Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:04 PM

Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) (38753 Views)

Chartered Institute Of Administration (cia) / Nigerian Institute Of Management Registration / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by Godwin86: 7:49am On Apr 18, 2016
Pls @giantimpact and @ajasa4link how much will it cost now to write the 2016 October diet? I know it is only the advance diploma stage + the exemption fees. Pls how much?
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Godwin86:
Pls @giantimpact and @ajasa4link how much will it cost now to write the 2016 October diet? I know it is only the advance diploma stage + the exemption fees. Pls how much?
A paper at the advanced stage costs 15,000 and there are 3 compulsory and 3 electives which u can select out of the lot. And apart from the 15k multiplied by the number of papers u want to write, there is also a non refundable fee of 12, 500 and library and development fees of 4,000 which will be added. As regards the exemption, once registration commences, it's advised u register first as a member after which u will write a letter addressed to the director general seeking for exemptions. Ur academic credentials should be attached to the letter and the original copies too are to be sighted at the Institute's office. After u are granted the exemptions, u can then know the amount u will pay. U have 6months from the date the exemptions is granted to pay for the exemptions, which means u can write the next diet before paying for the exemption

1 Like

Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by myopinion2011: 2:49pm On May 30, 2016
ajasa4link:

A paper at the advanced stage costs 15,000 and there are 3 compulsory and 3 electives which u can select out of the lot. And apart from the 15k multiplied by the number of papers u want to write, there is also a non refundable fee of 12, 500 and library and development fees of 4,000 which will be added. As regards the exemption, once registration commences, it's advised u register first as a member after which u will write a letter addressed to the director general seeking for exemptions. Ur academic credentials should be attached to the letter and the original copies too are to be sighted at the Institute's office. After u are granted the exemptions, u can then know the amount u will pay. U have 6months from the date the exemptions is granted to pay for the exemptions, which means u can write the next diet before paying for the exemption
pls flash me on this number, need to talk to you privately. Very important pls: 07030072349
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 8:51pm On May 30, 2016
myopinion2011:
pls flash me on this number, need to talk to you privately. Very important pls: 07030072349
Are u on whatsapp?
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by coolbode1: 10:47am On Jun 18, 2016
pls,i need a brake down of how much to pay for an exemption in diploma stage to proceed to write adv diploma cos I have HND in insurance... pls wattapp me on 08029012147
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by AderibigbeAAA(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Please how can I get cheaper past Questions for CF1-3
I don't want to get from CIIN office, the price is quite high
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
AderibigbeAAA:
Please how can I get cheaper past Questions for CF1-3

I don't want to get from CIIN office, the price is quite high
I would've helped u, but I got exemptions for those those papers. Sadly, the only way u will get d past question is by buying at d secretariat. Except of course, if u have colleagues in the industry who have written those papers, so u might just make photocopy.
However, if u don't have an option, 1k for the past question is not too much, considering the fact that it will give u a direction of what to expect in the exam hall

1 Like

Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
coolbode1:
pls,i need a brake down of how much to pay for an exemption in diploma stage to proceed to write adv diploma cos I have HND in insurance... pls wattapp me on 08029012147

If ur HND insurance is from ciin accredited polytechnic, then u will get exemptions of d 3 papers in stage 1(7,500) per paper and the 3 papers in stage 2(9,500) per paper. However, u need to register first as a student member after which u will write an exemption letter. Once ur request is granted, u will be told to come and get d letter. Then u have within 6months to Pay for d exemptions.

1 Like

Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by AderibigbeAAA(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
ajasa4link:

I would've helped u, but I got exemptions for those those papers. Sadly, the only way u will get d past question is by buying at d secretariat. Except of course, if u have colleagues in the industry who have written those papers, so u might just make photocopy.
However, if u don't have an option, 1k for the past question is not too much, considering the fact that it will give u a direction of what to expect in the exam hall

A friend who help get the study pack at the Secretariat said each past Questions cost 1.5k

that is 1.5k for CF 1 , 1.5K for CF2 n si

Maybe I will eventually get it.
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
AderibigbeAAA:

A friend who help get the study pack at the Secretariat said each past Questions cost 1.5k

that is 1.5k for CF 1 , 1.5K for CF2 n si

Maybe I will eventually get it.
Subsidy has been removed niyen
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Registration has commenced for the next diet.

1 Like

Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by yetunsbay(m): 5:54am On Jul 05, 2016
As a banking and finance graduate am contemplating btw CIIN and CIPM(chartered institute of personnel mgt) is bst and apt for 'job opportunity' with respect to career.

