Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? (31024 Views)

Anyone Old Enough To Remember These Indian Movies? / Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Habeebpain(m): 10:43pm On May 03, 2013
The one of the two brothers (twins) is Ghazab. I love the scene when his brother's soul entered into him and his shirt tore and you could see the yellow flesh. I think his brother was pushed from a cliff. The dad owned a tea plantation. Very nice movie.
Other movies I like are Gharaffter, Sholay and Kaalia.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by kaykomo: 11:11pm On May 03, 2013
Like this thread but ♍Ɣ question is, can we get these movies? The one that made me cry was mother Indian, ‎​i started crying when ‎​i saw ♍Ɣ eldest brother crying at a point when their mother was trying to feed the kids by a stream. emotional touching movies.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by koeman(m): 11:31pm On May 03, 2013
nikkypearl: is toofan d story of d 2friends dat do toss coin?I can't remember d title of dat 1,very insteresting too

Naaaa. That's Sholay! It starred 3 of India's best actors of all time: Amrish Puri, Dharmendra & Amitabh Bachchan
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by darkashes(m): 11:38pm On May 03, 2013
nikkypearl: Back in those days,people really love indian movies without getting bored!I could remember these three movies made me cry.Which of these movies made u cry?or any other indian movie in the 1980s that made u cry?
MARD-release date(10th oct 1985)
Duration(2hrs:57mins)

THE BURNING TRAIN-release date(3rd Feb 1980)
Duration(2hrs:5mins)

TERIMANBANIYAN-release date(28th July 1985)
Duration(2hrs:45mins)

THE PROMISE-release date(15th April 1990)
Duration(2hrs:50mins)
Share yours!

grin grin grin indiana jones was the only india movie that made me cry when i watched it cool cool cool
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by koeman(m): 11:43pm On May 03, 2013
lola.luv:
I've seen these classics....

Mard
Burning Train
Teri Mebaniyan
The Promise
Disco Dancer
Toofan
Mother India
Najin the snake girl.

Then there was one where a rich guy was murdered for his wealth and he tried communicating with his bro to no avail.

His ghost later entered his brother's body when he was about to be killed and gave him strength to escape.

There's this other one that the girl was disfigured on one part of her face.

And the boss that was to be feared was always Mogambo with his wild moustache.

@Lola.Luv: that's Ghazab & the girl with disfigured face is entitled SITYAM SUTYAM SUNDARAM.the girl's name is Rupa played by the beautiful Zeenat Aman who also starred in the classic Dharamveer
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:27am On May 04, 2013
nikkypearl: Back in those days,people really love indian movies without getting bored!I could remember these three movies made me cry.Which of these movies made u cry?or any other indian movie in the 1980s that made u cry?
MARD-release date(10th oct 1985)
Duration(2hrs:57mins)

THE BURNING TRAIN-release date(3rd Feb 1980)
Duration(2hrs:5mins)

TERIMANBANIYAN-release date(28th July 1985)
Duration(2hrs:45mins)

THE PROMISE-release date(15th April 1990)
Duration(2hrs:50mins)
Share yours!
THE PROMISE
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by tshegs19: 12:34am On May 04, 2013
MARD!!! MARD!!! MARD!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by lee007(m): 1:15am On May 04, 2013
TERIMANBANIYAN!!!
The mere mention of this movie brings me to tears....sweet memories from my wonderful childhood....I miss those days men!
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by scarter75: 1:50am On May 04, 2013
1. Amar, akbar and Anthony
2. Sunita the snake girl
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 2:50am On May 04, 2013
Nostalgic thread. Where can indian movies be downloaded. Both new and oldies.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by mufutau55(m): 3:31am On May 04, 2013
Mother India will make anyone cry. This is a movie full of misery.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by goldolu: 6:12am On May 04, 2013
lola.luv:
I've seen these classics....

Mard
Burning Train
Teri Mebaniyan
The Promise
Disco Dancer
Toofan
Mother India
Najin the snake girl.
Ama, Akbar and Antony
Dus Unambari
Bobby
Beetab
Sunny
Kabi Kabi
Etc Indian films were more of the Hausas delicacies,they where fun in those days
They usualy make one shed tears

Then there was one where a rich guy was murdered for his wealth and he tried communicating with his bro to no avail.

