Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,603 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? (1946 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? / If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2013
Here are comments made by religious people both on and off Nairaland.

1) All atheists are fools and my bible says so (psalm 14;1)

2) Being a catholic does not make one a christian

3) In Islam, we respect women.....(2 comments later)....a man can hit his wife in certain situations

4) Evolution is a lie from hell

5) In islam, Jesus was a muslim

6) Nature shows that we have an intelligent designer/creator (consider that if even that were true, it is a million times more likely that there were creators not just one creator for everything that is mass produced needs more than one producer)

7)God is outside time. (note that being outside time is contradictory and logically impossible)

cool Jesus was without sin (yes, but indirectly calling a needy woman a dog and then delaying her son's healing just because she wasnt a Jew is not a sin)

9) Islam is a religion of peace

10) Atheism is a white man/foreign religion

My top 10 favourite religious lies.....number 10 is my favourite.

How can religions so true carry so much false baggage? Compare this to atheism or humanis....how many lies can you get out of them? Or still, I beckon unto people to give their favourite religious lies......

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ooman(m): 7:31am On Apr 27, 2013
11. God created things and allow them to evolve.

This particular lie is being propagated by Striktlymi on NL, how he could not know that such thought would term god lazy beats me.

12. The whole universe was made for man and man alone.

13. All atheists and fans of other religions will burn in hell, only xtians will make heaven.

grin
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 27, 2013
ooman: 11. God created things and allow them to evolve.

This particular lie is being propagated by Striktlymi on NL, how he could not know that such thought would term god lazy beats me.

12. The whole universe was made for man and man alone.

13. All atheists and fans of other religions will burn in hell, only xtians will make heaven.

grin

lol at number 12!!!

Anthropomorphism at its extreme!

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ooman(m): 7:40am On Apr 27, 2013
This one really beats me.

14. Scientists once thought that the universe was 12-15 million years old shocked grin

www.nairaland.com/915300/chance-intelligent-design-creation#10617977
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2013
15) Atheism is the corollary of evil (Enigma and Ihedinobi's best line)

Ooman, you cant beat this!!!
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Danyell(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2013
Is Christianity the only religion? Oh well, it doesn't matter.
I personally don't like that atheists are fools part. I mean they would believe in God if he would just come down to mount Sinai again.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Is Christianity the only religion? Oh well, it doesn't matter.
I personally don't like that atheists are fools part. I mean they would believe in God if he would just come down to mount Sinai again.

lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy

There some, Islamic stuff in the op
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Danyell(m): 8:03am On Apr 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy

There some, Islamic stuff in the op
Yes I saw them but they were few compared to the ones by christians and like I said it doesn't matter. These people find a need to impose their religion on every other person, we might as well point out a few flaws in their beliefs.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Yes I saw them but they were few compared to the ones by christians and like I said it doesn't matter. These people find a need to impose their religion on every other person, we might as well point out a few flaws in their beliefs.

agreed
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by alfaman2: 8:27am On Apr 27, 2013
16) Islam is a religion of peace.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ooman(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2013
^^^already in the op
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2013
alfaman2: 16) Islam is a religion of peace.

Wait, were you ever a muslim?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by nokia3310: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2013
1. Muhammad fell in love with the wife of his adopted son, God reveal a verse urging Muhammad to marry her.

2. God spent so much time teaching Muhammad about cutting nails, shaving pubic hears and how to step into d toilet but he forgot to tell him about how slavery is a crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ooman(m): 9:39am On Apr 27, 2013
^^^NL religion section is so much of an amusement park.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by nokia3310: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2013
Allah and Yahweh don't seems to know the meaning of some words, pride themselves as merciful god but still threatening people with hell fire. ever wonder what mode of punishment they would've dish out to unbelievers if they were to be harsh gods.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:

also remember that christainity too imposed its religion by gunpoint and cannonade. wink

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Danyell(m): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

also remember that christainity too imposed its religion by gunpoint and cannonade. wink
And they replaced every pagan concept of God with their own concept of God.
Imagine my shock when I realised that Olodumare, Chineke, Obasi, Oghene etc etc are in no way related to Yahweh or any Christian conception.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by RedLight1: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
nokia3310: Allah and Yahweh don't seems to know the meaning of some words, pride themselves as merciful god but still threatening people with hell fire. ever wonder what mode of punishment they would've dish out to unbelievers if they were to be harsh gods.
choii cheesy grin
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by alfaman2: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wait, were you ever a muslim?

doG forbid.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by alfaman2: 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Imagine my shock when I realised that Olodumare, Chineke, Obasi, Oghene etc etc are in no way related to Yahweh or any Christian conception.

Those are some powerful names that we actually shouldn't take in vain.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
nokia3310: Allah and Yahweh don't seems to know the meaning of some words, pride themselves as merciful god but still threatening people with hell fire. ever wonder what mode of punishment they would've dish out to unbelievers if they were to be harsh gods.

