Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Can I Come Back And Marry Her? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Come Back And Marry Her? (3249 Views)

Switzerland, Here I Come! / America Here I Come / Should I Come Back To This Hopeless Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2013
My name is step84, am 33yrs
Thanks to everyone for taking the pains to read my story, I really need your advice on this; I have a girlfriend that we have been in a relationship for a very long time (10 yrs) and we planned to get married soon, God willing. Now I want to travel to the US which I know I will stay there based on some options highlighted to me. I want to ask, will it still be possible for us to get married, how can I go about achieving that and how soon would that be, if possible? Thank you in anticipation for your useful contributions.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
To be honest, you are very stubborn and will only learn from experience and by then, It would be too late to reverse and full of regret:

base on your last thread, You have a visit visa, which does not entitle you to work in the US, and you are thinking of going there to settle with it.

You have no friends or relation to assist you, no degree etc

The minimum years which you can get a US passport is 5years, (thats if you came as a PR at first legally), which means you will have to file for her in at least 5 years to come for permanent residency (thats if you are successful with your plans)

I am sure you do not want to stay away from her that long again

I would advice you settle in Nigeria for now, and work out better ways of immigrating, not through visiting.

Its high likely you will regret your decision, but I hope it will not be too late then

9 Likes

Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Yvete(f): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
@ Poster
You need to chill and think critically before hopping on a plane. If you know deep down in your heart that you're coming over here to 'hustle', be open about it and maybe you can get few heads up on what to do. You're not the first Nigerian to abscond anyways, no biggie!

It's obvious you're not coming to school here (well, for now) so stay back over there. Even if you're present in the US, schools will request proof of funding/sponsorship before releasing your I-20. Why are you in such a rush? Get skilled - barber, tailor, mechanic($$ grin ).. before coming over. Your girlfriend would have to wait at least 5+ years before she joins you. undecided shocked

1 Like

Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by kpolli(m): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
Step84: My name is step84, am 33yrs
Thanks to everyone for taking the pains to read my story, I really need your advice on this; I have a girlfriend that we have been in a relationship for a very long time (10 yrs) and we planned to get married soon, God willing. Now I want to travel to the US which I know I will stay there based on some options highlighted to me. I want to ask, will it still be possible for us to get married, how can I go about achieving that and how soon would that be, if possible? Thank you in anticipation for your useful contributions.

10 yrs and u never marry am shocked shocked shocked shocked

Your the kind of guy, girls bind and cast nowadays

1 Like

Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Mamacita007(f): 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
kpolli: 10 yrs and u never marry am shocked shocked shocked shocked

kpollliiiii where will he see money for marriage?but he has her in mind & dats good becos most pple will just fashy their girlfreind like dat grin grin
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by kpolli(m): 12:36am On Apr 24, 2013
Mamacita007:

kpollliiiii where will he see money for marriage?but he has her in mind & dats good becos most pple will just fashy their girlfreind like dat grin grin

He couldn't have been broke for 10yrs.... he still myt
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Yvete(f): 1:35am On Apr 24, 2013
kpolli: 10 yrs and u never marry am shocked shocked shocked shocked

Haba! Lolz. They could have been Sec. School sweethearts. I think some people still date that long (it depends on the age of the lady anyways). Weddings are expensive.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by kpolli(m): 3:04am On Apr 24, 2013
Yvete:

Haba! Lolz. They could have been Sec. School sweethearts. I think some people still date that long (it depends on the age of the lady anyways). Weddings are expensive.

Not all, he doesn't need an elaborate one.... If he had married her, he could have taken her along when he cud afford it easily
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mamacita007:

God bless you its like you are seeing my mind, to God I don't want to lose her just like that

2 Likes

Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Mamacita007(f): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Step84: God bless you its like you are seeing my mind, to God I don't want to lose her just like that

Then stay in naija and marry her. committ everything to the hand of God and God will provide all ur needs
yvete Im serious take $100 and leave usa thread grin grin
kpolli take $25 and leave usa thread plus extra $25 for nairaland completely grin grin
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by kpolli(m): 1:33am On Apr 25, 2013
Mamacita007:

Then stay in naija and marry her. committ everything to the hand of God and God will provide all ur needs
kpolli take $25 and leave usa thread plus extra $25 for nairaland completely grin grin

