Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger (2419 Views)

When A Gold-digger Is In A Relationship With A Gold-digger / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else / My Experience With A Male Gold Digger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
I am dating this girl, and her parents are richer than mine. This conversation ensued between me and my girlfriend

*Middle of phone call*

Me: How are your parents

My Girlfriend: You don't care about my parent. In fact you are waiting for them to die

Me; How?

My Girlfriend: You want them to die so that you can inherit their empire.

Me: Goodbye *Ends Call*

Am i overreacting of my girl just called me a gold digger

I am starting to make excuses for her like, "it is kinda cute, she thinks we have a future together".

Please guys, help me out
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mod, front page please. This happened this morning and i am about to break up with her. Please
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ternalange: Mod, front page please. This happened this morning and i am about to break up with her. Please
Taah. Comot there. Front gini? We need more background info. When and where and how and under what circumstances did you two meet? Detail your story.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
more info
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Did not talk to her for about 30 hours (quite unusual), and she was not happy about it. We were just catching up. Nothing special
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
I am starting to think maybe she was just joking. Even if she was, is it funny? Because it is not funny to me
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
sexkillz: Taah. Comot there. Front gini? We need more background info. When and where and how and under what circumstances did you two meet? Detail your story.

We me 2010, we met in a friends place and the friend introduced us. Sexkillz, there is nothing special about the story except that line. sexkillz, if you wont take it to fp, then give me good advice.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
C'mon guys, i have always known nairaland to be a place where Nigerians help each other out. Dont let me down
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by WackyJ1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
Hmm what she said is not a light something. OP have you ever borrowed money from her or asked for financial help from her? if you have then this might have warranted it.
But personally i cannot take this, she is indirectly calling me a malicious person for wanting another person's parents dead for money, i would sit her down and talk to her, she should never repeat that statement again and if she doesn't want to see it like then then i would take a walk. no girl is worth this type of insult
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by tellwisdom: 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ternalange: I am starting to think maybe she was just joking. Even if she was, is it funny? Because it is not funny to me
Something dey worry you abi?? angry...how much una papa get wey una dey disturb us with una mumu love life

1 Like

Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
WackyJ1: Hmm what she said is not a light something. OP have you ever borrowed money from her or asked for financial help from her? if you have then this might have warranted it.
But personally i cannot take this, she is indirectly calling me a malicious person for wanting another person's parents dead for money, i would sit her down and talk to her, she should never repeat that statement again and if she doesn't want to see it like then then i would take a walk. no girl is worth this type of insult

Thank You
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by phemolisti(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
maybe u called wrong number.u should have ask her why she said that
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
tellwisdom:
Something dey worry you abi?? angry...how much una papa get wey una dey disturb us with una mumu love life

And i am the one who liked your post
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
What led to the discussion? Did u guys have a fight prior to the call? If yes, what caused the fight? Have you been asking for stuffs from her?

Do you love her because of her father's money? undecided undecided there might be an element of truth to the story, you know lipsrsealed
D statement did not come out of nowhere. Something led to it. You have to give details before people can advise you.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
@ OP.....the discussion is so un-real...the girl does not even love you one bit sf!
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
[quote
author=sexkillz]Taah.
Comot there. Front gini? We need more background info. When and where
and how and under what circumstances did you two meet? Detail your
story.

[/quote]

lol! Killz dy vex!
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by aadetoyin(f): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Maybe u have showed interest in her parent's wealth before now. Maybe u have even asked what will happen if her parents eventually die.
Just saying am sure u must ve said something before now to warrant such a statement.
Anyway, talk it over wit her to know exactly why she thinks that way and u can take it from there.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
---
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by ednut1(m): 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
deal with ur issues urself, if nl didnt exist wont u act,
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ternalange: C'mon guys, i have always known nairaland to be a place where Nigerians help each other out. Dont let me down

Bro, don't worry. We won't let you down. We are right beside you until the end. smiley
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
But that's a big insult sad
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by mudistr(m): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
lol na so people like frontpage?
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Manweysabi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
Love long lost... forgerra'bout her... she doesn't appreciate you.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Popowaa: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
tellwisdom:
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by chikk(f): 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
@OP, this your story is not enough to bring you to NL o. If she told you that on phone, you should go talk to her face-to-face. She might have been serious or not, but you'll never know until you talk to her. Her countenance and reactions to the matter will help to tell her off. Its an insult, yes, but I don't think that ground is solid enough to end your relationship. Go talk to her and find out WHY she said that. As some people have said, there must be a reason. Find out first
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by chronique(m): 2:10am On Apr 26, 2013
A gal calls you a gold digger? That's one insult that means a lot. Personally,there are things I don't take lightly and this is one of them. I'd tell her thank you and as soon as I end the call,press delete(erase her no from my phone). God help you that you collect one naira from her,the day you guys will quarel,nta and ait will hear the news of how she has been helping you.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by xavipedro(m): 3:31am On Apr 26, 2013
chronique: A gal calls you a gold digger? That's one insult that means a lot. Personally,there are things I don't take lightly and this is one of them. I'd tell her thank you and as soon as I end the call,press delete(erase her no from my phone). God help you that you collect one naira from her,the day you guys will quarel,nta and ait will hear the news of how she has been helping you.

You too much broda...@op, are you are too ponderous to delete her number from your phone? contact me for help cos am allergic to balderdash.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ranoscky(m): 4:00am On Apr 26, 2013
chronique: A gal calls you a gold digger? That's one insult that means a lot. Personally,there are things I don't take lightly and this is one of them. I'd tell her thank you and as soon as I end the call,press delete(erase her no from my phone). God help you that you collect one naira from her,the day you guys will quarel,nta and ait will hear the news of how she has been helping you.
100 Likes.

Thunder fire her left nyash! Even if her father na Dangote, wetin wan bring such unimaginable insult?
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2013
OP from your conversation we are to deduce that

1. The girl's parent is probably Aliko Dangote or Funmi Alakija. abi who wan get empire again for Naija? Politicians have properties. Their level never reach empire level

2. The girl is the only child of Dangote or Funmi Alakija (We both they have more than one child)

3. You have a very vain and proud girlfriend (if at all she exists)

The chances of a female child inheriting all her parent's property in Naija is pretty slim. Where would her father's brothers be when you come out of nowhere to inherit their brother's empire? Abi na so e easy reach?

This is Super Story abeg.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:14am On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=Ternalange]I am dating this girl, and her parents are richer than mine. This conversation ensued between me and my girlfriend

*Middle of phone call*

Me: How are your parents

My Girlfriend: You don't care about my parent. In fact you are waiting for them to die

Me; How?

My Girlfriend: You want them to die so that you can inherit their empire. @op this story get k leg how can a guy inherit a gal parents empire when he is not married to her. I think is either she is joking or u are too dump to know how to react, abeg give us more info she cant just make such comment without a reason.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by Ternalange(m): 9:26am On Apr 26, 2013
Thanks guys. I guess i am the l8est single guy on the scene *hurting* never loved her for her money tho. At least i now know the kind of person she is.
Re: Help: Am I Overreacting Or My Girlfriend Just Called Me A Gold Digger by emilyone(f): 10:12am On Apr 26, 2013
No smoke without fire. she couldnt have called you a gold digger without you not displaying one or two traits of a gold digger consciously or unconsciously . in other words, you must have been acting like one omo oju orolari around her.
forget her, and move on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strong Words To My Fellow Guys(unless U R Nt Human Den Dnt Open) / Never Trust A Woman Who... / Is This Normal Or I'm Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.