Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan (11948 Views)

Breaking News! Probe Me And See Nigeria Explode!! OBJ To Buhari. / Buhari Will Probe Me, All My Aides And Ministers - Jonathan / Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo DARES FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has criticised the establishment of an agency to protect oil pipelines and described it as corruption in governance.

The former president also said he is ready for a probe of his eight-year administration instead of the present administration descending on his cabinet ministers.

Mr Obasanjo, who made the criticism at the 50th birthday thanksgiving of former minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili in Abuja, said he is ready to account for his stewardship.

He said if the present government finds anything wrong with his administration, he would bear the responsibility.

The former President was reacting to the recent moves to probe Mrs Ezekwesili by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) and challenge thrown to the former World Bank VP by the presidency to account for her tenure as Minister of Education.

He said, “I have always said this, whatever you want to blame in my government, blame me, don’t blame any of those people who assisted me. If there is any credit to dispense we share it.

“But for anything you want to say is wrong, I was the one in charge and I was in charge.”

Source

9 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ezekwesili is now being probed for asking how they squandered external reserve. Jonathan is digging his own grave. This administration has thin skin when it comes to opposition asking tough questions. This will not end well.

13 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Here is Mr President's opportunity to put his anti-corruption credentials to the test. grin

Obasanjo dares Jonathan on probe of corruption

• Says ‘ hold me liable, not Ezekwesili’

• Faults pipeline protection contract

• Graft now democratised, ex-minister insists

IT has been an intermittent disagreement that is sometimes considered to have been magnified by the public. But the face-off now festers, and erstwhile President Olusegun Obasanjo did not mind letting the public know this.

Sunday, Obasanjo told his estranged protégé President Goodluck Jonathan that he was not serious about fighting corruption.

He told Jonathan that he should demonstrate his fight against corruption by directing it on him (Obasanjo) rather than one of his former ministers, Oby Ezekwesili.

Obasanjo, who spoke in Abuja at the 50th birthday thanksgiving of Ezekwesili, said that the Jonathan government would not find anything against the former Minister of Education and World Bank chief.

He noted that as head of government for eight years, he should be held liable if any of his ministers was found wanting.

Obasanjo, who also spoke on the planned pipeline protection contract, described it as an avenue for corruption.

The former President said in defence of Ezekwesili: “Those who wanted to probe you, you should have asked them to, because if they are honest probers, they will find out that the government of Nigeria should give you money for what you have done for this country without stealing money.

“I have always said this. Whatever you want to blame in my government, blame me, don’t blame any of those people who assisted me. If there is any credit to dispense, we share it. But for anything you want to say is wrong, I was the one in charge.”

He continued: “This morning, I was travelling from Abeokuta and I was listening to radio. I heard that they said that they are going to set up an agency for pipeline protection. Now, what are the police there for? What are all the security agencies that we have doing? This is another chop chop.

“I just hope that we will get it right. We have no choice. We have to get it right. Let us decide individually that I would do what I have to do to bring about change in Nigeria. If you do that, let me assure you, you will be called names. You will be abused. Some people are hired to do that. But like Oby said, if what you believe is right, stand by it.”

On her part, Ezekwesili, who spoke with reporters after a church service held at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and a reception at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, lamented that endemic corruption was destroying the country.

She said the country was suffering from the woes of the past, calling on the citizens to demand accountability from their elected officials.

She said: “I am not a politician. The day I decide that I want to become a politician you don’t need to guess, you will see me. I am very candid. I am very frank. I am too honest to play games on things that I believe in.

“I am not a politician but I am an active citizen who is basically carrying out the role that every citizen of this nation must carry out. We are going through challenges that require a very strong sense of sacrificial leadership. The corruption in the society now is so endemic it has almost become democratised and that is going to sink us. We need to tackle corruption as we will tackle cancer. It can kill. There is no need pretending that this country is not burdened by corruption. Every Nigerian knows that we have a problem.”

Ezekwesili attracted criticism from the Jonathan administration when she raised questions on what the Jonathan Presidency has done with the $67 billion purportedly left by Obasanjo. She spoke at a convocation of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

Since then, Obasanjo’s and Jonathan’s aides have been at loggerheads, leading to another call by Ezekwesili for a public debate on the issue.

