Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Tell Us About The City Where You Live - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (160547 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Gamine(f): 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2008
I tire for Nairalanders.

The topic said, Tell us about THE CITY, where you live.

next thing, people are posting pictures of where them eye neva see koro koro.

nawa o.

English language hard no be smalls.

the thread has turned to spam now, pity.

@Ugogal

You can stay in Deira City, its reasonably priced, you can find cheap hotel apartments too.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by SamMilla1(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2008
I dont think this google earth images are relevant.
This thread says 'city you live'

Apparently you dont live in all these places.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by NaijaBarbi(f): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
LOL  undecided @ Nigeria 1//

what kind of waste of space be that,  all that link rubbish? which one is ur city now

Lol@ mofe-doko -

i agree o. posting pictures of hell would be accurate for this whole world we call earth we live in
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Nigeria4: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2008
You people are nigerian, you should care what your country looks like and not where you now call home. This other countries have built thier countries.

Are you people ashame of yours. Can you post the picture of your villages here, ?
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by mooretes: 12:39am On Nov 05, 2008
aa
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by NaijaBarbi(f): 12:59am On Nov 05, 2008
Nigeria1//:

You people are nigerian, you should care what your country looks like and not where you now call home. This other countries have built their countries.

Are you people ashame of yours. Can you post the picture of your villages here, ?

abeg,nobody is ashamed of naija jo- if everyone posted pics of the country it would take up unnecessary space. anyhow the thread just says put the city you live in. meaning one. its not a case of being ashamed. we already know what naija looks like. We want to see pics of inner city. the streets of our local naija, abi? For some of us the place we call home is where we were born or where we currently live. Naija or not.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by plusQueen: 1:06am On Nov 05, 2008
I live in a great city.
Love it,love it,love it!!
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by vronnie(f): 2:01am On Nov 05, 2008
I live in Maryland here are some pic's

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by FifiO(f): 11:10am On Nov 05, 2008
Hey, MALAIKA, love your article about Pretoria & your views on S.A , I need you help me out with some research I am doing., pls mail at cml_wa @yahoo.com
thanks.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by SimiBrasil(f): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2008
BRAZIL !!!

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by favcom(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2008
Guess where this is,

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by sherrylo: 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2008
Anyone to tell me about Mauritius with pictures please I want to visit very soon.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by AKO1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2008
favcom:

Guess where this is,

Eko ile for sure! The last pic looks like the bridge over Ikorodu road, going towards Lagos/Ibadan Expressway/3rd mainland.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by TopeFl(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2008
See as pple dey waste space with google earth. Kai kai kai, this is too bad!
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Tegese: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2008
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by favcom(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2008
A_K_O:

Eko ile for sure! The last pic looks like the bridge over Ikorodu road, going towards Lagos/Ibadan Expressway/3rd mainland.
U too mush my guy wink cheesy cheesy

But u've got to prove that you're a geographer than this o cool cool cool

Check these out

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by ayobase(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2008
ajegunle,
I will be right back
for the pics!!!!
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by AKO1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2008
favcom:

U too mush my guy wink cheesy cheesy

But u've got to prove that you're a geographer than this o cool cool cool

Check these out

1. Ikorodu road
2. Same place as before
3.Oshodi market
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by davidif: 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2008
cadet

are you really in Miami?? I heard the girls there are way much hotter than the rest of America. Unfortunately, i am stuck in the midwest (the southwest to be specific) and they have some of the most average looking girls on the planet, they are all just a bunch of midwestern plain janes, and DON'T even get me started on the Nigerian girls here.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by favcom(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2008
And who said Lagos doesn't have streetlights

I'm sure A_K_O wouldn't even attempt this grin

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by nazzyon(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2008
It is not as if Nigerian cities do not have good sites like any other city in the world.

We may not have the finest or the biggest towers, beaches, recreational centres but we have amazing tourist sites that marvels any tourist.

I take it as most Nigerians post pictures of the poverty ravaged locations because we want to remind not only ourselves but other Nigerians claiming to be foreigner that the places left behind still remains the same.

It is funny  because most of the people posting the picture of those beautiful locations on the this thread would rather remain abroad because having anything to do with Nigeria reminds them of who they were and who they are.

They prefer to ignore the truth about their root and simply choose to be who they are not.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Funny, the people they are trying to be like do not give a damn about them.

