Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? (28859 Views)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Why Atheists Reject The Concept Of Miracles And Supernatural Occurrences / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2013
Toluwarni: Don't try to be sarcastic... Answer my question, Scientists, till date aren't able to give an explanation of how this world came to be.. Or don't tell me you believe that big bang nonsense...

Im not "trying" to be sarcastic Einstein. I am telling you that the process by which language came about was more magical than the tower of Babel story. Isnt that what you believe in ? Magic ?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by trolling(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2013
@mazaje in a week from today dont be surprised that your pc is stolen or destroyed
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
Atheists give your life to Christ... He is coming soon.. Mazaje, Jayriginal... Christ is calling you people today, accept him and be saved... GOODNIGHT.. You'd be surprised when you die and something happens
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 11:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
Toluwarni: Atheists give your life to Christ... He is coming soon.. Mazaje, Jayriginal... Christ is calling you people today, accept him and be saved... GOODNIGHT.. You'd be surprised when you die and something happens

Indeed, I would be surprised grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
@jayriginal:

Bro, I'd suggest you stop wasting your time with some people here, especially seeing as this thread has hit the front page now. Therefore, you should expect all manners of absurdities henceforth. cheesy
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
jayriginal:

Indeed, I would be surprised grin
Lest I forget... A friend of mine, when I was In Junior school, ate coca-cola 33cl Bottle, right in front of all of us.. I was so shocked, he used to be a tout then, his body was like a rock, He could not be stabbed.. If you try to stab him, the knife will just bounce.. And now, he's a born again Christian... How do you explain that??
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Purist: @jayriginal:

Bro, I'd suggest you stop wasting your time with some people here, especially seeing as this thread has hit the front page now. Therefore, you should expect all manners of absurdities henceforth. cheesy

Noted bro grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
Toluwarni: Lest I forget... A friend of mine, when I was In Junior school, ate coca-cola 33cl Bottle, right in front of all of us.. I was so shocked, he used to be a tout then, his body was like a rock, He could not be stabbed.. If you try to stab him, the knife will just bounce.. And now, he's a born again Christian... How do you explain that??

Dude, I'll reply you only this one time just for the sake of others reading this thread, seeing as I'm failing to heed my own advice now. First of all, google "Michel Lotito". Secondly, read up on the disorders called "Pica" and "Hyalophagia". I sincerely hope this satisfies your curiousity and most importantly, that you LEARN something. You can thank me later.

Oh and about the stabbing thingy, stop telling lies please. angry
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by MissyB3(f): 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
Purist:

Dude, I'll reply you only this one time just for the sake of others reading this thread, seeing as I'm failing to heed my own advice now. First of all, google "Michel Lotito". Secondly, read up on the disorders called "Pica" and "Hyalophagia". I sincerely hope this satisfies your curiousity and most importantly, that you LEARN something. You can thank me later.

Stop frowning! kiss
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
Purist:

Dude, I'll reply you only this one time just for the sake of others reading this thread, seeing as I'm failing to heed my own advice now. First of all, google "Michael Lotito". Secondly, read up on the disorders called "Pica" and "Hyalophagia". I sincerely hope this satisfies your curiousity and most importantly, that you LEARN something. You can thank me later.

grin

If he had read the thread, he would have seen that I mentioned Michel Lotito earlier on. There used to be this DVd I had, "The Magic of Las Vegas". One of the series featured a woman eating glass and walking on glass as well. Then there are coal walkers (the science behind that is well known).

Well, if not for you, I'd have borrowed a leaf from Mazaje and I'd have told him to bring his friend for a comprehensive stabbing grin

