Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? (17273 Views)

Nigeria Info FM Begins Transmission In Port Harcourt / New On Radio: Nigeria Info 99.3fm Hits The Lagos Airwaves / Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by ZACHIE: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
She obviously packs knowledge in her head and spares no opportunity to make her listeners know how little they know of life.
Her position on religion is distinctly unique and strong. She seems to hold on to some eclectic fanciful sets of believes and she spares no time to make her listeners know that their religion is by no means superior to her believes.
you have to respect her for that
But, she comes across as very arrogant and offish.
This is particularity worrisome because Radio is the must friendly of the media. Matse is not friendly.
My opnon. what do you think?

Matse Uwatse (10 May 1981) popularly known as Matse is a Nigerian radio presenter. Born in Warri in Delta State, she is the daughter of John Uwatse (an engineer) and Pat Omare (a businesswoman). Uwatse works with 95.1 Wazobia FM, a Pidgin English-speaking radio station established in 2007. She hosts the midday show called "Coolele Zone".
Early Life and Education

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matse_Uwatse

Uwatse was born on the 10th of May, 1981 in Warri, Delta State in the southern parts of Nigeria. The first of ten siblings, she has six brothers and three sisters. She first attended John F. Kennedy International school in Effurun, then Our Lady's High School Effurun before moving to Federal Government College Warri. She later proceeded to Delta State University, Abraka, and had a year abroad course in French studies at Village du Benin, Togo. Matse is presently pursuing a second degree. She hosts HARD FACTS with Chuks
Awards

Uwatse won the Club Unique awards in 2008 for "Most Outstanding radio Presenter of this Generation". In 2009 she won the Women in Media and Entertainment Awards for her "Excellence in Radio Presenting", and the African Voices Awards in Nairobi, Kenya as the "Most Outstanding Radio Presenter in West Africa" 2009. In February 2010 she won the Future Awards as the "On Air Personality of the year", ELOY Awards 2010 as "Radio Personality of the year"", the Best of Nollywood (BON) awards for radio personality of 2010. In the recently concluded the Future Awards 2011, she has emerged a second time winner as "On Air

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 26, 2013
Touche touche.

No doubt she is intelligent. Her knowledge on religion and history is outstanding but I find her very cocky and rude. Talks down on anyone with disssenting views.

3 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by ZACHIE: 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
Why is highhandedness the general consensus about Matse`s radio personality? This sentiment seems to be running deep. But is it really the case?
Matse is often sure of facts and she never shies away from a fight with anyone that dares to challenge her views based on
myopic half-truths. She is forceful in such matters and i appreciate her for that.
Besides, our people too can say rubbish on air. On topics some callers know next to nothing about, you hear them sermonizing to high heavens. Ignorance can truly become blissful with the way some folks lecture on air.

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Tjohn1(m): 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
Matse is very intelligent and she doesn't dabble into topics she is not sure of, i don't see her as arrogant, just a confident lady

6 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by coldgate(f): 12:34pm On May 03, 2013
ok.

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by yuzedo: 12:37pm On May 03, 2013
Maths Who?? Op, bro, is dis free advert for yor sistar so dat peeple can no her i.e. publickcity, or is dis awearness for people to know her betday is nest week and by her jingle-bell present?? undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by emilyone(f): 12:44pm On May 03, 2013
prefare her to Tolulope Adeleru

3 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by ibkaa: 12:48pm On May 03, 2013
I started listening to her show 'Hard Facts' on Nigerian info recently and I also couldn't help noticing how rude she talks to callers. There's a lot of attitude on her show. In as much as the topics are interesting and will make a nice discuss, her attitude stinks. Matse, pls work on yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by DerFuhrer: 12:54pm On May 03, 2013
People still listen to radio in 2013?! I'll be goddamed!

2 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by neksummi(m): 12:57pm On May 03, 2013
I no know am sef!
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by EveryLadY(f): 12:59pm On May 03, 2013
If her goal in life is to prove that she is intelligent and versatile,then she is not rude.But if she wants to succeed professionally,then she is way too rude/arrogant/naughty and uncultured.
Often times the way you pass across your intelligence or massage is what matters.her haughtiness is alarming.

3 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by yuzedo: 1:12pm On May 03, 2013
Well, i foregiv her becos she have a sweet ice-cream looking laps.............. wink wink wink

Egusi flavors.. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Adex097: 1:12pm On May 03, 2013
Matshe is beautiful o shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by EveryLadY(f): 1:16pm On May 03, 2013
Adex097: Matshe is beautiful o shocked lipsrsealed

Insidely beautiful? Yea!But then there are lots more that goes for us in life other than beauty.Don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 03, 2013
Der_Fuhrer: People still listen to radio in 2013?! I'll be goddamed!
SO what do you listen to ? stupidio?

5 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by rubion: 1:22pm On May 03, 2013
Warri people are ugly ! Do people still listen to radio.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by kunmibola(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2013
For the fact that Matse is 'intelligent' doesn't mean she should talk down on listeners and callers. You can't help but notice her rudeness and arrogance on air.

4 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by mkoabiola: 1:24pm On May 03, 2013
I listened wen she was stil@wazobia fm.
Gv to matshe any day any time.
I don't see any trait of arrogance in her,though I don't listen to her prog ever snc she hasw move to nig info.

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by salt1: 1:27pm On May 03, 2013
I enjoy Matse and see absolutely nothing haughty or arrogant about her.
I can see that people like to feel important while airing their views and it will take the patience of Job not to put such people where they belong
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by aniiii(f): 1:37pm On May 03, 2013
is she crying cry
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by joeruano: 1:50pm On May 03, 2013
Ugly girls shldnt b ill-mannered, yet she is. Or r men deceiving her dat she is pretty to make her feel good? i HATE impolite presenters most esp. wen they r as ugly as Uwatse. "NO OFFEINSE" as Mr Cork wud say.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Skywalker5(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2013
hmmm. This has not been verified by Wikipedia. Also the references made there are not clickable
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Reyspin(m): 2:22pm On May 03, 2013
Haven't you guyz noticed that almost all the staffs of Nigeria Info , Cool Fm and Wazobia are very Cocky... I hardly tune to those disrespectful radio stations... Like Freeze, Matse and others.... They let deir presumed Celebrity status get into their Head and they avnt forgotten dat wivout d Listeners Radio is just a lousy electronic box... I loathe them!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by knash1(m): 2:25pm On May 03, 2013
Der_Fuhrer: People still listen to radio in 2013?! I'll be goddamed!
you are too daft. y would u make such a statement. go get your head examine. mongoloid.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 03, 2013
yuzedo: Well, i foregiv her becos she have a sweet ice-cream looking laps.............. wink wink wink

Egusi flavors.. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I will forgive her if she makes me her 'Laptop Operator'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage's EP ‘Sugarcane' Tracklist / P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please / Wizkid's Essence Now No. 11 On The Billboard Hot 100 Chart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.