Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,292 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:56 AM

Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan (1454 Views)

In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. / How Long Will It Take Nigeria To Fix This (photo) / I Did Not Make A First Class So I Cannot Take Nigeria To The Moon- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by White007(m): 5:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Next generation must take Nigeria to moon - Jonathan

by ALLWELL OKPI

President Goodluck Jonathan, on Saturday, described the present generation of Nigerians as the transformational generation, saying the next generation must take the country to the moon.

Jonathan said this at the inauguration and opening of the Rock Cathedral Metropolitan Church of Christ in Lagos.

Jonathan described the current unpleasant experiences in the country, as the caterpillar stage in the development of a butterfly, saying the challenges were necessary for the country's development.

"We all need to work hard to make sure that our children will inherit a better Nigeria. This is a transformational generation. The next generation that will take over from us must take Nigeria to the moon," he said.

The President further described the cathedral as "an achievement of science and technology and one of arts and great faith."

He said, "It stands as a visible sign of the presence of God in our lives. It signifies one of the main ways children of God can glorify His name. It's also a demonstration of the fact that we, as Nigerians, can attain great achievements in any endeavour, where we put our energy, industry and determination.

"Embodied in this place are the spirits of charity, partnership and considerations, which are the foundations of love, the most important thing in Christianity and in most of the world's religion. Clearly, it is the love of God and humanity that has stirred Pastor Paul Adefarasin to conceive and execute this impressive project, and include in it elements of human capital and community development and health care delivery.

"If we all do our parts, no matter how small, Nigeria will be a great nation.

He also thanked Nigerian youths and reassured them that the Federal Government would continue to work towards a better country.

"When we work together, just like House on the Rock did to build this edifice, there is nowhere we cannot reach," he said.

The former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Mr. Tony Blair, who was the guest of honour at the ceremony, described the cathedral as an extraordinary achievement and a sign of the greatness Nigeria could achieve if it worked hard on developing its potential.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/apr/21/809.html
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by splashbaby(m): 6:07am On Apr 23, 2013
Ok..We will grab land when we get there...Place wey Americans don turn to play ground already. On a serious note Nigeria can still achieve her potentials, but race to the moon is not one of those agenda oga GEJ. With our Azonto dancing youths, entertainment is the key and not science. We should focus on our area of strengths.
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 23, 2013
No be only moon, na room. Mr president i beleive you watched live how the US Gov't fought the so called terrorist that was responsible for Boston bombing? Wake up my oga at the top.

3 Likes

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Artless360(m): 6:29am On Apr 23, 2013
Hmmm whc 1hav u taken us to DOOM***mstwww
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by toshacer: 7:01am On Apr 23, 2013
splashbaby: Ok..We will grab land when we get there...Place wey Americans don turn to play ground already. On a serious note Nigeria can still achieve her potentials, but race to the moon is not one of those agenda oga GEJ. With our Azonto dancing youths, entertainment is the key and not science. We should focus on our area of strengths.

See your line of thought.
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by splashbaby(m): 7:04am On Apr 23, 2013
tosh_acer:

See your line of thought.
You haven't shared any? Is Azonto not what they appear to be doing best...and perhaps yahoo yahoo and the plus...of the three Azonto is the most acceptable for now. Go to WAEC and go through their records and you will credit Azonto as way out..it sound absurd but very close to the truth

1 Like

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Enegod(m): 7:04am On Apr 23, 2013
i will take Nigeria to jupiter...
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 23, 2013
For that moon whalia tahlia na me go be president and landlord in chief there or ..................... Everybody go back to en village joor
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 7:17am On Apr 23, 2013
Better start equipping that next generation now, with the right tools to enable them carryout this feat.

undecided undecidedTalk is indeed very Cheap! sad
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by FrankC3: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2013
Yomii: No be only moon, na room. Mr president i beleive you watched live how the US Gov't fought the so called terrorist that was responsible for Boston bombing? Wake up my oga at the top.

I believe you also watch how Americans respond when their President share his dream of next generation energy source that is cleaner and more environmentally friendly. How come Nigerians want their President to respond to issues like the American President but are themselves not willing to behave like Americans?

All I see is people projecting their individual failures all around them and all over the internet to mean the failure of anyone else but them. Pathetic!!

2 Likes

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Tolexander: 7:18am On Apr 23, 2013
Before the next president can achieve taking us to the moon, the incumbent president should have at least get us up to a very far height above the atmosphere.

Taking about transformation using a caterpillar of an insect, has he forgotten that not all caterpillars reach the pupa stage let alone the adult stage.

