Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs (13988 Views)

$200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / Promoter Flays Fashola Over FG’s Contribution To Lekki Port / Singaporean Investors To Stake N195b On Lekki Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Rossikk(m): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
[size=20pt]Lekki Port to generate $200bn + 163,000 jobs[/size]

By BusinessNews Staff on April 9, 2013

The managing director of Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise, Mr. Haresh Aswani has projected that the state-of-the-art Lekki Port project, scheduled to be operational by third quarter of 2016 will generate $200bn revenue and create 163,000
new jobs.

Located in the Lagos Free Trade Zone at the Lekki suburb, Aswani explained that the Lekki Port, conceptualized as a multi-product industrial and logistics hub would spread across 90Ha of land and shall be built at an estimated cost of
$1.55 billion. He further said the deep-sea port which will be located 65 km east of Lagos Mainland shall become the gateway to West African region and would be one of the most efficient and modern maritime facilities that will cater to containerized, liquid and dry bulk cargo par international standards. “In addition to bridging the capacity deficit,
Lekki Port will have significant positive macroeconomic impact estimated at $361 billion over the entire concession period. It is expected to contribute more than USD 200 billion to the government exchequer while also creating close
to 163,000 new jobs in the economy.

Furthermore, Lekki Port will spur the economic development around the Lekki sub-region and on a wider perspective, the whole of Lagos State through rapid industrialization”, he added.

In a bid to ensure smooth and efficient operations, Lekki Port has engaged the services of leading global consultants in the mould of The Louis Berger Group Inc., Delta Marine Consultants, Berger ABAM and TBA Netherlands and the container terminal has been sub-concessioned to International Container Terminal Services, Inc, Philippines, a leader in the container terminal operations with a footprint across the globe.

The strategic location, optimal layout and modern facilities is expected to provide Lekki Port a distinct competitive edge over any other port facility in the West African region.

The Lagos State Government’s and Nigerian Ports Authority’s (NPA) involvement as shareholders in this project demonstrate both, their interest in the success of Lekki Port and their confidence in the Public-Private Partnership
model to bridge the gaps in the infrastructure domain which is pivotal to overall growth of Nigerian economy.
( National Mirror )

http://www.businessnews.com.ng/2013/...n-163000-jobs/

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Rossikk(m): 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
With that $200 billion, Lagos will become by far the most modern and advanced city in all Africa, beating Johannesburg, Cairo, and Cape Town hands down. It would become among the top cities in the world, mentioned alongside the likes of New York City, Tokyo, Beijing, and Paris.

11 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Did u say $200billion annually? shocked shocked shocked

While I believe this is a good idea, I strongly believe the numbers are "FALSIFIED".

10 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
That figure should be in naira not dollars.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
this good for nigeria, unfortunatly nigerians are very corrupt, the project will not go smoothly , durban has similar projects and they're ahead of schedule the same with cape town and joburg.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by kettykings: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
wow $200B quid this is more than the income of Apple , Microsoft and HP, , i can wait this dream port to take off.

Lagos has gotten it right for the first time , i hope before then they will reject the money from derivation and form a common wealth with the other south western states so that the FG will not impose a derivation formula on this income

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by solomon111(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
kettykings: wow $200B quid this is more than the income of Apple , Microsoft and HP, , i can wait this dream port to take off.

Lagos has gotten it right for the first time , i hope before then they will reject the money from derivation and form a common wealth with the other south western states so that the FG will not impose a derivation formula on this income
Are you kidding me?
Lol.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by wese90(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
ok
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
Some states are making progress while some are making bombs sad

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
kettykings: wow $200B quid this is more than the income of Apple , Microsoft and HP, , i can wait this dream port to take off.

My brother, you know see why I raised alarm, fortune 500 Corps. haven't even made this amount, then it's this almighty port of Lagos, I have no beef with it, I think its a great and wonderful investment but like I said, the numbers are fictitious. Somebody added either one or two zeros or perhaps, they meant Naira and not $$$

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by yuzedo: 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
LAWL! Just like Tinapa abi?? Keep talkin', we dey hear una! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by pappy2000: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
How can One buy cheap Land in that Area
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by wese90(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
What is lekki port? Is it like an ATM machine that vomit money?.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by georjay(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
i hear una
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Monimatic(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hahahaaaaaaaha grin grin grin grin grin grin ACN & APC don come again with their signature LIES,FALSEHOOD, RUMOR-MONGERING and PROPAGANDA.

