Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Portrait Art Help... - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Portrait Art Help... (2390 Views)

Nairalander Uses Toothpick To Make Crazy Art And Portrait / A Thread For Charcoal Portrait Artists / Portrait Art Work By A 15 Years Old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Portrait Art Help... by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
Guys, i'm trying to upgrade my pencil portrait jobs. I've been doing it for free on A4 paper. I'll like to know (from the professionals), what kind of paper is used for professional pencil portrait art and where i can find them in ibadan. Thanks...
Re: Portrait Art Help... by Goldenheart(m): 12:05am On Apr 30, 2013
As for paper, Get Embossed Cardboard... Dotted, line, antelope. any paper is recommended sha.

As for pencil, you need all grades. i will advise you buy "staedler" the pencils cost 1500+

Get Kneaded rubber as ur eraser.

And a reference material. "Awake magazines"
modeling magazines etc.

As an artist. start from drawing from reference, move unto Life drawing....imaginative drawing is the peak.

Practice everyday....if you ve time sha... work hard n pray hard... God bless.

1 Like

Re: Portrait Art Help... by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 30, 2013
Thanks alot.
Re: Portrait Art Help... by Ngigz: 1:32am On May 03, 2013
Get a catridge paper, its plain white and easy to erase when you make mistakes and its way bigger than an A4 paper. Professionally i use WINSOR & NEWTON acrylic pad. its an A3 thick textured paper pads of 15 pieces. but i dont know where u can get it in Ibadan but its availabe at ARTWORLD @OJU ELEGBA LAGOS. keep practicing, and remember "the eyes are the major key to an accurate resemblance in a portrait drawing" God bless the works of your hands.
Re: Portrait Art Help... by Nobody: 7:01am On May 03, 2013
Ngigz: Get a catridge paper, its plain white and easy to erase when you make mistakes and its way bigger than an A4 paper. Professionally i use WINSOR & NEWTON acrylic pad. its an A3 thick textured paper pads of 15 pieces. but i dont know where u can get it in Ibadan but its availabe at ARTWORLD @OJU ELEGBA LAGOS. keep practicing, and remember "the eyes are the major key to an accurate resemblance in a portrait drawing" God bless the works of your hands.

Thanks men. Pls, how much does the catridge paper cost?
Re: Portrait Art Help... by Ngigz: 8:27pm On May 03, 2013
em... N30 per sheet.
Re: Portrait Art Help... by Nobody: 5:53am On May 05, 2013
Ok. Thanks
Re: Portrait Art Help... by Benayhour(m): 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Guys, i'm trying to upgrade my pencil portrait jobs. I've been doing it for free on A4 paper. I'll like to know (from the professionals), what kind of paper is used for professional pencil portrait art and where i can find them in ibadan. Thanks...
there are varieties of textured cardboards u can make use of, they also come in different colours. U can get it at Ab artworld in Ibadan.
Re: Portrait Art Help... by faceland: 12:16am On Aug 17, 2021
To me the paper doesn't matter. Experiment with all you can get your hands on (including cardboard papers) until you find what you are most comfortable with.

As a professional, the back of the paper is almost as important as the front. So make sure whatever paper you are using, the back is not crested or dirt or looking unprofessional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaJV5STMKY

(1) (Reply)

Lux Astoria Architectural Designs / 3 D Printing Service Company - Calling Graphics Designs And Cad Experts. / Davido's Father Portrait Painting Deji Adeleke By Ayeola Ayodeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.