Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? (3249 Views)

Bible Said Jesus Will Go To HELL / 10 Things Science Cannot Do But Jesus Can / Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mintayo(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus disagrees :

"why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world." - John 10:36

GOD also disagrees with you :

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him

continue in ur delusion,i pray God will deliver u someday and Jesus will reveal Himself to you,like i said,i dnt really c d difference btw u and muslims!
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Bidam: You are actually the one who is confused and deluded here. If you actually agree that Jesus is the Son of God and God is Spirit,then it is logical to deduce that Jesus is God. A goat cannot give birth to a dog,neither do you plant cassava and reap rice. That's natural laws,how much more spiritual laws.

let me realign your brain, who are you kidding here !

How can a Father be his Son and his Father at the same time, who is the one deluded here grin
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mintayo:

continue in ur delusion,i pray God will deliver u someday and Jesus will reveal Himself to you,like i said,i dnt really c d difference btw u and muslims!

Nathan and Peter debunk your lies and agree with ME :

NATHAN
"48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked.

Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”

49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.” - John 1

PETER

"Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." - Matthew 16:16
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mikechinos(m): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Jesus is d image of d invisible God. So he is God

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mike chinos: Jesus is d image of d invisible God. So he is God

wrong, Peter and Nathan disagree.

Image does not mean the Person, it means a reflection of that Person.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

wrong, Peter and Nathan disagree.

Image does not mean the Person, it means a reflection of that Person.

smiley

Can an invisible object have a reflection?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Can an invisible object have a reflection?

indeed, in a physical sense.

No one has seen GOD but ?

"No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known." - John 1:18

Jesus is the physical image of his spiritual father. This is very simply English , yet you keep missing it because you keep twisting it to mean something else.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

indeed, in a physical sense.

No one has seen GOD but ?

"No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known." - John 1:18

Jesus is the physical image of his spiritual father. This is very simply English , yet you keep missing it because you keep twisting it to mean something else.

smiley

If Jesus is the image of a God that is not just hiding, He is actually invisible, what does that say to you?

Like I told you before, the invisible God appeared in the Old Testament. He walked, He spoke, His back was seen and all, in whose image do you think the 'invisible' God do all these things?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mintayo(m): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:
Jesus is the physical image of his spiritual father.
smiley
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mikechinos(m): 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Jesus is God he came as a man just to save U̶̲̥̅̊ and me. He pre-existed before all things. He said he is the alpha and omega the first and last
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

If Jesus is the image of a God that is not just hiding, He is actually invisible, what does that say to you?

Like I told you before, the invisible God appeared in the Old Testament. He walked, He spoke, His back was seen and all, in whose image do you think the 'invisible' God do all these things?

Jesus Christ himself said no man has seen God , John the apostle said that though no man has seen God , not even Moses who saw the back parts of God , he has revealed himself through his Son , who Paul adds is the express image of his person.

It is clear , except if we are dishonest , that a constant distinction is made always between father and son , implying 2 persons .

2 persons cannot be one person and it therefore is not a surprise that Jesus helps us make this distinction by calling his father the one and true and only GOD.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mikechinos(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus Christ himself said no man has seen God , John the apostle said that though no man has seen God , not even Moses who saw the back parts of God , he has revealed himself through his Son , who Paul adds is the express image of his person.

It is clear , except if we are dishonest , that a constant distinction is made always between father and son , implying 2 persons .

2 persons cannot be one person and it therefore is not a surprise that Jesus helps us make this distinction by calling his father the one and true and only GOD.

your ways are not my way said the lord. Its kinda foolish trying to interpret the bible with carnal mind. As heaven is higher dan d earth so is my wisdom higher dan urs said the lord. U can't understand d deep things of God without the holy spirit so bruv ask God for his spirit and revelation
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

Please answer this question- is God visible?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Please answer this question- is God visible?

Jesus said God is spirit , which infers that he is invisible.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mike chinos: your ways are not my way said the lord. Its kinda foolish trying to interpret the bible with carnal mind. As heaven is higher dan d earth so is my wisdom higher dan urs said the lord. U can't understand d deep things of God without the holy spirit so bruv ask God for his spirit and revelation

God has revealed his deep truths to his children , ask for wisdom and understanding,
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mikechinos(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

God has revealed his deep truths to his children , ask for wisdom and understanding,
ask for the holy spirit bro he will make u to understand all things
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus said God is spirit , which infers that he is invisible.

