Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner (16496 Views)

2002 Jeep Liberty Maroon In Cotonou Parc Sekandji 1.75 Millions Naira / 2002 Jeep Liberty And 1998/1999 Honda Passort In Cotonou Parc Sekandji / Parc Ritis Autos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
I DECIDED TO OPEN THIS TOPIC AFTER ALL THE SCAMS A SEE HERE ON NAIRALAND

EVERYBODY HERE IS ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT COTONOU BUT ALL THE ANSWERS I SEE FROM SO CALLED AGENTS ARE WRONG.

I AM THE OWNER OF PARC FADI STAR IN COTONOU, I AM BASED HERE AND LIVE HERE

YOU CANALSO EMAIL ME\

parcfadi@yahoo.com

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
QUESTION 1
What is the system in Cotonou when I buy a car which fees do I have to pay ?

Answer : After buying any car in Cotonou in any parc. You take the car outside the gates to the custom. There you will make export Nigeria the fee is around 400.000 CFA in Total
Many agents here on Nairaland is telling 450-600,000 CFA this is wrong !

Advise : allways check with the dealer for how long the car has been there, if the car has been in the parc for over 1 year there is a penalty of 150.000 CFA. This is an amount the dealer must make minus from your price.
Allways check this so you dont end up paying this
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
QUESTION 2

Is many of the cars in Cotonou converted cars ?

Answer : No !! Cotonou is 60% Usa imported cars and 40% Europeen imported cars manly from Germany, Belgium, France and Sweden.

In Nigeria 40% of the market is from UK, and people are converting them and then telling they are geniun original LHD
This is a big problem in Nigeria

But NOT IN COTONOU
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
QUESTION 3

Why is the cars cheaper in Cotonou ?

Answer : Here is a lot of factors here let me explain

1 ) Cotonou recives around 5-6 times more cars then Lagos, which means if a dealer in Nigeria works with 10 cars monthly a dealer in cotonou works with 50-60 . Thats why an Nigeria dealer wants more profit then an Cotonou dealer.

2) The transport price is slightly lower too Cotonou.

3) Custom and clearing in Lagos port is around 400,000 N
Cotonou 400.000 CFA in Cotonou (130.000 N) 200.000 N custom on Nigerian border/
So here you save up to 50-70 k

4) Price in Cotonou are allways going down here is too much dealer and everybody wants too sell. the lowest price wins

ADVISE : come to Cotonou by yourself . I have seen many cases where the agent dident paid the custom on Nigerian border instaed he smuggled the car inside Nigeria, and putted the custom money in his pocket !
Come by yourself its very easy !!

1 Like

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
QUESTION 4

Will i Have problem on the Seme border ?

Answer : No !! Nigerian goverment makes a lot of money becuse of Cotonou car bussnies. Any officer that tells you its risky or anything like that is not telling the truth . You give the Nigerian goverment money for custom which country says no to money ?

Advise : Come by yourself handle your document alone, dont put yourself in a position where you can get scammed.
Take your original documets to the border, make your payment and be happy you will not have any problems
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by Burger01(m): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
Please, could you post your phone number, email address and Parc address in Cotonou.. this would encourage interested car buyers to deal directly with a parc owner in cotonou.

Cheers.
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
QUESTION 5

Why come by myself to Cotonou ?

Answer : Its cheaper. All the so called Agent that finds the car for you, has already made a deal with the owner before you arrive there with him. If you pay 1 Million to the Cotonou dealer in Cotonou you think that is the real price .
Its wrong, the day after the agent will go back and take 50-100 k from the dealer YOUR MONEY !

So even if you follow the agent down to Cotonou you are getting scammed

ADVISE : COME BY YOURSELF

1 Like

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
Burger01: Please, could you post your phone number, email address and Parc address in Cotonou.. this would encourage interested car buyers to deal directly with a parc owner in cotonou.

Cheers.

Good day !

My parc is

parcfadi@yahoo.com

Best Regards

1 Like

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by Burger01(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2013
parcfadi:

Good day !

My parc is

PARC FADI STAR
+22996002020
parcfadi@yahoo.com

Best Regards
Would get back to you. What is the maximum days for complete clearance to be done?

Happy sales

wink
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Please, what is the price of Honda Accord 2000/2001 full options from your parc and also Nissan Pathfinder 99 model.

You may state the price in CFA, would do the convertion.

Leave out the price of naija custom clearing, state the price of the cars which i believe already include cotonou clearing.. No?
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
Burger01:
Would get back to you. What is the maximum days for complete clearance to be done?

Happy sales

wink

If you come early morning time , then you can finish everything in Cotonou under the same day
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
Shile01: Please, what is the price of Honda Accord 2000/2001 full options from your parc and also Nissan Pathfinder 99 model.

