Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams (8404 Views)

Falae: OPC Threatens Reprisal Attack On Fulani Herdsmen / Pay Me My Money - Fasehun To Buhari / Fasehun's OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by nep2ra(m): 12:10am On Apr 27, 2013

A fresh crisis may be brewing in the South-West as Dr. Frederick Fasehun- led faction of the Oodua Peoples Congress on Friday warned Gani Adams, the leader of a breakaway faction of the pan Yoruba group, to desist from making negative remarks against Fasheun or risk expulsion.

Clashes between the two factions in the past had led to deaths in some South-West cities.

Deputy National Coordinator of the Fasheun-led faction, Mr. Ogunmoye Odunayo, who issued the warning at a press conference in Lagos on Friday, said the office of the national coordinator of the OPC which Adams currently occupies could be given to another deserving member of the group.

He said the warning was based on Adams interview in Saturday PUNCH of April 20, 2013.

Odunayo, who claimed that Adams’ comments in the media were meant to whip up undue support, warned the national coordinator to remember the Yoruba culture of honouring elders.

He said, “In recent times, we have read some comments about the establishment and formation of the Oodua Peoples Congress. Gani joined the congress four years after it was formed. We expect him to have used the peace brokered by former Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State to retrace his steps back to the congress.

“Instead, he has continued to use abusive comments against the person of our founder and president who is old enough to be his father. In Yoruba culture, you do not slap your elders. We want to say enough is enough.

“The position of national coordinator or any other office in the OPC are neither permanent nor a family affair. It can be revoked at any time and given to other deserving member of the congress.”

The deputy national coordinator said Adams was never a founding member of OPC, contrary to his claim in the interview.

He noted that Gani Adams formed a breakaway faction of OPC on March 1, 1999 “for reasons best known to him,” a few years after he joined the group.

Odunayo said, “As far back as 1994 in the early days of the OPC founded by Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Gani Adams was not known to our president or members of the congress.”

Adams, he claimed, came to the limelight in 1998 “after the arrest of Dr. Fredrick Fasheun by the late head of state, Gen. Sani Abacha, during our meeting at Olusoga in Mushin, Lagos State, when he (Gani) contributed to the discussions.”

The deputy coordinator however stated that a former Minister of Health, the late Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti, was one of the founders of OPC.

On Fasehun’s plan to resuscitate the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria, Odunayo said the OPC founder was simply exercising his “inalienable right like every other Nigerian.”

Reacting on behalf of Gani Adams, his Personal Assistant, Mr. Segun Akanni, described Odunayo as a ‘faceless person’.

He said it was strange that someone who did not know how or when OPC came to be could issue a threat of expulsion against a key founder of the organisation.

He said nine persons, including Adams, Fasehun and others, sat down in the chambers of Opeyemi Bamidele, a former commissioner in Lagos State and currently a member of the House of Representatives, at 110, Palm Avenue, Mushin Lagos, on August 25, 1994 to form the group.

Akanni said, “The person speaking, Ogunoye Odunayo, is a faceless person and there is no place in OPC record where such a name exists. Those who formed OPC were Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Gani Adams, late Tony Ngurube, late Olumide Adeniji, Silas Alani, Evangelist Kunle Adesokan, late Ibrahim Abobanawo, late Ibrahim Atanda and Mrs. Idowu Adebowale.

“And in the document which Fasehun and Adams signed after the reconciliation of the two leaders in Ogun State Government House in Abeokuta in 2005, the only two people recognised as leaders of OPC are Fredrick Fasehun as founding father and spiritual father and Gani Adams as national coordinator. So, we don’t know anybody as deputy national coordinator. In fact, I am hearing the name for the first time.

“When the battle was tough, where was the busybody called Ogunoye Odunayo? How can such a faceless person threaten to expel a founding figure like Gani Adams from OPC? As far as we are concerned, such a threat from Fasehun’s camp is a non-issue.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/fasehuns-opc-threatens-to-expel-gani-adams/
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 27, 2013
See wetin 2.2billion naira monthly wan cause? Fasheun is really trading on a dangerous ground. I just hope what happened to Funsho Williams will not happen to him anyway.

1 Like

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by IB5(f): 12:59am On Apr 27, 2013
I see the work of Jonathan and the PDP cool
I only wish Faseun doesn't sell the future of his unborn children for an amount that won't exceed a decade.

8 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by superior1: 1:35am On Apr 27, 2013
I-B.:
I only wish Faseun doesn't sell the future of his unborn children for an amount that won't exceed a decade.

Sold already plus im own join

1 Like

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 27, 2013
I'm laughing oo... Thrones will be destroyed, heads will roll; but the crown will remain!

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by ekoilee: 2:24am On Apr 27, 2013
I really don;t care for both clowns, but Fasheun is digging his own grave. Fasheun is OPC on paper and inside office, but Gani is the power and soul of OPC, he's totally in control of OPC manpower and strength.

Who cares anyways?
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by iykak47: 2:47am On Apr 27, 2013
I-B.:
Keep blamimg Jonathan and PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by seunfly: 6:38am On Apr 27, 2013
iykak47: Keep blamimg Jonathan and PDP.
why won't she blame them?
Why empower thugs and rascal with money, when youth who are decent are roaming the street jobless?
Oga jona is trying is best in his transformation agenda which is good for the nation, but he has to stop douling money out to Opc, nurtw, mend, arewa youth, massob youth wing etc because that money will be used to cause trouble in the nation. Rather such money should be paid to passing out NYSC member to establish themselve.

