Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Public Lies Married Women Tell - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Public Lies Married Women Tell (21860 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / 8 Lies Married Women Tell Publicly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Lies Married Women Tell by stylesco: 9:17am On Apr 22, 2013
Public lies married women tell
By Funke Egbemode 08055069066 (SMS only, please) [egbemode@sunnewsonline.com]
Saturday, September 5, 2009

What a married woman says about her marriage is most of the time the opposite of the truth and reality of what her life is. Her mother brought her up on the ‘marriage is forever’ creed. Her pastor said ‘marriage is till death do you part’. The society insists that all divorced women are loose and lousy. What does she do between the devil and the deep blue sea? She tells everybody what they want to hear. Well, check some of these out and see if they are familiar.

1. If I come back into this world again, I’ll marry my husband over and again.

The truth: Is my husband coming back to this world again? Aaarggh. God will have to choose between creating him and me. If that goat is coming back to the world, then I am definitely not coming. That way there is no likelihood of us ever meeting even for dinner, least of all marriage. I have had enough of him to last ten lifetimes. I know God is not wicked, so He won’t allow me to marry this man again.

2. My husband has never raised his hands against me. I don’t understand women who stay with men who physically abuse them. It is so crazy.

The truth: Of course, it is crazy and I’m no longer sure of my own sanity. Or why else am I still here? He has removed two of my teeth and I had been hospitalised with cracked ribs before. His eyes light up when he’s beating me, so I think he’s crazy too. Maybe we are both lunatics but trust me, nobody understands wife battery like I do. I guess we’ll soon form an association, League of Battered Women, and I’d be the founding Country Director. It’s not funny.

3. My husband is the perfect gentleman. He is so wonderful, all any woman would want in a man.

The truth: Perfect gentleman, my foot. He belches loudly, talks with his mouth full and doesn’t know what you use a dessert spoon for it is different from what you use a teaspoon for. If he’s not picking his nose in public, he’s eating his nails. He’s forever embarrassing me in public. What’s worse, the only topic he can discuss intelligently is football. He can’t name 10 governors in Nigeria but he can tell you the names of the goalkeepers in the Premiership. He forgets my birthday, comes home late on our wedding anniversary and has locked my father out of our home before. He runs me down in front of my friends and pinches their buttocks when he thinks I’m not looking.

4. No woman can snatch my husband.

The truth: This one? He was snatched a long time ago. I have given up on him and accepted my fate. He has two children outside from two different women and we are still expecting more. He is the original he-goat. If you put a skirt on an electric pole, he’ll wink at the pole. He’s insatiable. My only worry is for my life. A man who has children outside his marriage is a non-condom-wearing dog. And that makes me a candidate for HIV and its little brothers.

5. If not for my children, I would have left him.

The truth: Leave him and go where? Who will take care of me like he does? Leave him and forfeit my good life- summer and winter holidays wherever I want, contacts that being married to him gives me and the good sex? Not on your life! Sure, sometimes I feel like killing him but I’m not leaving him. In fact, he’d have to die to get rid of me. The advantages far outweigh the down side and never mind the children angle, if I really want to go I can take them, can’t I? I’m simply not going anywhere, not now, not soon, not ever.

6. He is the pillar of support for my career.

The truth: What pillar? That man is permanently holding diggers and cutlasses to cut down my career and uproot everything good the whole world can see I have achieved. If you know what I have had to stomach to remain a ‘Mrs’, you will pity me. This man has come to my office several times to harass my colleagues, accuse my boss of sleeping with me. He once came into a restaurant where we were having a breakfast meeting to make trouble thinking that I was meeting a lover. He stormed in and found eight of us at the table. This ‘pillar’ of my life regularly locks me out of the house if I return home later than he wants. Right now we are in the middle of a major ‘boko haram’ because I want to go abroad to round off a PhD programme and he has said if I go, it would be the end of the marriage. He is asking me what I need a PhD for if not to be addressed a Dr when he is still a Mr. You should not believe everything you see because some of these things are photo tricks.

7. He is a great provider. He makes sure I don’t lack anything.

The truth: I pay the rent and the children’s school
fees. I am the one who makes sure he doesn’t lack anything but it is such a shame and I cannot tell anybody. This human being is lazy but he loves the good life. I am sticking it because if I leave today, everybody will declare me guilty, arrogant and a deserter. I wish things were different but I have to sustain this lie.

8. He is a stud and he wears me out in bed all the time. In fact, I’m tired.

The truth: Stud ko, stud ni. I’m lucky if he touches me once in a month. All he thinks about are his containers and consignment. He has consigned me to the dustbin of celibacy. I am so hungry for the ‘thing’ now I’m eyeing Audu, the maiguard. Can you blame me?

