Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:54 PM

Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School (28865 Views)

Top 10 Billionaires Who Drives The Cheapest Cars / Nigerian Billionaires Who Dropped Out Of School / Billionaires That Graduated From College. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by dddaaayyyooo(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
32Million: and how many africans......and in fact Nigerians are on that list.......Junior,dnt read ds!! grin
U get am, How many of them r Nigerians, if u drop out in nigeria gbagbe o, u got tendency to surfer wela

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by sportfeva(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wow, sincerely school won't teach how to become a billionaire but street surely will. If you hold the same belief, let me feel your Like sign as I will analyze later. Anyone who have idea on this can contribute.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
most of these advocates of dropping out of school - unlike gates and co - are not dropping out because they are inspired to start a business that will change the world - but because they are lazy.

what can we expect from any of these dropout wannabes other than trading and blogging and hyip

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by neksummi(m): 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
I don't think most of them chose to drop out of school. They were complelled to due to poverty, and some of them because of a course that was greater than school. So if you have yourself out of school because of poverty, remember that you could be a success. If you have a bigger course than school, pursue your higher course.

You may want to check out what I'm helping people do here on nairaland that's changing their financial fortunes.
https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Cultured: I will always say it, ignoramuses tend to mistake acquisition of paper certificates/attainment of formal higher institutions as true meaning of education, but that's not true . From my analytical findings , 99% of formal certificate holders , whose definition of education is going through formal educational system of learning are "uninformed" in their area of specializations , they only depends of theories - They are never productive , thus the reason why you see rundown companies every now and then , where they are heads.

Self-education is the best form of education , of which you can never gain it through formal educational settings. Formal education will make you a living ; While self-education will make you a fortune . Meanwhile , I'm a proponent of sound formal basic education ( primary to secondary school ).

Sincerely , you are a genius. My respect to you , big bros .
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Jhulyan(m): 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
Vicotex: OP you copied this post from my blog www.naijaclone.tk
and by that u mean u manufactured it abi?
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Fellonigerians: 1:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
zangiff: it shows life is good for those with visions and zeal to achieve greatness

Only in America or other countries where vision is valued... Not Nigeria...
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by bbulldog(m): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
But InDIANs are so lazy, why dont they like school? They belive so much in their temples sha!
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by fkaz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
dddaaayyyooo: .
U get am, How many of them r Nigerians, if u drop out in nigeria gbagbe o, u got tendency to surfer wela

But remember people like late chief MKO, orji uzor kalu, Dangote, jide mokorel, dantata etc. They have a say in this country. BTW with all the certificate one will posses in this country you have to bow down to a thug or a clown before you will make it.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by mentorken05(m): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
Rubbish!!!drop out of school here in naija and see if u will not wash plate for canteen...naija z diff...u can't drop outta skool and expect to be a Bill Gate

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by princeFAD: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
@op.You have forgotten to include the name of CEO of nairaland. Seun Osawa smiley
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by omar22(m): 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Looking out of College, Uni or Poly does not equate as dropping out of school.... Dropping out of Secondary is what most European and the western world refer to as school... College, Uni or Poly is referred to as Further education, someone dropping out of Harvard does not mean that person dropped out of school....
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by dc555: 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ok, we should all leave school and see what happens.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
show me a billionaire with a first class honours from a Nigerian university............thats what i thought
if you wanna have a certificate then by all means go to school and read your backside off. but if you wanna make money all you have to do is dream....now which of them is easier........thats what i thought
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Feedmemore(f): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
Only a Professor from a liberal college believe that the only way to get ahead is to do well in school. A college education is a good thing to have but your GPA is not a good predictor of success in life. People skills and hard work and the willingness to take risk are more important. If you think borrowing $100K to attend Columbia will make you successful in life you are probably going to be disappointed.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Ikwerefistson: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
ba7man: WARNING: This thread is no excuse to drop out of school.
hahahaha u dey beg dem?make dm drop and see

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Afritop(m): 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
I WILL LIKE THIS THREAD TO INCLUDE TOP 10 NIGERIAN BILLIONAIRES THAT DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by buJu234: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
lol... my friend is a B.ENG holder from a Nigerian Federal University.... while his Land Lord of same age is a businessman that owns more than 3 shops in Ladipo.

Wats the secret; while my friend was busy investing his time reading books & passing exams
this young chap was busy investing his time learning how to make money via learning a trade from his Oga.

so after 12yrs (6yrs secondary school; 5yrs university & 1 yr NYSC) that young man has grown to become an international business man while my friend was looking for Job.

To me; I beleive the era of B.SC; Msc; PHDs for everyone has gone; we are in the era of learn how to read and write then go into Investment training or Money making training.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
fkaz:

But remember people like late chief MKO, orji uzor kalu, Dangote, jide mokorel, dantata etc. They have a say in this country. BTW with all the certificate one will posses in this country you have to bow down to a thug or a clown before you will make it.