Crocs and gators can be stabbed so . . .
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Zet72(m): 11:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
mZ sleeq: Dis thread is one of the best things that would ever happen to my life.I've been on tthe road to atheism since 2011,wen I met someone that doesn't actually believe in God,I neva knew people like that exist,trust the curious me,I just had to inquire into it,go online,youtube nd stuffs.and I realized all my mama told me,d bible,my dads quaran.all dey are for,is just knowin the right from the wrong.dey are written by humans,to just guide our morals,#datsall.because,science has been able to prove almost all my doubts..@muskeeto,mazaje and co.you guys just jumped to the top in my atheism mentorship list.
When I clear some of my other doubts,I wud b a fullyblown atheist and be proud 2 say it openly.just want 2 clear all my doubts,so I'd be ready for all those delusional questions.
grin
mZ sleeq: Dis thread is one of the best things that would ever happen to my life.I've been on tthe road to atheism since 2011,wen I met someone that doesn't actually believe in God,I neva knew people like that exist,trust the curious me,I just had to inquire into it,go online,youtube nd stuffs.and I realized all my mama told me,d bible,my dads quaran.all dey are for,is just knowin the right from the wrong.dey are written by humans,to just guide our morals,#datsall.because,science has been able to prove almost all my doubts..@muskeeto,mazaje and co.you guys just jumped to the top in my atheism mentorship list.
When I clear some of my other doubts,I wud b a fullyblown atheist and be proud 2 say it openly.just want 2 clear all my doubts,so I'd be ready for all those delusional questions.
Born-voyage to hellfire
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Missy_B:
Stop frowning! kiss

That kiss alone has brightened my night and tomorrow night join. grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Alexk2(m): 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Don't be decieved my brother...God exist and satan do also..only God can save us from satan's scheme which is to waste lifes-the very reason why he is planting such terrible deciet as this. Pls., don't give in!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
jayriginal:

grin

If he had read the thread, he would have seen that I mentioned Michel Lotito earlier on. There used to be this DVd I had, "The Magic of Las Vegas". One of the series featured a woman eating glass and walking on glass as well. Then there are coal walkers (the science behind that is well known).

Well, if not for you, I'd have borrowed a leaf from Mazaje and I'd have told him to bring his friend for a comprehensive stabbing grin

Crocs and gators can be stabbed so . . .

Bros I tire o. As someone rightly suggested earlier, Nigerians should start spending less time on Linda Ikeji's blog and start doing more productive things on the Internet instead. YouTube is free to use FFS! Tons of educative videos there. But no, they'd rather watch two Kenyan love birds get stuck into each other to further validate their belief in "magun". Imagine someone pointing to TB Joshua as "proof" of the supernatural. smh. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 12:06am On May 01, 2013
Purist:

Bros I tire o. As someone rightly suggested earlier, Nigerians should start spending less time on Linda Ikeji's blog and start doing more productive things on the Internet instead. YouTube is free to use FFS! Tons of educative videos there. But no, they'd rather watch two Kenyan love birds get stuck into each other to further validate their belief in "magun". Imagine someone pointing to TB Joshua as "proof" of the supernatural. smh. undecided

Cant say I blame them too much. Much of this is very deep rooted. Lots of people take solace in these beliefs. It helps them escape from consequences/responsibilities of life.
Its easier to say goddidit or someone in the village is doing it than to look for actual solutions.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ewet: 12:25am On May 01, 2013
bolaino: yeah talking about magic, there's an american magician by the name of criss angel, he walks on water and he levitates, and believe u me, it's no trick, u need to watch it for urself and believe, so what do u have to say about something like that?
How culd you be so naive to blif evry thng you see on TV?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by DJDOLA(m): 12:27am On May 01, 2013
Nigeria love 2 argue...if u bealive in A then stand wit ur A if u bealive in B why don't u stick wit B must u false people 2 agree wit u..some said jesus is d way d other guy came and said allah is d only way yet some guys bealive dat there nothin called GOD the called there self athiest imagine...dats remind me of seun kuti dat dude is a real athiest is brother femi kuti is a real christain and they still leave as brothers they support there self
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Bearshare(m): 12:55am On May 01, 2013
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Bearshare(m): 12:56am On May 01, 2013
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 1:10am On May 01, 2013
Supernaturals my a$$!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FreeWill01: 1:58am On May 01, 2013
This thread is supposed to be closed right after this comment, *modaeffin* nailed it.
[quote author=*Kails*]Of course I believe in the supernatural and supernatural occurrences...just not some crappy egg in the bottle act!! grin (come on son!) grin grin grin grin

Anyway, I feel like preaching...and therefore I am going to. cheesy cheesy

The problem for us theists occur when people FAKE IT. It gives the ridiculous explanations provided by atheist some credibility when so called theists lie about their experiences.

I believe that the connection with God or divine entity/ies requires 110% of one's undivided attention. It's all about truly giving one's all: mind, body, and soul.