You may state the price in CFA, would do the convertion.

Leave out the price of naija custom clearing, state the price of the cars which i believe already include cotonou clearing.. No?

Good day !

this cars are american spec cars, my parc is 100% Europeen cars.
I do have one 406, 2004 model full automatic gear up for sale
the price is amazing !
Really clean inside and out, sound engine

you can get it for 2,6 Million CFA see pictures below

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
MANY CLEAN BUSES AVAILIBLE IN
PARC FADI STAR

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
FOR ALL PEUGEOT LOVERS HERE ON NAIRALAND

AVAILIBLE AT

PARC FADI STAR

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
AVAILIBLE BOX TYPES VAN

AVAILIBLKE IN PARC FADI STAR

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by bababuff(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2013
Do I have to pay for security and car battery?
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
bababuff: Do I have to pay for security and car battery?

security is included in the 400,000 CFA , in My parc i give car with battery allways
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by Onosy: 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
What is the cost of a Toyota corolla 2004 model and a Toyota Camry 1999 model with the clearing in cotonou... Please don't include the Seme Border Clearing (Nigeria)
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by deji47: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
mr parcfadi, thanks for the eye opening information. May GOD continue to bless u. Pls am looking forward to coming there next month. How much is a 2003 toyota corolla LE/Sport now. thanks in advance.
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
Onosy: What is the cost of a Toyota corolla 2004 model and a Toyota Camry 1999 model with the clearing in cotonou... Please don't include the Seme Border Clearing (Nigeria)

Corolla 3,3 Million CFA +400.000 CFA custom

Camry 2,2 Million CFA + 400,000 CFA custom
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
deji47: mr parcfadi, thanks for the eye opening information. May GOD continue to bless u. Pls am looking forward to coming there next month. How much is a 2003 toyota corolla LE/Sport now. thanks in advance.

Current price in Cotonou as we speak are around 3,5 Million CFA
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by hakeemlagos: 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2013
I just came back after buying my car from PF
a part of the agremt ws that i will write here about my deal with him.
so here it comes.

To be honest everything was like he told me beofre me arrival there the car was geuin lhd very clean i drove it back without even adding water. He gave me batteri with the car as promised and the custom a paid in cotonou was 400 k cefa as he also promised.so i can really recommend him i saved 300 K Naira becuse i bought it from cotonou and dident had to pay any agent. So i am happy and i can tell you all that next time i will buy a new ride i will go back to same place.

Belive in God
Peace

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
hakeemlagos: I just came back after buying my car from PF
a part of the agremt ws that i will write here about my deal with him.
so here it comes.

To be honest everything was like he told me beofre me arrival there the car was geuin lhd very clean i drove it back without even adding water. He gave me batteri with the car as promised and the custom a paid in cotonou was 400 k cefa as he also promised.so i can really recommend him i saved 300 K Naira becuse i bought it from cotonou and dident had to pay any agent. So i am happy and i can tell you all that next time i will buy a new ride i will go back to same place.

Belive in God
Peace

Thanks a lot ! I am happy that you are satisfied with your buy
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 5:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
QUESTION

If I buy a car in Cotonou do i have to buy a battery by myself

Answer : Ok this question really makes my angry why ? easy 99% of the cars that comes to Cotonou comes by Ro Ro (Roll on / Roll Off) So how will the car roll on and roll of without battery how will it roll off without tires ?

If you buy a car you dont buy it without tires, so how can you buy a car or pay extra money for a car withoit battery ??
AGAIN ! only a new way for people to scam again !

any car dealer in Cotonou sells all car with batteries DONT ACCEPT from anybody agent or dealer in Cotonou to pay extra money for battery !!!
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by chronique(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
Funny how you say an agent who takes a buyer to cotonou is scamming the buyer by collecting 50k - 100k back behind the buyer. Are they suppose to do it for free? Are they not rendering services to their clients? You sound like a bad biznessman trying to put others down to rise. There's a difference between a person scamming and a person charging for a job done. I'm not a cotonou dealer though so don't think I'm fighting my cause;no. Weight your choice of words properly else you put other genuine dealers in bad light. Coming out plainly to tell people yours is cheaper would have been more appropriate. It's just like me telling people that other clearing agents are scamming people because my price is cheaper than theirs;it's a wrong assertion. Try to understand words properly before using them. I know the average car buyer is ready to sidetrack the dealer to get it cheaper from the importer. If a dealer goes behind to get a cut,then he's probably dealing with a shylock buyer;I speak from experience. All the same,wish you luck.
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
chronique: Funny how you say an agent who takes a buyer to cotonou is scamming the buyer by collecting 50k - 100k back behind the buyer. Are they suppose to do it for free? Are they not rendering services to their clients? You sound like a bad biznessman trying to put others down to rise. There's a difference between a person scamming and a person charging for a job done. I'm not a cotonou dealer though so don't think I'm fighting my cause;no. Weight your choice of words properly else you put other genuine dealers in bad light. Coming out plainly to tell people yours is cheaper would have been more appropriate. It's just like me telling people that other clearing agents are scamming people because my price is cheaper than theirs;it's a wrong assertion. Try to understand words properly before using them. I know the average car buyer is ready to sidetrack the dealer to get it cheaper from the importer. If a dealer goes behind to get a cut,then he's probably dealing with a shylock buyer;I speak from experience. All the same,wish you luck.