Huh? Explain why Yvete gets offered more than me
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Mamacita007(f): 9:02am On Apr 25, 2013
kpolli: Huh? Explain why Yvete gets offered more than me

Becos u already have love grin grin Love is more than money hahahahaa
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by kpolli(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mamacita007:

Becos u already have love grin grin Love is more than money hahahahaa

Oh! Cute smiley
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Yvete(f): 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mamacita007: Then stay in naija and marry her. committ everything to the hand of God and God will provide all ur needs

I think I may be done with it already. Lolz. Like I've got a life outside NL ... its not that serious. Though I just realized I exert so much influence on that thread. For a 30-something years old man to be intimidated by Lil Yvete says a lot. Like I didn't even read part 1 of that thread, who gives a fk if you were active in part 1? smiley smiley

You guys should stop derailing Americana's thread! ... in exam mood ... Got so much work! Kpolli:- when will yours be over? GOD HELP ME STAY OUT OF NL TILL MAY 9th!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by kpolli(m): 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yvete:

I think I may be done with it already. Lolz. Like I've got a life outside NL ... its not that serious. Though I just realized I exert so much influence on that thread. For a 30-something years old man to be intimidated by Lil Yvete says a lot. Like I didn't even read part 1 of that thread, who gives a f**K if you were active in part 1? smiley smiley

You guys should stop derailing Americana's thread! I'm in exam mood now. Got so much work! Kpolli when will yours be over? GOD HELP ME STAY OUT OF NL TILL MAY 9th!

30 what!!!! shocked shocked shocked

10th of Next month but 8th, one paper is not sure yet.... Then am off to ur end to casssh a flight the next week wink

Once I log out soon, till next month :|

1 Like

Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Mamacita007(f): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yvete: I'm in exam mood now. Got so much work! Kpolli when will yours be over? GOD HELP ME STAY OUT OF NL TILL MAY 9th!
kpolli: 10th of Next month but 8th, one paper is not sure yet.... Then am off to ur end to casssh a flight the next week wink
Once I log out soon, till next month :|

I will miss uuuuuuuuuu cry cry cry dont miss me too much. kpolli ure still going to london? sad yvete baby oku im coming wit any of u. Why are u pple running away from america?
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by kpolli(m): 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mamacita007:

I will miss uuuuuuuuuu cry cry cry dont miss me too much. kpolli ure still going to ? sad yvete baby oku im coming wit any of u. Why are u pple running away from america?

Yes I am.... You can follow me anywhere boo
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
Yvete: @ Poster
You need to chill and think critically before hopping on a plane. If you know deep down in your heart that you're coming over here to 'hustle', be open about it and maybe you can get few heads up on what to do. You're not the first Nigerian to abscond anyways, no biggie!

It's obvious that you're not coming to school here (well, for now) so stay back over there and plan. Even if you're present in the US, schools will request proof of funding/sponsorship before releasing your I-20. Why are you in such a rush? Get skilled - barber, tailor, mechanic($$ grin ).. before coming over. Your girlfriend would have to wait at least 5+ years before bringing her over. undecided shocked
Thanks for your contribution, I want to go to the US of A to hustle and come back to marry her because she is the Love of my life. I will appreciate any useful advise pls. Thanks a great deal!
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by GboyegaD(m): 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
Step84:
Thanks for your contribution, I want to go to the US of A to hustle and come back to marry her because she is the Love of my life. I will appreciate any useful advise pls. Thanks a great deal!

If you are coming to hustle on a visiting visa then, let her know it would take you a long while to get settled. If she is willing to wait all well and good but don't have it in mind that you pick dollars on the street or can easily get it since you are not permited to work.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by ManTiger(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
How old is your fiancee?
She might not be able to wait for another 5yrs o.
and the reason why she stood by you was because you're still in naija.
"Out of sight is out of mind"
But brosie, you don strap that babe for 10yrs and you still tok say you be single grin grin grin abi na singlet you won type wink wink cheesy
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Mamacita007(f): 12:12pm On May 01, 2013
ManTiger: How old is your fiancee?
But brosie, you don strap that babe for 10yrs and you still tok say you be single grin grin grin abi na singlet you won type wink wink cheesy

lloooooolll step84 you have to choose either the love of ur life or USA? or better still save money and come and buy cars here to sell in naija wit ur visiting visa becos of ur wife.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
GboyegaD:

If you are coming to hustle on a visiting visa then, let her know it would take you a long while to get settled. If she is willing to wait all well and good but don't have it in mind that you pick dollars on the street or can easily get it since you are not permited to work.
Thanks bros, pls do you know if its possible for me get admission to further my education with my HND since I have a B1/B2 multiple entry visa for 2 yrs. Pls I will heed any useful advice here.thanks
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
ManTiger: How old is your fiancee?