I am a deep person and although I am not 100 percent "there yet" the kind of dreams, visions, and thoughts I get can't simply be explained as "my subconscious thoughts". No-No! I know that my creator communicates with me in all three ways. God obviously did the same thing with our ancestors thousands of years ago who provided the blueprint for what we know today in terms of techn
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by AMvanquish: 3:43am On May 01, 2013
Hmmmm! Read some pointers here. Some have really been some food for thought. But i'd like to share an experience with y'all i had back in my high school days. Prior to that incident some 13-15 years ago, if any one would come n tell me about anything supernatural then; i would just shove ur story in the trash can. i am a"facts" n "seeing is believing type".
Back in school, there was this skinny kid;2 years my senior. Skinny kid then @ d time used to experience bouts of spiritual attack. He would be normal on most occasions and just like that his mood would change. His eyes would go red like suffering from appolo as we used to call it. His voice would change and become coarse. And someone would be speaking through that voice. Skinny Kid had this occurence rarely and when it happens, sometimes gets very restless and our alfa's then among us would get their Qur'an and start reading scriptures blasting away. The effect of the alfa's reading to him i never really knew. I used to feel this skinny kid just needed a good slap to come back to his senses. Moving on, we used to have this luggage room where our heavy luggage was locked away in during weekdays, only opened on weekends to guard against theft from thieving students. This Lug room was bound by two Iron roads being held by a concrete wall which when locked forms an "X" shape with 2 massive padlocks @ d tail ends. We had like four lug rooms @ d tym . Hmmm! On this particular day, Coming back frm skool, entered d hostel and about to enter my room. I chose to wait for a friend on the corridor when i spotted other students running out of the last two rooms on the floor. On a quick inquiry, i was told skinny kid was having another fit and was flinging everything in sight with much ease. They said he was flinging heavy stuff that normally he wouldnt be able too. I laughed it off as a joke, only for skinny kid to appear on the same corridor and move towards the closest lug room and pull out one of the rods out of the wall with extra tooo very much ease. when i saw what happened at dat moment, i now realized this was more serious than i had ever thot. Imaginge a burglar proof on your window being pulled out one time very easily from a freaking concrete wall. Dudes that were 4 times his size back then had used every trick in d book to get that lug room opened by all means neccessary to no avail countless times. And here is some skinny kid just comes and pulls it out like he is plucking mangoes. No one had to tell me to use my legs and bail like others. I dont use glasses and my eyes are preety damn good. I know what i saw and what i saw is def not normal. Where did skinny kid get that kind of physical prowess just like that! the rods were bound to the wall well and no cracks or anything! he held it like some javelin he about to throw! Because that cannot be pulled out by 1 or 2 0r 3 peeps, i mean huge peeps sef! Im not the only witness to that. It was just unbelievably freakin crazy how that could happen. We still refer to it as that "Hercules Moment" when me and old pals go down memory lane. So the supernatural for me def exists... Think what you like but i know what my eyes saw that day and that no be film trick... lie lie
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by tosyne09: 3:54am On May 01, 2013
Professor : You are a Christian,
aren’t you,
son ?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Professor : Is GOD good ?
Student : Sure.
Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?
Student : Yes.
Professor: My brother died of cancer
even
though he
prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us
would
attempt
to help others who are ill. But GOD
didn’t. How
is this
GOD good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent.)
Professor: You can’t answer, can
you ? Let’s
start
again, young fella. Is GOD good?
Professor: Is satan good ?
Student : No.
Professor: Where does satan come
from ?
Student : From … GOD …
Professor: That’s right. Tell me son,
is there
evil in this
world?
Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t
it ? And
GOD did
make everything. Correct?
Professor: So who created evil ?
(Student did not answer.)
Professor: Is there sickness?
Immorality?
Hatred?
Ugliness? All these terrible things
exist in the
world,
don’t they?
Professor: So, who created them ?
(Student had no answer.)
Professor: Science says you have 5
Senses you
use to
identify and observe the world around
you.
Tell me, son,
have you ever seen GOD?
Student : No, sir.
Professor: Tell us if you have ever
heard your
GOD?
Student : No , sir.
Professor: Have you ever felt your
GOD, tasted
your
GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever
had any
sensory
perception of GOD for that matter?
Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I
haven’t.
Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?
Professor : According to Empirical,
Testable,
Demonstrable Protocol, Science says
your GOD
doesn’t
exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.
Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the
problem
Science
has.
Student : Professor, is there such a
thing as
heat?
Professor: Yes.
Student : And is there such a thing as
cold?
Student : No, sir. There isn’t.
(The lecture theater became very quiet
with
this turn of
events.)
Student : Sir, you can have lots of
heat, even
more heat,
superheat, mega heat, white heat, a
little heat
or no
heat. But we don’t have anything
called cold.
We can
hit 458 degrees below zero which is no
heat,
but we
can’t go any further after that. There
is no
such thing
as cold. Cold is only a word we use to
describe the
absence of heat. We cannot measure
cold.
Heat is
energy. Cold is not the opposite of
heat, sir,
just the
absence of it.
(There was pin-drop silence in the
lecture
theater.)
Student : What about darkness,
Professor? Is
there such
a thing as darkness?
Professor: Yes. What is night if there
isn’t
darkness?
Student : You’re wrong again, sir.
Darkness is
the
absence of something. You can have
low light,
normal
light, bright light, flashing light. But if
you
have no light
constantly, you have nothing and its
called
darkness,
isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If
it is, well
you would
be able to make darkness darker,
wouldn’t
you?
Professor: So what is the point you are
making, young
man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your
philosophical
premise is
flawed.
Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain
how?
Student : Sir, you are working on the
premise
of duality.
You argue there is life and then there
is
death, a good
GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing
the
concept of
GOD as something finite, something we
can
measure.
Sir, Science can’t even explain a
thought. It
uses
electricity and magnetism, but has
never seen,
much
less fully understood either one. To
view
death as the
opposite of life is to be ignorant of the
fact
that death
cannot exist as a substantive thing.
Death is not the opposite of life: just
the
absence of it.
Now tell me, Professor, do you teach
your
students that
they evolved from a monkey?
Professor: If you are referring to the
natural
evolutionary process, yes, of course, I
do.
Student : Have you ever observed
evolution
with your
own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shook his head with a
smile,
beginning
to realize where the argument was
going.)
Student : Since no one has ever
observed the
process of
evolution at work and cannot even
prove that
this
process is an on-going endeavor. Are
you not
teaching
your opinion, sir? Are you not a
scientist but a
preacher?
(The class was in uproar.)
Student : Is there anyone in the class
who has
ever seen
the Professor’s brain?
(The class broke out into laughter. )
Student : Is there anyone here who has
ever
heard the
Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or
smelt it?
No one
appears to have done so. So, according
to the
established Rules of Empirical, Stable,
Demonstrable
Protocol, Science says that you have
no brain,
sir. With
all due respect, sir, how do we then
trust your
lectures,
sir?
(The room was silent. The Professor
stared at
the
student, his face unfathomable.)
Professor: I guess you’ll have to
take them on
faith,
son.
Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The
link
between man
& GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps
things
alive and
moving.
P.S.
I believe you have enjoyed the
conversation.
And if so,
you’ll probably want your friends /
colleagues
to enjoy
the same, won’t you?
Forward this to increase their
knowledge …
or FAITH.
By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Tunmi(f): 4:03am On May 01, 2013
I love this thread. And thanks to those who kept debunking these "supernatural" nonsense. You would think with all these juju and whatnot Naija would be the #1 nation in the world. At least electricity would be constant na.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by moneyhungry(m): 5:26am On May 01, 2013
anyone who doubts the existence of supernatural forces is lying to himself.
believe it or not, science has limits.
how can science explain the art of prophecy?
science cannot explain witchcraft.
i can pardon an atheist's ignorance about the supernatural, but doubting it is plain foolishness!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 5:34am On May 01, 2013
money-hungry :
anyone who doubts the existence of supernatural forces is lying to himself.
believe it or not, science has limits.
how can science explain the art of prophecy?
science cannot explain witchcraft.
i can pardon an atheist's ignorance about the supernatural, but doubting it is plain foolishness!
Indeed science has limits, the supernatural does not..