1 Like

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by toshacer: 7:22am On Apr 23, 2013
Tolexander: Before the next president can achieve taking us to the moon, the incumbent president should have at least get us up to a very far height above the atmosphere.

Taking about transformation using a caterpillar of an insect, has he forgotten that not all caterpillars reach the pupa stage let alone the adult stage.

LOL. Did he talk about Presidents taking us to the moon? He is literarily saying the next generation should work towards making Nigeria great, not the next President. LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by FrankC3: 7:34am On Apr 23, 2013
vanstanzy: Better start equiping that next generation now, with the right tools to enable them carryout this feat. Talk is indeed very Cheap!

Talk is indeed cheap...We watched how the country decorated our Engineers, most of them younger than you and probably busier than you and I to post actively on the internet, with honors for successful launch of the last Nigerian Satellite. Those young boys and girls understood that talk is indeed cheap, that was why they ACTED and placed a satellite adorned with our national colors in the orbit. Unfortunately, your kind of mindset has so polluted this country that the young people find government to blame for their generational failures, be it failure at the olympics to research to science and technology.

Today, the government is doing a lot of work in incubating the right kind of knowledge. From the very many available FG sponsored scholarship for our 1st class products to the ones being done by State government, and most recently by Ondo State government. Probably, you and I did not make a 1st class and even when we did, we chose the oil majors, but some that really decided to ACT have been on government payroll for the past years, studying in the best schools in the world and preparing for the launch of the dream the President is sharing. Those guys have got no time for NL and Facebook and you can't find them here to share their idea but we know that they are there doing their things and sustaining our satellites and nuclear reactors.

Now, why not relax and see what they make out of the situation, since you are and are not even qualified or unwilling to chose further rigors of research and class room work to the posh and lovely life that Shell and Chevron brings. You know what, they are the heroes, WE are the cowards!!! They ACTED on a dream, YOU suppressed the dream and even poison it.
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Tolexander: 7:38am On Apr 23, 2013
tosh_acer:

LOL. Did he talk about Presidents taking us to the moon? He is literarily saying the next generation should work towards making Nigeria great, not the next President. LOL.
it is the president leading the transformation he is talking about right now. And it will take another president to lead us to the moon
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 23, 2013
They keep telling the young ones that they are the leaders of tomorrow yet the old mo'r'ons have monopolized government and politics.

The same Ty Danjuma that was instrumental to the 1966 coup is still active in politics including IBB,OBJ,Annenih,Abdul salam and so many others with their senile and archaic mentality and I wonder when the so called next generation will make their own inputs to national development.

Even beside that,nepotism and tribalism won't let the best of Nigeria to surface as the likes of Tukur have fixed their corrupt children into every available position in power.My advice to the ordinary Nigerian is to ignore these politicians when they try to defraud you by calling you "leaders of tomorrow".the elites are the yesterday,today and tomorrow of Nigeria.

Its a scam !
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2013
No be only moon, na Pluto! Cluelessness at it's peak. smh

1 Like

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013
White007: Next generation must take Nigeria to moon - Jonathan

"When we work together, just like House on the Rock did to build this edifice, there is nowhere we cannot reach," he said.

^^^^This right here sums up how daft and how much of a hick this man is!! undecided undecided

#ThatIsAll undecided
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by na2day(m): 10:15am On Apr 23, 2013
Oga sleeping Jona!
I hail o grin
I love the way you always talk your way out of people's expectation of you grin
Imagine, shifting the goal post again?
Why not start the moon race now? it will cost less than 5billion dollars.
A private company is looking for people to send to mars to start a colony there on a one way ticket, the estimated cost of the entire project is 6 billion dollars.
The money you and your cronies are misappropriating per year is in multiples of these figures.
So why not do the unusual thing and start this project now, instead of waiting for the next generation of leaders!
Mtsheew"

2 Likes

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by White007(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Next generation must take Nigeria to moon
- not with the way our present crop of leaders are governing the country. How will that be possible when they continue to take the country to a destructive path. Where are the incentives that will galvanize the youth and steer them towards that goal?
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by redsun(m): 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
He probably think jesus dwells there and that he will miraculously send angels to take them there.

He should be talking about the nest generation taking nigeria to the farms to first of all,adequately feed themselves.Then the following generation will be comfortable enough as humans to start thinking of mechanisms that puts metals in motion.
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
How about first making Nigerian universities some of the best in the world. You don't land on the moon with scientists who have never seen the inside of a real lab.

3 Likes

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by tyson55(m): 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
Aigbofa: How about first making Nigerian universities some of the best in the world. You don't land on the moon with scientists who have never seen the inside of a real lab.