The Jonathan government has subtly turned down the call for a public debate on the issue. The government has rather sent some of the nation’s anti-corruption agencies to the Ministry of Education to snoop around if there were suspicious contracts awarded during the tenure of Ezekwesili, who is fondly called “Madam Due Process.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
Obasanjo and Northern Governors are gearing for war against Jonathan and his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by tomakint: 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
Obasanjo is definitely a clown on this one! His display of shameless boldness is laughable. If I may ask what happened to the $16 billion spent on power? Over 200 million units of shares he and his cronies owned in Transcorp? The over N6 billion fraud he called Presidential library? The many allegations levelled against him by El-Rufai (a serving minister in his cabinet)? The Ministry of Petroleum he illegally served as the de facto minister for 8 years and many more. Kai, this Baba Iyabo can lie

6 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by emmatok(m): 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
tomakint: Obasanjo is definitely a clown on this one! His display of shameless boldness is laughable. If I may ask what happened to the $16 billion spent on power? Over 200 million units of shares he and his cronies owned in Transcorp? The over N6 billion fraud he called Presidential library? The many allegations levelled against him by El-Rufai (a serving minister in his cabinet)? The Ministry of Petroleum he illegally served as the de facto minister for 8 years and many more. Kai, this Baba Iyabo can lie

No need stories,
Tell your Oga GEJ to
PROBE HIM IF YOU CAN.

65 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by hillsate: 12:12am On Apr 29, 2013
Hmmm GEJ, a true leader is known by how he responds not react to criticism, constructive or otherwise.
First it was Elrufai who criticised you and you made sure he always gets embarrassed at the airport in the name of national security.

Oby Ezekwisili challenged you to a debate on how $47 billion foreign reserves was squandered, you not only dismissed it with a wave of hand, you have now sent ICPC to probe her tenure as minister of education.

Gov. Amaechi too rebuffed some of your selfish intents, you decided to humiliate him by grounding his private jet.

Nigerians too have criticised you, now you want to monitor them on the internet.

Oga GEJ, president Obasanjo has thrown to you the challenge of the millennium. Probe him. Show him how a mighty Jonathan you are. Show him that nobody messes with you. Show him you are in charge. Put him in his place. please don't forget. No need to set up a committee first. Just start by seizing his international passport.

If you leave in a glass house, don't throw stones except if your glass house is bullet proof.

45 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 29, 2013
tomakint: Obasanjo is definitely a clown on this one! His display of shameless boldness is laughable. If I may ask what happened to the $16 billion spent on power? Over 200 million units of shares he and his cronies owned in Transcorp? The over N6 billion fraud he called Presidential library? The many allegations levelled against him by El-Rufai (a serving minister in his cabinet)? The Ministry of Petroleum he illegally served as the de facto minister for 8 years and many more. Kai, this Baba Iyabo can lie

He said Jonathan should probe him. Tell Jonathan to take up the challenge and probe him. Obasanjo is a corrupt man too and should be probed, but does Jona boy have the gut to take him on?

3 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by FunnyPikincom(m): 12:26am On Apr 29, 2013
hmmmmm.... I DEY LAUGH IN HINDU....
NAHEE NAHEE NAHEEE grin grin grin
May God deliver Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Gooogle(m): 12:56am On Apr 29, 2013
Wow, I am enjoying this
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by lacasa: 1:15am On Apr 29, 2013
Retardeeen over to u grin
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by CyberG: 1:35am On Apr 29, 2013
Obasanjo is the MAN no retardeen will be in a BILLION years! A leader that GEJ Daftluck will never be even if he rigged himself in a trillion times! The usual PDP defenders like tomkaint, payless, goddex, etc are all here with their tomfoolery but that has not changed the fact that retardeen badluck will never have any good thing about him in the history books of Nigeria. The contract to the Israelis is a waste of money because it is un-needed, wasteful and will be scrapped as soon as a serious government displaces this useless one. How does a sovereign country contract the details and secrets of its people and leadership to a foreign country? At $40 M, providing 0 experience, expertise and jobs for Nigerians? The software is not and will never be developed or brought to Nigeria nor the ideas behind them so any Nigerian can learn! Retardeen just needs to witch-hunt any dissenting Nigerian with our money?

Mark my words, the retardeen will be the biggest loser in the grand scheme of things if he manages to keep his skin alive. Back in the day in Ife when Obasanjo was president, Oil companies, mobile phone companies, banks, consulting companies all come to recruit graduating students to work in Lagos and all over Nigeria. Now it is all gone and replaced by fresh air!

15 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 29, 2013
CyberG: Obasanjo is the MAN no retardeen will be in a BILLION years! A leader that GEJ Daftluck will never be even if he rigged himself in a trillion times! The usual PDP defenders like tomkaint, payless, goddex, etc are all here with their tomfoolery but that has not changed the fact that retardeen badluck will never have any good thing about him in the history books of Nigeria. The contract to the Israelis is a waste of money because it is un-needed, wasteful and will be scrapped as soon as a serious government displaces this useless one. How does a sovereign country contract the details and secrets of its people and leadership to a foreign country? At $40 M, providing 0 experience, expertise and jobs for Nigerians? The software is not and will never be developed or brought to Nigeria nor the ideas behind them so any Nigerian can learn! Retardeen just needs to witch-hunt any dissenting Nigerian with our money?

