Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman (26786 Views)

Did Gwyneth Paltrow Pull A Lady Gaga And Forget To Put On Pants? / Btw,oluchi Orlandi,gwyneth Paltrow And Rihanna,who Rock It Best? / Rita Dominic And Gwyneth Paltrow, Who Wore It Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
You already knew she was beautiful, but now People has made it official, putting Gwyneth Paltrow at the top of the magazine's annual list of beautiful people, and naming her the World's Most Beautiful Woman.

But, not surprisingly, the 40-year-old Oscar winner is humble about her latest honor.

"Around the house, I'm in jeans and a T-shirt. I don't really wear makeup. That's what [my family] used to," she told the magazine, admitting that her husband, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, even mocks her about it. "He'll make a joke about it. If I've gotten fully dressed up, he'll be like, 'Oh, wow! You're Gwyneth Paltrow!' Because he's used to seeing me in like baggy shorts and frizzy hair."

She credits her rigorous workout routine -- namely, the Tracy Anderson Method five days a week -- with helping her to age gracefully.

"It makes me look younger and feel strong," she said. "When I first started, I thought, 'I'll never be good at this. This is a nightmare!' But now it's like brushing my teeth, I just do it."

Gwyneth takes the reins from her pal Beyoncé, who received the honor last year, just a few months after giving birth to her first child, Blue Ivy. Over the years, the flawless faces of Michelle Pfeiffer, Cindy Crawford, Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, and Jennifer Aniston have graced the cover of the special issue.

As usual, the magazine featured plenty of other beauties, including "Modern Family" matriarchs Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara (featured in the Cinemagraph below) and Kerry Washington, Jennifer Lawrence, and Zooey Deschanel.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by hidenconyo(m): 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
ogugua,u even fyn pass d girl

11 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Coldfeet(f): 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
If they can pick Gwen as the most beautiful woman in the world then I have to change my opinion about Fatima kodabaru undecided

8 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Seun(m): 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
Well I like Miss Pepper as well as anyone, but it's not because of how she looks. Gwyneth is exceptionally well preserved for her age, though.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Popowaa: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
I love her and think she's fine but they are more beautiful women out there.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
I disagree. Tonto Dikeh/Halle Berry are more beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
most beautiful ? undecided
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by micki83(m): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
OMG! Is this a joke? She isn't even pretty in anyway! What criteria do they use abeg? I guess she's more beautiful than sofia vergara in their eyes,right?

2 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
Blond hair blue eyes, not surprising.

They're only brainwashing themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
[size=13pt]Lol, that's exactly why I posted it. How can Beyoncé win it one year and Gwyneth Paltrow the next?[/size]

hidden_conyo: ogugua,u even fyn pass d girl

[size=13pt]Lol, thanks oga.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Seun(m): 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Lol, that's exactly why I posted it. How can Beyoncé win it one year and Gwyneth Paltrow the next?[/size]
Hmm, Beyoncé is not all that either. It seems they have low standards.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Seun: Hmm, Beyoncé is not all that either. It seems they have low standards.

Beyonce is fine, but Tonto Dikeh is prettier.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:

Beyonce is fine, but Tonto Dikeh is prettier.

This your love for tonto. Odikwa serious undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by micki83(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
Seun: Hmm, Beyoncé is not all that either. It seems they have low standards.
Beyonce still try sef,but gwyneth! She's just about as attractive as a white envelope.she's a good actress though,but she no just fine.her mom is even more attractive.

3 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Seun(m): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
micki83:
Beyonce still try sef,but gwyneth! She's just about as attractive as a white envelope.she's a good actress though,but she no just fine.her mom is even more attractive.
I think Gwyneth is far above Beyonce when it comes to overall beauty. Beyonce's mind is probably dark and dusty. Dust is not beautiful.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by hidenconyo(m): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Seun:
I think Gwyneth is far above Beyonce when it comes to overall beauty. Beyonce's mind is probably dark and dusty. Dust is not beautiful.
and who says Gwyneth's mind is not dark and dusty?

6 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
hiden_conyo: and who says Gwyneth's mind is not dark and dusty?
This is a good question that needs an answer!

1 Like

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
[size=13pt]I don't think People magazine voted based on overall beauty, and even if they did, I'd still rate Beyoncé over Gwyneth. Gwyneth Paltrow is so self-righteous and quite annoying with her preaching.

If na me, I'd give the award to Shakira for 10 years straight lol. She's the definition of beauty and brains.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by gluv01(f): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
All these arguments here. She was chosen as the most beautiful. you all read the article and even saw her picture.

She doesn't wear make up...Beyonce and the rest wear good foundation and plenty 'mix mix'to get a perfect color with their skin.
Beyonce is also beautiful without makeup anyway, but at least give credit to this woman. Just appreciate her natural beauty.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
[size=13pt]She wears makeup as much as the next celebrity. She's a Hollywood actress. She's even wearing makeup in that picture lol.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by gluv01(f): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]She wears makeup as much as the next celebrity. She's a Hollywood actress.[/size]

Not as often as the rest who would wear makeup before leaving the house feeling unsecured.
I'm not criticizing beyonce and others btw, just trying to say Gwyneth Paltrow is beautiful just as she is.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Seun(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
hiden_conyo: and who says Gwyneth's mind is not dark and dusty?
Actors have much brighter minds than musicians because they have to read, understand, & judge dozens to hundreds of scripts (which are modern works of literature, really) over the course of their careers. They also have to understand, memorise and convincingly perform thousands of lines of dialog over and over again. All that exposure to the intelligence of a wide variety of writers makes actors have brighter minds.