8 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Emyogalanya: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2013
Ok now make send am commot e concern me
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Akpaife(m): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2013
I-B.:
God will also judge u as u judge GEJ 4 nothing
So if some piple dey hav problem na GEJ
Nepa no bring na GEJ
Boko harm killing piple na GEJ
Everytin abt corruption na GEJ
God will also judge u like dat
Foolish citizen

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by PurestBoy(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2013
I'm not suprised, Yoruba people are not united. They killed MKO, Bola Ige, betrayed Diya etc and these are the guys issuing threat statement to almighty Bokos. I laugh in Mandarin

6 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Afam4eva(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee: I really don;t care for both clowns, but Fasheun is digging his own grave. Fasheun is OPC on paper and inside office, but Gani is the power and soul of OPC, he's totally in control of OPC manpower and strength.

Who cares anyways?
Are you saying this because Faseun does not support ACN?

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Achieverbaba: 10:36am On Apr 27, 2013
Akpa ife:
God will also judge u as u judge GEJ 4 nothing
So if some piple dey hav problem na GEJ
Nepa no bring na GEJ
Boko harm killing piple na GEJ
Everytin abt corruption na GEJ
God will also judge u like dat
Foolish citizen
Dude..calm down, i can see ur not current nor observant enuf. Why would he blame GEJ? am sure is plan to stir this part of Nigeria is finally happening. Aw could u provide 'thugs' wiv 2.2billion naira monthly nd expect this kinda thing not to happen?? U tell me!
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by miqos02(m): 10:36am On Apr 27, 2013
o ya expel him
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Wizlittle: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2013
GEJ is realy a slumber destroying nigeria he is encouraging thugs to continue, y will he issue dat kind of money to rascals anyway am nt surprise mitcheeeeeeew
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by halogen02: 11:08am On Apr 27, 2013
I suspect a game of divide and rule here! "Yoruba ronu wo"! "Alale ile yi agbe wa ooo"!!!
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by dridowu: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2013
Love of Money ? Causing disunity among brothers
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by ochukoccna: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you saying this because Faseun does not support ACN?
You mean to tell me you have eyes but CANNOT see? undecided
This is not about ACN or PDP but the reality on ground in the OPC
Don't remain a learner

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by 2fine2fast(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
I really respect Dr Fasheun, but he really needs to slow his roll.
He is on the path of demystifying himself.
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Roland17(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
Enough if the threathening and talk, we have heard this line from both of u for ages, when are we seeing action? no be to dey talk talk.
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by HighChief4(m): 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
Just throw in some money and some people will sell their brothers. SMH embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by SUBMARINE: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
Pls GEJ settle Gani Adams and use both men to raise two different political parties strong enough to evict ACN 4rm d SW thereby depriving d Muslim North a Southern pawn(Pro-ACN Yorubas) in d upcoming 2015 electoral war. Truly d clueless president is a master in political strategy.
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by meforyou1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
The illiterate carpenter gani adams. Signing peace agreement at ogun state govt house. Wonders shall never end
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by RealMccoy2(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
No matter the affiliation, a black man is a blackman. Ego and material things are our worst enemies.
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by SUBMARINE: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2013
2.2billion naira in 24months 4 fasehun is equivalent to 52.8billion naira and if d same is given 2 Adams it will amount 2 105.6billion naira. So with 40billion naira, strong grassroot/non-indigene politics and FG support, OPC should be able to destroy or shake ACN's foundation.

1 Like

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by SUBMARINE: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wit 40billion naira all wat OPC nids 2 do in order 2 win SW votes, is 2 declare owambe parties thru out d SW 4 street urchins, jobless youths, rural dwellers while reminding d well to do yorubas d treachery/betrayal AWO sufferred in d hands of Muslim North and d threat of BH 2 d SW
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by backtosender: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
see wetin oil money is doing to greedy yorubas

1 Like

Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by SUBMARINE: 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
GEJ pls use the OPC to remind the Yorubas the projects & lifestyle of AWO and help them to compare it with that of ACN. Pls encourage the OPC to use the media extensively in convincing the Yorubas. GEJ truly is a master in political strategy who has outshined OBJ.
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by Mortiple(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
Greed and love of money seem to have relocated its abode from one part of Nigeria to another. I used to think it is only Ndigbo that done speak with one voice in Nigeria?

O P C!! Toku-toku!!!
Hahaha!!!
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by tjmc: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
berem: See wetin 2.2billion naira monthly wan cause? Fasheun is really trading on a dangerous ground. I just hope what happened to Funsho Williams will not happen to him anyway.

Later dem go tell me say na ibo people like moni pass.

Fighting over pioeline deals. Let the fight begin
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by batstan(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
grin money answereth all things; including retardeen's call. I'm watsheeen u closely
Re: Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams by skies(m): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
me_for_you: The illiterate carpenter gani adams. Signing peace agreement at ogun state govt house. Wonders shall never end

As illiterate as you claim him to be,
He controls tens of thousands of men. I don't think you father ever
Control 10 men..omo were

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Have Now Started Nigeria Presidential Election----online POLL / Breaking News! Tune In To AIT / Court Case Stalls N833bn Stamp Duty Fund Utilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.