Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Opening A Store - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opening A Store (842 Views)

CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) / Opening A Pharmacy / Opening A Boutique In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Opening A Store by topsy2: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2008
Hi all,
I need some advise from people in the house. I,m planning to get a store: location Port Harcourt. I have to pay a sum of 120,000 for a year i.e 10,000 per month, now what can i sell: Christian books, clothes and shoes, children toys, household, food items. Note all these items are being sold around apart From the Christian bookstore, now can i make up to at least 20k profit in a month to service the salesgirl, the shop rent and some other expenses?
Re: Opening A Store by kwaze(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2008
well watever u set ur hand to do is possible all u got to do is believe in ur dream and work towards it. Plan effectively and be unique about it even if others are into same business.

cheers
Re: Opening A Store by abujabooks(f): 2:39pm On May 02, 2008
Diversify by selling different things in the shop. I don't know anything about Port-Harcourt, so you will have the research the market.

Personally, I will sell Christian books, computer accessories, charge cards, naija movies rental, some household appliances such as kettles, irons, rice cooker.

The reason for diversifying is that, you don't know what will sell initially.

TIP - Make your shop look appealing, organised and neat to the customer and not cluttered.

Have you heard of "Tesco" in England? They have diversified to the full extent.

Paid Direction / Investor For Ideas. / Re