Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:38 AM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (260593 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
Yes, the couple's combo may be different.
So what other colors have you always considered to be attractive? That would be a good jumping-off point, to helping you find what you want.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2013
Yvete: @ SassyGurl: You're awesome! smiley
I'm still undecided on colors, but will return when I'm ready.

wink
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by kushkush: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
[quote author=BabyPosh][/quote]

Thanks for your info. I am expecting about 400.guests so ikoyi club is quite small. I checked Dansol in Agidingbi and was told their hall costs 500k
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by rezzy: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
My wedding is Dec and i have not been able to choose any colour for my bridal train and aso ebi. My fiance will put on Ash suit, cream shirt, gold waist coat and tie. Pls house, help me select matching colours for my bridal train and aso ebi.

Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
What colors have you always considered attractive?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by rezzy: 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
@Rocktation, Purple, orange and blue
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
Well, there you go. Purple goes with orange and so does blue.

Let us know what you think as time goes on.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by rezzy: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Rocktation: Well, there you go. Purple goes with orange and so does blue.

Let us know what you think as time goes on.

Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by figur: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Vliz: 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
Pls what do u think of burgundy wedding, i just love the colour. D bridesmaids on burgundy gown & cbm on cream maybe biege. What do you think of asoebi gele burgndy or biege or both combination. Hope it wnt be dull. Thanks dearies
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
figur: Please house help me out,my wedding is in december and I haven't decided on the colors yet.
I have teal,burnt orange,custard yellow,and champagne gold in mind but the problem is the hall we might be using already have a predominantly orange and white bacground.I don't know how all these colors can work together or should we jst look for another hall? I also like coral, lemon green and dark green.please advice me on hw to combine these colors
NB we are using dark green and champagne gold for the traditional wedding.

Champagne goes with every other option of yours. And then Burnt orange is a perfect match for Apple green color.
Mustard yellow can as well work with teal/ dusty pink /mint green /pepper red...

You may use another hall or introduce my combinable suggestions, to achieve that much needed contrast. Else, use champagne again with any other color that isn't orange; given that it can work with almost anything.

But hey, are these supposed to be for you, the couple? If No, your bridesmaids & family can use them, but the groomsmen have to go for calmer colors. I see no calm color for men's suit among your options. So I'll just suggest Navy...because you seem to have a thing for blue, as teal is up there.

Vliz: Pls what do u think of burgundy wedding, i just love the colour. D bridesmaids on burgundy gown & cbm on cream maybe biege. What do you think of asoebi gele burgndy or biege or both combination. Hope it wnt be dull. Thanks dearies

Gloomy, it will be. But that's just my own view of it (prolly cos it was predominant and with my darkskinned people) when I attended one with the same theme...even though, they had combined it with the more exuberant yellow (gele). However, if your glasses are as rosy as you've made me believe, I advice that you combine with brighter colors as well, like the cream or beige that you're considering or the yellow. See for yourself what your wedding will look like without combining;

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
And don't you forget that it'd be worse if it's the typical Nigerian crowd. grin
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Vliz: 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Oo my ...what do u think of burgundy and cream with a touch of green or blue.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sure, pastels of those colors, preferably, will do fine. Sky blue, sage green, powder blue, olive....the cheerier, the better.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Yvete(f): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
@ Vliz: Burgundy was my preferred color of choice, but as Rocktation stated, it does appear kinda gloomy. I'm leaning towards pastels for Aso-ebi like (1) Lavender/Lilac with Mint Green (2) Aqua blue and pink (3) Orange and blue. ... I'll stay with champagne and orange for myself.

Posted some burgundy samples on page 1 and gave up on it because clearly, burgundy needs a popping color to compliment it. Thought I'd be excited about wedding planning, NO! ... stressful! sad

Best wishes future brides!

3 Likes

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
Yvete: Thought I'd be excited about wedding planning, NO! ... stressful! sad

That's the major reason why Wedding planners exist!!! Most people, have a 'can-do-all' spirit and so rather than pay a small price for one, will end up stressing on stuffs they have never done before and not familiar with.

So my dear, get yourself a planner who can interpret your ideas and save yourself the stress

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2013
Thank God for this thread! My wedding is in march 2014 and I haven't penned down anything. I don't even know where to start from.

