Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee (13178 Views)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by roccio(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Am actually in tears now as I share this Painful Story!

What A Loss! FOR Temitope Sanni, the birth of a set of triplets has become more of a curse than blessing: Shortly after they were born, the babies, all boys, died one after the other. Reason being that the parents could not raise the N4,000 required of them to buy drugs.

Apparently because of the family’s indigent condition, the woman was delivered of the babies in the
parlour of the Face-Me-I-Face-You bungalow she and her husband share with others, at Ilogbo, near Sango-Ota, Ogun State.
The home delivery was carried out by her niece. Seeing that the kids were too fragile, the mother and father were advised to take them to a clinic. At a nearby clinic, Damisile Medical Centre, the family was advised to rush the babies to a general hospital.

With N2,500 as all they could gather, the family rushed the babies to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), but were told that there were no beds to admit the babies and their mother.

The mother and father dashed out of LASUTH and went to the Federal Government-owned Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). By the time they arrived at LUTH, one of the babies had died. At LUTH, they were told to go buy some drugs for the remaining two boys. The total cost of the drugs was put at N4,000.

Having paid transport fare from their home, first to LASUTH and then to LUTH, the total money left on the mother, a petty trader, and her husband was N1,850.

In frustration, they left for home hoping to raise money. By the time they got home some 30 minutes after, another of the boys had died. Few hours after, the third also died.

The Minister of Health, Prof. C.O. Onyebuchi Chukwu had recently lamented lamented that at present, there is no mechanism for emergency care in the country.

He noted that the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), which is voluntary, covers people in the public service only. Plans to expand it to accommodate more people, especially in the informal sector are still being worked out.

The minister, at an interactive session with health writers in Lagos, also disclosed that there were plans to make the present voluntary NHIS mandatory for every Nigerian citizen so that through it, many poor Nigerians can get health care.

``I am proud that the NHIS is working and we hope to make it mandatory, either by tax system or contribution,’’ he said.

Responding to a question on how to address demands by hospitals that patients pay before attending to emergencies, he said, “No hospital under my charge insists on payment before attending to emergencies”, but for the private hospitals, we encourage them."

He disclosed that a policy that will address that is currently being formulated, but it will go through a lot of process including the Presidential Summit on Universal Health Coverage.

His words, “What I am proposing is that there has to be some kind of mechanisms for emergencies, which government can guarantee. That way, you and I can fall back on that because emergency could affect anyone.

"You may be enjoying a meal and accidentally, you have a bone stuck somewhere in your throat and your life is in danger when you never thought it could happen. You can have emergency at anytime and under emergency, no one prepares for it.”

Chukwu said under these circumstances, the only way is to rely on insurance, if the affected person is an insurance policy holder and secondly, we are trying to develop a special fund that can be guaranteed by government.

He however appealed to Nigerians to take up some form of insurance.

If people fail to take insurance, Chukwu said there will be a problem, because someone must provide the funds for emergency care, otherwise hospitals handling emergencies without payment will ultimately close down.

Culled from Nigerian Compass

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/04/tragedy-woman-loses-triplets-over-n4000.html#more

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by rezzy: 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ah, beautiful beautiful children, shai, see wetin poverty cause.
But come to think of if, So for the past 9 months, the man/woman hasnt been saving any dine for the arrival of their babies? I put all the blame on them.
Same thing happened in my area on friday. A woman gave birth at home as usual (she gave birth to all her four children at home) she gave birth around 2 am by 3 am, they noticed that the baby wasnt breathing well. After calling on the pastor to pray, pastor adviced her to take the baby to the hospital, she said no money. Till 9 am before she carried the baby to the hospital by then, the baby was so weak. The baby later died that same day.
What i kept wondering is her saying no money but i always see her go to her saloon shop and besides if the baby had survived she for wear new clothes do owanbe.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Tinkybabe(f): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2013
Ikunle abiamo! This is sad..even though the bulk of the blame goes to the parents who didn't make adequate financial plan.That no one offered to help is disheartening as I'm sure they sought for help.

This is just too sad! Three babies!!! Haaaaa!The worst thing that could happen to anyone is to watch their kids die due to financial incapability.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by ifyalways(f): 9:46am On Apr 23, 2013
Pictures are definitely not of the said babies so I doubt the credibility of the story. Bloggers and traffic.

