Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,361 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? (9275 Views)

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra / Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months / Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
This might sound a bit silly, but always around night time I start to feel scared, and I don't even know why. Once I realize the time I just have this scared feeling in my heart, and I don't like it at all. In the morning when I wake up I feel great, but once it's night time I have this scared feeling and I am trying my best to feel good, but I feel as if I'm just cheating myself.

What do I do?

Actually I tend to get scared really easily, I can't listen to the news or I'll get scared. I don't feel the scary-ness in the day but once it's night time I feel super super scared. And I feel like it's just ruining me.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by onyxay: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
just say this 100 times before you sleep THE LORD HAS NOT GIVEN ME THE SPIRIT OF FEAR BUT OF POWER,LOVE AND OF A SOUND MIND.
You will surely come back with testimony-too simple but TRUE.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
Are you single?
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
onyxay: just say this 100 times before you sleep THE LORD HAS NOT GIVEN ME THE SPIRIT OF FEAR BUT OF POWER,LOVE AND OF A SOUND MIND.
You will surely come back with testimony-too simple but TRUE.

I need psychological answer and not theological crap. Listen to John Lennon-god and see list of craps I dont believe in

4 Likes

Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
musKeeto: Are you single?

Not married but got a chick. She is not in town though
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Coldfeet(f): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I need psychological answer and not theological crap. Listen to John Lennon-god and see list of craps I dont believe in
Then why not go see a psycho doctor? You asked for help and someone offered it the way they know is something wrong with that? I was once like you it got me addicted to sleeping pills! Daytime am fine but once it gets dark all the demons seems to be after me!! It got so bad that I started hanging out all night just so I could avoid sleeping at night. My cure came with FERVENT PRAYERS!!!!! Weather u like it or not that's what cured me of that nightmarish insomnia!! If you don't believe in Gods saving grace and that demons exist that can cause torment then my dear go and check urself into yaba left am sure the solution you seek will be found there! Anofia!

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by ijawkid(m): 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
@Op...you be pikin?.......

No vex for my question o......cheesy...

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid: @Op...you be pikin?.......

No vex for my question o......cheesy...

Im human.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Coldfeet: Then why not go see a psycho doctor? You asked for help and someone offered it the way they know is something wrong with that? I was once like you it got me addicted to sleeping pills! Daytime am fine but once it gets dark all the demons seems to be after me!! It got so bad that I started hanging out all night just so I could avoid sleeping at night. My cure came with FERVENT PRAYERS!!!!! Weather u like it or not that's what cured me of that nightmarish insomnia!! If you don't believe in Gods saving grace and that demons exist that can cause torment then my dear go and check urself into yaba left am sure the solution you seek will be found there! Anofia!

prayer cant change anything bro. And what are they doing in Yaba left? Are you there once? Thanks on the sleeping drug advice, I will try that
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by ijawkid(m): 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Im human.

Na which Human for this life wey dey fear for night??.....

Ok what are you really afraid of??.......

Demons??
Armed robber?...

Or what??....

Just the night?...
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Paschal007: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
Troll Alert? .'.

Shouldn't this be in health section since you know you need psychological help and not 'theological crap'?
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by pheyikemi: 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
#just saying#. Maybe u broke some1's heart hu didn't 4gv u or maybe u did smfn really silly and dat is comin back to u. So fink abt all d bad u've done.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Na which Human for this life wey dey fear for night??.....

Ok what are you really afraid of??.......

Demons??
Armed robber?...

Or what??....

Just the night?...

Fear of something unknown is in the dark. Sometime it seems like some dude knocking on my door. Or like im hearing some voice. Or presence of some men around.

Though I on the bulb and try see things around but things wont work.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Paschal007: Troll Alert? .'.

Shouldn't this be in health section since you know you need psychological help and not 'theological crap'?

i dont need you to tell me to fast or pray.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
pheyikemi: #just saying#. Maybe u broke some1's heart hu didn't 4gv u or maybe u did smfn really silly and dat is comin back to u. So fink abt all d bad u've done.

Ok sire
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Paschal007: 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

i dont need you to tell me to fast or pray.

What do you need me to tell you sir? That your sleepless nights could lead to depression and suicide?

Go to where you'll get better help. www.nairaland.com/health

Seriously you should consider praying and fasting and maybe going to church too. It once helped an atheist here though he didn't give credit to whom credit is due.
grin
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
Paschal007:

What do you need me to tell you sir? That your sleepless nights could lead to depression and suicide?

Go to where you'll get better help. www.nairaland.com/health

Seriously you should consider praying and fasting and maybe going to church too. It once helped an atheist here though he didn't give credit to whom credit is due.
grin

Is this christian version of Taqiyya ( Islamic doctrine of deceit to defend and promote Islam)
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by enilove(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
The truth is you need to be prayerful.
Make sure you pray every night b4 going to bed.
Always declare Psalm 27 and 2 Timothy 1:7 in faith.

Try at all cost to live a holy life and be prayerful.
Always soak yourself in the blood of Jesus and believe that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper.

Confess your sins and forsake them,go to God in prayers and ask Him to replace the spirit of fear with the Holy Spirit.Always confess 2Tim 1:7 and as many words of God you know that relates to fear.

With God nothing shall be impossible.
In the name of Jesus shall every knee bow and every mouth shall confess that Jesus is Lord,including spirit of fear.
So,just be prayerful every night and cover your environment with the blood of Jesus and the fire of the Holy Spirit.

