Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons (1896 Views)

Have You Ever Used A Phone With A Non Removable Battery? / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? / Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons by Tajsagay(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2013
Hey,
Now a days most of the upper mid-range and high-end smartphones seem to be having a unibody design with a non-removable battery. What are the positive and negative aspects from an end user perspective of this design? In all the smartphones I've used, whenever the phone used to hang up or freeze completely (no keys responding including the power button), I just used to remove the battery and turn on the phone again. What are the options under this scenario for a phone with a non-removable battery? please share your thoughts. thanks
Re: Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons by amblors(m): 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
I have an android mediaplayer with a non removable battery, it has a reset key,I guess ths an alterntiveto battery pulls
Re: Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons by Mapropre: 10:44am On May 30, 2020
Hold down the power button for as long as possible. It will restart.
Re: Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons by atheistandproud(m): 10:58am On May 30, 2020
Tajsagay:
Hey,
Now a days most of the upper mid-range and high-end smartphones seem to be having a unibody design with a non-removable battery. What are the positive and negative aspects from an end user perspective of this design? In all the smartphones I've used, whenever the phone used to hang up or freeze completely (no keys responding including the power button), I just used to remove the battery and turn on the phone again. What are the options under this scenario for a phone with a non-removable battery? please share your thoughts. thanks

Bro you're late to the party sha.

Positive aspects include : Slimmer shape or a more streamlined body, better design, less weight, waterproofing (for water proof phones) etc.

Negative: make it difficult to effect battery repairs or to switch the battery if it goes bad.

For a non responsive phone, you can give it a call or you can just hold down the power button till it restarts like my bro above told you or las las allow the battery to run down and charge it back up.
Re: Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons by Nobody: 11:49am On May 30, 2020
Tajsagay:
Hey,

atheistandproud:

Bro you're late to the party sha.

Positive aspects include : Slimmer shape or a more streamlined body, better design, less weight, waterproofing (for water proof phones) etc.

Negative: make it difficult to effect battery repairs or to switch the battery if it goes bad.

For a non responsive phone, you can give it a call or you can just hold down the power button till it restarts like my bro above told you or las las allow the battery to run down and charge it back up.

the major drawback is the battery expansivity which is inevitable and it is bound to occur as the age of the device increases, and unfortunately you cannot carry out the replacement by yourself unless you have the right tools and skills.

Many phones have been condemned due to this flaw. By the time your battery starts bulging, your case will crack and screen will get broken due to the pressure.

the bottom line is that these guys just want us to keep patronizing them.
Re: Non-removable Batteries: Pros And Cons by AmadorSays: 6:22pm On May 30, 2020
true that but if you get a device that is very durable and you are not the careless type you shouldnt have any issues with the battery thrugh out when you use the phone, my last phone was the tecno k7 which i used for over a year, i never had any battery issues and even the person using it now isnt complaining, so you see it all burst down to usage and durability of product. the non removable battery is still quite a better ption.
Fokosobo:

the major drawback is the battery expansivity which is inevitable and it is bound to occur as the age of the device increases, and unfortunately you cannot carry out the replacement by yourself unless you have the right tools and skills.

Many phones have been condemned due to this flaw. By the time your battery starts bulging, your case will crack and screen will get broken due to the pressure.

the bottom line is that these guys just want us to keep patronizing them.

(1) (Reply)

Use Your Phone To Fry Your Food And Control It With This Simple App / Unveiling Infinix Hot From Its Pack And Quick Review Video / How Can I Transfer Money From One Bank Account To Another On Mobile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.