Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe (9542 Views)

Re: Tinubu Others, Kill Kogi Guber Candidate -Okorocha / South-east Committed Political Blunder –oyegun / Man Treks From Abeokuta To Lagos For Tinubu, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 24, 2013
Winding down of ACN: Tinubu,others have committed political suicide - Presidency

Written by Lanre Adewole and Modinat Adenekan - Lagos Wednesday, 24 April 2013 00:00

FOR officially winding down the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), the presidency, on Tuesday, called the act a political suicide on the part of the leaders and chieftains of the defunct party.
It said the Yoruba of the South West would not identify with the All Progressives Congress (APC), which the ACN dissolved into, because the only attachment with the party by the people of the region was its identity as a regional party.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, told the Nigerian Tribune that it was certain the Yoruba would not vote a platform with General Muhammadu Buhari as presidential standard-bearer.

According to him, “let me tell you something. ACN has died, that is by their convention and that is a political suicide for the ACN. You know ACN had no national relevance whatsoever. The only relevance they had is as a Yoruba party and they have now abandoned that and in speaking factually, they have just gone into abyss.

“So, for those who had regarded the ACN as their political outfit, what do they have to benefit from the alliance. What does an average Yoruba man have to benefit from APC or from a Buhari presidency.

“If Baba Adesanya was alive, would he canvass for Yoruba to vote for Buhari. So the ACN has just committed political suicide. I am not talking about personalities leading the party, I am talking about the party itself.

“The party’s only relevance in the Nigerian politics is that it is the outfit with which the Yoruba politics stands out. So when they have lose that garb, they are gone.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/10266-winding-down-of-acn-tinubu-others-have-committed-political-suicide-presidency
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe is not a politician......the dude just like running his mouth as if he just finished Ofe-Nsala...

Unfortunately,he doesn't know his people,Yoruba, too ......!!!

Does Okupe even know why Yoruba play Regional politics/governance ?

As far as the center is still this much ''insensitive'' Yoruba would always play Regional games........

where was Okupe when AD died and ACN arose and shone.......

Tinubu is a strategist: ACN would die while APC would rise if Afterwards problem occurs........there would still be a way out ......!!!!

Bi eru ba ko oke bo kole,o tun nibi aa gbe si............Bi waju ooba se lo,eyin aa se pada si (There would always be a way out) .....

If Tinubu doesn't align with National outlook ''APC'' that doesn't mean ACN could not be defeated ahome......

ACN was a risk taken,today.....it is a success............APC would never be stopped by any ''Attack Dog'' .......!!!

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by rooftech: 7:12am On Apr 24, 2013
political jobber dey talk better person listen.who no no okupe say na hire dem Hire am to throw jabs.
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by onatisi(m): 7:16am On Apr 24, 2013
okupe is only confirming what analysts have been saying,acn should have retained their status and not joined this so called merger,this will be their greatest undoing because some of the ppl in this merger are pdp stooges and moles,it is sure that acn will lose some states in the next election.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by OsunOriginal: 7:20am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe is a fool. Is he talking on behalf of us? When was the dog appointed as the mouth piece of yoruba?

We yorubas have approved apc as our new party and nothing will stop that. GEJ, okupe and fasheun should speed up the rivival of upn - it wont stop anything. Yorubas are not dumbs and we are even very much more sofisticated than these fools think.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by OsunOriginal: 7:25am On Apr 24, 2013
onatisi: okupe is only confirming what analysts have been saying,acn should have retained their status and not joined this so called merger,this will be their greatest undoing because some of the ppl in this merger are pdp stooges and moles,it is sure that acn will lose some states in the next election.

Who are those analysts? PDP touts are now analysts - interesting.

I laugh when pdp chieftouts (including onatisi) turn themselves into advisers to the opposition.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by ochukoccna: 7:27am On Apr 24, 2013
Will this gaseous windbag called Okupe ever shut up? cheesy
For someone whose NEVER won Ogun state PDP elections before, its illuminating how he's now the Nostradamus of Yoruba voting patterns
Prior,ACN was accused of been a tribal party
Now that she's trying to be more national in spread and outlook, gasbag Okupe shows up with the above thrash
Also what's with the continuing demonization of Buhari
Whether creek joe likes it or not,he dey back and go come 2015
But that's if he lasts in office that long ,seeing 9ja is tottering so badly and in need of firm leadership

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by onatisi(m): 7:45am On Apr 24, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Who are those analysts? PDP touts are now analysts - interesting.

I laugh when pdp chieftouts (including onatisi) turn themselves into advisers to the opposition.
it is not in my nature or character to hurl insults at people ,but all i will say is 2015 is just around the corner WE SHALL SEE.it is time to teach these acn guys how the game is played

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 24, 2013
cheesy I laugh at this man Okupe! He thinks he's playing mind game, when actually he is unconsciously selling ideas to the opponent. PDP is a failed party filled with thugs and rogues. For more than a decade, they were given countless opportunities to prove their mettles, but they failed woefully, take Edo (Lucky Igbinedion) & Kogi (Ibrahim Idris) states as case study. PDP should be exterminated, they are clueless & lack foresights as well.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by tinuolababy(f): 7:53am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe again angry
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Goddex: 8:04am On Apr 24, 2013
UPN is coming to replace ACN as our regional party in South West. Up UPN!!! Up Awo!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 24, 2013
onatisi:
it is not in my nature or character to hurl insults at people ,but all i will say is 2015 is just around the corner WE SHALL SEE.it is time to teach these acn guys how the game is played
grin I pity you. Keep playing the masses & in-turn use their wealth to smoke, womanize, eat food of 2billion naira etc. Remember there's a guy on vacation called justice, and when he returns, he will definitely clamp down on u stvp1d people, infact, people like you deserve a long wood inserted into their anus & left in the sun to die. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2013
onatisi: okupe is only confirming what analysts have been saying,acn should have retained their status and not joined this so called merger,this will be their greatest undoing because some of the ppl in this merger are pdp stooges and moles,it is sure that acn will lose some states in the next election.
whatyasaying .....