His ghost later entered his brother's body when he was about to be killed and gave him strength to escape.

There's this other one that the girl was disfigured on one part of her face.

And the boss that was to be feared was always Mogambo with his wild moustache.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Titleist: 6:29am On May 04, 2013
Lots of emotional movies listed sha. If I had to pick one prolly go with Arzoo (1965) cos this was my introductory movie to bollywood and the story line is just magnificent!...I have most movies that reminds me of my childhood dayz...just a handfull of my collection

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by eby35(m): 7:09am On May 04, 2013
gud to remember, d great burning train. D sound track is jaminaaa Hahahahahahahahaha jamin d girl Hahahahahahahahaha jaminkamana

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by friendl: 7:12am On May 04, 2013
To me,mother india
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by ABMC(m): 7:34am On May 04, 2013
There is this old Indian film that 3 brothers sang and display 'KARATE' skills. I watched it in the 80s, too young to remember details. Anybody with idea of names of indian films with karate features should kindly help.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Bec(f): 7:39am On May 04, 2013
The promise ( yeh vah dah raha) made me cry; where Sunita had the accident.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Mikel276: 7:47am On May 04, 2013
I remember nagin the snake girl and mother india,mother india was a tear jerker,there was this other one about a man and his dog,d dog actually cried when the man died,don't know d title

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by dopeJemi: 7:59am On May 04, 2013
ABMC: There is this old Indian film that 3 brothers sang and display 'KARATE' skills. I watched it in the 80s, too young to remember details. Anybody with idea of names of indian films with karate features should kindly help.

Is it Amar, Akbar, anthony? Dah 1 dat anthony jumped 4rm d stairs in d Last fight

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 04, 2013
for me amar akuba anthony nd aDaraam vee , watching now on my laptop
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by pweetymama(f): 10:12am On May 04, 2013
grin Burning train and mard.infact,I had to hide my tears so I won't be laughed at.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Gifurat: 10:27am On May 04, 2013
PROMISE for sure...watch it on black & white TV...i was unable to hold back the water from my eyes
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Eben2: 10:40am On May 04, 2013
I always cry each time i watch THE PROMISE and TERIMEREBANIYAN. If you are yet to see "the promise" get it and i assure you you'll feel pity even if you dont cry.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by raphealolami(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2013
nikkypearl: yeahhhh!sholay is d title of d two friends dat do toast coin 2make decisions!mehn I cried when his friend died!tnk jawe

Hati meh sati
Amtap and dramendra
Toofan
Darraam and via

(wrong spellings though)
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by raphealolami(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2013
nikkypearl: yeahhhh!sholay is d title of d two friends dat do toast coin 2make decisions!mehn I cried when his friend died!tnk jawe

Hati meh sati
Amtap and dramendra
Toofan
Darraam and via
Gazzab

(wrong spellings though) to be continued.......... Good old days
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by denzel2009: 11:03am On May 04, 2013
Yemi My Lover.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 04, 2013
Pls NL pals...which site can i download korean movies like City hunter or a
man called God?
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Oloriatoke(f): 11:58am On May 04, 2013
mard
terimerebaniyan
the promise
burningtrain
i am disco dancer
sholay

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by GentleJ2: 12:03pm On May 04, 2013
ABMC: There is this old Indian film that 3 brothers sang and display 'KARATE' skills. I watched it in the 80s, too young to remember details. Anybody with idea of names of indian films with karate features should kindly help.
they wer 2 brothers. D title was KARATE. I still remember d karate song. It was touchin wen dey finally re-united wit their mother.
Burnin train n ghazab were sensational too.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 04, 2013
All this india films u people re talkin about which site can i download it
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Policewoman(f): 1:13pm On May 04, 2013
cry
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Policewoman(f): 1:13pm On May 04, 2013
Yea. The Burning train made me cry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Arthur Eze, Onunkwo, Uche Nwosu Attend Project SSN Event / BBNaija S6: "He Has Magic Hands", Nini Says As Saga Massages Her Neck / Genevieve Hosts "Gulder Ultimate Search Celebrity Showdown"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.