Mark my words, the retardeen will be the biggest loser in the grand scheme of things if he manages to keep his skin alive. Back in the day in Ife when Obasanjo was president, Oil companies, mobile phone companies, banks, consulting companies all come to recruit graduating students to work in Lagos and all over Nigeria. Now it is all gone and replaced by fresh air!

Get your facts right. I am not GEJ defender in anyway. I am his number enemy on this forum. grin
CyberG: Obasanjo is the MAN no retardeen will be in a BILLION years! A leader that GEJ Daftluck will never be even if he rigged himself in a trillion times! The usual PDP defenders like tomkaint, payless, goddex, etc are all here with their tomfoolery but that has not changed the fact that retardeen badluck will never have any good thing about him in the history books of Nigeria. The contract to the Israelis is a waste of money because it is un-needed, wasteful and will be scrapped as soon as a serious government displaces this useless one. How does a sovereign country contract the details and secrets of its people and leadership to a foreign country? At $40 M, providing 0 experience, expertise and jobs for Nigerians? The software is not and will never be developed or brought to Nigeria nor the ideas behind them so any Nigerian can learn! Retardeen just needs to witch-hunt any dissenting Nigerian with our money?

Get your facts right, bro. I am not GEJ defender in anyway. I am his number enemy on this forum. I can't stand the retardeen. Although, I supported him after Yar'Adua died in office, but that was in the past. I have been against him since he began to dine and wine with corrupt entities like Anenih and co. Suspension of subsidy was the last straw for me.

3 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 29, 2013
" Obasanjo says probe me! " Laughable!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Let's see how clueless GEJ handles this new challenge.

1 Like

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by CyberG: 4:03am On Apr 29, 2013
payless:

Get your facts right. I am not GEJ defender in anyway. I am his number enemy on this forum. grin

Get your facts right, bro. I am not GEJ defender in anyway. I am his number enemy on this forum. I can't stand the retardeen. Although, I supported him after Yar'Adua died in office, but that was in the past. I have been against him since he began to dine and wine with corrupt entities like Anenih and co. Suspension of subsidy was the last straw for me.

Okay, my bad but you provoked me and I already sent the pestilence, efufulele o! I cancel them now and withdraw them. Be safe. You are safe!! grin
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by ekoilee: 5:05am On Apr 29, 2013
Retardeen is too dullard to look OBJ for face talk less prob him, na only to dey shakara small people and banning jet from flying hin sabi.

What a dumb clown...

2 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Johnnyhoo(m): 5:22am On Apr 29, 2013
see as ds jona boi dey yeye himself.. over 2u,oga gej
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by eggheaders(m): 5:26am On Apr 29, 2013
as much as I hate obj.I think he is way smarter than the retardeen gej.anyway you brought the shameless fuccktard on us and now you are regretting.I only hope the otueke fisherman can man up and lock you ibb in jail but no.cause he belongs to the same class of bad leaders as you and other dickheads.when buhari finally get to aso rock.y'all will be prison mates in kirikiri maybe then you can settle your scores.

12 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 29, 2013
What a challenge! Corruption challenges corruption. OBJ knows GEJ is damned too corrupt to even lift a finger against him. Instead of listing countless allegations of fraud and financial maladministration against OBJ on every occasion, this is another open cheque of prosecution freely given to this incompetent administration to write its worth.
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 29, 2013
It is only sensible not to add the battle of former head of states (OBJ, IBB,etc) to the plate now. The current president already has his plate FULL, more than any president before him. The president is battling Boko haram, kidnapping, crude oil theft, militancy in Niger Delta, bad roads, unstable power, poor rail network, unemployment, poor health facilities, poor education, almajiris in the north, poverty, politics of re-election in 2015, influence of social media, etc. The plate is FULL already.

Any person or group of people that loves the president and mean well for this country would not advice him to take on the former head of states, atleast for now.

After 2015 elections, by which time some of the problems on the plate now may either have been solved or minimized, the president can confidentally confront NEW battles, including if necessary, the probe of OBJ and co. But for now, it will be a bad decision.

Former presidents or head of states are powerful, with foot solders in and out of govt. And coupled with so much ethnic sentiments in this country make it seem as if they'r untouchable. Any govt that decides to take them on must be ready for all the backlash that'll follow

4 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by freebloke: 6:22am On Apr 29, 2013
emmatok:

No need stories,
Tell your Oga GEJ to
PROBE HIM IF YOU CAN.
bros sshop knuckles! cool

1 Like

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by freebloke: 6:26am On Apr 29, 2013
lacasa: Retardeeen over to u grin
no! no!! no!!!
Sincere 9ja over to u...
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by freebloke: 6:36am On Apr 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It is only sensible not to add the battle of former head of states (OBJ, IBB,etc) to the plate now. The current president already has his plate FULL, more than any president before him. The president is battling Boko haram, kidnapping, crude oil theft, militancy in Niger Delta, bad roads, unstable power, poor rail network, unemployment, poor health facilities, poor education, almajiris in the north, poverty, politics of re-election in 2015, influence of social media, etc. The plate is FULL already.

