Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 (800 Views)

Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing / Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
Excerpts from Debka:

Obama phoned President Putin and thanked him for his “cooperation [unspecified] in the investigation into the Boston Marathon bombings.”

This conversation stemmed from the Russian intelligence request to the FBI in 2011 to look into the older Tsarnaev brother, Tamerlan’s ties with Muslim terrorist groups in the Caucasus, who at that time decided to pledge allegiance to al Qaeda. In the face of the US agency’s indifference to its alert, Russian intelligence placed the two brothers under close surveillance – certainly dogging Tamerlan’s footsteps during the six months he spent visiting Dagestan and Chechnya last year – and presumably also in America. Upon his return, he was not placed on the FBI watch list.

The Russian agency was therefore in exclusive possession of the very intelligence the FBI sought for identifying the terrorists who perpetrated the bombings in Boston and their associates, whether inside or outside America.

http://www.debka.com/article/22916/Boston-terror-focuses-Hagel-ME-trip-on-Syria-al-Qaeda---instead-of-Iran
Re: Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 by 5alive(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 by bookface: 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
This is why i think the US's policy on Syria is completely misplaced.
Re: Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
bookface:
This is why i think the US's policy on Syria is completely misplaced.

100000% cosign!!
Re: Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 by onila(f): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
undecided
Re: Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011 by bookface: 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
One thing i admire about the Russians though, is their consistency. The US at the moment, i believe is all about saving face on Syria. The administration has committed itself too deeply to step back at the moment. It's completely nutters to provide funding for terrorists on one hand and then spend another billion fighting them in another country. Now when they strike the US homeland, you scream blue murder! I just don't get it.

Russia has signified interest to work with the US on counter terrorism, that sounds like a complete Malarkey to me. For one both countries don't trust each other that much to exchange vital information. Russia may be more open, the US is always skeptical.

(1) (Reply)

US Places $23m Reward For Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others / New York City’s Nigerian Community Celebrated 53 Years Of Independence / Saudi Blogger Detained Over A Campaign To Allow Women To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.