Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! (2487 Views)

Atheists Have A Religion / Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
I howl with ironic laughter whenever, I hear the usual christian retort;

"Meeting atheists on the religion section was a challenge but now it has strengthened my my faith. My resolve in Christ is now stronger than ever".

The above statement is a lie. This is what christians here use to console themselves after given a hard dose of reality by atheists.

How do I know it is a lie? Very simple.

Simple research. Take the popular christian posters on this section. Note that many of them have reduced their quoting of the bible they usually throw at atheists. I took it upon myself to look up some peoples' profiles (4 christians) and compared their posts before and after 2012.

Lessons learnt;
-They now avoid quoting the bible on hell. Very much. Of course, they must be tired of being called sadists
-They now shift from a biblical god to a scientific one. They started with an omnipotent-creator-smiter but now they focus on the first cause god.
-In general, they tend to use less of the bible to defend their arguments rather some wonky philosphy or appeal to emotion.

What am I saying? The point is that many of these "strengthened" christians have actually come to the realisation that their religion is quite illogical and then, are trying their best not to look silly when talking with atheists. Some just cant leave the religion (either due to family or church position or wickedness or pride or fear of hell) and as such, they try to force their religion to be logical. Their faith is not strengthened- what the hell do you call a christian that is reluctant to quote his/her own bible, even when among other christians?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by ocheezie: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
I'm convinced that most Christians here stopped quoting the bible when discussing religion with atheists,not because they doubt the veracity,completeness or authenticity of the bible,but because atheists here have made it clear that the bible is just another fictional storybook,full of fairytales,and so what's the point of trying to enlighten someone from a source he doesn't believe in,or have an iota of regard for? Just pray for them,and let ur lifestyle and work do most of the'bible-quoting'.

1 Like

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
ocheezie: I'm convinced that most Christians here stopped quoting the bible when discussing religion with atheists,not because they doubt the veracity,completeness or authenticity of the bible,but because atheists here have made it clear that the bible is just another fictional storybook,full of fairytales,and so what's the point of trying to enlighten someone from a source he doesn't believe in,or have an iota of regard for? Just pray for them,and let ur lifestyle and work do most of the'bible-quoting'.

read the last sentence of the op, please;

Logicboy03: Their faith is not strengthened- what the hell do you call a christian that is reluctant to quote his/her own bible, [size=14pt]even when among other christians?[/size][/b]

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
Total nonsense as you often manage to produce, lb.

What reasonable debater appeals to an authority that his opponent does not recognize in debate? Well, none, lb.

You could try once more to fault the Bible on something, Lb. I'm sure the aftertaste of that will be quite familiar smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: Total nonsense as you often manage to produce, lb.

What reasonable debater appeals to an authority that his opponent does not recognize in debate? Well, none, lb.

You could try once more to fault the Bible on something, Lb. I'm sure the aftertaste of that will be quite familiar smiley

Using the bible to explain a christian position to another christian or an athiest is an appeal to authority?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 26, 2013
To explain to another Christian who recognizes the Bible's authority, of course the Bible is indispensable to a Christian.

But to explain a Christian position to an atheist who thinks the Bible is a load of hogwash using the same Bible, feel free to tell me how that is sensible.

I have discussed with you guys enough to know that there is no sense in bringing up the Scriptures until you yourselves do.

smiley
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: To explain to another Christian who recognizes the Bible's authority, of course the Bible is indispensable to a Christian.

But to explain a Christian position to an atheist who thinks the Bible is a load of hogwash using the same Bible, feel free to tell me how that is sensible.

I have discussed with you guys enough to know that there is no sense in bringing up the Scriptures until you yourselves do.

smiley

Look at the bold in your comment and then reread the op....especially the last sentence.

Please, if you have nothing to add, just shut up.

And how does one explain Jesus's teaching/Jesus without using the bible to an atheist or muslim or unbeliever?

Do you know that I didnt know much about the non-trinitarian perspective (which I now hold as an atheist but didnt as a catholic) until meeting christians here who explained it using the bible.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2013
The last sentence in your post wasn't all you said, was it?

If an atheist seeks to appreciate the Christian perspective on an issue, that is different from debating the Christian perspective. Thus, the Bible can come in. It is in such a case that, as I said, I would engage an atheist with the Bible because it is they who brought it up.

But to appeal to an authority that I fully respect and submit to as a Christian while debating an atheist who does not recognize that authority is foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: The last sentence in your post wasn't all you said, was it?

If an atheist seeks to appreciate the Christian perspective on an issue, that is different from debating the Christian perspective. Thus, the Bible can come in. It is in such a case that, as I said, I would engage an atheist with the Bible because it is they who brought it up.

But to appeal to an authority that I fully respect and submit to as a Christian while debating an atheist who does not recognize that authority is foolishness.

Yawn.

Straw manning again. You need a specific kind of atheist to make ur point. You also fail to realise that ur point in ur last sentence is irrelevant by ur first sentences. The op is beyond this.