MKO Abiola that is not only a graduate but a Chartered Accountant?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
nomsochris: show me a billionaire with a first class honours from a Nigerian university............thats what i thought
if you wanna have a certificate then by all means go to school and read your backside off. but if you wanna make money all you have to do is dream....now which of them is easier........thats what i thought

Money is not the only dream.

If you become a successful doctor, you can be fulfilled.

Wole Soyinka is not necessarily a billionaire.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
Though I'm not a drop-out, one day una go hear my name.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
buJu-234:
lol... my friend is a B.ENG holder from a Nigerian Federal University.... while his Land Lord of same age is a businessman that owns more than 3 shops in Ladipo.

Wats the secret; while my friend was busy investing his time reading books & passing exams
this young chap was busy investing his time learning how to make money via learning a trade from his Oga.

so after 12yrs (6yrs secondary school; 5yrs university & 1 yr NYSC) that young man has grown to become an international business man while my friend was looking for Job.

To me; I beleive the era of B.SC; Msc; PHDs for everyone has gone; we are in the era of learn how to read and write then go into Investment training or Money making training.
Go learn to read and write then you invest; right? How do you get the money to invest, from a tree? Very soon you'll say it's idea. Rubbish! If u no know wetin u go talk make u blow wistle.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by buJu234: 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ Ola Johnson

Go learn to read and write then you invest; right? How do you get the money to invest, from a tree? Very soon you'll say it's idea. Rubbish! If u no know wetin u go talk make u blow wistle.

lol... u make laugh... havent u heard of OPM (other Peoples Money)...
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ola Johnson:
its all about your mindset....like myself i was not the brightest student in my uni days but i had 10 scholarships all paying me more than 100k some 200k per year for five years .....while the first classes where reading for exams, i read for the purpose of making dough ..... invested the funds well with the help of my folks and was able to sponsor my graduate program aboard without struggle
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by donniemc: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
agabaI23: I can give you multiples of that who dropped out of school and never did well
I can also give you more no of people who did not drop out of school who are billionaires.
[size=13pt]Dude you are very wrong. There are more successful dropouts than successful college graduates.90% of all world celebrities since 1947 have being found to be dropouts.Lets be sincere college prepares you for a Salary lifestyle.And you can't except by divine intervention become successful from earning peanuts.At the end of the day every successful person is a dropout.Either they dropout of college or a job ,bad relationship e.t.c. The bottom line is that you have to dropout(take a risk) off something before you can become a true great man!.Even Jesus dropped out of Life to become who he is Today
[/size]
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Azaria11: 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
egift: Attending school and acquiring Education is only aimed to give you the knowledge that will help you make wise decisions in life and in any particular profession you choose to pursue.

But being successful mainly depends on your determination to harness your God-given ability, set personal goals and how persistent you are. The knowledge you have acquired will greatly help you to make an informed decision that gets better result.

you're write.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by gloryon(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
For everybody dt thinks u don't nid to go to skl to me rich,pls tell me one billionaire dt made his money starting frm d year 2000 without going to skl.let's stop quoting our grandfathers. D world is now very competitive,we nid to sharpen our skills nd we must av one thing dt differentiates us frm d rest.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by mufex(m): 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
Here is the thing, most people in college want to just get a degree, and get a job. But very successful people just want to discover their inborn talent, creativity, or an idea, and work hard to perfect the idea, and then offer their idea to the public. That's the main reason the best education ever is self-education. I came across a quote and I will share the quote:
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants, and people are produced.”

Basically, this define the reason why people are successful and others are not. tongue

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by donniemc: 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
glory on: For everybody dt thinks u don't nid to go to skl to me rich,pls tell me one billionaire dt made his money starting frm d year 2000 without going to skl.let's stop quoting our grandfathers. D world is now very competitive,we nid to sharpen our skills nd we must av one thing dt differentiates us frm d rest.
Mark Zukerberg(Facebook-2004) , Jack Dorsey(twitter and square-2012) , Sean Parker(spotify-2005) if i start i would not stop.The tech world is full of everyday billionaires most of them are dropouts
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by yodewaz: 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
To me personally,Going to school doesn't have anything to do with being successful or not bt ability to apply the little knowledge U̶̲̥̅̊ gain matter most,with determination ,self esteem,etc
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Inoknowbook: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
So, the end and short of this post is, that we all should drop out of school? For those that may be deceived by these success stories, you better go look up the statistics on people that dropped out of school and the result so far. This post fails to tell the stories of uncountable others that equally dropped out of school and are currently no where near having a semblance of successful life. For every successful dropout, there are like a million unsuccessful ones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stupid Questions To Avoid As A Bachelor Or Spinster / Happy New Year 2015! / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.