Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship (39264 Views)

Why Do Most Ladies Lie About How They Were Disvirgined To Their Boyfriends? / Reasons Why Guys Lie About Being Single / Reasons Why An Average Lady Is Most Likely To Lie About Being A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
Relationship Tips: Never Lie About These 9 Things!

Ladies, do you really think telling your significant other a little white lie can't hurt? Wrong! Here are the tall tales that could cost you true love. Are you dating responsibly? Relationship Tips: Never Lie About These 9 Things!

[img]http://www..com/talk/photo.jpg?action=dlattach&topic=150552.0&attach=53043&image.jpg[/img]

Keeping It Real Counts! When interacting with the opposite sex, communication is everything. Simply put, authenticity is everything. It's not always easy to be transparent when you're getting to know each other, but it's 100 percent necessary. Keeping things honest will help you avoid leading Mr. Wrong or turning Mr. Right off. Be yourself and be real. Little white lies will get you nowhere, especially in these 10 categories.

Your Birthday. Normally, the rule is: You never ask a woman her age. However, when it comes to dating, this rule must be broken. Don't lie about your age. If he's turned off, at least you will know where you both stand immediately. Lying about your age will instantly make you seem insecure, especially if you're older. Keep it real, ladies!

Your Number. Discussing your sexual history is always tricky, but it's unavoidable if things between you are becoming serious. Not all women will be in agreement here, but, when it does come up, try to be open and honest about it. If he asks how many people you've slept with before him, don't give him the "safe" number. Give him the real one. If he can't handle your answer, that's on him — not you. He should've taken heed when his mother told him to never ask a woman a question you don't want the answer to.

Your Cooking Abilities. Nothing's more disappointing for a man than to be promised a "life changing" home-cooked meal only to be served a plate full of watery rice. So you don't know your way around a kitchen, that's fine. It doesn't make you less of a woman. Tell the truth and give him the chance to impress you with his skills.

Your Marriage Goals. Most women assume that talking about marriage will scare a man off, but that's false. The man that's right for you will want to know where you really stand — especially if he's on a different path. There is a way to be open about where you desire to be in the future in terms of your relationship without putting too much pressure on the present situation. Saying you don't want to be married when you clearly do will send him running for the hills.

Your Real Thoughts On His Inner Circle. If you're not "cool" with his inner circle, you shouldn't pretend to be. While you should keep an open mind when getting to know them, it's imperative that you find a way to be open with him about your reservations instead of forcing yourself to hang out with people you just don't care for.

How Cool You Are With Him Having "Female Friends". Not every woman will be comfortable with her man's best friend forever being a female. This is something you must be honest with yourself and him about up front. The issues you overlook in the beginning can potentially become romantic barriers later on down the line. Don't tell him you're "cool with it" when you're not. He'll see right through this one fast.

The Ex-Factor. If your ex is still in the picture, say so. It's just as important not to hide a connection to an ex, as it is for him to reveal any women in his life. As long as you both keep it real in this department, there will be no unwanted surprises.

Your Bedroom Activities. Don't ever tell a man he's the best you've ever had unless it's the actual truth. You may want to feed his ego, but it won't work that way if you're lying. If you tell him he's the best then he has no room to improve. Compliment him, but don't overdo it. He'll appreciate it the realness.

The "Real" You. Additions and enhancements are cool, but at some point the man you're dating should be able to meet the real you. Certain outfits may require some "help". Don't let padded bras, body shapers and hair weaves mask the real you. That's who he is most interested in!

http://www..com/talk/topic,150552.0.html

36 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by mideeniafe(f): 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
You just got me thinking........ Nice one though. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by igemi(f): 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
Nice one
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 28, 2013
[size=13pt]Never lie cool[/size]
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 28, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Never lie cool[/size]

grin grin
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by dBard: 3:55am On Apr 28, 2013
2,5,8 n 9 are particularly important. Don't know y people deem it necessary t lie abt their sexual history when d truth mite cum out later causing more hurt.
Be honest but don't break his ego.
The manner with which u display honesty is equally as important.. U bruise or break his ego, you've bruised/broken him..
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by baynix(m): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2013
Nice One!! I Hope She's Reading This!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by CharlesShaw(m): 8:39am On Apr 28, 2013
Awesome!
If only the truth cud be maintained.
Most times the truth is a 'Turn-Off'
If i should ask u how many men u'v slept with nd u tell me 25,
i'd surely walk away.
Is better u tell me a 'Lie' am the 2nd dude u sleeping with.
All d same, Nice Post.