God will surely give His angels charge over you,in the name if Jesus.
Have faith that there there shall no evil befall you neither shall any plague come near your dwelling place.

All you need is prayers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
enilove: The truth is you need to be prayerful.
Make sure you pray every night b4 going to bed.
Always declare Psalm 27 and 2 Timothy 1:7 in faith.

Try at all cost to live a holy life and be prayerful.
Always soak yourself in the blood of Jesus and believe that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper.

Confess your sins and forsake them,go to God in prayers and ask Him to replace the spirit of fear with the Holy Spirit.Always confess 2Tim 1:7 and as many words of God you know that relates to fear.

With God nothing shall be impossible.
In the name of Jesus shall every knee bow and every mouth shall confess that Jesus is Lord,including spirit of fear.
So,just be prayerful every night and cover your environment with the blood of Jesus and the fire of the Holy Spirit.

God will surely give His angels charge over you,in the name if Jesus.
Have faith that there there shall no evil befall you neither shall any plague come near your dwelling place.

All you need is prayers.

READY MADE ANSWER TO EVERY PROBLEM IN LIFE.. I TIRE FOR THIS ENILOVE...
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
You kiLL person?
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by saintvc(m): 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nemesis
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by nisot23(f): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
@OP,what they've told you here is the truth whether you accept it or not.You need to always pray especially for God's own peace in your life,His peace will drive out all the fear and anxiety in you.And remember that the wisdom of man is but foolishness in God's sight.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
Fear means that you believe, that a scenario that you very much do not want to happen, is very likely to happen! Therefore fear is serving an indicator that you believe in something not alighned with your being. You need to spot what makes you scared,replace it with a good or positive one. I personally do see fear as a good thing sometimes, it enables me change my beliefs.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:54am On Apr 26, 2013
nisot23: @OP,what they've told you here is the truth whether you accept it or not.You need to always pray especially for God's own peace in your life,His peace will drive out all the fear and anxiety in you.And remember that the wisdom of man is but foolishness in God's sight.

I dont believe in God. The only prayer I need is to meet up with my LORD (BRAIN).
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:05am On Apr 26, 2013
ifeness: Fear means that you believe, that a scenario that you very much do not want to happen, is very likely to happen! Therefore fear is serving an indicator that you believe in something not alighned with your being. You need to spot what makes you scared,replace it with a good or positive one. I personally do see fear as a good thing sometimes, it enables me change my beliefs.

Thanks for the advise their, I have been trying to wave up this with music
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 26, 2013
it's because you're an atheist and you used to be religious, so you're afraid of dying, and you don't know if the side of the coin you chose will favour you.
I was always afraid like you when i was tending towards atheism, but i've come to believe that God exist and you don't have to be a muslim, christian, bhuddist to believe, i came to that conclusion because there are somethings i don't understand yet

Like someone who was medically or scientifically not pregnant but gave birth in a church
How a prophet i've never met told me my past, present and future
How some people are medically fit and good to go but are very sick

Only few will understand the above, there's more to Africa than meets the eye...
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:33am On Apr 26, 2013
shol: it's because you're an atheist and you used to be religious, so you're afraid of dying, and you don't know if the side of the coin you chose will favour you.
I was always afraid like you when i was tending towards atheism, but i've come to believe that God exist and you don't have to be a muslim, christian, bhuddist to believe, i came to that conclusion because there are somethings i don't understand yet

Like someone who was medically or scientifically not pregnant but gave birth in a church
How a prophet i've never met told me my past, present and future
How some people are medically fit and good to go but are very sick

Only few will understand the above, there's more to Africa than meets the eye...

You are right with some of your point. I was feed with lies and fairy tales which are scary when I was an adolescent. Stories like an old man is following me around watching over me, some spirit in town late in the night, walking dead from grave-yard to street and others. This is what I see as the cause of this fear.

So the issue is how can I get rid of this scary myth
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You are right with some of your point. I was feed with lies and fairy tales which are scary when I was an adolescent. Stories like an old man is following me around watching over me, some spirit in town late in the night, walking dead from grave-yard to street and others. This is what I see as the cause of this fear.

Just see it as nothing or be prepared for the worse , Ideas they say ,my friend can be very helpful or very dangerous ,just get rid of the IDEA it's just the IDEA tormenting you, see it has that and nothing more....
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

It is a natural process after going through so much brain wash. The brain does react to horror movies,especially the one as bad as the christian god horror tales..... The christian story with all horrors in it makes satanism look like a child's play. My advice: think positive,free your mind- i went through that process too.

And when you become free,you will become more of yourself,the real person you were meant to be. Living with no belief system is ecstatic!
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by RedLight1: 11:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
face ur fear.... Stay late outside a bit more ...make sure its dark b4 u go home... Take ur laptop outside when u are at home in the evening and browse till like 12-2am ....do it 4 like a month consistently.... That should work... It myt be harder at first though buh u will get use to it and u wnt fear darkness anymore...... Buh i dnt think this thread should be on religion section if u dnt want mystical answers like prayers and all those craps u'v been getting

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE... Take this dude's ^^ advice.
It was like he's in my mind!
And yes, if you didn't want 'spiritual' answers, you shouldn't have brought it here.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:52am On Apr 27, 2013
shol:

Just see it as nothing or be prepared for the worse , Ideas they say ,my friend can be very helpful or very dangerous ,just get rid of the IDEA it's just the IDEA tormenting you, see it has that and nothing more....

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 69th Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo / Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult: The Christiandom Connection / This Is Getting More Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.