Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (52119 Views)

Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
Lord_Reed:
Eyah. Ask the other guy who got it from computer village where the shop is exactly.
The only people i know on dis thread who hav bought dis device got it outside lagos, Abj to be precise. You cant even get useful info on their facebook page, the coy are not serious abut the Nigerian market imo.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Abeg clear me again, where exactly is Device & Gadgets? Is the same Banex with Slot or the one opposite Slot? I want to go there on Monday.

The other banex with diamond bank (the shop is very close to Diamond Bank).Call this number 08036997708, I was there yesterday to buy ctrl V1 for somebody and the D1 is very much available. The guy is the major distributor in Abuja and he's selling at cheaper rate. The other guy behind slot is selling at 43k.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 5:11am On Jun 02, 2013
busoye19:

The other banex with diamond bank (the shop is very close to Diamond Bank).Call this number 08036997708, I was there yesterday to buy ctrl V1 for somebody and the D1 is very much available. The guy is the major distributor in Abuja and he's selling at cheaper rate. The other guy behind slot is selling at 43k.

Thanks man! I am so there on monday. Does he have the G pad G2? I just might do a comparison.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Dimeji1976(m): 5:28am On Jun 02, 2013
Who will buy a China phone more than 30k?
busoye19:

I bought it few hrs ago at Devices & Gadgets, Banex plaza 38k.
I'm still charging it sha. I will feed the house on the performances later.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 5:35am On Jun 02, 2013
Rooting the Dream D1 from Xda:
[url]forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2254543[/url]
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2013
busoye19:
Bro is both sim 3g? as in can i browse on 3g with sim 2? Also heard the screen can work with hand glooves and other object, how tru is dis? Thenks
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nuel01(m): 9:47am On Jun 02, 2013
Pls can sm1 tell me hw much samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 cost nw because sm1 told me dat its abt 49k in samsung shop nw n jumia says 53k. I want 2 get one immediately. Tanx guys. I knw here is nt samsung thread. Can i hv slots website or phone numb, so dat i contact dem?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2013
Nuel01: Pls can sm1 tell me hw much samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 cost nw because sm1 told me dat its abt 49k in samsung shop nw n jumia says 53k. I want 2 get one immediately. Tanx guys. I knw here is nt samsung thread. Can i hv slots website or phone numb, so dat i contact dem?
www.slotlimited.com
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
Guys that have bought this phone should tell us how about the picture qualities. The phone is very nice, but I read that picture quality is nothing to write home about in some websites. How clear are the pictures? What about pictures snapped in low lit areas?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
TrebleChamp: Bro is both sim 3g? as in can i browse on 3g with sim 2? Also heard the screen can work with hand glooves and other object, how tru is dis? Thenks

Also busoye19 can you confirm if it can do wifi tethering?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
s3nn2x: Guys that have bought this phone should tell us how about the picture qualities. The phone is very nice, but I read that picture quality is nothing to write home about in some websites. How clear are the pictures? What about pictures snapped in low lit areas?
Picture quality is ok for a China phone of this quality it has hdr capture which enhances the pictures further and pictures under low light is definitely poor my bold 6 can take better low light pictures
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
@Namzy
Can you confirm wifi hotspot?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 12:16am On Jun 03, 2013
Lord_Reed: @Namzy
Can you confirm wifi hotspot?
Confirmed and working used it for bis on my bold 6
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 12:25am On Jun 03, 2013
Pic

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 1:02am On Jun 03, 2013
more

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by henry007(m): 1:26am On Jun 03, 2013
omobone:

As for needing extra batteries, I never worry about that since you have POWERBANKS available. I use one with my BB. A fully charged 5600mah power bank charges my BB Curve 4 three times(Each from flat to full). So, we should worry about how to reset it when you have poorly written apps that may hang the phone preventing it from turning off. But, I believe there must be a way. Besides, google is our friend. We can start by applying the method used in resetting phones like Sony Xperia Acro S(which has a non-removable battery too) and see if it works since they are both are Droids.
where did you get your power bank?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 6:10am On Jun 03, 2013
@Namzy
Thanks a bunch! Was the phone rooted out of box or you did it yourself?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2013
Lord_Reed: @Namzy
Thanks a bunch! Was the phone rooted out of box or you did it yourself?

did it myself from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2254543
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
OK people I am now live with my Gionee Dream D1. I am so liking it so has everyone who has held it so far.