___
___

I read an article on Sky.com website today talking about the Brits and blacks (Obama)

Read: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Racism-In-Labour-Party-Would-Block-A-British-Barack-Obama-Says-Watchdog-Chief/Article/200811215147184

I have nothing else to say.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by LoveAlways(f): 12:39am On Nov 10, 2008
[center]CHICAGO[/center]

Chicago Skyline

Navy Pier

Chicago has a lot of Brownstone building where people live near the city.

Chicago subway train

How the train looks on the inside. 

Chicago style pizza, mmmmmm - I want some now

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chicago style hotdogs are also popular.  They are made with beef instead of pork.

Downtown near the lake, drummers and dancers gather for a freestyle session.

The Reflection Bean -- Newest collection to Chicago's city art.

I Love Chicago!
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by shagry1(m): 6:46am On Nov 10, 2008
my visit to ski on weekend
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by shagry1(m): 7:28am On Nov 10, 2008
ski dubai

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by shagry1(m): 7:36am On Nov 10, 2008
ski dubai

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by sima(f): 7:54am On Nov 10, 2008
0k!. . if u havent noticed, i am as lazy as d laziest thing in dis world . . so therefore, i will not be writing an essay on my city, i'll just copy n' paste 4rm wikipedia grin hope u dont mind sha grin because u have no choice tongue
BRB
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by sima(f): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2008
which kin thing be dis. . where do i start nw angry
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by sima(f): 7:57am On Nov 10, 2008
Calgary (IPA: /ˈkælgəriː/) is the largest city in the province of Alberta, Canada. It is located in the south of the province, in an area of foothills and high plains, approximately 80 km (50 mi) east of the front ranges of the Canadian Rockies. The city is located in the Parkland region of Alberta. Calgary is the third largest civic municipality, by population, in Canada. As of the 2008 civic census, Calgary's population was 1,042,892.[3] The metropolitan population (CMA) was 1,162,310 in 2006,[4] making Greater Calgary the fifth largest census metropolitan area in the country. Because it is located 298 km (185 mi) due south of Edmonton, statisticians define the narrow populated area between these cities as the "Calgary-Edmonton Corridor".[5] Calgary is the largest Canadian metropolitan area between Toronto and Vancouver. A resident of Calgary is known as a Calgarian.

Calgary is well-known as a destination for winter sports and ecotourism with a number of major mountain resorts near the city and metropolitan area. Economic activity in Calgary is mostly centred on the petroleum industry; however, agriculture, tourism, and high-tech industries also contribute to the city's fast economic growth. Calgary holds many major annual festivals which include the Calgary Stampede, the Folk Music Festival, the Lilac Festival, One Yellow Rabbit High Performance Rodeo — Calgary's International Festival of the Arts, Wordfest: Banff-Calgary International Writers Festival, Calgary International Spoken Word Festival, One World Festival (GlobalFest), and the fourth largest Caribbean festival in the country (Carifest). In 1988, Calgary became the first Canadian city to host the Olympic Winter Games, and one of the fastest long track speed skating ice rinks in the world was built at the University of Calgary to accommodate these Games.

Calgary was ranked the world's cleanest city by Mercer Quality of Living in a survey published in 2007 by Forbes magazine.[6]

aite, dats it.
i hope i did a great job coping and pasting. . thanks 4 d honour tongue
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by sima(f): 8:11am On Nov 10, 2008
nw. .  d one i'm best at  cheesy PICTURES  cool

dats d stupid c-train in calgary. .  annoyin.
it takes 4 like eva to arrive. .  pshhhhhhhhh
we have more dan one. .  incase u were wonderin  tongue

[img]http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~wyatt/alltime/pics/calgary-CT2043.jpg[/img]
i think dis is calgary, i'm not sure because i'm not sure where dat needle tower in d pix came 4rm (if u know what i'm talkin about). .  it's suppose to be in ottawa or toronto. . i'm not reli gud at calgary's history, so my bad

dats small part of my school. .  i cant find d remainin parts  tongue

inside d gym. .  it's pretty big thou
n' dats mi makin d basket. . . Oops, i'm not white
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by sima(f): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2008
i'll be back wit more. . my head is achin, i've never done so much work in my life like dis before
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by favcom(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2008
@ sima wink
If u look very well, this thread ain't about copying and pasting stuff from other sites
We want u to post pictures from your creep and comment on them if possible smiley
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by sima(f): 10:41am On Nov 10, 2008
thanks 4 d hint grin. .  but meanwhile, vamous 4 my way i have to break them rules in d main time  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / My Monthly Savings In Canada / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.