14 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by butta(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2013
She is soooo on point and right .. What else can I say ? Coming from a fellow married woman. Funke egbemode since she s in it herself and she s wearing d shoe of a married woman thanks for d confession maam..

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Godmother(f): 9:58am On Apr 22, 2013
Mehn, I hope her husband never gets to see this oh. Would do well. We all have an idea of what marriage in Nigeria is all about, but most women wud never come out boldly like this for fear of d repercussions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 22, 2013
Wow, am short of words.. shocked.....and girls will still look desperate and sad, cause we are single...hmmm, life sad

3 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by butta(m): 10:23am On Apr 22, 2013
Godmother: Mehn, I hope her husband never gets to see this oh. Would do well. We all have an idea of what marriage in Nigeria is all about, but most women wud never come out boldly like this for fear of d repercussions
say d truth and shame d devil
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by butta(m): 10:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Amelian: Wow, am short of words.. shocked.....and girls will still look desperate and sad, cause we are single...hmmm, life sad
hahahahahahahahahahah its a mans world ...hahahahahahaha singing james brown hahahahahaha it is a mans world..

2 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Freiburger(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2013
If I come back into this world again, I’ll marry my husband over and again. grin grin grin
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by pekelepekele(m): 10:45am On Apr 22, 2013
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by pastie(m): 10:45am On Apr 22, 2013
sad sad sad
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 22, 2013
Speak for thyself and not for others, you barely know 1000 women

13 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 22, 2013
Great article by Funke Egbemode
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2013
Phuck!!!
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 22, 2013
.....na wa oh is it that bad?
i know they ( husbands) could have one or two out of the list....but all those!!!!!!! mahn! what knida man did you marry...didnt you court or something?
eeeyaaa kpele

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 22, 2013
melojames: .
u need 2 qr0w up...we aint j0kin..dis reality m0'phucka
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by AZeD1(m): 10:54am On Apr 22, 2013
This is bullsh*t.
So every woman who says her husband has never hit her is lying?

The author should note that if her marriage did not work out it doesn't mean other people's own did not work out.

13 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2013
cc: nairaland women

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Basic(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2013
I wonder why some people just write trash without hesitation.
So, Funke Ekemode is insinuating that ALL women who make those statements are liars?
She should realise that her choice of a wrong husband and her telling lies about him applies to her ONLY.
She should learn to speak for herself alone, not for others.

3 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by swtcharissa(f): 11:02am On Apr 22, 2013
As for me,I dnt fall into the shoes of most of them she mention,I will choose him AGAIN,he is A STUD,all round PROVIDER,and instead of him T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ raise his hand,he takes a walk,like d PERFECT GENTLE MAN

5 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by stylesco: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2013
No5 is very very true.
I've heard it a lot even here on nairaland.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Freiburger(m): 11:08am On Apr 22, 2013
style$co:
No5 is very very true.
And a year later, you will hear she just dropped one more. thus, making it more difficult to leave him. grin

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by olupatito(f): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2013
this is far from the truth,that marriage isnt working out for some,doesnt mean others aint happy with theirs.......pls SEUN we need dislike click behind every post

3 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by honeric01(m): 11:13am On Apr 22, 2013
Crap!
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2013
The real problem we have here is that people do not know what they want. If you ask most people, they'll say they want money, power, respect, the good life and in the case of our women, a good husband, etc when in reality all we need is to be happy.

The mistake here now is thinking that when you have all those things you'll be happy.I'll keep saying it...marriage is not a solution to any problem. You can be single and still be happy. Stop listening to all those pastors and 'wellwishers' that want to make you feel less of a lady because you're single at 31.

Be brave, be courageous, pursue happiness. wherever and in whatever situation you find it, be content. Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Kingslaw(m): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2013
OK
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by stylesco: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2013
I love to see myself as a proper lady. tongue. But I can't help it, I'm just gonna dance.
My post made front page. cheesy
Ahh! I need to celebrate this feat o!
Its not easy at all. grin

Please don't be vexed at all I'm very excited.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by yemosla(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2013
undecidedƔ r u guys trying ̥†̥σ get dis twisted? She is not saying dats wat she's going tru niether is she shearing her marital experience on NL,its just ǎ̜̣̍ piece on wat most married women go tru. If it applies ̥†̥σ u,den concur and if it doesn't forget it.unfortunatly, dats wat most married women go tru.

8 Likes

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by causewahala: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2013
style$co:
No5 is very very true.