How can something that as been termed invisible walk, talk, be seen 'So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”

Colossians 1:12-15a

“Giving thanks unto the Father, who hath made us meet (or who hath prepared us) to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13. Who (speaking of God the Father) hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14. In whom (Now we’re talking about the Son.) we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: (Now, that’s not a period; it’s a colon. So the thought carries right on down to the next verse.) 15. Who…”

Colossians 1:15

“Who is (Now watch this carefully.) the image of (What kind of a God?) the invisible God,...” See that? God the Son became the visible image of the invisible God.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
John 1:1-3

“In the beginning (whenever it was) was the Word, (capitalized) and the Word was with God, (Contrary to the Jehovah’s Witness Bible; keep reading.) and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made (or created) by him; (Now don’t forget who we’re talking about—the Word.) and without him was not anything made that was made.” Because He alone would speak the word and things could happen. Now come down to verse 14, and that just puts the frosting on the cake, doesn’t it?

John 1:14

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” So, what person of the Godhead is the Word? Well, the Son. the Son stepped out of the invisible Godhead and became the Communicator representing the whole. He spoke the word out of which came Creation as we know it and all these other revelations from Scripture and so forth.

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
shdemidemi: John 1:1-3

“In the beginning (whenever it was) was the Word, (capitalized) and the Word was with God, (Contrary to the Jehovah’s Witness Bible; keep reading.) and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made (or created) by him; (Now don’t forget who we’re talking about—the Word.) and without him was not anything made that was made.” Because He alone would speak the word and things could happen. Now come down to verse 14, and that just puts the frosting on the cake, doesn’t it?

John 1:14

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” So, what person of the Godhead is the Word? Well, the Son. the Son stepped out of the invisible Godhead and became the Communicator representing the whole. He spoke the word out of which came Creation as we know it and all these other revelations from Scripture and so forth.

You are still confusing yourself.

smiley
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

You are still confusing yourself.

smiley
It's the other way round, I do only scriptures minus tradition. If the bible says it, so it is.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
back in the Old Testament economy, Christ has not taken on flesh. He has not become the incarnate Son of God. So, whenever God the Son( inference) had to communicate, like with Adam and Eve and Abraham, it was through a theophany. He would appear in human form. After He finished what needed to be done, He simply went back into the invisible Godhead.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Freksy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mike chinos: Jesus is God he came as a man just to save U̶̲̥̅̊ and me. He pre-existed before all things. He said he is the alpha and omega the first and last

Can you tell me what God did to save you?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by truthislight: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
italo: @ OP, whose words are these in Rev 22:12,13?

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Is that person God or man?

^^

Error! Error! Error!

That place was talking about Yahweh and Jesus.

Rev 22:6-13 talked about Yahweh sending his angel, then from verse 16 and 17 talked about Jesus the root of Devid.

see:

"And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. " (Revelation 22:6-13).
..........:..........
That ^ is talking about Yahweh that sends His angel.

After Yahweh sends his Angel, then Jesus sends his angel in subsequent vers 16 below:

"I Jesus have sent mine angel
to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:16-17).

The almighty is not of the root of David.

Yahweh is not a morning star.

"The lord God of the prophet" is Yahweh. QED.

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
italo: @ OP, whose words are these in Rev 22:12,13?

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Is that person God or man?
I should be asking you that question, read that verse complete.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mintayo: When i first saw d topic,i quickly ran to c d name of d Op,when i saw tintingz,i was like,is it d same tintingz or another one?
But alas reading d comments i discovered it is d tintinz i knw...d lying tintings!
Anyway@d op,ur question v already been answered by okkeyson but since u r nt here to learn or accept d answer ppl will give u,den y d question?
Mintayo my friend why calling me a liar. . .all what i quoted was from the bible undecided
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel: Jesus is not GOD , he is the Son of GOD, even SATAN knows this.

smiley
Tho we dont share same belief tongue buh you know that Jesus is not God..

buh sorry he's not the son of God smiley
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by truthislight: 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
But Jesus said:

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." (John 1:18).

shdemidemi:

See, this below is the way that things in the OT
Was done:

"Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him." (Exodus 23:20-21).