First of all, I'm planning to have both trad and white same day. Trad in the morning and white afterwards. Then reception follows. Now the problem with this is that the elders insist the trad must be in the villa. That means the white too must be in the village. I really don't know how a "village white wedding" will look like. How can I adequately do both same day without getting too stressed out.

Secondly, my major color is blue; royal blue. I'm thinking of combining it with deep peach and silver. How can I combine these? Which ones should the bride's maids and groom's men wear?

Thirdly, what kind of hair should I make dat will be good for both trad and white since I intend having both same day?

Again, I intend to have a low-moderate budget wedding (by choice; as I don't believe in wasting money for a one-day event), how can one effectively cut down cost without seeming too economical or "tight fisted"? grin

I know I'm asking too many questions, but I'm just confused. I know I need to actively start putting things in order by now. . . Please help me.

I've more questions, but let's start with these first. grin.

Rockstation, Yvete, sassygal etal. . . please come to my aid.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by spydeer(m): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ Phema
Organising both your traditional and white on that same day will cut cost though is stressful if you ignore my below advice

Rule 1-Get Pen and Paper[I use my phone's note pad anyway] and start enlisting ur requirement...incase u are short of ideas about all wedding requirements(Decoration, event centre, food, cards and prints,etc], don't fail to scroll some pages before this page and drink the post about wedding requirements by Rockstation ask Google.com..this rule should only b taken if u are not involving a wedding planner or manager

Rule 2-a hand is better washed if u glide it with your other hand, I will advice u to involve a trusted married friend or relation that succeeded in passing through this process of modern marriage...U and your husband can't do it alone

Rule 3-This the most important rule...MAKE SURE U DONT INVOLVE AN EMCEE THAT HAVE A REPUTATION OF OVER TALKING OR PROLONGING AN EVENT,Unless u want ur wedding to end by midnight or U dont plan to start enjoying ur honey moon as soon as possible...I have alot of emcees who are straight to d point...Am surpose to continue this but I have some videos and photos to edit and my delivery date is pretty close up like toothpaste

2 Likes

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ Phema, I don't know about your village but now most elders are compromising, as long as you fulfil all the requirements of the trad wedding, I. E buy them all the wine and food they require, you can have your wedding anywhere. Otherwise, you will be caught between your location choice for a white wedding and their need for a villa trad wedding. So my take on this is to find out if they can come to a compromise. At least they can do the rites with your pictures!

Your wedding colors are cool! Deep peach equals coral. It depends on what your predominant color of the day is. It is advisable that the color you choose for your maids should match the grooms men.

Simply fix your hair into a ponytail, that is you leave hair all round, this way your hair dresser can whip it into any style. Just make sure the weavon is extra long so you do a full bun or wrap

Finally, it is so easy to cut down cost, first thing is to get a budget and adhere strictly to it! Second is to have an estimated number of guests. Items to cut cost on can be - wedding gown (rent rather than buy), food - you can reduce the menu list. Rather than have a 15list menu, you can have a 5 list that is sufficient for your number of guests. cut cost by reducing the amount of alcohol or not including it at all. Get a dj rather than live band.

Use one hall for trad and reception. Save cost by having decorators work on only one location than 2

Another way to cut cost is make it strictly by invitation but that should be written boldly on iv.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Some pictures
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Aaawww, thank you Spydeer and Sassygal. I'm grateful

@Sassygal, the trad will hold in the family home in the villa as they have said it is not negotiable (first and only daughter ish). So, we are planning on making it very small. Nothing loud. No invitees, no decoration, no food, no cake, no canopy, no music. . . Just the basic payment of bride price in the sitting room, with very few family members and we are off to church. Should be done within an hour or so.

Wedding reception will be in a hotel's compound as I can't seem to find any good hall in the villa. This will be same hotel that some of the out of town invitees can stay in. Will erect canopies and do an outdoor decoration. Thankfully, there should be little or no rain in march.

I plan to hire a DJ. Will have to buy a wedding dress as Fiance doesn't like d hiring idea. That ponny tail idea is nice, but my front hair is messed up. Was thinking lace wig. I hope I get someone that can perfectly fix it. Not those ones that have glue all over. grin. What do you think?