Musicians, on the other hand, don't have to read anything to be successful. Fantasia Barrino won American idol as an illiterate. Performing musicians spend most of the time practising dance moves, and performing the same handful of meaningless songs over and over and over again while inappropriately dressed. Singer-songwriters are a wee bit smarter, but even they don't have to read much; songs don't have to make sense anymore as long as they sound nice and come with sufficiently gratifying videos.

As a result, the mind of even a great musician is darker and dustier than the mind of an average actor or actress. That is why I can confidently assert that Beyonce's mind is darker and dustier than Gwyneth Palthrow's mind. Gwyneth Paltrow has to read and understand and help to dramatise great or above average scripts covering a wide variety of issues regularly. Beyonce does not. That is all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2013
gluv01: All these arguments here. She was chosen as the most beautiful. you all read the article and even saw her picture.

She doesn't wear make up...Beyonce and the rest wear good foundation and plenty 'mix mix'to get a perfect color with their skin.
Beyonce is also beautiful without makeup anyway, but at least give credit to this woman. Just appreciate her natural beauty.
But Gwyneth Paltrow makeup routinely. Link HERE
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
[size=13pt]Seun, what a generalization.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by gluv01(f): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Seun: Actors have much brighter minds than musicians because they have to read, understand, & judge dozens to hundreds of scripts (which are modern works of literature, really) over the course of their careers. They also have to understand, memorise and convincingly perform thousands of lines of dialog over and over again. All that exposure to the intelligence of a wide variety of writers makes actors have brighter minds.

Musicians, on the other hand, don't have to read anything to be successful. Fantasia Barrino won American idol as an illiterate. Performing musicians spend most of the time practising dance moves, and performing the same handful of meaningless songs over and over and over again while inappropriately dressed. Singer-songwriters are a wee bit smarter, but even they don't have to read much; songs don't have to make sense anymore as long as they sound nice and come with sufficiently gratifying videos.

As a result, the mind of even a great musician is darker and dustier than the mind of an average actor or actress. That is why I can confidently assert that Beyonce's mind is darker and dustier than Gwyneth Palthrow's mind. Gwyneth Paltrow has to read and perform great or above average scripts covering a wide variety of issues regularly. Beyonce does not. That is all.

@the bolded: That's a well explained fact. Nice analysis
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
Whether na actor or musician, they are all entertainers cool

1 Like

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
[size=13pt]By the way, is this the same Gwyneth Paltrow who's Jewish and had parents in Hollywood before she was born? Lol. I have never known her as a great actress in all honesty. If she didn't have family influence, I do wonder where she would be.

We all know there are different kinds of "smart". I'm not a fan of today's music either, but I certainly won't knock it down because creative intelligence is somehow sub-par than that of literary.

Compare Beyoncé's talents and smarts in music to that of Gwyneth Paltrow's in acting. I would still give it to Beyoncé.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]By the way, is this the same Gwyneth Paltrow who's Jewish and had parents in Hollywood before she was born? Lol. I have never known her as a great actress in all honesty. If she didn't have family influence, I do wonder where she would be.

We all know there are different kinds of "smart". I'm not a fan of today's music either, but I certainly won't knock it down because creative intelligence is somehow sub-par than that of literary.

Compare Beyoncé's talents and smarts in music to that of Gwyneth Paltrow's in acting. I would still give it to Beyoncé.[/size]
The truth is that she is known as a country musician than a movie star. She is not so different from Beyonce when it comes to career or something.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that she is known as a country musician than a movie star. She is not so different from Beyonce when it comes to career or something.

[size=13pt]Thanks for reminding me of her music career lol. People know her for movies before music. She had one big hit in 2000 and that was the end of it really.[/size]
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by gluv01(f): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: But Gwyneth Paltrow makeup routinely. Link HERE

"Gwyneth Paltrow hosted a fundraising event for a certain incumbent president on Tuesday, and beforehand, the actress was apparently reborn, because she has never looked this good in her life!"

Gotten from the link you posted. Read the sentences again, and the one in this post. That was September 2012.

And even if she does, that contradicts what she said here. @the bolded.
But at least right now looking at her, isn't she beautiful? She is 40 years (September 27, 1972).
Beyounce is 31 years (September 4, 1981),
Halle Berry is 46 years (September 4, 1981).

Halle Berry is older that Gwyneth and more beautiful no doubt. Although never seen her face without makeup. But not mistaken is the fact that Gwyneth is beautiful naturally.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
What a joke? Rihanna all the way
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by freecocoa(f): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
Only God knows how these people come to their conclusions about this most beautiful woman ish.

Anyways, congratulobia to her.undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'IK Ogbonna Bought His Wife Fake Birthday Gifts' - Dencia's Affiliate / Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government / Tiwa, Tonto And Toke. Similarities In The Marriages Of These Celebrities!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.