Those who know so much about the SUPERNATURAL continue to live in perpetual darknes...

A picture of the earth at night from space

[img]http://news.psu.edu/sites/default/files/research/image/5379-2.jpg[/img]
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 5:41am On May 01, 2013
bolaino: On my journey to self enlightenment, I have had lots of experiences both good and bad, before I became an agnostic I practiced lots of religions that deal with occult mysticism, and I gathered a knowledge or two about the supernatural, So my stance on the issue of supernatural occurrences is that of the affirmative, I believe in supernatural occurrences. As I have experienced them first hand.

What made me create this topic is the growing trend of atheists who go about with the assertion that there are no metaphysical happenings, that everything can be explained and that the things that can not be explained now, are probably things that science has not fully comprehended and will soon demystify in the nearest future, I could understand this stance coming from an atheist who lives in the western world, but I will not take it from an atheist who was born and bred up here in Africa, Nigeria especially,

My reasons being we as africans have one way or the other seen first hand or heard (from eye witness accounts) numerous tales of things beyond human comprehension, from either seeing unbroken eggs in glass bottles to seeing lots of crucifixes in glass bottles, how where these things made to happen? It's beyond human comprehension, and like so many other numerous tales of supernatural experiences heard from friends and family,

So it baffles me when I see atheists like Ooman, muskeeto, regynius, logicboy, ezme, Rossikk, and the rest of the bandwagon, try to give rational explanation for issues beyond their comprehension, I'm not saying that we should continue to chase shadows like ezme would say, no, but we should give an open mind to issues that try to enlighten us on the occurrence of metaphysical happenings,

Thank God for science, now we are able to explain many of the things our ancestors regarded as supernatural, now we know that these were just natural occurrences Caused by mother nature, but the truth still remains that there are things even the almighty science will never be able to give good explanations for.

So my fellow freethinkers, be objective in your discussions about the supernatural. But I would like to hear your opinions on this issue as well.

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Emusan(m): 6:54am On May 01, 2013
I've said it before, one day atheist scientists will declear there's God. (Very funny thing argument between themselves 'supernatural' no 'supernatural'.)

We're moving toward it soon which is 'INFORMATION', they believed nature contains only two entities (mass & energy). Then what if the third entity can find its way in nature it means their assumptions is wrong (materialism) and everything that go with materialism is wrong (atheist, evolutionist, humanist). It has been confirmed that nature consists INFORMATION and information is nonmaterials(Spirit). The question now is where does this information come from?

For more on 'INFORMATION 'click here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/information-evidence-for-a-creator