Then the dressing. . . Can I use same color theme for both trad and white? Was thinking a deep peach blouse, royal blue skirt/wrapper and gele with a touch of peach, silver purse/handfan and sandals (same sandals I will wear with my wedding gown), then the usual coral beads. Groom hasn't decided on how to combine his. Any ideas on the groom combo and style for a slender guy?

For the white wedding color combo. . . Groom wants a deep grey suit, white shirt and deep peach bow tie. Grooms men will wear same color of suit and shirt. Half of them will use a royal blue tie, the other half will use a peach tie. Two bridesmaids will wear a royal blue dress with a touch of peach, the other two will wear a peach dress with a touch of royal blue. Is this ok?

Then food and drink. . . Do you think its cheaper to use one cow or to buy cartons of frozen chicken? Haven't quite decided on that. We plan to make jollof rice, meat and moin/moin or salad. Then pounded yam and egusi/ogbolor soup. We will be serving mostly Malta guiness, few alcohol, one juice/wine per table and then small chops. Any better ideas?

Mehn, planning a wedding is one of the most difficult things to do. Whew!

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 12, 2013
sassygal: Some pictures

Can't see any pictures oooo
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Lace wig like this type. Packed all back for the trad because of the gele and then styled appropriately for the white.

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Yvete(f): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Phema: Mehn, planning a wedding is one of the most difficult things to do. Whew!

Say that over and over again! I will hire a wedding planner cos' it's a bit overwhelming for me. Best wishes on your wedding plans.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
Yvete:

Say that over and over again! I will hire a wedding planner cos' it's a bit overwhelming for me. Best wishes on your wedding plans.

My dear, it's not easy at all. When is yours? What location? Maybe we can plan together. grin
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 2:19am On Oct 18, 2013
Hello every one,a big thanks to all the wedding planners for your ideas they have really been helpful. Please my wedding is on the 14th and 15th of February, and honestly it has not been easy.
Firstly I need help with the color theme. we picked red and champagne. For the traditional, If the couple wears red and champagne and our families and friends also put on the same color won't we be all looking the same way? Should I pick another color for families and friends for the traditional then they will use the color theme for the white wedding?
Am also planning on using a champagne color gown with a red bouquet while my husband wears a black suit, champagne shirt and a red tie. suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 3:46am On Oct 18, 2013
The colors you are considering are very workable. So kudos for that. But wedding color themes are largely represented by every other person/thing and not the couples. That doesn't go to say that people never fit somewhere in the scheme, anyway. In fact, I did post a pic earlier on, in which the couple had done exactly that and with the same champagne and red. But I prefer the trend of contrasting the general color(s). So its between having that beauty on you or having it reflect through others and everywhere around you. Choose.
But be sure that whatever color you choose to give to your invitees and maybe fam, will automatically become your wedding color theme. Best wishes ahead, dear.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2013
Rocktation: The colors you are considering are very workable. So kudos for that. But wedding color themes are largely represented by every other person/thing and not the couples. That doesn't go to say that people never fit somewhere in the scheme, anyway. In fact, I did post a pic earlier on, in which the couple had done exactly that and with the same champagne and red. But I prefer the trend of contrasting the general color(s). So its between having that beauty on you or having it reflect through others and everywhere around you. Choose.
But be sure that whatever color you choose to give to your invitees and maybe fam, will automatically become your wedding color theme. Best wishes ahead, dear.

You don't want to respond to my post abi. ? sad
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lol!
It just seems as though, others have adequately treated your questions. I'll be right back to see if I've any thing to add sha, so don't you worry.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
@phema, nothing wrong with lace wig as long as it is properly fixed!

Your combination is ideal and yes you can use the same colors for your white. The groom can use the same combos too, ie peach top and royal blue down.

Your train's combo is good too!

I'm not really certain about the cow or chicken, because a number of factors are dependant, like are you using a caterer or cooking in the house by relatives, how many guests are you catering for, are u certain everyone likes beef. Also you mentioned trying to cut cost, a moderate cow will set you back at least 200, 000naira while a carton of chicken or turkey goes for 7500-8500naira each. 1 carton of medium sized turkey may be up to 100pieces, so do the calculations! So rather than just get beef from one cow, I suggest u give spice up the menu varieties, get fish, chicken/turkey with beef for the same price rather than just beef! (My 2cents).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.