Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Historical Jesus Never Existed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Historical Jesus Never Existed (1483 Views)

3 Things Jesus Never Said / Jesus Never Died, Said Myles Munroe The Occultist / Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
I know that the title of this thread will come as a shock to many Christians who hold this man (son of God) in high regard but the truth is you have been lied to.
There is absolutely no evidence to show that this man (son of God) ever existed.
The only proof that we have of his existence can be found in the gospels which cannot really be trusted since they were not written by eye witnesses but were written based on hearsay and are actually copies of copies of copies of copies of the original that has been lost (how convenient). There is no proof for the existence of his 12 disciples or any of his early followers. Another thing is that the story of Jesus is very similar to popular myths (that preceded Christianity) that were held by many when Christianity was still taking shape chief among this is the story of Mithras who was born of a virgin (on december 25th), was very knowledgeable as a child, was baptised, performed miracles, healed the sick, raised the dead, exorcised demons, ate the last supper, was crucified and was raised up on the third day.
There were many factions of Christianity and some of them even held the belief that the story of Jesus was an allegory with deep spiritual meaning but they were wiped off when the popular brand of Christianity was endorsed by Constantine who did a good job of making sure that heretics (a fancy name for those who did not believe in fairytales) and those who held different views about Jesus were destroyed.
Bottom line is this: you have been living a lie, there is no proof that Jesus once roamed the earth.
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^ Something for the Christians.
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by RedLight1: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
so what abt mohammed?
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
How did you come about your conclusion?
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
Red-Light:
so what abt mohammed?
I don' bother myself with Islam because it is plagiarised from Christianity albeit it was twisted to suit the Arabian warlords. Mohammed did exist and was an ordinary man with a mental condition (he thought he was receiving visions from angel Gay-bread).
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
Bolushalom: How did you come about your conclusion?
Meditation and deep consultation with the loch-ness monster who is a friend of Santa and an enemy to the flying spaghetti monster.
How do you think I came to this conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by RedLight1: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
I don' bother myself with Islam because it is plagiarised from Christianity albeit it was twisted to suit the Arabian warlords. Mohammed did exist and was an ordinary man with a mental condition (he thought he was receiving visions from angel Gay-bread).
then i think this post z flawed is mohammahed did exist
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
Red-Light:
then i think this post z flawed is mohammahed did exist
Islam came years after Christianity was already established. Mohammed's existence doesn't prove the existence of Jesus. Mohammed was just another believer who had a problem with mainstream Christianity so he decided to break off. You do realise that the story of Jesus in the Quran is different from the one in the Bible.
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by monalicious(f): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
I think ur story is baseless,if its based on your personal meditations. I'm sorry,but that's not sufficient to debunk the fact that Jesus Christ actually existed. I expectd to see references from history books or something,with references people can look up,not your shallow mind. Do more research before you...
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by RedLight1: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Islam came years after Christianity was already established. Mohammed's existence doesn't prove the existence of Jesus. Mohammed was just another believer who had a problem with mainstream Christianity so he decided to break off. You do realise that the story of Jesus in the Quran is different from the one in the Bible.
the word "christian" means followers of christ or christ like... Can there be atheists if religion did not exist? There wnt be negroes if slave trade didnt exist... According to history, mohammed came 600yrs after jesus and he believed in didnt believe mainstream religion buh he believed in jesus.
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
monalicious: I think ur story is baseless,if its based on your personal meditations. I'm sorry,but that's not sufficient to debunk the fact that Jesus Christ actually existed. I expected to see references from history books or something,with references people can look up,not your shallow mind. Do more research before you...
You don't have to take my words at face value but the fact is that apart from the gospels, there is no where else you will find support for the existence of Jesus.
For someone like Julius Ceasar, we can easily verify his historicity because there are multiple proofs to show that he existed. For Jesus, we have nothing but the gospels (that were not even written by eye-witnesses).
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
Red-Light:
the word "christian" means followers of christ or christ like... Can there be atheists if religion did not exist?
yes! If there were no religion, every one would be an atheist.
There won't be negroes if slave trade didnt exist...
Wrong! There would be negroes. Negroes were existing before the slave trade began.
According to history, mohammed came 600yrs after jesus and he believed in didnt believe mainstream religion buh he believed in jesus.
I believe in Santa Claus so that means that he once roamed the earth looking for the perfect gifts for "good" children. He has now ascended to the right hand side of the loch-ness monster. Since I believe, it means that Santa is a historical figure right?
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
Imagine the bible was written 500 years after the said jesus died. Who wrote his stories and how much truth could have been remembered after hundreds of years? All his stories are similar to Horus's