Any person or group of people that loves the president and mean well for this country would not advice him to take on the former head of states, atleast for now.

After 2015 elections, by which time some of the problems on the plate now may either have been solved or minimized, the president can confidentally confront NEW battles, including if necessary, the probe of OBJ and co. But for now, it will be a bad decision.
hehehehe...see dis one!
Mtcheeeew.

1 Like

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by fkaz(m): 6:55am On Apr 29, 2013
[size=14pt]baba nah baba anyday anytime [/size]

After den go say he misapropraite $16 billion on power, now he is calling for probe
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It is only sensible not to add the battle of former head of states (OBJ, IBB,etc) to the plate now. The current president already has his plate FULL, more than any president before him. The president is battling Boko haram, kidnapping, crude oil theft, militancy in Niger Delta, bad roads, unstable power, poor rail network, unemployment, poor health facilities, poor education, almajiris in the north, poverty, politics of re-election in 2015, influence of social media, etc. The plate is FULL already.

After 2015 elections, by which time some of the problems on the plate now may either have been solved or minimized, the president can confidentally confront NEW battles, including if necessary, the probe of OBJ and co.
But for now, it will be a bad decision.

Must he wait till after 2015 before he solve the problems of corruption ? It seems jonathan's bootLickers are even more reta'r'ded than him.what has setting up a panel got to do with the challenges facing Nigeria ?

Obj has challenged him and he should take on him if he's ready to fight corruption.however,I don't expect a corrupt jonathan who couldn't publicly declare his assets when his former boss did,a man who willingly granted his former 419 boss amnesty,a man who cover up his corrupt wife even in the face of EFCC indictment,a man who blessed criminals by granting them contracts to secure petroleum pipeline,a man who couldn't account for over $100 billion earned from cude export last year and many others.

How can such a man of low credibility probe obj ?

13 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 7:07am On Apr 29, 2013
Where dem dey? Doyin Okupe, SincereFool, Slimstupid and other sh!t rolling maggots? Where are the likes of Labaran Maku the rattling snakes?

Let's gooooooooooo thereeeeeeee!!!! The challenge is here......Show your worth by arresting or probing him.
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 7:12am On Apr 29, 2013

Former presidents or head of states are powerful, with foot solders in and out of govt. And coupled with so much ethnic sentiments in this country make it seem as if they'r untouchable. Any govt that decides to take them on must be ready for all the backlash that'll follow

Said like the tail cowering dog you are. Oh, the clueless one must wait till thy kingdom comes before fighting corruption. I dey laugh ooooooo!!

3 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2013

Why can't the Scumbag probe him?? Has probing Obj become rocket science?

Jonathan is festidiously corrupt!! Never in the history of this country has someone stollen over N2trillion!!! ('Subsidy'). Yet not a single person in jail so far. He sets up a committee to probe who stole what and sets up a counter committee to basterdize d report of the probe committee. Who is fooling who??

1 Like

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by freebloke: 7:18am On Apr 29, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Where dem dey? Doyin Okupe, SincereFool, Slimstupid and other sh!t rolling maggots? Where are the likes of Labaran Maku the rattling snakes?

Let's gooooooooooo thereeeeeeee!!!! The challenge is her......Show your worth by arresting or probe him.

naaaah...dem nor fit do sha!t.just watch and see...na only insults and names dem go begin throw @ baba.
Okupe go soon show... action! ghenghen!
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by tomakint: 7:23am On Apr 29, 2013
omenka:
Why can't the Scumbag probe him?? He sets up a committee to probe who stole what and sets up a counter committee to basterduze d report of the probe committee. Who is fooling who??
Probing Obasanjo who puts him there in Nigerian political setting is definitely going to divide the PDP house and will eventually divert attention Obj never for once probed IBB corrupt practises despite setting up Oputa Panel! If u are Jonathan what will you do to Obj? undecided
Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by TCUBE(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2013
GEJ should be the least of his problem. He just needs to hope and pray ATIKU doesn't get elected.

2 Likes

Re: Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan by fkaz(m): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2013

"in every bad leader thier must be a bad follower". and you a good example of a bad follower

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal’s Ex-aides Claim They Didn’t Resign, Insist Sokoto Gov Fired Them / Hunger, Diseases Dominate North-west, Zamfara In Crisis, MSF Raises The Alarm / Arrest, Prosecute Police Officers Who Brutalised NLC President – Falana To IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.