Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,369 members, 7,781,007 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:24 AM

Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" (10921 Views)

Hilda Ibifuro-Harrison Is Ondo's Police Commissioner (photos) / Was Kimo, Rivers Police Commissioner Sleeping During A Security Meeting? Photo / Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2013
I’m telling you, I’m not going! Commissioner of Police for Bayelsa refuses to retire and handover (PICTURED)

Posted by Y! City Editor in Around the Web on April 28, 2013 7:24 am / no comments

inShare

There is pandemonium in Bayelsa State Police Command as the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kingsley Ojukwu Omire, who retired from service effectively on Sunday, April 21, 2013, has refused to hand over, as he has continued to resume in office as usual, THE CITIZEN has learnt.

It was reliably gathered that both the Force Secretary and office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Benin Zonal Command have sent signals respectively to Omire, directing him to hand over to the next in command in the state, and proceed on retirement.

“It is a fact that he has been directed through signals from the Force Headquarters, Abuja and the Benin Zonal Command for him to proceed on his retirement and hand over to the next in command. But what is not clear to us here is why he has continued to resume in the office since he has retired from the Force on April 21, 2013. What he is doing is a bad precedent in the Police Command and it is alien to the Force. It is on heard off that a high ranked officer will refuse to leave office after been retired and nothing has happened,” said a reliable source.

According to the source, Omire was quoted as saying that he will not leave office until a substantive Police Commissioner is posted to the state to take over from him and except that is done, he is not leaving his office.

“Retirement in the force is something everyone longs for and when it comes, it is highly cherished. But Omire has demonstrated that he is above the law which is sending wrong signal to the rank and file. In the force, we take discipline seriously and what he is doing is an aberration and strange in the Police Force. What is his business with who succeeds him in office? That decision should be left for the IGP to take and not him. In all these, what has continued to keep thongs wagging in the Bayelsa State Command is that he has continued to parade himself as the substantive CP, even in retirement and no one is asking questions or even addressing the issue,” he said.

Our correspondent was reliably by a source that Omire has served the Police for 32 years but was very unfortunate to have been cut-up by his age which has attained that mandatory retirement age, adding that the retired CP appears to be very unhappy with the development and that explains why he has continued to remain in the office instead of resting in his home.

“Many people who have heard about the story are insinuating that it appears there is more to it than meets the eyes. Many are saying that could be he has some unfinished business, otherwise there is no explanation to justify why someone who should be in his home, planning a thanks giving for a meritorious services in the Police will still be coming to work, when indeed he should have graciously handed over and move on with his life,” he said.

When contacted, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Mr. Frank Mbah stated that it is true that CP Omire had actually retired on April 21, 2013 but there are a few administrative issues which are yet to be sorted out at the Headquarters and Zonal Command. “Yes Omire has actually retired from the force but a few administrative issues are been sorted out and I can assure you that in the next couple of weeks to come, all these will be over,” he said.

Nevertheless, according to a retired senior Police officer who preferred to remain anonymous, the excuse of Administrative bottleneck in the case of a retired officer who has continued to occupy his office is not tenable in the Force and wonders why the IGP is condoning such attitude. He said that even if appointment or redeployment of a new CP is in the offing, the retired officer should vacate office and hand over to the next in command, pending when the new appointment is made.

“I really doubt if the IGP is aware of this because he is a no nonsense man. He does not tolerate indiscipline and this one clearly negates the principle of retirement in the force. Throughout my service years, I have never heard that a retired officer refused to go. It is a thing of joy and what everyone is looking up to. This Omire’s case is an exception,” he said.

Read more: The Citizen

http://www.ynaija.com/im-telling-you-im-not-going-cp-for-bayelsa-refuses-to-retire-and-handover-pictured/?utm_source=Y!&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 28, 2013
Nigeria is finished!
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by azpekuliar: 9:25am On Apr 28, 2013
Official recklessness even in high places.
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by KnowAll(m): 9:38am On Apr 28, 2013
He probabaly started enjoying d fruit of his labour towards the tail end of his career. It is a shame it can happen to anyone of us. That is why those of you who are young and verile strive to own your own business so that retirement will be at your own terms.

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by nabiz(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2013
oil money in bayesa is sweet ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2013
Na wa o. Person serve finish, nor wan stop serving. E be slave? So many thieves in Nigeria and u say we wud soon be better? Better my asss
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by rooftech: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2013
men that do dirty jobs for their ogas dont respect no one
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nuzo1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
Security 101:

Never under any condition leave your post until you meet your replacement face to face. If you do, you will be held responsible for anything that goes wrong in that beat.

Nigerian journalists sha.

7 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by ITbomb(m): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2013
Those boys wey him help deliver the crude oil never pay so him no wan excuses , once dem pay him go retire

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by ashaju33: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
you have been posting this in all threads......is that your f.athe.r ?

26 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
ashaju33: you have been posting this in all threads......is that your f.athe.r ?

Lmao
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
ashaju33: you have been posting this in all threads......is that your f.athe.r ?

hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 29, 2013
njazra:

hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I will not retire, I no go gree!
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by naptu2: 7:49am On Apr 29, 2013
He doesn't want to be called back to explain. . . . .

(It's very unprofessional).

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2013
Only in Nigeria story. There is impunity everywhere.
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by onyengbu: 8:13am On Apr 29, 2013
[size=18pt]The number of grammatical errors in that report is quite shocking!!! grin grin grin[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by talktimi(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2013
What's so difficult in the police hierarchy prepping the this (ex)CP and a new one at least a month before hand with the new officer being in his duty post at least 2 days before so that all these mess wouldn't have to occur ? It seems the police are highly incompetent at anything higher than collecting 20 naira by the roadside... Smh

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Scarpon(m): 9:33am On Apr 29, 2013
how can he retire when all their do is steal the state money
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by talktimi(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2013
Scarpon: how can he retire when all their do is still the state money
grin in fact, they really "STILL" the state money no be small

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Scarpon(m): 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
talktimi: grin in fact, they really "STILL" the state money no be small
mehn fork English

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Prof Corruption: Only in Nigeria story. There is impunity everywhere.

Sad.
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by baynix(m): 12:23am On Apr 30, 2013
Dem Don Turn Am To Throne Wey Dem No Dey Leave Abi?? Gbogbo Won Ti Ya Weyrey
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by chiboy11(m): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
If na u, wil u retire wen u get 1 milion 4rm EGUNJE daily haba , make dey alow d guy serve till him die dier now
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by Amule5000us(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
lolz grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by abatajjvii: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
EGUNJE PAROLE
Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by yuzedo: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Scarpon: how can he retire when all their do is stilll the state money
talktimi: grin in fact, they really "STILL" the state money no be small
Scarpon: mehn fork English
**TEARS** grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" by GentleNaaz(m): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
If u knw dat u wont retire if u wr ds man(on top of money).... Just press LIKE button

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel Fans Accused Him Of Killing His Father - Photos / Maina: Buhari's Culture Of Corruption Finally Unfolds By Erasmus Ikhide / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Holds Press Conference (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.