Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

A One-way Ticket To Mars, Apply Now - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A One-way Ticket To Mars, Apply Now (1024 Views)

One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse / Cost Of One Way Ticket To Us / One-way Ticket To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A One-way Ticket To Mars, Apply Now by FXKing2012(m): 4:13am On Apr 23, 2013
(CNN) -- Step right up and prove why you should get a one-way ticket to Mars! Well, wait -- you might want to know a little more about the venture first.

A Dutch company called Mars One began looking Monday for volunteer astronauts to fly to Mars. Departure for the Red Planet is scheduled for 2022, landing seven months later in 2023.

The space travelers will return ... never. They will finish out their lives on Mars, representatives from the nonprofit said.

"It's likely that there will be a crematorium," said CEO Bas Lansdorp. "It's up to the people on Mars to decide what to do with their dead."

Still, the company said it has received more than 10,000 e-mails from interested would-be spacefarers. The one-way ticket makes the mission possible because it greatly reduces costs, and the technology for a return flight doesn't exist, according to Mars One's website. At a news conference, Lansdorp maintained that "no new inventions are needed to land humans on Mars."

Continue reading... www.cnn.com/2013/04/22/world/mars-one-way-ticket/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
Re: A One-way Ticket To Mars, Apply Now by FXKing2012(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ticket is still available.
Re: A One-way Ticket To Mars, Apply Now by specialguest(f): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2013
Are you their agent tongue? Well i prefer to live and die on this planet, i dont want to go to mars where they would have to drink recycled urine and eat canned foods for the rest of their lives. And did you read the part where they said bathing with water is not an option? Naaaa i love to shower twice a day with bucket full of water grin so i cant go. When are you taking off? Lolz

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Move Back To Nigeria (tip 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10) / Policemen Arrests Soldier And Other Traffic Offenders At Mile 2 Lagos (Pics) / 5 Reasons Your Nigerian Passport Should Have A Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.