What was that ^ angel authorised to bear ?

You really need to start trusting Jesus.

He said NO MAN HAS SEEN GOD at "anytime".

Smh for you
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by truthislight: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mike chinos: Jesus is God he came as a man just to save U̶̲̥̅̊ and me. He pre-existed before all things. He said he is the alpha and omega the first and last
^
Your error.

Jesus is not the alpha and Omega
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

That part is in Genesis 1. the bible does not contradict, so what do you say to this.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mintayo(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
tintingz: Mintayo my friend why calling me a liar. . .all what i quoted was from the bible undecided

i believe u are enjoying dis thread,no?
You might quote from d Bible but u will not learn/understand with d kind of answer u already have in mind!
Jesus is God,He only came to earth as a man-in d flesh,John1:14 says 'And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us...
God had to come in the physical flesh to save man...Jesus is d visible image of God!
Ppl didnt not believe Jesus when He called himself d Son of God,do u think they will do if He had told them dt He is d(invisible)God?(even though He did 'indirectly').
Jesus called Himself d son of God bcus He came as d Son of God just as u r d son of ur father!
In John 14:7,Jesus said to thomas
"If ye had known me,ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.

Son of man is a title used by Jesus for Himself.
Jesus is Lord,amen!
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 02, 2013
@frosbel; you sir need a brain realignment of your own for saying Jesus is son of God. I say to you only a child of adultery his mother is not the spouse of his father. Mama is always known of every child because of the pregnancy. Papa may not be know. And God is not the Father of any child.

with this in mind, unless you can tie a marital cord between Mary and the alleged father of Jesus, your idea about image of God is in the same bowl of assortment as those who say Jesus is God.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by enilove(m): 2:03am On Jul 02, 2013
RoyPCain: @frosbel; you sir need a brain realignment of your own for saying Jesus is son of God. I say to you only a child of adultery his mother is not the spouse of his father. Mama is always known of every child because of the pregnancy. Papa may not be know. And God is not the Father of any child.

with this in mind, unless you can tie a marital cord between Mary and the alleged father of Jesus, your idea about image of God is in the same bowl of assortment as those who say Jesus is God.

Frankly speaking, you do not know God.
Think on this verse:

Matthew 1:18
"Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."

You expect to see a marital cord tied btw a human being and God his Creator?
You expect God to have a wife b4 He can have children?
Are angels not children of God?Do they have mothers?

Jesus is the Son of God.
Before Jesus came,there was a revelation about his existence. He told the Pharisees in John 8:58
"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." This means he is not an ordinary man as you think. As a Son of God he has the attribute of his Father ,so he is God. But not God Almighty.

Now read what was wrtten about him more than 2000 yrs b4 he came:

Proverbs 8:23-36 KJV
I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: [29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: [30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; [31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. [32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. [33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. [34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. [35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord . [36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Look at that verse 13 which says "I was SET UP from everlasting.....
What does it mean to set up?.
It means to CREATE
It means TO BRING ABOUT. etc

Jesus was set up by God ever b4 the world or heaven were created as His only begotten Son. B4 God created the angels.
Even, Jesus categorically said he has a father in heaven.
Since we can read in more than 50 verses in the Bible where Jesus called God his Father,why all these arguements?

I have taken my time to point this out to you because I know you are not a christian. I would not want you to close your eyes to the reality of what you have read above.

Let me add this. After Jesus ascended to heaven,he gave John a revelation.In this revelation,he still called God his Father.He also called God his God.
Lets read Revelation 3:5 KJV
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:12 KJV
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

If you are ready to know the truth,take your time and read the book of Revelation from chapter 1 to 6.After u can ask questns where you are not clear.

This is not about argumt but about not missing a divine opportunity.
Anyone who fails to accept Jesus Christ here on earth as his Lord and saviour ,will not have another when he departs from this world,and it will be a great disaster indeed.

Pray to God if you are not sure and He will direct you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? / Police Tell Man To Remove Zombie Jesus (Photos) / 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.