Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:18 PM

Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (52084 Views)

Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 04, 2013
busoye19:

It is ur choice brother. You have the money, you can go for Galaxy S3 for 75k which has almost the same specs with this phone. Or you advice ur corrupt leaders to wake up and advance the country technologically like the likes of India and China. This phone is made in India.
Galaxy S3? Say i no get eyes ni, dat fone is even bigger dan jupiter itself.
Well, u just confirmed it urself, its 4rm India but i cannot spend more dan 30K for any of dis devices. wink

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by physise(m): 4:19am On Jun 04, 2013
pls o am xo confused o which one i go buy na f7 or d1
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 4:34am On Jun 04, 2013
physise: pls o am xo confused o which one i go buy na f7 or d1

My guy go for D1 I bet you won't regret it. The device is a very good bargain at even though it has a non removable battery that is more than offset by the fact that in almost every feature it is better than the F7 plus Gionee will update the device which Tecno ha s not made any commitment to do for theirs.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by physise(m): 4:37am On Jun 04, 2013
Lord_Reed:

My guy go for D1 I bet you won't regret it. The device is a very good bargain at even though it has a non removable battery that is more than offset by the fact that in almost every feature it is better than the F7 plus Gionee will update the device which Tecno ha s not made any commitment to do for theirs.
hw much
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 5:01am On Jun 04, 2013
physise: hw much

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by physise(m): 5:06am On Jun 04, 2013
Lord_Reed:

wat abt f7?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 8:06am On Jun 04, 2013
Godvilla: Galaxy S3? Say i no get eyes ni, dat fone is even bigger dan jupiter itself.
Well, u just confirmed it urself, its 4rm India but i cannot spend more dan 30K for any of dis devices. wink

Bro,check out the spec again. I know what I'm taking about. This phone was 45k when it first came out. It worth more than that price.

Gionee Dream D1 Features and Specifications:
Internet Connectivity: 3G/HSPA, EDGE (class 12), GPRS (class 12)
WLAN: WI-FI-802.11, WI-FI Hotspot
Bluetooth: v4.0 with A2DP
Display: 4.65”, HD Super AMOLED PLUS
Size: Gorilla glass 2, 130*67*8.6mm
Camera: 8.0MP primary and 1MP secondary. HD video recording.
Operating System: Android OS 4.1.2 Jelly bean
CPU: Quad core 1.2GHz with Cortex A7
GPU: PowerVR series 5XT
RAM: 1GB
Internal: 4GB with up to 32GB expandable
GPS: Yes with AGPS support
Sensor: Proximity-sensor, G-sensor, E-compass, Light sensor
Compass: Digital compass
SIM Card: Dual SIM
Battery: 2100Mah

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2013
physise: wat abt f7?

When I wen t yesterday they where saying 37k but I am sure it would be less if I had bargained however I was wasn't really interested in the F7. BTW the name on the pack was Phantom A not F7.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:23am On Jun 04, 2013
I tested the low light capabilities of the D1. The first pix below was taken with the room lights on while the second was taken with the lights off. The only problem was the in the darkness the camera could not focus so the pix is blurred. BTW the camera has touch focus.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2013
Camera sample from this morning.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2013
Front view (browsing nairaland no less lol).

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2013
Front view (homescreen).

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Front view with flip cover.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2013
Side view.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by barneystinson(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2013
Lord_Reed:

The dream d1 really looks like a great phone. I currently own an n7 and I'm seriously considering upgrading my phone. My dilemma now is deciding whether to buy the tecno f7 or dream d1. Have you handled both phones? If so which would you objectively recommend for me.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2013
busoye19:

Bro,check out the spec again. I know what I'm taking about. This phone was 45k when it first came out. It worth more than that price.

Gionee Dream D1 Features and Specifications:
Internet Connectivity: 3G/HSPA, EDGE (class 12), GPRS (class 12)
WLAN: WI-FI-802.11, WI-FI Hotspot
Bluetooth: v4.0 with A2DP
Display: 4.65”, HD Super AMOLED PLUS
Size: Gorilla glass 2, 130*67*8.6mm
Camera: 8.0MP primary and 1MP secondary. HD video recording.
Operating System: Android OS 4.1.2 Jelly bean
CPU: Quad core 1.2GHz with Cortex A7
GPU: PowerVR series 5XT
RAM: 1GB
Internal: 4GB with up to 32GB expandable
GPS: Yes with AGPS support
Sensor: Proximity-sensor, G-sensor, E-compass, Light sensor
Compass: Digital compass
SIM Card: Dual SIM
Battery: 2100Mah

