Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School (28895 Views)

Top 10 Billionaires Who Drives The Cheapest Cars / Nigerian Billionaires Who Dropped Out Of School / Billionaires That Graduated From College. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by bighead1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
admission suspension things on ma mind right naw ............
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
Azaria11:

you're write.

Spell writely.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Gideojim(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Rexyl(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
man gift will surely make a way for him if he truly discovers and develops it
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by slyk2(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
But we have more of such billionaires in Nigeria. Its just that we have not looked them up.

However, the content of some of our school work is irrelevant. Also, job creators will make more wealth than employees.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Guk: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
I dont bother arguing with those who cite these kind of examples. If you feel that dropping out of school will enable attain your wealthy status, then drop out of school sharp sharp but if not, then sit tight in school & come out in flying colours!
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by Mercyraheem: 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
I no know book:
So, the end and short of this post is, that we all should drop out of school? For those that may be deceived by these success stories, you better go look up the statistics on people that dropped out of school and the result so far. This post fails to tell the stories of uncountable others that equally dropped out of school and are currently no where near having a semblance of successful life. For every successful dropout, there are like a million unsuccessful ones.
And for every successful graduate,there are like a billion unsuccessful ones
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by InvertedHammer: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2013

In a world of 7.082 billion people, you can only name 10 billionaires that are school drop-outs.

What are the odds?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by coputa(m): 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
No blackman among the top 10,billionaire school drop out...why?
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by tpia5: 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
College is a scam ooo but you gotta play the game because in Africa there is a disease called "diploma-tacy" or title-logy you are only respected if you have a PhD etc ... That's if you are not billionaire or from a billionaire family

the phd helps you get a livable salary, when you're not from a moneyed background.

your other option is to try to make it in entertainment in the face of competition from big moneyed backgrounds.

good luck with that.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by tpia5: 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ topic/op

you seriously did not just encourage people to not further their education, by listing some indians who if we check now, are most likely from the richest families in their country?
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by howardriddle: 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Join this Success Network for super-heroes and success-minded pple. We can do better than them.

Click here to Learn how
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by DAVE5(m): 7:11am On Apr 30, 2013
these afore mentioned individuals dropped out quite all rite, but the story continued ; they worked really hard. i mean real hard.... so pls don't drop out and sit at home waiting for destiny cos ur destiny will find som1 else

if bill gates dropped out and sat at home d story'll be different...

dropping out shouldn't be d topic sentence but rather hard work #hardwork#
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by CocoLoca(f): 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
Where are their damn phone numbers??!?? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by tpia5: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2013
Guk: I dont bother arguing with those who cite these kind of examples. If you feel that dropping out of school will enable attain your wealthy status, then drop out of school sharp sharp but if not, then sit tight in school & come out in flying colours!

then later they start to envy those who stayed in school, and dont rest from monitoring them up and down.
Re: Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School by tpia5: 6:34am On Nov 30, 2013
Yao Ming goes back to school:

This is so fantastic. Former Houston Rockets center Yao Ming is three years removed from his last game as an NBA player, and four and a half years removed from his last All-Star game as a dominant force in the pivot, but that hasn’t stopped him from attempting to turn himself into an anonymous scholar of sorts. As detailed by the New York Times on Thursday, Yao is beginning his third year at Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China – an institution he chose in 2011 because he “wanted to feel the atmosphere on campus.”

Here’s a snippet of Yao’s day to day life, from the Times:

On class days, Yao Ming, the 7-foot-6 retired N.B.A. center, wakes up at the crack of dawn to beat the Shanghai traffic. Carrying a lunch prepared by his wife, Ye Li, a 6-foot-3 former player in China’s professional league, Mr. Yao drives more than an hour to Jiao Tong University, where he sits through his required courses in the economics and management department. According to one Chinese news report, Mr. Yao would prefer to live in the dorms with his 20-year-old classmates, a move that would save time and energy, “but the beds are too small.”
“When I signed my first professional contract with the Shanghai Sharks at age 17, I promised my parents that, after my basketball career ended, I would pursue my studies at the university level,” Mr. Yao told reporters in Shanghai.

As reported two years ago by People’s Daily Online, Yao will be receiving a heap of private instruction in mathematics, English, journalism (!) and finance courses because he is still swarmed on the campus by adoring fans. He also had to give an initial press conference upon his first year at the university, one that was attended by over 100 media members.

The Times also relayed another interesting quirk to Yao’s life as a student. Most famous former athletes are expected to take on a figurehead role with the government upon retirement, acting as an ambassador for the country in myriad ways in order to take advantage of their celebrity. Because Yao had to leave home at such an early age to train with the members of the Chinese national team, though, he felt pressure to live up to the educational promise he made to his parents.

Which is tough, because as Yao mentioned two years ago, he’s a bit “rusty” when it comes to picking up on what most students have to work through in their late teens. Yao is clearly a very intelligent man, but going back to college in your early-to-mid 30s is no joke.

Especially when you’re being mobbed by fellow classmates on your way from class to class. The packed lunch from the missus helps, though, we presume.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/yao-ming-beginning-third-college-packed-lunch-hand-192656436--nba.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos / Stupid Questions To Avoid As A Bachelor Or Spinster / The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.