Nigerians are generally sympathetic to causes that have to do with babies.A whole community ,market women etc and no one could come up with 4K undecided

4 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2013
i know lot of people will come here and blame the system(though its already rotten) but i think the parents are at fault,what kind of person still give birth at home in this age! i pity those kids not their useless parent.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by greatgod2012(f): 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
Those babies in the picture do not look like new-born babies, however, i pity the parents and i also think they were been too careless, atleast, the pregnancy took them solid 9 months or even more, before delivery, how come they have not made adequate health and delivery preparation for the delivery, even, if it will have to be at a maternity centre, atleast, it would have been better than the risy they took.
"oyun osu mesan ko ye ko bani lojiji"
May God console them....... Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
may god never forgive the doctor

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
Life is a real biatch!!

R.I.P babies! I guess God didnt want you three to survive!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
sad embarassed
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
aanumama: i know lot of people will come here and blame the system(though its already rotten) but i think the parents are at fault,what kind of person still give birth at home in this age! i pity those kids not their useless parent.

People stil do my dear..

Not everyone is as educated as you are. You need to enter some places and see how far it is from the house to the nearest chemist, let alone hospital. Atleast they saw that the babies needed help and sort the help. Before you call the parents useless, try and walk half a mile in their shoes. If they couldnt afford 4000 naira, an Ante-natal she fit afford?! talkless of hospital bill..

Get real jor!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by sureteeboy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
That's the situation we find ourselves in In Nigeria. The rich are getting richer and d poor are getting poorer

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
sureteeboy: That's the situation we find ourselves in In Nigeria. The rich are getting richer and d poor are getting poorer

Even Jesus said it that we will always have the poor..

This has nothing to do with rich or poor. If we had a good system in place, where rich, middle class and poor all had equal access to good healthcare, the condition of those babies would have been known as at the ante-natal stage, her due date would have been know as well, doctors would have been on her case to attend to her, there would have been an ambulance with trained Paramedics to transport her from her house to the hospital, those drugs that the babies needed would have been in the hospital pharmacy and would have been dispensed first and questions asked later, she would have had good care and attention from atleast her second trimester till delivery..

BUT!! This is Nigeria.. Dats all[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by MichaelKing(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
Very very sad. Dat private suppose to pay for it
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by fm7070: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
This parent are the most useless and stewpid parent I've ever seen.
No decent preparation for visitors who has informed you of their coming 9months ago. What a negligence
the problem is not the 4,000 drugs but the carelessness and negligence of the parent.
If they had given birth successfully, the children would still have died, either medically or as a result of malnutrition.
Meanwhile, why must they bring children they can't take care to the world?
Lazy men have more children than the hardworking ones, because all their productive energy lies in their loins. The serious and hard working ones are smart and have higher mental capacity and productivity.
RIP to the little innocent angels.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by ninja4life(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rip such an avoidable incident,d parents are caught unawares, may dem have d fortitude to bear their loss.i'm expecting some people to say dat its those witches from their village dat caused it.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by eagleeye2: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifyalways: Pictures are definitely not of the said babies so I doubt the credibility of the story. Bloggers and traffic.

Nigerians are generally sympathetic to causes that have to do with babies.A whole community ,market women etc and no one could come up with 4K undecided

Ify, of recent you havee turned to a doubting Thomas. I don't know if the pix is of the babies. But the story reads credible enough.
They left home with 2,500. By the time they got to LUTH it was remaining 1850. They were asked to bring 4000 to buy drugs for the remaining two, since one has died on the way. By the time they will go and return, the two remaining babies have died.

RIP to the babies.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by ninja4life(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

People stil do my dear..

Not everyone is as educated as you are. You need to enter some places and see how far it is from the house to the nearest chemist, let alone hospital. Atleast they saw that the babies needed help and sort the help. Before you call the parents useless, try and walk half a mile in their shoes. If they couldnt afford 4000 naira, an Ante-natal she fit afford?! talkless of hospital bill..

Get real jor!
tanks jare even though dey also share of d fault dey cant be blamed entirely poverty and ignorance is really a disease dats why i will advise people not to have too much children than dey can take care of cos imagine d 3 babies didnt die imagine d sort of poverty and suffering dey are going to undergo wen d parent cant even get #4000 for treatment.we have a long way to go in nigeria and i believe educating dis people can solve part of d problems.those babies lost their lives in such a situation rip,i dont even know if i should be happy or sad for dem cos one cant predict wat d future holds for those wonderful babies
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
On one hand, This is a sad development but on the other hand they have gone back to their creator spotless than facing the problems and troubles of this life. May the RIP
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by AmeLonRo(m): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
God have mercy. wink
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Aouch poverty!!! Poverty!!! Poverty!!!,poverty is wicked to human kind. Chaii see what poverty has just triggered?,chaii may their innocent soul rest in peace.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Ardedaryor(m): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
When wil dis poverty be subsidize,we pray and wait for the messiah.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Life is a real biatch!!

that's a wicked statement! how could you say God doesn't want 3 of them to survive? Okija, na wa for you o! smh
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by adeokunade: 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
Don't mind my Yoruba bros and sis, assuming the kids survive u would have seen them killing cow and dancing wit Aso ebi and they can not save or borrow money to save the innocent children s life.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

People stil do my dear..