Is there any no. that is false on that list? grin
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Blazinraj01(f): 11:25am On Apr 22, 2013
Godmother: Mehn, I hope her husband never gets to see this oh. Would do well. We all have an idea of what marriage in Nigeria is all about, but most women wud never come out boldly like this for fear of d repercussions
He doesn't need to see it because He is LATE.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by 5much(m): 11:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Some women are enjoying their marriages but MOST TIMES , d op is correct.I wish every troubled marriage GOD's healing.

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by FXKing2012(m): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2013
style$co:

1. If I come back into this world again, I’ll marry my husband over and again.

The truth: Is my husband coming back to this world again? Aaarggh. God will have to choose between creating him and me. If that goat is coming back to the world, then I am definitely not coming. That way there is no likelihood of us ever meeting even for dinner, least of all marriage. I have had enough of him to last ten lifetimes. I know God is not wicked, so He won’t allow me to marry this man again.

2. My husband has never raised his hands against me. I don’t understand women who stay with men who physically abuse them. It is so crazy.

The truth: Of course, it is crazy and I’m no longer sure of my own sanity. Or why else am I still here? He has removed two of my teeth and I had been hospitalised with cracked ribs before. His eyes light up when he’s beating me, so I think he’s crazy too. Maybe we are both lunatics but trust me, nobody understands wife battery like I do. I guess we’ll soon form an association, League of Battered Women, and I’d be the founding Country Director. It’s not funny.

3. My husband is the perfect gentleman. He is so wonderful, all any woman would want in a man.

The truth: Perfect gentleman, my foot. He belches loudly, talks with his mouth full and doesn’t know what you use a dessert spoon for it is different from what you use a teaspoon for. If he’s not picking his nose in public, he’s eating his nails. He’s forever embarrassing me in public. What’s worse, the only topic he can discuss intelligently is football. He can’t name 10 governors in Nigeria but he can tell you the names of the goalkeepers in the Premiership. He forgets my birthday, comes home late on our wedding anniversary and has locked my father out of our home before. He runs me down in front of my friends and pinches their buttocks when he thinks I’m not looking.

4. No woman can snatch my husband.

The truth: This one? He was snatched a long time ago. I have given up on him and accepted my fate. He has two children outside from two different women and we are still expecting more. He is the original he-goat. If you put a skirt on an electric pole, he’ll wink at the pole. He’s insatiable. My only worry is for my life. A man who has children outside his marriage is a non-condom-wearing dog. And that makes me a candidate for HIV and its little brothers.

5. If not for my children, I would have left him.

The truth: Leave him and go where? Who will take care of me like he does? Leave him and forfeit my good life- summer and winter holidays wherever I want, contacts that being married to him gives me and the good sex? Not on your life! Sure, sometimes I feel like killing him but I’m not leaving him. In fact, he’d have to die to get rid of me. The advantages far outweigh the down side and never mind the children angle, if I really want to go I can take them, can’t I? I’m simply not going anywhere, not now, not soon, not ever.

6. He is the pillar of support for my career.

The truth: What pillar? That man is permanently holding diggers and cutlasses to cut down my career and uproot everything good the whole world can see I have achieved. If you know what I have had to stomach to remain a ‘Mrs’, you will pity me. This man has come to my office several times to harass my colleagues, accuse my boss of sleeping with me. He once came into a restaurant where we were having a breakfast meeting to make trouble thinking that I was meeting a lover. He stormed in and found eight of us at the table. This ‘pillar’ of my life regularly locks me out of the house if I return home later than he wants. Right now we are in the middle of a major ‘boko haram’ because I want to go abroad to round off a PhD programme and he has said if I go, it would be the end of the marriage. He is asking me what I need a PhD for if not to be addressed a Dr when he is still a Mr. You should not believe everything you see because some of these things are photo tricks.

7. He is a great provider. He makes sure I don’t lack anything.

The truth: I pay the rent and the children’s school
fees. I am the one who makes sure he doesn’t lack anything but it is such a shame and I cannot tell anybody. This human being is lazy but he loves the good life. I am sticking it because if I leave today, everybody will declare me guilty, arrogant and a deserter. I wish things were different but I have to sustain this lie.

8. He is a stud and he wears me out in bed all the time. In fact, I’m tired.

The truth: Stud ko, stud ni. I’m lucky if he touches me once in a month. All he thinks about are his containers and consignment. He has consigned me to the dustbin of celibacy. I am so hungry for the ‘thing’ now I’m eyeing Audu, the maiguard. Can you blame me?
Waooooo....what a lorry-load of trash.

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Tirham1: 11:31am On Apr 22, 2013
She should get her facts right. I don't agree with her. Was this base on a research or personal experience?
I think she should say some married women and not married women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? / This Elderly Man, Columbus Ihemekwele Is Missing (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.