Lol! For your information my babe is still a virgin ! Is that ok?
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
Yvete: @ Poster

It's obvious that you're not coming to school here (well, for now) so stay back over there and plan. Even if you're present in the US, schools will request proof of funding/sponsorship before releasing your I-20. Why are you in such a rush? Get skilled - barber, tailor, mechanic($$ grin ).. before coming over. Your girlfriend would have to wait at least 5+ years before bringing her over. undecided shocked

Thanks for ur contribution, I have plan to further my education there though with my HND. Pls any further advice I will appreciate it. Thank you
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Yvete(f): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Step84: Thanks for ur contribution, I have plan to further my education there though with my HND. Pls any further advice I will appreciate it. Thank you

awww... Man, you really love your girlfriend. grin Seems like y'allz love keeps you from coming. I'm shocked you're still back over there after all these months. Every possible advice has been given to you already.

If you were my brother, knowing that you're hell bent on traveling, I'd ask you to visit the US and see for yourself. If you're comfortable and things get better (by whatever means), work towards a students' visa for your girlfriend to join you. I suggest you discuss with whoever is willing to host you in the US. Let them know your plans.

In addition, if you'd like to change status to F1 - It's too late for the Fall. The earliest should be around November/December.

This is as real as it gets.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Ndyoo(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Yvete:

awww... Man, you really love your girlfriend. grin Seems like y'allz love keeps you from coming. I'm shocked you're still back over there after all these months. Every possible advice has been given to you already.

If you were my brother, knowing that you're hell bent on traveling, I'd ask you to visit the US and see for yourself. If you're comfortable and things get better (by whatever means), work towards a students' visa for your girlfriend to join you. I suggest you discuss with whoever is willing to host you in the US. Let them know your plans.

In addition, if you'd like to change status to F1 - It's too late for the Fall. The earliest should be around November/December.

Yvete Nwanyi Oma...sometimes when I read your advice here I marvel. lol...Kudos. Keep it up
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Yvete(f): 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ndyoo: Yvete Nwanyi Oma...sometimes when I read your advice here I marvel. lol...Kudos. Keep it up

Lolz ... Ndyoo enyi m oma. Ke kwanu? I nwetego admission? Best wishes on your school-related endeavors.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 7:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Yvete:

If you were my brother, knowing that you're hell bent on traveling, I'd ask you to visit the US and see for
yourself. If you're comfortable and things get better (by whatever means), work towards a students' visa for your girlfriend to join you. I suggest you discuss with whoever is willing to host you in the US. Let them know your plans.

Thanks for your contributions, I really appreciate. Am still around because am serving and I will round up by Oct this year by God's grace.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
You will loose her becos out of sight is out of mind, because it will take you atleast 2- 3 yrs the fastest way to get green card if u re lucky getting married to someone with legitimate or illegitimate intention. Before getting a good job and settling down gaining ur full ground approx 2 years. Total of 5 yrs

She is a woman, even thou she loves u, do u think she will wait for u dat long? Seriously get gonna get banggggedddd looool, and def going to be getting man askin her for marriage, so she might ve no option than to accept the offer cos she don't know when u re going to be back.

With my own experience in abroad, its not easy as the way we think before living, apart good standard of environment and well organized. But to be honest with you life is much better there than here if u ve d rit resources. It's not easy going to abroad to hussle especially on a visit visa lol, this suffer go too much. U might be frustrated to do drugs and other illegal jobs cos no company will offer you a job because u have got no work permit. Any work u get will be peanut and its going to be like u are burning in Hell inside Heaven lool.

The best way to migrate abroad is through a student visa, ur chances are still far better than a visit visa.
Its look like green but aint green.

I understand your view of point, opportunity comes but once because if you tell people you got a visit US visa and u didn't go, they will call u a big fool and u might not ve that opportunity again in life which u might regret.