Why not address the main issue of your bros ans sistas who quite the bible less and less?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 26, 2013
Straw manning? smiley

Anyway, considering that I'm one of the peopke who say that I have grown in faith dealing wiyh you guys, I'm actually refusing to allow you call me a liar, am I not? And, for all we know, my brothers and sisters whom you have also accused as liars are as I am.

I deliberately avoid quoting Scriptures with you people as my twin used to do too so that I can meet you somewhere and deal with your arguments. I do not refrain from quoting the Bible with my own Family but it is not always necessary to do so.

So on what do you stand to say that we have not grown in faith ever since we started dealing with you?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: Straw manning? smiley

Anyway, considering that I'm one of the peopke who say that I have grown in faith dealing wiyh you guys, I'm actually refusing to allow you call me a liar, am I not? And, for all we know, my brothers and sisters whom you have also accused as liars are as I am.

I deliberately avoid quoting Scriptures with you people as my twin used to do too so that I can meet you somewhere and deal with your arguments. I do not refrain from quoting the Bible with my own Family but it is not always necessary to do so.

So on what do you stand to say that we have not grown in faith ever since we started dealing with you?

You must really think that I am silly.

lets even take something recent.

We were discussing about God and you and your bros said that God is outside time. Does that reflect the same God in the bible?

You have grown in faith by negating the bible? smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2013
Lol. I thought it's pretty obvious that I'm not exactly the biggest fan of your intellect smiley

As for the Bible, I made a thread last year to address the competence of the non-Christian or unbeliever to interpret the Bible. I'll post the link later when I have some time to look for it.

On that thread, I tabled an argument for the incompetence of unbelievers to interpret and their inability to comprehend the Bible. You can make an effort to refute the argument smiley

As for your example, I don't remember any of you guys proving that my stand negated the Bible at all, do you?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. I thought it's pretty obvious that I'm not exactly the biggest fan of your intellect smiley

As for the Bible, I made a thread last year to address the competence of the non-Christian or unbeliever to interpret the Bible. I'll post the link later when I have some time to look for it.

On that thread, I tabled an argument for the incompetence of unbelievers to interpret and their inability to comprehend the Bible. You can make an effort to refute the argument smiley

As for your example, I don't remember any of you guys proving that my stand negated the Bible at all, do you?

Now, you are interesting......

ehem, so on your thread about competence, is it me, the atheist that has to interpret the bible or the evangelical christian to explain it for me to understand after showing me the passages?

Furthermore, I have read the bible well and been subjected to more interpretations of it than you as an ex-catholic atheist that debates both on the internet and in real life. Furthermore, I was a catholic with a more complete bible........have you read from the book of maccabees, tobit etc?

Lastly, remember that god created the world in 6 periods, he predicted noahs floods and it came to pass, he cursed future generations and he never time travelled. This Yawhweh is well inside time in the bible or at least, constrained by it.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2013
The link is https://www.nairaland.com/1057515/dont-understand-bible-christians-excuse

I'm gonna be away for a bit now. Perhaps when I return, I'll answer you.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by saintvc(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

You must really think that I am silly.

lets even take something recent.

We were discussing about God and you and your bros said that God is outside time. Does that reflect the same God in the bible?

You have grown in faith by negating the bible? smiley smiley

john 1 : 1 , in the begining was the word and ....

Jesus = word existed before the begining

jesus =GOD , henceh God existed before time, proved
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
saintvc: john 1 : 1 , in the begining was the word and ....

lmao....do you really think you made sense there? lmao

Existed before the beginning of what? The bible?

Existence is based on time. It is not only nonsensical but also non-scriptural to claim that God is outside time.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

lmao....do you really think you made sense there? lmao

Existed before the beginning of what? The bible?

Existence is based on time. It is not only nonsensical but also non-scriptural to claim that God is outside time.

You and time. Do you really know what it is all about?

1 Like

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn.

Straw manning again. You need a specific kind of atheist to make ur point. You also fail to realise that ur point in ur last sentence is irrelevant by ur first sentences. The op is beyond this.

Why not address the main issue of your bros ans sistas who quite the bible less and less?

#this blasted dislike button is broken again...

Oh well...one billion dislikes...

2 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by alexleo(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
You sound so foolish. We don't need to continue to engage in such foolish acts of forcing pigs to bath. What you have noticed is that we drastically reduced our attention on atheists. We now focus our attention more on biblical issues. You people are so irrelevant to us so we care less about you and your useless atheist views and ideas. Wake up of from your foolishness.

Logicboy03: I howl with ironic laughter whenever, I hear the usual christian retort;

"Meeting atheists on the religion section was a challenge but now it has strengthened my my faith. My resolve in Christ is now stronger than ever".

The above statement is a lie. This is what christians here use to console themselves after given a hard dose of reality by atheists.

How do I know it is a lie? Very simple.

