Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:49 PM

Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) (2470 Views)

My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! / My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem / Cost Of Gear Box Auto For Honda Civic 2002 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by APRIDE(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2013
Please can anyone in the house tell me the cost of gear lever. Mine is faulty and needs replacement.
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2013
APRIDE: Please can anyone in the house tell me the cost of gear lever. Mine is faulty and needs replacement.

I'm struggling really hard not to make a scathing comment. Do you want people to guess what car you're referring to here? You don't give any details whatsoever.

01) Make.
02) Model.
03) Model year.
04) Engine type.

And you really need to make yourself clearer. What exactly is wrong with your car? Because I doubt it's a gear lever issue. Most likely an internal transmission fault.

What symptoms are you getting?
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by APRIDE(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2013
It's Toyota Corola 2003/4 model(American Spec). My nephew took it out and complained later that the gear seized and would not engage, we had to call to a good mechanic who opened the bunnet and set the gear on drive mode. He said it was not a serious problem, that the gear lever was faulty and needed replacement. So, i want to know how much it is sold.
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2013
APRIDE: It's Toyota Corola 2003/4 model(American Spec). My nephew took it out and complained later that the gear seized and would not engage, we had to call to a good mechanic who opened the bunnet and set the gear on drive mode. He said it was not a serious problem, that the gear lever was faulty and needed replacement. So, i want to know how much it is sold.

Please be specific on the year. A lot can change in 12 months on a car. It's either one year or the other, not ****/**.

What engine does your Corolla have?
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by APRIDE(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2013
Its the same Engine with the bank type corolla, exactly the same dash but the front and rear lights differ. Just let me know the range of prices this gear lever costs.
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 29, 2013
APRIDE: Its the same Engine with the bank type corolla, exactly the same dash but the front and rear lights differ. Just let me know the range of prices this gear lever costs.

Bro, I still have no idea what you're talking about. I'm trying to help you, but you're making things difficult. undecided undecided

What is the EXACT year of your car, and what engine size us it? You say it's the same engine, but same as what?? "Bank Type" means nothing to me, and I'm sure there are different engines fitted to "Bank Type". undecided
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by APRIDE(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
I was just told that its actually the gear cable that needs replacement and not the gear lever.The corolla is 2003 model 1.8 Engine. Do you know about this gear cable? I just bought the car and do not know much about it.
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by cretin: 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
APRIDE: Its the same Engine with the bank type corolla, exactly the same dash but the front and rear lights differ. Just let me know the range of prices this gear lever costs.

hahahahahaha./............thats the average nigerian car owner for you.so fu*cking clueless about something he bought with his hard earned money!!
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by donkene(m): 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
the cable is 10000 naira
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by unforgiven: 10:50am On May 01, 2013
so much in a hurry to get an answer, he is not concentrating on his question.
Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by tlops(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2013
Never saw this part of NL

Re: Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) by Akdams(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Cable is 5k.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary / Toyota Camry (2000 - 2017 Edition) Maintenance / solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.