Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:30 PM

Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled (14204 Views)

April 11 Polls: 18,000 Security Personnel Deployed To Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara / 8,000 Security Personnel Mobilised In Sokoto For Saturday’s Guber Elections / Lagos Installs 10,000 Security Cameras. Feds Installed 121 In Lagos, Abuja, Ph. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 2:38am On Apr 27, 2013
Is it not shameful when the Federal Government takes everything political?! Doing the wrong thing to prove superiority at the detriment of 'it' citizens. Drawing progressive minds back due to 'it' incompetence and lack of ideas...

2013-04-27 00:00:04
The cold war between the Federal Government and Lagos State Government may be the reason why the latter has stopped the Lagos Safe City Project, a scheme aimed at providing 10,000 solar-powered closed circuit cameras all over the metropolis, Saturday PUNCH has learnt.

This emerged against the backdrop of the increasing cases of kidnapping in Lagos, a menace that has defied efforts by the police and other in the state.

While making enquiries about police effort in tracking kidnappers through the security cameras in the state, a police source at the State Criminal Investigation Department told our correspondent that security cameras had never been used in their investigations.

"The only time we make use of CCTV cameras is when our investigation takes us to a hotel or mall with security cameras. But if it is a crime committed on a Lagos road, forget it," the source said.

Governor Babatunde Fashola had stated in January 2009 that the 10,000 cameras the state planned to install were to help to reduce crime in the state.

At a demonstration event, Fashola said the number of policemen in the state was inadequate considering the number of people in the state.

He said at the time, "Eighteen million people cannot be protected and policed by 33,000 people. This is impossible. No matter how much we try to increase the number of policemen, we cannot continue to do the same thing and expect a different result.

"In an information technology-driven world, we have to be counted as one of those states and communities which will adopt best practices. Cameras, sensors, tracking devices are the nerve centre of these facilities that would assist men and officers of the police force, fire service among others to do their duty much more effectively."

The project was to be funded by the Lagos Security Trust Fund while the cameras were supposed to be managed remotely through a central security command unit. Four years after this announcement was made, the state has not had a taste of those promises.

Our correspondent contacted the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba, on why the cameras have yet to be installed as the governor promised.

Ibirogba simply said the matter was out of the hands of the state government.

He said, "The problem with the issue of security cameras has nothing to do with the state government.

"When we were about to embark on their installation, the Federal Government contacted us and said we needed to stop. The reason we were given was that the FG had a scheme in the pipeline, which involved the installation of security cameras all over major cities in the country.

"According to the Federal Government, Lagos was going to be in the first phase of the project. That was why we stopped our own project.

"But we have since written a letter to the Federal Government, asking it to tell us those locations where the cameras will be installed so that when we begin to install ours, we would not duplicate locations. That is where we currently stand."

A state government official, who is also familiar with the issue, said the Federal Government's negative attitude to it might be political.

"We all know the security cameras issue may remain buried as far as the Federal Government is concerned. If you think the Federal Government is overly concerned about Lagos, a state that is not controlled by the Peoples Democratic Party, then you are naïve," the government source said.

Efforts to get the Presidency's reaction did not yield positive result on Thursday as the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, could not be reached on his not pick the calls made to his telephone line.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-blocks-installation-of-10000-security-cameras-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 2:41am On Apr 27, 2013
Comments from The punch

Edo Boy: Fashola is working, Lagos is moving. I guess GEJ is always ammazed at the rate of development in Lagos anytime he visits. Eko oni baje.

Yinka: Igbo people have been waiting for new Niger bridge since 1985 and Lagos is complaining of a promise made by FG in 2011. FG has been fixing ORE-BENIN since 1999 and still not completed. Lagos is asking too much from an inefficient government. I will advice Lagosians to wait till 2020. {Re: Eko Atlantic: Lagos is not asking for the FG to do the job, Lagos is only being indered by the FG from doing it on her own}

Tokunbo: What manner of democracy is this?is this true federalism? We need a party that will enthrone true federalism. Lagos i s a sovereign state has to wait for Federal govt before installing common CCTV cameras. Bloody jokers. Lagos state has a responsibilty to protect lives and properties of its citizens so wateva it takes the govt should do it. Same way states wait for FG to construct road within the state metropolis at the detriment of the lives of its citizens..this is a bastardized democracy..the same way the FG rakes 1.3trn naira annually from the apapa wharf and cant even spend 10m to patch the road ...Lagos is a state allow it to control its resources and take care of its citizendds..not this nonsense we call democracy.

at the top: solar powered wireless cctv camera is not feasible and a waste of money. number one is that the solare cells are completely unreliable. the wireless transmitter does not last. it ages with time. the best method would have been the use of separate power plant to power all of them with proper cabling. don't waste your money lagos.