Simple research. Take the popular christian posters on this section. Note that many of them have reduced their quoting of the bible they usually throw at atheists. I took it upon myself to look up some peoples' profiles (4 christians) and compared their posts before and after 2012.

Lessons learnt;
-They now avoid quoting the bible on hell. Very much. Of course, they must be tired of being called sadists
-They now shift from a biblical god to a scientific one. They started with an omnipotent-creator-smiter but now they focus on the first cause god.
-In general, they tend to use less of the bible to defend their arguments rather some wonky philosphy or appeal to emotion.

What am I saying? The point is that many of these "strengthened" christians have actually come to the realisation that their religion is quite illogical and then, are trying their best not to look silly when talking with atheists. Some just cant leave the religion (either due to family or church position or wickedness or pride or fear of hell) and as such, they try to force their religion to be logical. Their faith is not strengthened- what the hell do you call a christian that is reluctant to quote his/her own bible, even when among other christians?

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
alexleo: You sound so foolish. We don't need to continue to engage in such foolish acts of forcing pigs to bath. What you have noticed is that we drastically reduced our attention on atheists. We now focus our attention more on biblical issues. You people are so irrelevant to us so we care less about you and your useless atheist views and ideas. Wake up of from your foolishness.

lol....ironically, you are here engaging me....

It would do you well to read the last sentence of the op.....at least you will realise that it covers chrsitians not using the bible when discussing with other cristiANS
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
Reyginus: You and time. Do you really know what it is all about?

HUH? i dont understand ur question
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

#this blasted dislike button is broken again...

Oh well...one billion dislikes...

your opinion, your right
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

your opinion, your right

Right you are man...right you certainly are...
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

HUH? i dont understand ur question
You seem to be grounded in this issue of time within and outside our dimension.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by plaetton: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. I thought it's pretty obvious that I'm not exactly the biggest fan of your intellect smiley

Let me try to understand this:

An atheist can read the bible, but he is neither competent to understand it nor competent to discuss it. Right?
And the reason is ............, because he doesn't believe in the authenticity and authority of the bible?.

So, according to your convoluted logic, one cannot understand the bible , or, as Ijawkid would say, have scriptural reasoning, until one believes in the bible.
And ofcourse, to believe in the bible, one must first read it, not so?

So which comes first, reading the bible, or believing in the bible?.

3 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
Reyginus: You seem to be grounded in this issue of time within and outside our dimension.

Grounded or dumbfounded by the people who claim that it is possible for a being to exist outside time.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
plaetton:

Let me try to understand this:

An atheist can read the bible, but he is neither competent to understand it nor competent to discuss it. Right?
And the reason is ............, because he doesn't believe in the authenticity and authority of the bible?.

So, according to your convoluted logic, one cannot understand the bible , or, as Ijawkid would say, have scriptural reasoning, until one believes in the bible.
And ofcourse, to believe in the bible, one must first read it, not so?

So which comes first, reading the bible, or believing in the bible?.

I am also waiting for an answer to the question
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
saintvc: john 1 : 1 , in the begining was the word and ....

Considering the fact that christians claimed Jesus/yahweh wrote the bible and yet couldnt convince people as much as the science books

Could that be a proof of his low IQ? couldn't convince the morden man about his creation of the world. Mere reading the bible made me look stupid. I bet jesus goes down to be the worst author ever,couldnt put together a less contradicting fairy tale book......even when he existed long before the world. No wonder his followers are a bunch of wackos!

3 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
ifeness:

Considering the fact that christians claimed Jesus/yahweh wrote the bible and yet couldnt convince people as much as the science books

Could that be a proof of his low IQ? couldn't convince the morden man about his creation of the world. Mere reading the bible made me look stupid. I bet jesus goes down to be the worst author ever,couldnt put together a less contradicting fairy tale book......even when he existed long before the world.
No wonder his followers are a bunch of wackos!

...and your 'mind blowing' opinion (@bold) lead you to this 'breath taking' conclusion? (@red)

1 Like

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

...and your 'mind blowing' opinion (@bold) lead you to this 'breath taking' conclusion? (@red)

Erm....how are you not a wacko? Claiming that god is outside time? Does it sound logical that a being can exist oustide time?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Erm....how are you not a wacko? Claiming that god is outside time? Does it sound logical that a being can exist oustide time?

@ Striktlym

What is the average IQ of a christian is Nigeria?

A friend down the street is a midget. Lev. 21:20 states that a dwarf may not approach the alter of god; he needs to know what is the exact height requirement. Could someone please enlighten me?

I am tired of my daughter being around, so I think that I will sell her into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. Does anyone know “What is the fair market value, for a beautiful, brilliant, fun-loving daughter ?

I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is menstruating, according to Lev. 15:19-24. How do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence. Please advise me soonest, after a number of broken teeth I need help here.

You wanna tell me religion is a good and healthy way of life?

Now tell me who the wacko is?!!

3 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lol answered the wrong person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video: Muslim Man Diminishes Mohammed, Asks Muslims To Convert To Christianity / The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) / Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.