Wait a minute! What about Zeus?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
ifeness:

Wait a minute! What about Zeus?

what about Zeus? unfortunately Zeus worship can never be revived. Most of the mysteries of the Greek Oracles and cults have been destroyed and lost. The original Greeks are today extinct.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:

Everything christianity is pagan anyway,the holiday’s, Like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, thanksgiving. They were pagan religion’s long before Christianity was in the thought’s of men.. Samhain, Is today’s Halloween, The pagan’s Yule holiday, is Christianity’s Christmas, Which both coincidentally is the same day.. As is Samhain.. Notice the word Yule used.. A very common pagan word, used for Christmas.. It is The Holiday is a celebration for Rebirth and Life.. The Holiday Imbolic, Is today’s groundhog day.. Still..
The Pagan Holiday Eostara is Christian’s easter.. The holiday is a celebration of rebirth.. Which is a coincidence considering it is considered the day that Jesus Rose again.. Our Religion Mabon.. Is Christian’s thanks’ giving.. Which is also a day for giving thanks’..
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

what about Zeus? unfortunately Zeus worship can never be revived. Most of the mysteries of the Greek Oracles and cults have been destroyed and lost. The original Greeks are today extinct.

Just as jesus will soon be extinct,poor christians angry. His stories were written over a thousand years .....The list of how many people share the same story and same trait’s is seemingly endless.. Which is obvious that there was a man somewhere that has done the same thing has him.. One example of many.. Horus was also born of the virgin Isis , He is the Only Begotten son of Osiris, His Foster father was Seb, Also meaning Jo-seph.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
17) the empty tomb proves Jesus’s ressurection!

Yes, my empty car proves my ability to fly.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 3:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
Jesus is not God
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
Addition

Yahweh is a lovely and peaceful god.

Thanks to Obadiah, he showed us that this monster is a war lord, full of beef and hatred

#ramen

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Addition

Yahweh is a lovely and peaceful god.

Thanks to Obadiah, he showed us that this monster is a war lord, full of beef and hatred

#ramen

Lmao
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
ifeness:

Everything christianity is pagan anyway,the holiday’s, Like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, thanksgiving. They were pagan religion’s long before Christianity was in the thought’s of men.. Samhain, Is today’s Halloween, The pagan’s Yule holiday, is Christianity’s Christmas, Which both coincidentally is the same day.. As is Samhain.. Notice the word Yule used.. A very common pagan word, used for Christmas.. It is The Holiday is a celebration for Rebirth and Life.. The Holiday Imbolic, Is today’s groundhog day.. Still..
The Pagan Holiday Eostara is Christian’s easter.. The holiday is a celebration of rebirth.. Which is a coincidence considering it is considered the day that Jesus Rose again.. Our Religion Mabon.. Is Christian’s thanks’ giving.. Which is also a day for giving thanks’..

Everything in the world began Pagan. THis is a Pagan world.

christianity is badly done plagarized man-made Paganism.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2013
CHALLENGING VERSES IN QURAN

God said in Quran“Say: ‘If all mankind and the jinn would come together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce its like even though they exerted all and their strength in aiding one another.’” (Quran 17:88)

ANOTHER VERSES
Almighty says:’’And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our  servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If  there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.’’ (Al-Baqara –the Cow-: 23-24)

ANOTHER VERSE
“Or do they say that he has invented it? Say (to them), ‘Bring ten invented chapters like it, and call (for help) on whomever you can besides God, if you are truthful.” (Quran 11:13)

ANOTHER VERSE
“And if you all are in doubt about what I have revealed to My servant, bring a single chapter like it, and call your witnesses besides God if you are truthful.” (Quran 2:23)

ALSO ANOTHER ONE
God says: "We have without doubt, sent down the message and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption.)" (15:9)

THIS IS CHALLENGING TO ALL RELIGION IN THIS FORUM TO BRING THE SAMETHING FROM THEIR SCRIPTURE, IF TRULY THEIR RELIGION IS FROM GOD
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by nnofaith: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02: CHALLENGING VERSES IN QURAN

God said in Quran“Say: ‘If all mankind and the jinn would come together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce its like even though they exerted all and their strength in aiding one another.’” (Quran 17:88)

ANOTHER VERSES
Almighty says:’’And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our  servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If  there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.’’ (Al-Baqara –the Cow-: 23-24) your point?

ANOTHER VERSE
“Or do they say that he has invented it? Say (to them), ‘Bring ten invented chapters like it, and call (for help) on whomever you can besides God, if you are truthful.” (Quran 11:13)

ANOTHER VERSE
“And if you all are in doubt about what I have revealed to My servant, bring a single chapter like it, and call your witnesses besides God if you are truthful.” (Quran 2:23)

ALSO ANOTHER ONE
God says: "We have without doubt, sent down the message and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption.)" (15:9)

THIS IS CHALLENGING TO ALL RELIGION IN THIS FORUM TO BRING THE SAMETHING FROM THEIR SCRIPTURE, IF TRULY THEIR RELIGION IS FROM GOD
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by nnofaith: 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
Question: why do you believe the koran?
Answer : mohammed said we should.
Question: why do you believe mohammed?
Answer : the koran said we should.

like seriously?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Bible Really The Word Of God? / The 4 Traditionalists Challenging Pastor Odumeje On Corpse Resurrection Boast / Nigerians Misunderstood My March 27 Prophecy On Coronavirus" –TB Joshua Cries Ou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.