Reply to "at the top"
papaemeka: Stop using made in China my friend. I live in England with limited sunlight and there are solar panels in a lot of installations. In fact in a lot of buildings and organisations promoting sustainability, solar energy is being utilized. Why not naija with the sunlight we have. Corruption!!!

Otunba: The federal govt is wicked to have done this. Lagos needs a cctv camera like her fellow mega cities in the world. What the FG govt has done is a demonstration of their reactionary tendencies which has retarded development in the nation. This same FG dat has failed repeatedly to rebuild the Lagos-Ibadan road since 1999, had also rejected the south-west Acn governors offer to reconstruct the road. This shows that the FG is determined to frustrate the developmental initiatives of leaders who are desirous of development in their domain. May God save us from this wicked leaders.

Ife: so because of pride, the FG would rather prefer lagos state remains insecure. the president should ask himself if he is the president of Nigeria or that of the PDP. This kind of behaviour is simply nauseous.
IT is this same stupid mindset that prevented them from allowing OYO, OGUN and LAGOS states from reconstructing the lagos- ibadan expressway ( which they would probably have done an excellent job, if only to embarass the FG), afteral Edo and Ondo states were allowed to repair parts of benin-ore road.
Politics will not kill all the common sense of this Otuoke fisherman. Anyway , i just remembered he doesnt give a damn, even if the entire population of lagos die on that road.

growthengine: Why don't Lagos pass a law establishing or supporting a private investigation industry with license to bear arms. And then stop making noise about its plans. Quietly set up cameras or establish a law that all private premises and car parks which are especially high profile must have surveillance CCTV cameras with support from lasg. That is a way around the fg. That way information can be easily gathered

Musa: OLu James Omosule said: - I'm confident that 'WE' the people of Nigeria have the courage and the resilience and the spirit to overcome our challenges. We must come together and move forward, as one nation under God. I love this country more than you can imagine. God bless you all and God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria.

Join the movement for Change at omosuleforpresident dot com to become a member, and it's free. You can Share, E-mail, Forward, Copy and Paste this message to your friends and tell them to do the same.

3 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by iykak47: 3:29am On Apr 27, 2013
The truth is that Lagos state is not ready to install security cameras. When did Fashola start taking order from Abuja?
Blaming FG for his shortcoming is irritating and childish.

If Fashola installs security cameras in Lagos, will federal government destroy them?

8 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by purpleclouds: 3:32am On Apr 27, 2013
One day e go betta for you grin
you need a PDP break grin

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Tolexander: 4:09am On Apr 27, 2013
iykak47: The truth is that Lagos state is not ready to install security cameras. When did Fashola start taking order from Abuja?
Blaming FG for his shortcoming is irritating and childish.

If Fashola installs security cameras in Lagos, will federal government destroy them?

"When we were about
to embark on their
installation, the
Federal Government
[size=18pt]contacted[/size] us and said
we needed to stop.

The reason we were
given was that the FG
had a scheme in the
pipeline, which
involved the
installation of security
cameras all over major
cities in the country.
"According to the
Federal Government,
Lagos was going to be
in the first phase of
the project. That was
why we stopped our
own project.
"But we have since
written a letter to the
Federal Government,
asking it to tell us
those locations where
the cameras will be
installed so that when
we begin to install
ours, we would not
duplicate locations.
That is where we
currently stand."

14 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Goddex: 4:13am On Apr 27, 2013
The strategy now is to blame FG for every lapses of opposition controlled states. The last time it was the Lagos - Badagry expressway which they promised to complete in 2014. This is 2013 and Fashola has only done 3% of the work from Orile - Mile 2. Meanwhile, they had rushed to take over this road from FG because of greed about the billions they will be making from toll fees and now they cannot complete it.

The practice of using Punch, Premium times etc to propagate falsehood and deceit is now their trademark. I have read through the article over and over and all I see is FG FG FG FG FG. Is FG a name of a person? Who in the FG is blocking the project?

16 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Kairoseki77: 4:34am On Apr 27, 2013
If GEJ was really serious about seeing Nigeria develop, he would step down and nominate Fashola for President.

If we are honest, he is the best politician in the nation. It will be a shame to lose him after 2015.
Not even tribalists and laptop dogs can attack Fashola, they are forced to attack Tinubu instead.

The only people against Fashola are tribalists and goons that are ashamed of the peace and progress in that state.