12 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Aklofs: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2013
OP.Hope u didnt write WASSCE cos u'll definately score -ve
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2013
baynix: Nice One!! I Hope She's Reading This!

Is SHE on nairaland?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2013
dBard: 2,5,8 n 9 are particularly important. Don't know y people deem it necessary t lie abt their sexual history when d truth mite cum out later causing more hurt.
Be honest but don't break his ego.
The manner with which u display honesty is equally as important.. U bruise or break his ego, you've bruised/broken him..
I think shame plays a role here. A lady can not just say she slept with eight men in the past and that she has had four abortions. I agree that a lady and even the dude should be transparent since they would want to get married, but how can they rid the shame?

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2013
Charles Shaw: Awesome!
If only the truth cud be maintained.
Most times the truth is a 'Turn-Off'
If i should ask u how many men u'v slept with nd u tell me 25,
i'd surely walk away.
Is better u tell me a 'Lie' am the 2nd dude u sleeping with.
All d same, Nice Post.
lol, but you would have to confront the truth some day. And its better you know now so that you wouldnt be shocked or confused. when the truth unfolds later on.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 28, 2013
Aklofs: OP.Hope u didnt write WASSCE cos u'll definately score -ve
dude, its too early to get drunk, i think you need to go back to the bed. Cos you are not worth a befitting reply.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Gamji007: 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, but you would have to confront the truth some day. And its better you know now so that you wouldnt be shocked or confused. when the truth unfolds later on.

Its better not to ask that question at all.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by sanchez4eva: 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
Never lie about your bank account

5 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by bunchyproject(m): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
Awesome!!!!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
idnoble135:
I think shame plays a role here. A lady can not just say she slept with eight men in the past and that she has had four abortions. I agree that a lady and even the dude should be transparent since they would want to get married, but how can they rid the shame?

The truth is:

WE HUMANS LIKE TO KNOW THE TRUTH IN A RELATIONSHIP BUT WE CANT CONTAIN IT.

6 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by moneyhungry(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
abeg, how can i get a job in an oil company?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Vado(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nice post...una like lists sha for NL grin
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by jeffizy(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
yes I will keep it simple.That is always telling the truth
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by jeffizy(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
money-hungry :
I don't know how youcan get a job but I'll tell you how you wont get the job... It's by being silly.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Popowaa: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
*takes pens and paper and starts writing* i'll give this to my grandchildren.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by joy87: 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
grin no b small tin
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by adora4u1: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2013
It's good to always say the truth. But the problem is that most Nigerian men CAN'T handle the truth!

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by spotx: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
money-hungry :
Shell,chevron,Agip e.t.c have website which you can search for on google then you can get the contact email of their resource personnel from there you can convince them on f your skill if you need further help let me know.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
Don turn d guy 2 Baba ijebu if u dont like him
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by moshoodn(m): 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
adora4u1: It's good to always say the truth. But the problem is that most Nigerian men CAN'T handle the truth!

NOT ONLY NIGERIAN MEN....

UNIVERSALLY, ITS HARD TO HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
ighoosagie: Don turn d guy 2 Baba ijebu if u dont like him
Funny enough nija girls re d worst to date Bt best to marry

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by lifestyle1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
money-hungry :

Red oil ?

And if I may ask, what qualifications/skills have you got ?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Visocrate(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
THOUGH SOME TIMES YOU DONT NEED TO SAY THE TRUTH AND YOU DONT LIE SO JUST STAY SOME WHERE THAT IS WHAT MAKES A MATURE RELATIONSHIP. IF YOU GO LIE AND THEM CATCH YOU NA YOU SABI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One / Lovers Who Met On An Instagram Comment Section Get Engaged / 5 Types Of Exes You Can Hardly Forget And Move On. Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.