Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? (1914 Views)

Help Required For Toyota Sienna Rear View Camera / Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / How Often Do You Look Under Your Bonnet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by Originalsly: 2:47am On Apr 24, 2013
...and I am not talking about admiring yourself. It should be like every 10 seconds...yes...10 seconds or less! I flex depending on how heavy the traffic and how fast I'm driving....maybe 20 in slow traffic and 10 when speeding.It is to always know your situation so in case of an emergency...without looking...you would know if it is safe to brake hard...swerve to the right or left. I made it a habit to constantly monitor what is happening around me. You?
Re: How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by Saecula: 4:46am On Apr 24, 2013
I do same. It makes me feel safer.
Again, you will be in deep stew if you have not mastered its usage in busy cities like Onitsha.
Most importantly, I drive fast and sometimes recklessly, but having mastered it I tend to without dent in most cases.
Its a musf for everyone that likes expertise in driving.
Re: How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by FlyboyZee: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
I can't remember how often I take a peep at my rear view. But, I know it is about every 5-10 seconds when I hit the pedals.
Re: How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
about every 5-10 seconds
Re: How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by Nikky04(f): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2013
5 - 10 seconds. I know I do it a lot.
Re: How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by Godson201333(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
I do this alot,If you drive and try being an expert then you need to always know whats going on around you,I always use both the rear mirror and the centre mirror.The centre mirror helps alot and show me all thats happening at the back and behind.
Re: How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by redcliff: 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
trust me, between the interval you are not looking anything can happen.
Re: How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? by redcliff: 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
Godson201333: I do this alot,If you drive and try being an expert then you need to always know whats going on around you,I always use both the rear mirror and the centre mirror.The centre mirror helps alot and show me all thats happening at the back and behind.

wait o, is the rear view mirror not the center mirror too?

(1) (Reply)

You And Traffic Rules In Nigeria. / 5 Common Engine Noises Solutions (And What They Mean) / Needed: Crankcase Ventilation Oil Trap For 2008 Volvo Xc90 3.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.