We need another party which has National Outlook to challenge ever dominating without result-PDP ......

Even If Jonathan should decamp to APC to contest,the priority is WE HAVE ALTERNATIVE either in PDP or APC .....

As for your PDP stooges in APC:Nigerian Political scenario is occupied and dominated by incompetent peeps, no doubt, APC might be the platform where they would assume new Ideology.....or better still revert to their motherlan,PDP (A law must addressed chamelion cross carpet)

All I hope is that.....APC should be a new-dawn in Nigerian Political History .........we need competition......we need check and Balances.....!!!

APC/PDP should compete for Nigerians!!!
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by ninja4life(m): 8:11am On Apr 24, 2013
Well i thought we yoruba voted for jonathan so dat he can help solve loads of problems facing dis country but it seems d president in only interested in amala politics as some would call it.wat concerns d presidency over their fellow politicians aligning themselves to form a stronger opposition isnt dat d beauty of democrazy why do dey have to tell opposition wat to do or not with their personal ambition is dis d reason most yoruba voted for him dis is getting serious.if he is able to give constant power supply b4 2015 and can reconstruct major roads in d south west i'm sure we will vote massively for him like we did in 2011 but if he continues dis amala politics he is not getting anywhere.i think he needs to concentrate more on shaming d opposition with his achievement than just using an attack dog to engage in a media war with their fellow riff raff.my 2cents hope d president gets it right cos 2015 is a long time.goodluck to all grab my popcorn observing how things upfold.
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2013
Goddex: UPN is coming to replace ACN as our regional party in South West. Up UPN!!! Up Awo!!!
stop disturbing urself.....

If the purpose of reviving UPN is to distrupt Yorubaland Using Awolowo's name ahahaha it would failed as MAULAG. grin
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Angel778(f): 8:25am On Apr 24, 2013
Goddex: UPN is coming to replace ACN as our regional party in South West. Up UPN!!! Up Awo!!!
What is UPN? as far as yoruba is concern, upn is a thing of d past. we are no more dwellng on the past,but we are moving forward.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by DonaldGenes(m): 8:27am On Apr 24, 2013
Suicide indeed
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 24, 2013
As usual, I just commented.
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe, must you always talk about Buhari? grin grin Why are you scared?

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, told the Nigerian Tribune that it was certain the Yoruba would not vote a platform with General Muhammadu Buhari as presidential standard-bearer.

Are you now the spokesperson for the Yorubas? You get problem oooo Okupe grin grin
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2013
[quote
author=OsunOriginal]Okupe is a fool. Is he talking on behalf of us?
When was the dog appointed as the mouth piece of yoruba?

We yorubas have approved apc as our new party and nothing will stop
that. GEJ, okupe and fasheun should speed up the rivival of upn - it
wont stop anything. Yorubas are not dumbs and we are even very much more
sofisticated than these fools think.[/quote]

I wonder why u should start ur submission with abuses. Is it that u lack good manners or u cannot engage ur opponent objectively. I feel irritated by writeups like urs. Be civil and argue like u went to school. Or are u a drop-out?
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe is feeling the heat from APC.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by ninja4life(m): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2013
Angel_777: What is UPN? as far as yoruba is concern, upn is a thing of d past. we are no more dwellng on the past,but we are moving forward.
why not give dem a chance at least to prove their worth u dont judge a book by it's cover now atleast dey have a right of forming and reviving any political parties dey want it is now left to we voters to determine whether dey really have wat it takes to provide good governance to us.remember if we had stuck to pdp we wont know dat we can get better performance from acn candidate so therefore i tink it's early to jump into conclusion.acn,apc,upn,lp,anpp are all welcome in d southwest to show their worth to d people except dat pdp.so cheers d more d bettercheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 24, 2013
War of words but is true. Every sensible Nigerian now sees tinubu and co as too desperate for power.
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by tomakint: 8:36am On Apr 24, 2013
In as much as many people will not agree with the submission of Okupe here, it is very glaring that ACN has been taken to the slaughter house in future elections in SW as a result of the merger with APC! I stand to be corrected, ACN still has more relevance in the national scene as a strong opposition unlike the hurriedly planned APC, yes Okupe was absolutely right on this one that, ACN has just committed political suicide with that political amalgamation with other strange bed fellows cool

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by ewet: 8:36am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe,okupe you are here again. What does the yoruba nation have to benefit from a GEJ presidency?absolutely nothng.We neva have and we neva will.
Its none of your business if the ACN dies or lives. why are you taking panadol for anoda persons headache.What you shuld be telling us is how well GEJ is doin or is there absolutely nothng gud abt the GEJ admo tht you have to stast saddling us with this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Boyoorisha: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2013
Little wonder the country is in mess! This is the kind of people that advise GEJ cry
Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2013
The man Okupe is a yoruba, he knows his people very well so I don't think he is spewing thrash here

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe by Ekans: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2013
When a massive ball of fufu talks,what do we expect? WASTE of course.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly / Atiku/obi Ticket: Ndigbo Not Decided Who To Vote In 2019 – Ohanaeze Youths / Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.