34 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Maxymilliano(m): 5:58am On Apr 27, 2013
I guess the hotels, shopping malls, banks and business organizations that make use of CCTV also got directive from the FG before installing it in their respective facilities or was that not what the commissioner insinuated

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 6:06am On Apr 27, 2013
Edo Boy: Fashola is working, Lagos is moving. I guess GEJ is always ammazed at the rate of development in Lagos anytime he visits. Eko oni baje.

Fashola is working
Lagos is moving
...and then Lagosians are _________ ??

It is one thing to be busy, it is another thing to be busy doing nothing.

The same people you failed to develop would end up destroying all your "works".

Nigerians do not really understand the meaning of development..
It is very easy to demolish a whole town, and then invite the chinese to come build the world tallest building cool

But a building managed by incompetent people doing a job they do not even understand is worthless.

Introducing anything & every infrastructure you see abroad to your state without introducing the character, job, mentality of the people there is a waste of time.

Btw, stop using the word - Federal Government. Who is the F.G? Goodluck Jonathan? cos it seems thats the only name some Nairalanders call each time they here F.G.

Listen & listen carefully, oh ye bigoted rude government, the F.G comprises of over 100,000 workers. So which and who are you talking about

3 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 6:09am On Apr 27, 2013
^^
The management team

6 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 6:17am On Apr 27, 2013
Yinka: Igbo people have been waiting for new Niger bridge since 1985 and Lagos is complaining of a promise made by FG in 2011. FG has been fixing ORE-BENIN since 1999 and still not completed. Lagos is asking too much from an inefficient government. I will advice Lagosians to wait till 2020.

Cracked me up, lol... 'Cause GEJ still has 98% from there, hoping he'll do the bridge soon since he promised them., may be by 2020.

6 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 6:18am On Apr 27, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Yinka: Igbo people have been waiting for new Niger bridge since 1985 and Lagos is complaining of a promise made by FG in 2011. FG has been fixing ORE-BENIN since 1999 and still not completed. Lagos is asking too much from an inefficient government. I will advice Lagosians to wait till 2020.

Cracked me up, lol... 'Cause GEJ still has 98% from there, hoping he'll do the bridge soon since he promised them., may be by 2020.

lmao... This is why I always say the joke is on them.

4 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 6:19am On Apr 27, 2013
Eko Atlantic: ^^
The management team
Which team?

Who are those in the team?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 6:25am On Apr 27, 2013
Maxymilliano: I guess the hotels, shopping malls, banks and business organizations that make use of CCTV also got directive from the FG before installing it in their respective facilities or was that not what the commissioner insinuated

Why duplicate cameras and waste resources all over the place? It is up to the usual goofy and incompetent FG to step up and say go ahead and do your thing, we are not ready.

They shouldn't have interfered with the state's plan to start with. This worhtless federal government is Nigeria's obstacle and I don't see this country positively going anywhere with this kind of counter productive and incompetent FG.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Why duplicate cameras and waste resources all over the place? It is up to the usual goofy and incompetent FG to step up and say go ahead and do your thing, we are not ready.

They shouldn't have interfered with the state's plan to start with. This worhtless federal government is Nigeria's obstacle and I don't see this country positively going anywhere with this kind of counter productive and incompetent FG.

You people just open your mouth and insult F.G.
Who will manage the cctv? is it not the same "incompetent" Nigerian Police Force in Lagos? Who employed the NPF? Fashola??
Can Fashola employ all the F.G workers in Lagos? What is a state without the F.G?
If the F.G withdraw/sack all F.G staff in Lagos, don't you think you and your Fashola are doomed??

The refusal of you and your Fashola to remain loyal will cost you guys so many things. You are not the only ACN state... Edo state governor is also working but we never hear bad stories and complains from Oshiomole..

You guys need to ask yourselves, "what is wrong with us?"
Did F.G complained when he banned okada?
cctv has to do with security! Peoples lives are NOT safe if that thing is not managed effectively! Don't be a dummy! you think Nigeria and Nigerians is Fashola's property?? you must be a dreamer!

4 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by GeneralJ(m): 6:46am On Apr 27, 2013
I guess Jonathan is just too baffled and amazed by the Development in Lagos, and does not want to let Fash's Administration to be more ahead of him, in terms of actual development...

5 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 6:53am On Apr 27, 2013
Goddex: The strategy now is to blame FG for every lapses of opposition controlled states. The last time it was the Lagos - Badagry expressway which they promised to complete in 2014. This is 2013 and Fashola has only done 3% of the work from Orile - Mile 2. Meanwhile, they had rushed to take over this road from FG because of greed about the billions they will be making from toll fees and now they cannot complete it.