Him and Jesus are of Royal Descent, Both born in a cave, An Angel came to both, and Warned Isis of her virgin birth, 3 king’s came to Jesus following a star to the east, 3 solar deities, Followed a star to the east, to find Horus, Mother Isis was told at the birth of Horus "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.". As Joseph, Father of Jesus was told "Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.". Both were teacher’s at the age of 12, They were both Baptized at the age of 30, Horus Baptized by Anup, as Jesus baptized by John the Baptist, Both Anup, and John were Beheaded. Horus and Jesus both performed many miracles, such as Raising the dead, Water to wine, Walking on water, and many more.. Later He was Betrayed by A close friend and Disciple, To then be crucified and then cast into a tomb.. Both resurrected 3 day’s later, to then later descend into the heaven’s.. Keep in mind, This is only one story that is similar to the story of Jesus.. And also.. Much Much older.. There are so many, it would take entirely too long to go through it all, Although, if you wish to research yourself.. I will list a few name’s… Odin of the Norse, Mithra, Krishna, Gautama a.k.a.Buddha, Attis , Zoroaster, Dionysus, Quetzaloatl, Tammuz, Alestis, Esus, Bel, Bali, Orpheus, Iao and Wittoba.. Keep in mind. .There are many many more..

1 Like

Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
monalicious: I think ur story is baseless,if its based on your personal meditations. I'm sorry,but that's not sufficient to debunk the fact that Jesus Christ actually existed. I expectd to see references from history books or something,with references people can look up,not your shallow mind. Do more research before you...
He was being sarcastic, and even if he has read books that formed this opinion of his, he needs to do more research just like u suggested, his story is shallow.
@Op, we know u read, when I asked about how you came about ur conclusion, I was expecting that you provide references. I read about an article online about non-bibilical evidences that Jesus existed, which counters your assertion that there is only biblical evidence that Jesus ever existed.

There are many secular historians who lived in the century after the death of Jesus Christ who confirmed his existence. Here are some of them:

Flavius Josephus

According to his Wikipedia entry: “Titus Flavius Josephus (37 – c. 100), was a 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian and hagiographer of priestly and royal ancestry who recorded Jewish history, with special emphasis on the 1st century AD and the First Jewish–Roman War, which resulted in the Destruction of Jerusalem and its temple in 70.”

His most important works were The Jewish War (c. 75) and Antiquities of the Jews (c. 94).  The Jewish War recounts the Jewish revolt against Roman occupation (66–70). Antiquities of the Jews recounts the history of the world from a Jewish perspective for an ostensibly Roman audience. These works provide valuable insight into 1st century Judaism and the background of Early Christianity.

Josephus was a Jew who did not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God or Christianity. In The Antiquities of the Jews, book 18, chapter 3, paragraph 3 the famous historian Flavius Josephus writes:

“Now, there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.” (source)

Later Josephus writes:

“But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as law-breakers, he delivered them over to be stoned.” (source)

Josephus considered one of the greatest historians of antiquity, independently provides proof and evidence that Jesus was a real person who did exist and also confirms the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross under the orders of Pontius Pilate, thus confirming the Biblical account as well
http://beginningandend.com/category/christiannews/latestnews/.

1 Like

Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Delafruita(m): 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
Red-Light:
the word "christian" means followers of christ or christ like... Can there be atheists if religion did not exist? There wnt be negroes if slave trade didnt exist... According to history, mohammed came 600yrs after jesus and he believed in didnt believe mainstream religion buh he believed in jesus.
jesus suppossedly had thousands of followers,how come not a single historian of his time mentioned him?Seneca recorded events during the time jesus supposedly lived,so did pliny the elder.both didnt mention him.the first supposed mention of jesus by a historian was in testimonium flavonium where josephus flavius supposedly made mention of him.its however curious that that phrase was never discovered by any historian till the fourth century when eusebius points it out.curiously eusebius was placed in charge of compiling the bible by constantine.do the maths
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Delafruita(m): 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
Bolushalom:
He was being sarcastic, and even if he has read books that formed this opinion of his, he needs to do more research just like u suggested, his story is shallow.
@Op, we know u read, when I asked about how you came about ur conclusion, I was expecting that you provide references. I read about an article online about non-bibilical evidences that Jesus existed, which counters your assertion that there is only biblical evidence that Jesus ever existed.

There are many secular historians who lived in the century after the death of Jesus Christ who confirmed his existence. Here are some of them:

Flavius Josephus

According to his Wikipedia entry: “Titus Flavius Josephus (37 – c. 100), was a 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian and hagiographer of priestly and royal ancestry who recorded Jewish history, with special emphasis on the 1st century AD and the First Jewish–Roman War, which resulted in the Destruction of Jerusalem and its temple in 70.”

His most important works were The Jewish War (c. 75) and Antiquities of the Jews (c. 94).  The Jewish War recounts the Jewish revolt against Roman occupation (66–70). Antiquities of the Jews recounts the history of the world from a Jewish perspective for an ostensibly Roman audience. These works provide valuable insight into 1st century Judaism and the background of Early Christianity.