Before I go I want to clear this with my Christian brethen's. Anytime you want to say anything about scientist please always make it clear the particular scientist you're talkin about because we have creationist scientist that believe in the existence of God Almighty and they've impacted more to this genertion. Thanks!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 7:03am On May 01, 2013
tosyne09: Professor : You are a Christian,
aren’t you,
son ?
Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Professor : Is GOD good ?
Student : Sure.
Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?
Professor: My brother died of cancer
even
though he
prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us
would
attempt
to help others who are ill. But GOD
didn’t. How
is this
GOD good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent.)
Professor: You can’t answer, can
you ? Let’s
start
again, young fella. Is GOD good?
Professor: Is satan good ?
Student : No.
Professor: Where does satan come
from ?
Student : From … GOD …
Professor: That’s right. Tell me son,
is there
evil in this
world?
Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t
it ? And
GOD did
make everything. Correct?
Professor: So who created evil ?
(Student did not answer.)
Professor: Is there sickness?
Immorality?
Hatred?
Ugliness? All these terrible things
exist in the
world,
don’t they?
Professor: So, who created them ?
(Student had no answer.)
Professor: Science says you have 5
Senses you
use to
identify and observe the world around
you.
Tell me, son,
have you ever seen GOD?
Student : No, sir.
Professor: Tell us if you have ever
heard your
GOD?
Student : No , sir.
Professor: Have you ever felt your
GOD, tasted
your
GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever
had any
sensory
perception of GOD for that matter?
Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I
haven’t.
Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?
Professor : According to Empirical,
Testable,
Demonstrable Protocol, Science says
your GOD
doesn’t
exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.
Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the
problem
Science
has.
Student : Professor, is there such a
thing as
heat?
Student : And is there such a thing as
cold?
Student : No, sir. There isn’t.
(The lecture theater became very quiet
with
this turn of
events.)
Student : Sir, you can have lots of
heat, even
more heat,
superheat, mega heat, white heat, a
little heat
or no
heat. But we don’t have anything
called cold.
We can
hit 458 degrees below zero which is no
heat,
but we
can’t go any further after that. There
is no
such thing
as cold. Cold is only a word we use to
describe the
absence of heat. We cannot measure
cold.
Heat is
energy. Cold is not the opposite of
heat, sir,
just the
absence of it.
(There was pin-drop silence in the
lecture
theater.)
Student : What about darkness,
Professor? Is
there such
a thing as darkness?
Professor: Yes. What is night if there
isn’t
darkness?
Student : You’re wrong again, sir.
Darkness is
the
absence of something. You can have
low light,
normal
light, bright light, flashing light. But if
you
have no light
constantly, you have nothing and its
called
darkness,
isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If
it is, well
you would
be able to make darkness darker,
wouldn’t
you?
Professor: So what is the point you are
making, young
man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your
philosophical
premise is
flawed.
Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain
how?
Student : Sir, you are working on the
premise
of duality.
You argue there is life and then there
is
death, a good
GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing
the
concept of
GOD as something finite, something we
can
measure.
Sir, Science can’t even explain a
thought. It
uses
electricity and magnetism, but has
never seen,
much
less fully understood either one. To
view
death as the
opposite of life is to be ignorant of the
fact
that death
cannot exist as a substantive thing.
Death is not the opposite of life: just
the
absence of it.
Now tell me, Professor, do you teach
your
students that
they evolved from a monkey?
Professor: If you are referring to the
natural
evolutionary process, yes, of course, I
do.
Student : Have you ever observed
evolution
with your
own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shook his head with a
smile,
beginning
to realize where the argument was
going.)
Student : Since no one has ever
observed the
process of
evolution at work and cannot even
prove that
this
process is an on-going endeavor. Are
you not
teaching
your opinion, sir? Are you not a
scientist but a
preacher?
(The class was in uproar.)
Student : Is there anyone in the class
who has
ever seen
the Professor’s brain?
(The class broke out into laughter. )
Student : Is there anyone here who has
ever
heard the
Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or
smelt it?
No one
appears to have done so. So, according
to the
established Rules of Empirical, Stable,
Demonstrable
Protocol, Science says that you have
no brain,
sir. With
all due respect, sir, how do we then
trust your
lectures,
sir?
(The room was silent. The Professor
stared at
the
student, his face unfathomable.)
Professor: I guess you’ll have to
take them on
faith,
son.
Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The
link
between man
& GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps
things
alive and
moving.
P.S.
I believe you have enjoyed the
conversation.
And if so,
you’ll probably want your friends /
colleagues
to enjoy
the same, won’t you?
Forward this to increase their
knowledge …
or FAITH.
By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

Stop spreading falsehood. . .Einstien NEVER had such a conversation with any body, it is just a made up legend flying all over the internet written byu a christian apologist some where. . .

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 7:06am On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: Like I said before, you're already programmed not to accept whatever I say.. Even if I bring a video, you'll provide a twist to it, If I talk, you'll provide another twist.. Supernatural Beings exists... Believe it or Not.. I can provide a link to a video, where a pastor prayed for an Owl to die, and it died Instantly... Even if I bring it, you'll still provide another twist.. So is there any need?

Bring it lets examine it. . .Pls bring a video of any man whose penissss has been made to vanish. . .I the world of youtube and camera phoes such prevalent news should have been recorded many times and posted on the internet. . .But no, na so so, dem say dem say. . .Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by arithcom(m): 7:24am On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: Lest I forget... A friend of mine, when I was In Junior school, ate coca-cola 33cl Bottle, right in front of all of us.. I was so shocked, he used to be a tout then, his body was like a rock, He could not be stabbed.. If you try to stab him, the knife will just bounce.. And now, he's a born again Christian... How do you explain that??
We must have attended same school, and the guy in question is likely to be Owa or idowu. If not, same thing happened in my school in 1994 or there about.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by gabinogem(m): 7:26am On May 01, 2013
Enlightenments comes from within. It is only the enlightened that accept paranormal activities... Man know thyself and thou shall exhibit and control thy paranormal behaviour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem / It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. / Apostle Suleman Preaches Against Sending Children For Studies Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.