$200 billion....... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.....that is a an over falsified revenue projection.
Oga India man stop spreading lies to deceive Nigerians,even Mundra Port, Kandla Port, Mumbai port,and Chennai Port,which are the biggest ports in India, and are far more bigger in size than the proposed Lekki Port, don't make up to $200 billion individually as ports in a year.
I suspect, another Tinubu and ACN propaganda in this falsified revenue projection, cos even an a mad man knows that Tinubu is the major stake holder of LEKKI PORT FREE TRADE ZONE ENTERPRISE, so i am not surprised by the falsification of the revenue projections by the MD of Lekki Port Free Trade Zone Enterprise,cos he is only acting on behalf of his Oga at the Top (Tinubu). Tinubu is an epitome of PROPAGANDA,FALSEHOOD,and RUMOR-MONGERING in Nigeria.

grin grin shocked grin grin grin shockedgrin grin grin shocked grin grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

LIAAAAAAAAAAAAAR MOHAMMED

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by yuzedo: 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
It would be lovely if this sails through (no pun), at least it'll take so much pressure off the Apapa Port (and facilities, with multiplier effects such as less traffic, less road degradation, etc) and stimulate commerce in the Lekki/Epe axis of Lagos... But really now.. Those figures? Really? LOL! Microsoft Excel does WONDERS! grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by EPOMA(m): 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
This is the reason we owe so much debt,they will falsify data and borrow money aggressively, even Nigeria as a whole country does not get this amount from the sales of crude oil in 3 years. It is no even that the port will earn all the duties paid to itself.Bush and banana economics

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by EPOMA(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
yuzedo: LAWL! Just like Tinapa abi?? Keep talkin', we dey hear una! cheesy

abeg tell them
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by solomon111(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
zetdee: this good for nigeria, unfortunatly nigerians are very corrupt, the project will not go smoothly , durban has similar projects and they're ahead of schedule the same with cape town and joburg.
see as this southafrican dey swear for lagos.
Bad belle.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Onyeoma3: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nice one if actualized
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by PBundles(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Very nice development indeed but I doubt the US 200 BN amount. Rotterdam is one of the leading ports and if Im not mistaken it generates around EUR 600 MM, so US 200 BN dont think so. I more emphatic about the jobs it will generate. That will great for my brothers and sisters. Nice work to the state government and stakeholders!
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by vanstanzy(m): 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
This is VERY GOOD! cheesy cheesy But isnt 200billion dolls. an over-exaggeration? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by adconline(m): 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
manny4life:

My brother, you know see why I raised alarm, fortune 500 Corps. haven't even made this amount, then it's this almighty port of Lagos, I have no beef with it, I think its a great and wonderful investment but like I said, the numbers are fictitious. Somebody added either one or two zeros or perhaps, they meant Naira and not $$$
Thank you! Dumbasses are falsifying figures. Naija GDP is less $400bn. Annual budget is less than $40bn. I wonder what they will be doing at the port? Unloading diamond and heroine?

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by vanstanzy(m): 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hope their wont be any hindrance to this project though. undecided undecided undecided This one wey over-bloated figures don

begin rent the airwaves.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by drnoel: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
manny4life: Did u say $200billion annually? shocked shocked shocked

While I believe this is a good idea, I strongly believe the numbers are "FALSIFIED".
hmm, they should pls tell us how much apapa whoof is bringing in annually b4 we believe this their falsified estimation. Besides, when they start falsifying figures and they have not yet built the stuff, how does one now believe that the port would do what it is projected to do.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
solomon111: see as this southafrican dey swear for lagos.
Bad belle.
lol
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by 5alive(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
abeg make we hear word, giv us anoda news jare
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by anonimi: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
EPOMA: This is the reason [b]we owe so much debt,they will falsify data and borrow money aggressively, even Nigeria as a whole country does not get this amount from the sales of crude oil in 3 years. It is no even that the port will earn all the duties paid to itself.Bush and banana economics[/b]

ACN doing what they do best- [size=13pt]LIES and plain PROPAGANDA.
These are the hallmarks of the smooth, slick serpents gathered together in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria.
[/size]

What is the total budget of Nigeria in 2013 expressed in USD
What is Nigeria's GDP for 2012 expreseed in USD?
What is the total annual revenue of the existing ports in Nigeria expressed in USD

And some mugus will start singing Hossana and Alhamulilahi.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Phikom(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
sheyie2007: Some states are making progress while some are making bombs sad
cos bomb making is their ministry and calling...
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by sage2(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
How much are all the Federal government ports generating? Will the port be busier than the FG's Apapa and Tincan island ports put together? How much are the top 5 busiest ports in the world generating? In this Google age, it still baffles me how people can fall for cheap propaganda. I admit we don't have a fantastic education system. But must we exhibit it for the whole world to see?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by nifemi01(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
200billion dollars? Abeg money wan dey fall like rain there?
That's over 20 trillion naira?
Even when falsifying results, these guys should apply sense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo,Obiano,Ikpeazu,Oshiomhole,Kachikwu,Amosun,Umahi Attend NEC In Abuja(pix / PHOTOS: Buhari, Osinbajo And Others At Federal Executive Council (FEC) / Technical Hitch Disrupting Buhari's Speech At UN Event Is Fake News- Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.