Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

“Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? (560 Views)

Roots In Paganism / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
A christian made this statement to me when we were talking about a burial some days ago;

“our African traditional religions are man made. That is why they have ridiculous practices which were probably to satisfy one occultic king or chief.....what is the point of dancing and drinking alcohol during burials? Why must they sacrifice chickens and other things? These local religions are for savages. Thank God for Westerners who brought civilization and proper religion.”

I wonder how many nigerians agree with this?
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by saintvc(m): 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Atheism is manmade
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
saintvc: Atheism is manmade

Off topic.....i also note that u forgot to addresss christianity........
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by turnstoner(m): 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Logicboy03: A christian made this statement to me when we were talking about a burial some days ago;

“our African traditional religions are man made. That is why they have ridiculous practices which were probably to satisfy one occultic king or chief.....what is the point of dancing and drinking alcohol during burials? Why must they sacrifice chickens and other things? These local religions are for savages. Thank God for Westerners who brought civilization and proper religion.”

All religions are man made. Your friend's case is an example of kettle calling the pot black grin
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by PalmTree(m): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
All religions are man-made. Christianity for one developed from the apostles when some folks back then in Antioch decided that the apostles were behaving "Christ like". Then there was no church or whatever, however christianity which was meant to be a way of life metamorphosed into a religion... Then this delusion started. Christianity: just lead a life that is christ like, a life that where you don't do things that muscle down your conscience.
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
[size=32pt]I DISAGREE 100%[/size]

we all know there are as many PURE Pagan religions as there are tribes/ethnic-groups in the world, which means, MILLIONS.

SHOW ME [size=32pt]ONE[/size] PAGAN TRIBAL RELIGION THAT HAS A MAN-FOUNDER, AND I WILL RENOUNCE MY PAGANISM AND BECOME A MAN-WORSHIPPER.

Paganism is arisen since Stone-Age times when there was evidence in cave-paintings,etc. Pagan is a natural gift from the Gods. To be Pagan is to be human/tribal.
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by alfaman2: 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
Logicboy03: A christian made this statement to me when we were talking about a burial some days ago;

Maybe you should stop trying to have intelligent discussions with christians.
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
alfaman2:

Maybe you should stop trying to have intelligent discussions with christians.

Maybe.....its getting harder...
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=32pt]I DISAGREE 100%[/size]

we all know there are as many PURE Pagan religions as there are tribes/ethnic-groups in the world, which means, MILLIONS.

SHOW ME [size=32pt]ONE[/size] PAGAN TRIBAL RELIGION THAT HAS A MAN-FOUNDER, AND I WILL RENOUNCE MY PAGANISM AND BECOME A MAN-WORSHIPPER.

Paganism is arisen since Stone-Age times when there was evidence in cave-paintings,etc. Pagan is a natural gift from the Gods. To be Pagan is to be human/tribal.

Paganism is more or less cultural to me. On the other hand, while paganism doesnt naturally have founders, the abrahamic religion has man founders
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
PalmTree: All religions are man-made. Christianity for one developed from the apostles when some folks back then in Antioch decided that the apostles were behaving "Christ like". Then there was no church or whatever, however christianity which was meant to be a way of life metamorphosed into a religion... Then this delusion started. Christianity: just lead a life that is christ like, a life that where you don't do things that muscle down your conscience.

Great comment sir
Re: “Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
turnstoner:

All religions are man made. Your friend's case is an example of kettle calling the pot black grin

More like elephant calling the hippo fat

(1) (Reply)

Seven Things You Must Know About The End Time / Where Was I Before I Became An Ordinary Zygote? / Following Fashion Or Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.