Get real jor!

from what i've read, i don't think she is registered in any clinic to begin with, i still stand by what i said they are responsible for what happened to them!they live in a room and parlour yet they can't afford antenatal! haba! some people are just careless. until they have medical issues some still insist "alagbo/ home delivery " is the best for them!

PS: she live in sango, i dont think its so rural that there won't be an health centre around.

i only pity those young lives that was wasted.
adeokunade: Don't mind my Yoruba bros and sis, assuming the kids survive u would have seen them killing cow and dancing wit Aso ebi and they can not save or borrow money to save the innocent children s life.

I'm certain the owanbe/aso ebi clothes are neatly fold up in her wardrobe now!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
rezzy: Ah, beautiful beautiful children, shai, see wetin poverty cause.
But come to think of if, So for the past 9 months, the man/woman hasnt been saving any dine for the arrival of their babies? I put all the blame on them.
Same thing happened in my area on friday. A woman gave birth at home as usual (she gave birth to all her four children at home) she gave birth around 2 am by 3 am, they noticed that the baby wasnt breathing well. After calling on the pastor to pray, pastor adviced her to take the baby to the hospital, she said no money. Till 9 am before she carried the baby to the hospital by then, the baby was so weak. The baby later died that same day.
What i kept wondering is her saying no money but i always see her go to her saloon shop and besides if the baby had survived she for wear new clothes do owanbe.
it is such a pity that nigerians place more value on money and mundane things than human beings.it is quite sad how this infants passed away by the stewpeedity of the parents,the insensitivity of the federal ministry of health and the health workers inclusive.may God forgive all those people who indirectly have a hand in the death of these infants
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
gboss4sure: On one hand, This is a sad development but on the other hand they have gone back to their creator spotless than facing the problems and troubles of this life. May the RIP
as much as i am sad about their death,i am also happy they died,being that it is better they live with their creator than come into a family and suffer hunger,misery,no light,land lord came to harass their parents and the squalor associated with people living around one room.if the parents could not afford 4k to save their lives,what gives you the impression that they will not suffer hunger and deprivation as they grow talkless of their parents sending them to school
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Sirniyeh(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
We should stop ascribing all blames to poverty! Who caused the poverty? Poverty is the product of the MIND. Every individual is the achitect of his destiny. So, thats the consequency of illiteracy. 9 months is too enough to prepare welcoming a visitor. Imagine, if all their offerings and tithes since 9 months were saved, they could have saved the babies from demise. But their pastor kept them in suspense that God will do miracle till after nine months that all proved abortive. All nine months prayers, tithes, offerings, pledges and fasting could not save the babies. Foolish parents. Na now their eyes go open! Abi na God's will for the babies to die like tha? Because na now den go dey preach say God sabi all........i cant pity them jare
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
fm7070: This parent are the most useless and stewpid parent I've ever seen.
No decent preparation for visitors who has informed you of their coming 9months ago. What a negligence
the problem is not the 4,000 drugs but the carelessness and negligence of the parent.
If they had given birth successfully, the children would still have died, either medically or as a result of malnutrition.
Meanwhile, why must they bring children they can't take care to the world?
Lazy men have more children than the hardworking ones, because all their productive energy lies in their loins. The serious and hard working ones are smart and have higher mental capacity and productivity.
RIP to the little innocent angels.
gbam.you have said it all

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by anukulapo: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Life is a real biatch!!

I'll rather God wants us to pay more attention to our love and concern about one another.

I know if it was an issue that'll have allowed more time,even if it's in 6 digits, NLders would have raised a lot. 4,000 for 3 lives...bad enough for the people directly involved.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
O lagbara
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by lawizle(m): 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
Tinkybabe: Ikunle abiamo! This is sad..even though the bulk of the blame goes to the parents who didn't make adequate financial plan.That no one offered to help is disheartening as I'm sure they sought for help.

This is just too sad! Three babies!!! Haaaaa!The worst thing that could happen to anyone is to watch their kids die due to financial incapability.

Wat do you think life means wen it said its not a bed of roses? If you don't prepare for anything in ds life..there's a high probability you will wail in d end....."bitter truth"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Sad / She Left Me After My Effort With My Kid / What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.