Good day ! I do understand you 100% ! Agent must make money asweel no doubt ! but let them do it the right way, they are already debiting the client for their service so why debit them again in the actuall car price ? I have seen many deals go away becuse of the agent is asking for too much ! so the car dealer in cotonou loses the deal and the buyer doesnt get his car becuse of the agent greed . So do you think this is right? 2 people will lose dealer and buyer becuse of 1 agents greed .

Belive my words cotonou bussnies has gone down 50% becuse of people are afraid and its all becuse of the agents. If this keeps on going maybe Cotonou will be closing after 5 years. So is it right that maybe 5000 people working in Cotonou car market will be without jobs becuse of greedy agents ??

The Agents destroyes the market !

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by Onosy: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2013
chronique: Funny how you say an agent who takes a buyer to cotonou is scamming the buyer by collecting 50k - 100k back behind the buyer. Are they suppose to do it for free? Are they not rendering services to their clients? You sound like a bad biznessman trying to put others down to rise. There's a difference between a person scamming and a person charging for a job done. I'm not a cotonou dealer though so don't think I'm fighting my cause;no. Weight your choice of words properly else you put other genuine dealers in bad light. Coming out plainly to tell people yours is cheaper would have been more appropriate. It's just like me telling people that other clearing agents are scamming people because my price is cheaper than theirs;it's a wrong assertion. Try to understand words properly before using them. I know the average car buyer is ready to sidetrack the dealer to get it cheaper from the importer. If a dealer goes behind to get a cut,then he's probably dealing with a shylock buyer;I speak from experience. All the same,wish you luck.

No agent take a buyer to cotonou for free, after charging the buyer for their services, they try to get more money behind the buyer's back....

and the buyer will think its just the money they bargained that the agent is getting...no matter how you paint it, a scam is a scam any day anytime....

we do bad things and call it good names...do u think its easy making the money....after working for your money one guy in the name of an agent will want to collect one's money illigally because they know a little more about the biz than the buyer...

bad people don't like honesty but i must give kudos to Parcfadi for coming out plain. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by chronique(m): 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
parcfadi:

Good day ! I do understand you 100% ! Agent must make money asweel no doubt ! but let them do it the right way, they are already debiting the client for their service so why debit them again in the actuall car price ? I have seen many deals go away becuse of the agent is asking for too much ! so the car dealer in cotonou loses the deal and the buyer doesnt get his car becuse of the agent greed . So do you think this is right? 2 people will lose dealer and buyer becuse of 1 agents greed .

Belive my words cotonou bussnies has gone down 50% becuse of people are afraid and its all becuse of the agents. If this keeps on going maybe Cotonou will be closing after 5 years. So is it right that maybe 5000 people working in Cotonou car market will be without jobs becuse of greedy agents ??

The Agents destroyes the market !

Ok. I understand you better. Charging them once should be it. Same thing happens in lagos... Anyways,I don't do cotonou so I can't say much on what goes on there. Cheers!
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
Onosy:

No agent take a buyer to cotonou for free, after charging the buyer for their services, they try to get more money behind the buyer's back....

and the buyer will think its just the money they bargained that the agent is getting...no matter how you paint it, a scam is a scam any day anytime....

we do bad things and call it good names...do u think its easy making the money....after working for your money one guy in the name of an agent will want to collect one's money illigally because they know a little more about the biz than the buyer...

bad people don't like honesty but i must give kudos to Parcfadi for coming out plain. Thanks!

The truth is many times not nice, in the long term if there wasent so many scammed there would be 100 times more people that wants their cars from cotonou and in that way the agent would have 100 times more clients.
But people are only think short terms fast money, nobody is thinking long terms that is the problem.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by chronique(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
Onosy:

Wasn't defending the bad part of the agents. He's explained better and I thinker with his points.
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
and to CHRONIQUE

hakeem has bought total 2 cars from me and i have asked him for same thing every time
I am sure he will clearify that.
Re: The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner by parcfadi(m): 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
Avensis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Need A Neatly Used Toyota Carina E.factory Fitted Ac / BMW 3 Series Coja For Sale In Ibadan At N540,000 / 2010 Model Toyota 4runner Limited Edition Toks Full Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.