Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa (787 Views)

Transformation Of A Suicidal Obese Man To 'Mr Muscle' (PHOTOS / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members / Seun - Seun Osewa, Nairaland Forum Website Administrator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
This morning at 10:40 am, I opened a thread titled; Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road? in the jokes section. This night, I logged on this forum to find the same joke on the front page with the title; Worlds Leaders Explains why the chicken crossed the road. Surprised, I checked the author and I found out that it was dani1luv- the moderator of the jokes section and funny enough, he posted the Joke at 4:09 pm, almost 6 hours after I posted mine.

My question is; is it right for another member talkless of a moderator to copy a joke originally posted by someone else, change the title and then recommend it for front page?

And if you suggest that he probably didn't copy and paste my joke (which I know he did), then why didn't mine make front page and why did his? Or as a moderator, does he just post topics and recommend it for front page without viewing the jokes board itself for jokes by other people?

I know the fact that you have certain rules against double postings so wasn't he supposed to have used the search box to know if something of similar content had earlier been posted?

And to think of it, my joke is still on the front page of the jokes section, so he can't say he didn't see it.

Why? Why? Why? Why should I be cheated? Why should a moderator repost a Joke I originally posted? Why? Why?
Mr Seun Osewa, call your boys to order. I quietly await your response because I know you definitely would see this topic. Thank you.

NB; no moderator, admin or whatever should hide this post, close this thread or delete this topic. Respect yourself. I dey para sad

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by enigmagu1(m): 10:34pm On Apr 28, 2013
as them don do bad tin now dem no go carry ds swt letter go front page...

pls i.wish to c ds letter on the front page pls....
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by iebanehita(m): 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
@OP... Bros, na true ooo!

Word for Word!.. N c as reply n likes dey flow for him thread.

That Dani1luv is jt an example of a cheat...!

Make no MOD hide ds post, if e wan better for am o!

V said myn nw.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Kingslaw(m): 11:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
Front page
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by CrazyMan(m): 12:33am On Apr 29, 2013
Mobsync: This morning at 10:40 am, I opened a thread titled; Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road? in the jokes section. This night, I logged on this forum to find the same joke on the front page with the title; Worlds Leaders Explains why the chicken crossed the road. Surprised, I checked the author and I found out that it was dani1luv- the moderator of the jokes section and funny enough, he posted the Joke at 4:09 pm, almost 6 hours after I posted mine.

My question is; is it right for another member talkless of a moderator to copy a joke originally posted by someone else, change the title and then recommend it for front page?

And if you suggest that he probably didn't copy and paste my joke (which I know he did), then why didn't mine make front page and why did his? Or as a moderator, does he just post topics and recommend it for front page without viewing the jokes board itself for jokes by other people?

I know the fact that you have certain rules against double postings so wasn't he supposed to have used the search box to know if something of similar content had earlier been posted?

And to think of it, my joke is still on the front page of the jokes section, so he can't say he didn't see it.

Why? Why? Why? Why should I be cheated? Why should a moderator repost a Joke I originally posted? Why? Why?
Mr Seun Osewa, call your boys to order. I quietly await your response because I know you definitely would see this topic. Thank you.

NB; no moderator, admin or whatever should hide this post, close this thread or delete this topic. Respect yourself. I dey para sad
Sorry.

I believe he probably didn't see your thread that's why he decided to share the fun with the nairaland community by opening his.

The joke has been broadcasted on bb since the early hours of yesterday anyway, but since yours was posted first, it should have made the front page.

Take heart, and keep posting your news, jokes...etc, and I can assure you that sooner or later, you'll make the front page.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Emmyk(m): 12:47am On Apr 29, 2013
No be by force to make frontpage.. Just shake! Life goes on.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
CrazyMan:
Sorry.

I believe he probably didn't see your thread that's why he decided to share the fun with the nairaland community by opening his.

The joke has been broadcasted on bb since the early hours of yesterday anyway, but since yours was posted first, it should have made the front page.

Take heart, and keep posting your news, jokes...etc, and I can assure you that sooner or later, you'll make the front page.

Why shouldn't he have seen mine? Datz exactly my point. D guy don cheat me ooo sad sad sad
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by dasparrow: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Post

I can relate. I once opened a thread many months ago in the food section about a cake that was shaped and decorated in the form of a real-looking yellow python snake. I created the thread at the time the story was trending on British and American news media sites and blogs. My thread never made front page.

To my greatest shock and surprise, about 2 weeks or so ago, someone else opened a thread showing the same exact cake and low and behold it made front page. Anyways, I know partiality exists on Nairaland because even as a nation, we don't treat each other equally and fairly. So, I told myself, there is no price to be won if one's thread makes the front page so why sweat it? Life goes on.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by swtchicgurl: 3:11am On Apr 30, 2013
now dis is serious! cheesy cheesy cheesy

i never imagined making the frontpage can be this important to some people oh!

see vexing! shocked

i've made the frontpage several times without even knowing until later sef...

anyways, s.hit happens! tongue

grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 30, 2013
Mobsync: This morning at 10:40 am, I opened a thread titled; Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road? in the jokes section. This night, I logged on this forum to find the same joke on the front page with the title; Worlds Leaders Explains why the chicken crossed the road. Surprised, I checked the author and I found out that it was dani1luv- the moderator of the jokes section and funny enough, he posted the Joke at 4:09 pm, almost 6 hours after I posted mine.

I understand your anger.

If it was indeed a joke originated by you, then what dani did was wrong and deceptive.

Plagiarism is not cool.......

I'd be angry too.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 30, 2013
swtchicgurl: now dis is serious! cheesy cheesy cheesy

i never imagined making the frontpage can be this important to some people oh!

see vexing! shocked

i've made the frontpage several times without even knowing until later sef...

anyways, s.hit happens! tongue

grin grin grin

Kindly reread the content, that's not his point.

He wrote the joke, 6hrs later the joke was posted by dan1luv and then sent to the front page without credit to the original owner.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by swtchicgurl: 4:05am On Apr 30, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Kindly reread the content, that's not his point.

He wrote the joke, 6hrs later the joke was posted by dan1luv and then sent to the front page without credit to the original owner.

i agree with u, i'ld prolly be angry too. but i may not open a thread to vent my anger. undecided

i probably would have 'pm'ed dani
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 5:37am On Apr 30, 2013
No, don't get me wrong. The joke wasn't written bt me but was 1st posted by me. The moderator reposted d same joke and recommended it 4 front page. sad
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by sureteeboy(m): 7:59am On Apr 30, 2013
It happened to me some weeks back. That was easter period. I created a thread on significance of xmas and easter, then asked for public opinions on which should be more celebrated. Some days later, I saw a thread with a similar topic @ the homepage, but to my suprise, it has been written by someone else. I don't even know if he's an admin or not
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2013
sureteeboy: It happened to me some weeks back. That was easter period. I created a thread on significance of xmas and easter, then asked for public opinions on which should be more celebrated. Some days later, I saw a thread with a similar topic @ the homepage, but to my suprise, it has been written by someone else. I don't even know if he's an admin or not

then it's time Mr Seun did something about content duplication. Some people simply read ur post, refine it then gbam; they recommend it for front page.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Gboliwe: 4:12pm On May 02, 2013
Have you brought this to gani's attention? Did he apologise? Maybe you should just let it go if he does. Its possible he did it in error

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Pix On Punch / VIDEO Of Soldier Hacked To Death In Woolwich London {MUST SEE} / Happy Birthday Nadia_SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.