The practice of using Punch, Premium times etc to propagate falsehood and deceit is now their trademark. I have read through the article over and over and all I see is FG FG FG FG FG. Is FG a name of a person? Who in the FG is blocking the project?

And you think those reasons given shouldn't be put on the FG? If the FG is not ready to take the blame, then leave the state Government to explode to any extent without giving excuses to hinder plans for development which the state has proposed.

I think you omitted this

"When we were about to embark on their installation, the Federal Government contacted us and said we needed to stop. The reason we were given was that the FG had a scheme in the pipeline, which involved the installation of security cameras all over major cities in the country.

"According to the Federal Government, Lagos was going to be in the first phase of the project. That was why we stopped our own project.

"But we have since written a letter to the Federal Government, asking it to tell us those locations where the cameras will be installed so that when we begin to install ours, we would not duplicate locations. That is where we currently stand."

Blaming fashola for Badagary! Yes he should be blamed for the slow speed at which the project is moving, but mehn the project is on.
Shouldn't we also ask about Lagos-Ibadan expressway that's the FG is in charge, mehn that road is more vital to the nations economy but nothing has been done.
Forget not about Ikorodu-mile12 6lane road with Brt lane that LSG took over which belongs to the FG.

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 6:57am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:
Which team?

Who are those in the team?

You don't expect me to feed you right? Stop being funny.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

Who will manage the cctv? is it not the same "incompetent" Nigerian Police Force in Lagos? Who employed the NPF? Fashola??
Can Fashola employ all the F.G workers in Lagos? What is a state without the F.G?
If the F.G withdraw/sack all F.G staff in Lagos, don't you think you and your Fashola are doomed??

The refusal of you and your Fashola to remain loyal will cost you guys so many things. You are not the only ACN state... Edo state governor is also working but we never hear bad stories and complains from Oshiomole..

cctv has to do with security! Peoples lives are NOT safe if that thing is not managed effectively! Don't be a dummy! you think Nigeria and Nigerians is Fashola's property?? you must be a dreamer!
I am sorry to say your post reflect the sorry state of an ignorant individual. This is an issue deserving serious attention from the government in the land and to think that the FG would engage the LASG government in a childish fight over superiority says a lot. If the FG was serious about getting the project implemented, surely, the right thing to do is to direct the affected ministry to collaborate with the state government rather than embarking on a separate project of her own.

Lagos already has a COMMAND and CONTROL station for her cctv project and all that is required to have these cameras in place and a special unit set up in the security agency that would be responsible for these cctv. Here in the UK, the police are not responsible for the cctvs but they have unlimited access to them in carrying out their policing operations.

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 7:03am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

[s]You people just open your mouth and insult F.G.
If the F.G withdraw/sack all F.G staff in Lagos, don't you think you and your Fashola is doomed??

cctv has to do with security! peoples lives are NOT safe if that thing is not managed effectively! Don't be a dummy! you think Nigeria and Nigerians is Fashola's property?? you must be a dreamer![/s]

Shut up, we have our own well equipped command and control center to monitor our streets, we just need you people to get out of our way with your fake cameras....

Fashola Hands Over Security Command And Control Centre

www.nairaland.com/attachments/651930_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/651932_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9

15 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 7:05am On Apr 27, 2013
GeneralJ: I guess Jonathan is just too baffled and amazed by the Development in Lagos, and does not want to let Fash's Administration to be more ahead of him, in terms of actual development...so you see, the people that are blaming
On the contrary, I think the president has bad advisers that are not giving Him the right advice, hence He is unable to make the correct decisions because these advisers see Him, GEJ as a weakling.

I am not fully convinced GEJ is to be blamed on this cctv project, but rather, the FG. The minister of interior should be briefing the President and advising Him rightly on subject like this and He should be at the fore front making sure such a project is completed speedily giving the economic havoc insecurity has wrecked on the nationhood in the past 4years.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by theripper3: 7:06am On Apr 27, 2013
Is the FG stopping dem from fixing most of the bad roads in the state, at least the state roads.? Is there a work station for this CCTV camera. Everytin about ACN led lagos is always a we against them mentality. They should stop dis antagonistic mindset, it is unhealthy. Criticize wen need be but their goons on Nairaland and their party should know that Lagos State is a subset of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 7:08am On Apr 27, 2013
the_ripper3: Is the FG stopping dem from fixing most of the bad roads in the state, at least the state roads.? Is there a work station for this CCTV camera. Everytin about ACN led lagos is always a we against them mentality. They should stop dis antagonistic mindset, it is unhealthy. Criticize wen need be but their goons on Nairaland and their party should know that Lagos State is a subset of Nigeria.
Will you stop displaying your ignorance and do some research? Has Lagos not completed a security command and control centre that is already functional with the trial cctv already installed in some places? We're you not on NL when a couple of months ago the Lagos State police command was able to foil a major robbery attack on a bank with the aid of some of these cctvs?