Guy, dis phone is nowhere my SONY XPERIA S(47K)
Nevatheless, its a matter of choice but the price is just high for such a device.
How i wish smarfphones competition here in Nigeria is as tight as that of India. Den u wuld hav know the actual price of dis phone.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
Godvilla: Guy, dis phone is nowhere my SONY XPERIA S(47K)
Nevatheless, its a matter of choice but the price is just high for such a device.
How i wish smarfphones competition here in Nigeria is as tight as that of India. Den u wuld hav know the actual price of dis phone.

In India the price is Rs 16,000 - 17,000 which is between N45k - N48k at today's exchange rate so my guy cool down.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
Back view.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by amAZEing: 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2013

50 Likes
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2013

The Dream D1 is a match for your Xperia S going by these Vellamo results. The Xperia S beats the Dream D1 in the HTML 5 test by a small margin while the Dream D1 trounces the Xperia S in the Metal test.

I was afraid to do the benchmark because I thought it would return very embarrassingly low scores but the Dream D1 is standing toe to toe with Galaxy Note and S2.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
Front camera sample.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
I am so getting this phone. Thanks to Lord Reed's pics. The only thing that will stop me is if there is a better product from the company before I am ready. The Camera quality is okay and the phone looks really sexy; especially with the flip case on. Thank God for Nairaland! To think I was consideration SGS 3(Although there is not basis for comparism). This phone has what I need in a phone, since I am not a phone freak.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
barneystinson: The dream d1 really looks like a great phone. I currently own an n7 and I'm seriously considering upgrading my phone. My dilemma now is deciding whether to buy the tecno f7 or dream d1. Have you handled both phones? If so which would you objectively recommend for me.

Well I also initial considered buying the F7 as well and I was skeptical about the Dream D1 too but when I googled both phones I found much more information and reviews of the D1 than the F7 and the more information I gathered the more I came to realise that I would be cheating myself by buying the F7.

The D1 has a richer feature set than the F7 plus Gionee is a better more experienced company than Tecno especially as they will provide OTA support/updates for their phones which Techno won't.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by physise(m): 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
Lord_Reed: Front camera sample.
Last question b4 picking dis device, does it get hot when playing hd games or heavy use like browsing and play music at the same time? Cos if am goin 2 give up my sgs2 for a dual sim (my reason 4 buying) android phone, it has to be d one dat offers me d best value nd also make me 4get my s2.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
TrebleChamp: Last question b4 picking dis device, does it get hot when playing hd games or heavy use like browsing and play music at the same time? Cos if am goin 2 give up my sgs2 for a dual sim (my reason 4 buying) android phone, it has to be d one dat offers me d best value nd also make me 4get my s2.

I just got a HD game so lemme test it tonight. It does get warm when charging and calling and I have been on H+ since I got the device so I guess I am getting to drain the battery like a BlackBerry.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
Lord_Reed:
I just got a HD game so lemme test it tonight. It does get warm when charging and calling and I have been on H+ since I got the device so I guess I am getting to drain the battery like a BlackBerry.
Take all the time u need bro. As 4 getting warm while charging and operating it, dat seem normal for an android device (including my s2), i may be wrong though. Ur review and dat of busoye19 has really been helpful. Tombs up guys

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by WackyJ1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Beware of Marketers
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 12:59am On Jun 05, 2013
TecnoF7 Quadrant score

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 1:33am On Jun 05, 2013
Gionee Dream D1 quadrant score

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nuel01(m): 2:16am On Jun 05, 2013
Pls can sm1 tell me hw much samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 cost nw because sm1 told me dat its abt 49k in samsung shop nw n jumia says 53k. I want 2 get one immediately. Tanx guys.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
Lord_Reed:

The Dream D1 is a match for your Xperia S going by these Vellamo results. The Xperia S beats the Dream D1 in the HTML 5 test by a small margin while the Dream D1 trounces the Xperia S in the Metal test.

I was afraid to do the benchmark because I thought it would return very embarrassingly low scores but the Dream D1 is standing toe to toe with Galaxy Note and S2.
Hahahahahah....... Am laughing in Cantonese cheesy
Get a D1 and meet me face 2 face, lets boil it down physically and not Benchmarks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

New NCC USSD Codes For All Nigerian Networks / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.