I will give a full review later.

@busoye16
Thanks a bunch. I located Devices & Gadgets as per your direction easily.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
Please do. Expecially the picture quality. If you can snap the phone, that would be nice also. Someone promised to do that today and he is yet to do it.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lord_Reed: OK people I am now live with my Gionee Dream D1. I am so liking it so has everyone who has held it so far.
I will give a full review later.
@busoye16
Thanks a bunch. I located Devices & Gadgets as per your direction easily.
Congratulations, how much did u buy it? Pls confirm if both sim can browse on 3g with switching sims? Thenks
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
TrebleChamp: Congratulations, how much did u buy it? Pls confirm if both sim can browse on 3g with switching sims? Thenks

I bought it for 38k here in Abuja. My Etisalat gave EDGE signal on sim2, I don't know if it's because of location but I will try when I leave this place.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:
I bought it for 38k here in Abuja. My Etisalat gave EDGE signal on sim2, I don't know if it's because of location but I will try when I leave this place.
Ok
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
Its 3g ON one sim

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by elijahdre(m): 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Gionee Dream D1 still in stock at 38,500. Tecno F7 at 33k.
call me now on 08081360406.serious buyers

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Also busoye19 can you confirm if it can do wifi tethering?

It does. I have 3 PC connected to it right now. one is connected with my TV to stream video on YouTube, and the other 2 for browsing and they're all working well. The hotspot and the internet speed is superb.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Namzy: Its 3g ON one sim

No sir. The 2 Sims. In fact, my MTN display H+ when network is very okay and 3G when the network is not too good and EDGE sometimes. You can switch between the 2 SIMs with just a click
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
A china phone 4 38k, No strong customer care based here In 9ja.
NO THANKS!!!
I CANNOT SPEND MORE THAN 30k for any china brand devices. Ask my Indian friends and they'll tell u wats up ova there.
Due to their no nonsense attitude 2wards invading smartfone manufacturers in2 their country, Now they can boast of good smartfones as the competition gets even more interesting.
NIGERIANS WILL REMAIN SILENT AND ACCEPT WATEVA COMES THEIR WAY!!!
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
Godvilla: A china phone 4 38k, No strong customer care based here In 9ja.
NO THANKS!!!
I CANNOT SPEND MORE THAN 30k for any china brand devices. Ask my Indian friends and they'll tell u wats up ova there.
Due to their no nonsense attitude 2wards invading smartfone manufacturers in2 their country, Now they can boast of good smartfones as the competition gets even more interesting.

It is ur choice brother. You have the money, you can go for Galaxy S3 for 75k which has almost the same specs with this phone. Or you advice ur corrupt leaders to wake up and advance the country technologically like the likes of India and China. This phone is made in India.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

bro check the network in that area. I have both MTN and etisalat on my phone and I Switch between them. You should have either H+ or 3G, but EDGE when the network is poor. I stays in Abuja too.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
Godvilla: A china phone 4 38k, No strong customer care based here In 9ja.
NO THANKS!!!

Gionee recognises that Nigeria is a potentially big market, I believe that very soon they'll have care centers in Nigeria besides Gionee have stated that they will provide OTA updates for their smart phones that is more than can be said for Tecno.

Tell me something where is the HTC care center? What of that of Motorola?

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Let me give a short review of my first few hours with the Gionee Dream D1.

The boot up OK, takes between 20 to 30 seconds to boot to lock screen.

The display is gorgeous being a super amoled 317ppi hd screen.

The camera is quite good even in low light. You won't believe the shot I took in near perfect darkness.

Browsing is OK too especially on 3g and above.

Lemme leave with the score of a benchmark I took with the D1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Lady Takes Android To Computer Village For Fixing & Returns With Iphone (vid) / Iphone 14: India Man Flies To Dubai To Buy Apple Gadget Early ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.