Also,currently a serving corps member in SE. Is there any special package for them? Thks
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
yetunsbay:
As a banking and finance graduate am contemplating btw CIIN and CIPM(chartered institute of personnel mgt) is bst and apt for 'job opportunity' with respect to career.

Also,currently a serving corps member in SE. Is there any special package for them? Thks
If u want to start a career in the insurance sector, then CIIN is ur best bet. By this, I mean working in the core insurance technical department like underwriting, claims, reinsurance, insurance broking etc. However, u can also work in an insurance organisation /insurance broking firm without having to do CIIN, provided u will be working in departments like accounting/finance, HR etc. In this instance, u will be needing ICAN and CIPM certifications respectively.

So the ball lies in ur court, u are the one who knows exactly what u want
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
WAJW:
CHARTERED INSURANCE INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA
PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATIONS
EXEMPTION GUIDELINES
S/N
Qualification
Exemptions
Subjects To Be Examined

A:

CIIN Accredited Institutions:
ND (Insurance) obtained from CIIN accredited Institutions in Nigeria.

B.Sc./HND (Insurance) obtained from CIIN accredited Institutions in Nigeria.

M.Sc. (Insurance and /or Risk Management) obtained from CIIN accredited Institutions in Nigeria (in addition to B.Sc./HND in Insurance)

All Subjects in Certificate Level

All Subjects in Certificate and Diploma Levels

All Subjects in Certificate and Diploma Levels plus two (2) optional subjects in Advanced Diploma level.

All Subjects in:
- Diploma Level and
- Advanced Diploma level.

All Subjects in Advanced Diploma level.

All compulsory subjects in Advanced Diploma Level plus One (1) optional subject.

B.

Non-Accredited Institutions
ND (Insurance) obtained from recognized Institutions in Nigeria but not yet accredited by CIIN

B.Sc./HND (Insurance) obtained from recognized Institutions in Nigeria but not yet accredited by CIIN

One (1) optional subject in Certificate Level

One (1) optional subject in both Certificate and Diploma Levels.

Two (2) Compulsory Subjects in Certificate Level plus all subjects in Diploma and Advanced Diploma Levels.

Two (2) Compulsory Subjects at both Certificate and Diploma levels plus All Subjects in Advanced Diploma Level.

C.

Related Discipline
B.Sc./HND in related disciplines obtained from recognized Institutions in Nigeria e.g. Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accountancy etc.

Other qualifications accepted by the Institute.

Subject for subject based on Official Transcript.

Subject for subject based on Official Transcript and Council Ratification

All subjects except as might be exempted.

All subjects except as might be exempted.

Wassup? Did you later write the last diet? What stage are you at now
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by ajasa4link: 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
Anybody in the house still writing CIIN ? Just got two more papers to go at the Advanced Diploma Stage b4 becoming a chartered insurer.
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2017
Please someone give me format on how to write to the director for exemption. Email me kofo_jwxd@rocketmail.com

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 1:27pm On May 08, 2017
kofoWGT:
Please someone give me format on how to write to the director for exemption. Email me kofo_jwxd@rocketmail.com

Thank you!

Oops sorry I saw this late. Are u still in need of the letter?
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by emmas2k570(m): 2:29pm On May 21, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Oops sorry I saw this late. Are u still in need of the letter?

Pls I'm also in need of the format.....please help wid it.
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by emmas2k570(m): 2:40pm On May 21, 2017
Pls I gradiated from LASU which has been accredited by CIIN to write just the last stage Advance Diploma...I want to ask what are the 3 compulsory courses to be written in the stage aside from d electives.....
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 9:15pm On May 21, 2017
emmas2k570:

Pls I'm also in need of the format.....please help wid it.

I will send it to u tomorrow...send me a pm so I can get ur mail and forward it to u via mail
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 9:18pm On May 21, 2017
emmas2k570:
Pls I gradiated from LASU which has been accredited by CIIN to write just the last stage Advance Diploma...I want to ask what are the 3 compulsory courses to be written in the stage aside from d electives.....
The 3 compulsory courses are 1.Life Assurance 2. Property and pecuniary insurance 3. Risk, Regulation and capital adequacy.
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by olubenjazzy(m): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good day 2 U all.

Please is anyone available on this thread?

I have an issue researching or getting any information about CIIN online. The information I'm getting are not solving what I need.