Josephus was a Jew who did not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God or Christianity. In The Antiquities of the Jews, book 18, chapter 3, paragraph 3 the famous historian Flavius Josephus writes:

“Now, there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.” (source)

Later Josephus writes:

“But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as law-breakers, he delivered them over to be stoned.” (source)

Josephus considered one of the greatest historians of antiquity, independently provides proof and evidence that Jesus was a real person who did exist and also confirms the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross under the orders of Pontius Pilate, thus confirming the Biblical account as well
http://beginningandend.com/category/christiannews/latestnews/.
first,josephus was born after jesus supposedly died.josephus was captured when the romans quelled the isreali rebellion in 66AD.he lived the rest of his life in rome.

second,the first mention of testimonium flavanium which you quoted was made by eusebius in the 4th century.eusebius is a confirmed interpolator.

thirdly,when was jesus born?only 2 people try to explain it.first was mathew who said jesus was born during the reign of herod the great.supposedly 4years before herod died.herod died in 4BC.whie luke says he was born in the first year when quirinius was governor of syria.quirinius was made governor after herod antipas was deposed in 6AD.thats a difference of almost 12years.perhaps you can explain that to us
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
Christians should go and Google "The PISO family". They wrote the new testament. The old testament was just Hebrews (NOT JEWS=Khazarians ­=Ashkenazis) writing about their life experiences.

The whole Christian mode of worship was based on Ancient Egyptian Book of the dead and the teachings of Pharaoh Amun Ra. That is why all religions end with Amen, Amin, Amina etc meaning "May it be done!" even the original 10 commandments changed 3 times.
Google "the real 10 commandments". Did God change his mind or did Moses embellish the truth?
The first commandments were simple. The Book of the Dead that was used by Ancient Egyptians had many commandments, many of which were simple and intended to care for everyone's welfare, especially keeping their environment clean for good health. They represented a caring and loving god, not the Piso family scary angry God. The Piso family represented a very rude Jesus until I wondered just how those words could be of God. But of course, we were coerced to believe that, do all that they told us to do or burn in hell!!!!!
What a way to control mankind! Now thousands of years later, those writings determine national and international laws and govern the lives of billions. As I was researching about the Pole Shift and 2012 Cataclysm (it will still come) I went into the ancient and the medieval world and realized that we have been had!!!!!!!!!!!! ­!!My only regret is that we do not have missionaries that can teach us all the Ancient Egyptian belief systems that united people at the time. We need to return to the ancient texts and poke holes on all those theories of organized religions which are just money minting corporations. All of them have a lot to protect. The lies, the cover ups, the mind control plans. There is no bigger business than religious tourism.
Remove Mecca and oil from Saudi Arabia and it will be a least developed country. Italy is falling slowly because fewer and fewer people are that much into Christianity and all the religious souvenirs that kept their people employed are not being bought.
As an African, I suggest that All Black Moslem people go for pilgrimages at Timbuktu, and all Black Christians go to pilgrimage in Axum Ethiopia. They will all be treated with respect and all their monies will grow the economies of Africa.
80% of Muslims live in Africa. As for Christians, Africans have a significant proportion of Christians. We need to go back to our roots instead of trying to keep up with changing doctrines and and values. I am not a racist, I just stated what can work for Africans and Afro-descendant­s. If other people wish to join our pilgrimages in Africa, they are welcome. In fact, Africa has always welcomed people irrespective of color....especi­ally if their intent is not to kill others.... Jesus was a teacher, not a god. The trinity began in Ancient Egypt...Isis, Osiris and Horus and the Bible, Hindu and other ancient texts were based on that Ancient Egyptian trinity.
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by RedLight1: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
yes! If there were no religion, every one would be an atheist.
everyone would be an atheist but no one will claim to be an atheist if the religion didnt exist in he first place
Wrong! There would be negroes. Negroes were existing before the slave trade began.
i was referring to african Americans, black Europeans etc
I believe in Santa Claus so that means that he once roamed the earth looking for the perfect gifts for "good" children. He has now ascended to the right hand side of the loch-ness monster. Since I believe, it means that Santa is a historical figure right?
lol u cant compare santa with jesus ... the two are way too different ...
Re: Historical Jesus Never Existed by Danyell(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
Red-Light:
everyone would be an atheist but no one will claim to be an atheist if the religion didnt exist in the first place
It doesn't matter whether they claim it or not, they would by default be atheists
i was referring to african Americans, black Europeans etc
my point still stands.
lol u cant compare santa with jesus ... the two are way too different ...
why do you say so?

(1) (Reply)

"Is Jesus Going To Return During The Blood-red Moon Of 2015?" / Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? / Cannibalism Endorsed By The Bible God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.