Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

"Ojuju Calabar" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Ojuju Calabar" (3038 Views)

OJUJU Now Available For Viewing / Ojuju Calabar: Why Do Children Use That Word When They Are Afraid Of Dark? / Were You Threatened With Ojuju Calabar Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ojuju Calabar" by abuchilag: 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
The word "ojuju Calabar" and "Willie willie" scared the shit out of me as a kid. Some 32years later...with all the sophistication and "hyper-tech" the same ojuju calabar still scares the shit out of my baby.

What is the mystery behind this ojuju calabar?
Parents,why are kids scared of ojuju calabar...in this 21st century...with all the cyber innovations and effizzyyyy?

My 2cents "as it was in the beginning,is now...."
Re: "Ojuju Calabar" by Tgirl4real(f): 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
My baby isn't scared of ojuju calabar or willie willie cos she doesn't know what they are. She hasn't heard about dem b4 cos I don't use such to joke with her or scare her.
Re: "Ojuju Calabar" by Emmyk(m): 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
Lol. Maybe it's the words and gestures that is made when the word OJUJU CALABAR is been mentioned to kids....when u tell call ojuju for them later, they'll know it's something scary, buh they might not be able to picture it's YOU
Re: "Ojuju Calabar" by Emmyk(m): 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
My siblings told me they used such names to collect food nd stuffs from me as a kid.. They'll tell me they'll go report me to ojuju and I'll hurrily give them the food which I dont feel like releasing before.
Re: "Ojuju Calabar" by remecy(f): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
Like you said this is the 21st century and in a world of cyber tech, such this are no longer in the market. If am not mistaken, ojuju calabar and willie Willie, we watched in movies,these days there are more advancements in tech we need our kids to learn and not those kapoish slang.
Re: "Ojuju Calabar" by mawuqueyan(f): 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
ℓ̊ neva knw wt willywilly Ȋ̝̊̅§ but dfinatly knw ojuju calaber...
Wntd †̥☺ scare my nephew few days bk and ℓ̊ used ds ojuju calaber tin, d young lad ws jst luking at me as if sumtyn ws wrong with me grin.... He did nt evn understnd wt ℓ̊ ws doing or saying making me luk lyk a dundee...but jst tell him Dr williams Ȋ̝̊̅§ coming now,he wl close his eyez and slip straight up..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lost My Dad Dis Morning / Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful / What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.