Word!
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by nifemi01(m): 5:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
Don't worry mr president, we won't stop at the moon we go push further carry una reach sun.
One more suggestion, make we tag this one vision '1:3030'.
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
Na waa o,, moon don turn oshodi lipsrsealed
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Tolexander: 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
[size=18pt] "Lift Off"
(with Jay-Z)
(feat. Beyonce)
[/size]
(All engines running)
[Beyonce:]
We gon’ take it to the moon, take
it to the stars
How many people you know can
take it this far?
I’m supercharged
I’m ’bout to take this whole thing
to Mars
Now we gon’ take it to the moon,
take it to the stars
You don’t know what we been
through to make it this far
So many scars
‘Bout to take this whole thing to
Mars
[Kanye West:]
Lift off
Lift off, takin’ my coat off
Showin’ my tattoos, I’m such a
showoff (Huh?)
I feel the pain and then rolled off
I got the whole city, they about
to go off
How many niggas wit’ me up in
this bitch?
How many people wanna roll
with me now?
Like you know na na na, you
know me by now
Know me, know me by now
it to the stars
take it this far?
I’m supercharged
to Mars
take it to the stars
So many scars
Mars
(Lift off, ahh, ahh)
[Kanye West:]
Like you know na na na, you
know me by now
Know me, know me by now
You know me know me by now
Know me, know me by now…
[Jay-Z:]
Lift off
Rappers hear watch the throne
They gon be pissed off
Earth is boring to em
Shit is making my dick soft
When you Earnhart as me
eventually you hit a big wall
5-4-3-2 we need fuel
Lift off
it to the stars
take it this far?
I’m supercharged
to Mars
take it to the stars
So many scars
Mars
(20 seconds and counting)
(T-minus 15 seconds, guidance is
internal)
(12, 11, 10, 9)
(Ignition sequence start)
(6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
(Zero, all engine running)
(Lift off, we have a liftoff)
(We gon’ take it to the moon,
take it to the stars)
(We gon’ take it to the moon,
take it to the stars)
(How many people you know can
take it this far?)
(Take it to the stars)
(How many people you know can
take it this far?)
(Now we gon’, now we gon’,
now we gon’…)
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
Frank-C:

I believe you also watch how Americans respond when their President share his dream of next generation energy source that is cleaner and more environmentally friendly. How come Nigerians want their President to respond to issues like the American President but are themselves not willing to behave like Americans?
Nigerians don't need to think like Americans before the president initiate changes. If the president for instance can tackle the issues of insecurity in the country, Nigerians will think a little bit like Americans. The president is like the head and Nigerians are the body; if the head is faulty, the whole body will equally be faulty. The president should wake up if he want us to think like the whites.

All I see is people projecting their individual failures all around them and all over the internet to mean the failure of anyone else but them. Pathetic!!

It may be pathetic but the truth must be told. I know we are all working to be a successful being despite the global economic recession; but what efforts have government made to provide job for Graduates? Corpers who lost their lives in the North, what did the Gov't do about them? Instead, they keep ditching hansome reward on the clueless super eagles just for winning nation cup. Who do you think serve the nation better.. Corpers or Super Eagles. The Gov't should wake up.
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by 50calibre(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
This president don talk nonsense again. Is he hallucinating or what? Jonathan set realistic and achievable goals not building castles in the air. Focus on laying a solid foundation so that the next generation can have access to good education, healthcare and food first before talking of moon and embarrassing yourself.

The US is the only country to place a man on the moon, a feat they may never repeat again, talk much of Nigeria. 300 years would pass before Nigeria gets to the moon

1 Like

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by bobo09: 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
Only if Jonathan can help us fix ELECTRICITY then he should talk about moon...
Mr Jona, no b shoe u no get dat time u dey go school but Br**n
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
All Nigerians need is electricity, portable water, good roads, good medical facilities. I can't temember Nigerians ever asking the government for Moon. Give them what they ask for and save us the Moon horseshit.

1 Like

Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by bobo09: 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
I jst pity d presido, infact he is out of ideas
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by LFJ: 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
I can't stop imagine what Mr. President has done within the last four years to empower the youth that will take us to the moon. You have the mandate and privillege today to prepare the youth if truly you are hoping for better Nigeria.
Re: Next Generation Must Take Nigeria To Moon - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
build a world class hospital first and provide free health care to all children under 12 first - only moon!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi / Jonathan Can't Dictate To Us! 6yrs Tenure Must Start In 2015 ––senate Dares Pres / Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.