6 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 7:09am On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I am sorry to say your post reflect the sorry state of an ignorant individual. This is an issue deserving serious attention from the government in the land and to think that the FG would engage the LASG government in a childish fight over superiority says a lot. If the FG was serious about getting the project implemented, surely, the right thing to do is to direct the affected ministry to collaborate with the state government rather than embarking on a separate project of her own.

Lagos already has a COMMAND and CONTROL station for her cctv project and all that is required to have these cameras in place and a special unit set up in the security agency that would be responsible for these cctv. Here in the UK, the police are not responsible for the cctvs but they have unlimited access to them in carrying out their policing operations.

This is what we get when people import cctv from UK, train & rail way from China, security ideas from U.S, rule of government from U.K, all to be managed by unskilled Nigerian personnel.

We are waiting for the end product.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

Incompetent! Like there is another option. That's what Nigerians are stuck with. Do you think they wouldn't have been better off under the state government? Again, put the blame of their incompetent nature on the FG since it's in control of the NPF.

Acidosis:
Have you tested LSG to have know it won't be safe and effectively managed under her?

3 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 7:17am On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Shut up, we have our own well equipped command and control center to monitor our streets, we just need you people to get out of our way with your fake cameras....

Fashola Hands Over Security Command And Control Centre

www.nairaland.com/attachments/651930_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/651932_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9

LOL! If we go, we'll render hundred of thousands of Lagosians jobless..
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

LOL! If we go, we'll render hundred of thousands of Lagosians jobless..

Weak and stale comedy is all you have left? I'll pass..
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by fckyourman: 7:22am On Apr 27, 2013
Fashola is working, Jonathan is sleeping

9 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 7:23am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

This is what we get when people import cctv from UK, train & rail way from China, security ideas from U.S, rule of government from U.K, all to be managed by unskilled Nigerian personnel.

We are waiting for the end product.
What are you on about? Is it the criminal vigilantes that dot the landscape of Nigeria that are now more experienced in the use of cctv? I have just explained to you that it is not necessarily the NPF that would be operating these cctv, rather they would need their output to help them police the state. What has this got to do with importation of cctv?

3 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What are you on about? Is it the criminal vigilantes that dot the landscape of Nigeria that are now more experienced in the use of cctv? I have just explained to you that it is not necessarily the NPF that would be operating these cctv, rather the would need their output to help them police the state. What has this got to do with importation of cctv?

I scratched my head at that for a min too...
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 7:33am On Apr 27, 2013
the_ripper3: Is the FG stopping dem from fixing most of the bad roads in the state, at least the state roads.? Is there a work station for this CCTV camera. Everytin about ACN led lagos is always a we against them mentality. They should stop dis antagonistic mindset, it is unhealthy. Criticize wen need be but their goons on Nairaland and their party should know that Lagos State is a subset of Nigeria.

It's not just Lagos, it's the same with Ogun, Imo and even Edo.
You mean all these states gov are wrong! perhaps because they belong to the opposition. The Fg needs to be watchful, bullying your state governments is 'really' shameful.

3 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On Apr 27, 2013
Eko Atlantic:
Incompetent! Like there is another option. That's what Nigerians are stuck with. Do you think they wouldn't have been better off under the state government? Again, put the blame of their incompetent nature on the FG since it's in control of the NPF.

Have you tested LSG to have know it won't be safe and effectively managed under her?

I know you guys are desperately in need of a 'country' to be called LAGOS grin

No matter how hard you try, you'll remain in Nigeria.. rulled by the F.G, controlled by the F.G and treated like any other Nigerian state.. cool grin You can't change that; you can't beat that.

Just because your tribe, your person, your brother is not on seat doesn't mean you can do whatever...

That reminds me, I hope your governor have settled scores with the Nigerian army? I learnt he wanted to fight them the last time The PRESIDENT of THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC GCFR gave the army an order to control the hooligans on the streets?? grin
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambassadorial List: Buhari Agrees To Withdraw Nominees / Social Media Is Now A Menace, Must Be Regulated - Gbajabiamila / Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.