

[size=28pt]who knows were sabo is in lag help me[/size]
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Keziehenry(m): 1:23am On Apr 27, 2013
lomzy1:

yes you can.. there is a space in the form where your type/area of business is to be indicated.
you may use.. general business service, general merchant, trading, import and export. you could also specify the 3 examples given. any of these 3 covers a whole range of business and the kind of biz u specified above are covered.
seconded
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by julius99(m): 2:42am On Apr 27, 2013
Pls am in Benue State, Makurdi to be precise.
Is there any CAC office in Makurdi?
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 11:04am On Apr 27, 2013
chiboy11: do u mean sabo @ yaba , which of d sabo in lag, pls reply

[size=28pt]who knows were sabo is in lag help me[/size]

When u get to yaba. U will get buses going to sabo. Its close to yaba.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by groovie(m): 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hi, does anyone know how i can get a VAT certificate?
thanks in advance for your response(s)
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by abes(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
julius99: Pls am in Benue State, Makurdi to be precise.
Is there any CAC office in Makurdi?

Makurdi

PLOT BNA 5366, ABU KING SHULUWA ROAD, OFF OTUKPO ROAD,
Makurdi
Benue State
Nigeria
makurdi@cac.gov.ng

More CAC branches on this link
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by lomzy1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
abes:

Makurdi

PLOT BNA 5366, ABU KING SHULUWA ROAD, OFF OTUKPO ROAD,
Makurdi
Benue State
Nigeria
makurdi@cac.gov.ng

More CAC branches on this link

Thanks for d info. God bless u.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Yomkris(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
@lomzy1, u ar doin a great job here. Keep it up. Jah bless.
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by anuda(m): 7:24am On Apr 30, 2013
Who knows CAC office address at Ekiti State. Please Help!!!
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by naijacutee(f): 3:31pm On May 04, 2013
Great information! Lets keep this thread alive!!
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by jam04(m): 6:30pm On May 04, 2013
For a limited liability company, you need the service of a lawyer. And most lawyers with a seal won't sign an already prepared form from you. They always prefer them processing it for you from scratch
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Register A Business Name With CAC.. DIY by Abbey1045(m): 6:55pm On May 04, 2013
Gud work.I love it.Let's keep it movin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Reverses Gain, Drops To 490/dollar / How Sokoloan Dragged Their Customer To Retrieve A 5k Loan / How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.