Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? (831 Views)

10 Safety Tips When Driving In The Rain / 15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving / Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by promire2004(f): 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hey everyone, there is this trend I've noticed in our roads and high-ways. People leave car parks and would prefer to stand along the road, just to get free ride. With the menace and frequency of crime and kidnapping, I think it's a very risky thing to do. It's however common amongst ladies.(I'm a lady) so please don't eat me up for speaking the truth. What's your view on this? Can you carry a complete stranger along the road or express-way all in a bid to help the person?
Re: When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by toshacer: 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
Why not? I do help strangers on they road.
Re: When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
But the question u should ask is why do african's like free ride?
Re: When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by promire2004(f): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
[quote author=tosh_acer]Why not? I do help strangers on they road.[/quote/. Hmmmmm, don't you consider the risk involved?
Re: When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by specialguest(f): 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
I rarely offer strangers a "lift" however on the few occassions i did, i made sure i used my instincts before picking them up because i can smell danger from miles away. A funny incident happened to me last month. i was right by my car unlocking the door to get in and this guy pulled up beside me in his car and asked me if i wanted a ride! Lolz i replied yes and i also told him to help me fold my car and stuff it in his boot before he can pick me up. I wonder what he was thinking cheesy
Re: When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by promire2004(f): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
specialguest: I rarely offer strangers a "lift" however on the few occassions i did, i made sure i used my instincts before picking them up because i can smell danger from miles away. A funny incident happened to me last month. i was right by my car unlocking the door to get in and this guy pulled up beside me in his car and asked me if i wanted a ride! Lolz i replied yes and i also told him to help me fold my car and stuff it in his boot before he can pick me up. I wonder what he was thinking cheesy

Lmao. Are you kidding me? Maybe he was awed at your looks or sumfin. Lolzzz.
Re: When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
I don't do it, but I've benefited from the gesture a couple of times cool cool cool
Re: When Driving, Is It Advisable To Offer Lift To Persons Standing Along The Road? by promire2004(f): 12:53am On Apr 24, 2013
fewj: I don't do it, but I've benefited from the gesture a couple of times cool cool cool
Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Leather Seat Cover Wanted!!!! / 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Spy Shots / Tonneau Cover For 2015 Tundra 1794 Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.