I'm not an insurance student but my lecturer gave my group a topic which is CHARTERED INSURANCE INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA.

that we should get all about them compile the info together and submit by Monday.

He gave hint of what he is expecting like The Legal Framework,their mandate or functions, their achievements, their challenges, their development and their admin structure.

I've gotten few from their official website. Like d admin structure, their function and little of the legal framework work.

But d rest are just scarce

Please can anybody just help me out?
Maybe with a link or material about CIIN.

Below is my mail for available material
OLuBEN42@gmail.com

Thanks to u all in advance
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
olubenjazzy:
Good day 2 U all.

Please is anyone available on this thread?

I have an issue researching or getting any information about CIIN online. The information I'm getting are not solving what I need.

I'm not an insurance student but my lecturer gave my group a topic which is CHARTERED INSURANCE INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA.

that we should get all about them compile the info together and submit by Monday.

He gave hint of what he is expecting like The Legal Framework,their mandate or functions, their achievements, their challenges, their development and their admin structure.

I've gotten few from their official website. Like d admin structure, their function and little of the legal framework work.

But d rest are just scarce

Please can anybody just help me out?
Maybe with a link or material about CIIN.

Below is my mail for available material
OLuBEN42@gmail.com

Thanks to u all in advance

I think the best bet will be for you to go to the secretariat at Lagos street, Ebute Metta. You should get the address on the site. They will definitely help you out hopefully you meet a cheerful staff.
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by mrintelligent(m): 10:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
BlueRayDick:

I will send it to u tomorrow...send me a pm so I can get ur mail and forward it to u via mail

I sent you pm.
Thanks
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
mrintelligent:

I sent you pm.
Thanks
I replied u
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by Chuksemi(m): 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
BlueRayDick:
I replied u

Are you an Underwriter?
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
Chuksemi:

Are you an Underwriter?

Yes. just passed all qualifying exams this last diet.
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by Chuksemi(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Yes. just passed all qualifying exams this last diet.
Wow, Congratulations. Do you currently work in an Insurance firm?
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
Chuksemi:

Wow, Congratulations. Do you currently work in an Insurance firm?
Yeah I work in the industry.
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by Chuksemi(m): 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Yeah I work in the industry.

Thats awesome. I am currently a student in the university though. Studying Insurance for my first degree.

I want to know, what is the pay scale like? For permanent staffs working in the industry? Just a rough sketch.

Does CIIN certification make you immune to working majorly as a marketer in the industry?

I am in my Final Year
Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by BlueRayDick: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2017
Chuksemi:

Thats awesome. I am currently a student in the university though. Studying Insurance for my first degree.

I want to know, what is the pay scale like? For permanent staffs working in the industry? Just a rough sketch.

Does CIIN certification make you immune to working majorly as a marketer in the industry?

I am in my Final Year

There's no standard pay. It depends on the company you work with,how well they are doing in the market, how big the company is, whether you are a permanent or contract staff etc.

As for the certification, it doesn't make you immune to marketing. Marketing is just like any other department in the insurance company /insurance broking firm. There are many marketers who hold the CIIN certification. The certification is a proof that you are a certified professional as far as insurance business in Nigeria is concerned.
Surprisingly some people decided to choose marketing instead of technical despite studying insurance for first degree and being CIIN certified.

What am saying is, you can be a marketer and have CIIN certificate and you can also be a technical /underwriting person and still have it. It's all on choice and the path you wish to toe. Funny thing is,marketers rise faster in the industry more than technical people. You know marketers are mostly appraised based on targets, so once they keep meeting it they move fast unlike technical people that are appraised based on various parameters.

If u have the financial power I will advise u start CIIN now if u really want to work in the industry. It will help you. The certificate is a hot cake in the industry.Now u have time to read, but when u start working to read and pass becomes very difficult because of the work stress and spending money, partying etc

1 Like

Re: Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) by joeyarticles: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2017
So insurance has a chattered body?? Didn't know that insurance practice in Nigeria is getting more professional, Anyway, they should try and help student who needs research data on insurance, so difficult to access data on insurance activities in Nigerian - Tech Lumy

http://www.techlumy.com/insurance-practice-basic-principles-practised-insurance-business/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Who Happily Drives A Dangote Truck In The North. Photos / Wole Adesemoye, Nigerian Firefighter In Control Of Grenfell Tower Fire In UK / 9 Jobs That Don’t Require A University Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.