Do you have a good income here in Nigeria? If yes u don't need to go and hussle, but if you are hussling here as in things are not easy. I will advise you to give it a shot but have it in mind, u re not going to marry her, just leave her out of this.

Go to US, try and mix up with some Nigerians. The only option for u is too get married, start toasting as much girls asap u get there lol, be genuine and as long as u re still single and u like her. She might also be of help to you in a lot of ways.

Don't listen to folks here saying trash that u won't make it becos others didn't make it, if u believe that u will succeed then move! A lot of ppl re even looking for US visa, genuine and ungenuine they deny them but u were lucky u got it.

Give it a try and believe u aint going to regret it. Your personality and the way you interact with people over there will go a long way for you.

I saw ur post in d oda thread but didn't contribute but when I saw again I'm like why this guy dey act like bolo...

Oga vamoose comot for NL and board plane to yankee. Stop asking too much of questions because u might get discourage along the line. Be a man bro@33. They said he who wants to lick the honey inside the rock won't look at his axe. Na lion mouth money dey. Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by harmony940(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
You are a very rare man and i like your determination in marrying the woman you love.Kudos brother...the only advice i can give you is to registry and register the marriage my brother there is blessing in marriage do this and see what i mean anyways i wish u the best.
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Mamacita007(f): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
Step84: Lol! For your information my babe is still a virgin ! Is that ok?

u & this ur babe ehn kiss kiss
Re: Can I Come Back And Marry Her? by Step84(m): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
faakay: You will loose her becos out of sight is out of mind, because it will take you atleast 2- 3 yrs the fastest way to get green card if u re lucky getting married to someone with legitimate or illegitimate intention. Before getting a good job and settling down gaining ur full ground approx 2 years. Total of 5 yrs

She is a woman, even thou she loves u, do u think she will wait for u dat long? Seriously get gonna get banggggedddd looool, and def going to be getting man askin her for marriage, so she might ve no option than to accept the offer cos she don't know when u re going to be back.

With my own experience in abroad, its not easy as the way we think before living, apart good standard of environment and well organized. But to be honest with you life is much better there than here if u ve d rit resources. It's not easy going to abroad to hussle especially on a visit visa lol, this suffer go too much. U might be frustrated to do drugs and other illegal jobs cos no company will offer you a job because u have got no work permit. Any work u get will be peanut and its going to be like u are burning in Hell inside Heaven lool.

The best way to migrate abroad is through a student visa, ur chances are still far better than a visit visa.
Its look like green but aint green.

I understand your view of point, opportunity comes but once because if you tell people you got a visit US visa and u didn't go, they will call u a big fool and u might not ve that opportunity again in life which u might regret.

Do you have a good income here in Nigeria? If yes u don't need to go and hussle, but if you are hussling here as in things are not easy. I will advise you to give it a shot but have it in mind, u re not going to marry her, just leave her out of this.

Go to US, try and mix up with some Nigerians. The only option for u is too get married, start toasting as much girls asap u get there lol, be genuine and as long as u re still single and u like her. She might also be of help to you in a lot of ways.

Don't listen to folks here saying trash that u won't make it becos others didn't make it, if u believe that u will succeed then move! A lot of ppl re even looking for US visa, genuine and ungenuine they deny them but u were lucky u got it.

Give it a try and believe u aint going to regret it. Your personality and the way you interact with people over there will go a long way for you.

I saw ur post in d oda thread but didn't contribute but when I saw again I'm like why this guy dey act like bolo...

Oga vamoose comot for NL and board plane to yankee. Stop asking too much of questions because u might get discourage along the line. Be a man bro@33. They said he who wants to lick the honey inside the rock won't look at his axe. Na lion mouth money dey. Peace!
I really appreciate ur effort in reading thru my story nd I thank u so much 4 ur useful contribution. I have made up my mind to travel since I got d visa, but am jst waiting to round up my youth service b4 I jet out. Concerning my babe, I bliv if there is a will, there sure would be a way. Going by my determination nd with d favor of God I strongly bliv things will work out fine nd we will achieve our goals. Once again I really appreciate every contributor here nd I pray our success will not elude us IJN! Peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Places On Earth That Could Have Been Made By Aliens / . / Flight Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.